Round of 16 - Irene vs Gajeel | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 Irene vs Gajeel

Who advances?

• Irene Belserion

Votes: 64 87.7%
  • Gajeel Redfox

Votes: 9 12.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Don't know why Gajeel having DF is even a major factor in this battle..

Wendy outclassed Irene without Dragon Force, so why would Gajeel need it?

Not only is Wendy weaker than Gajeel, but she's technically a support mage. Gajeel, on the other hand, is specialized in combat.

Also, Gajeel has Iron Shadow Dragon Mode. If he turns into a shadow, Irene's claw swipe will miss.

Then, when Gajeel uses his strongest dragon slaying spell, Irene will be finished.
If that the case Wendy would have told erza that she can take her on her self. Having ds advantage doesn't give the win 2. Gajeel isn't an enchanter so Wendy able counter irene magic isnt the samefeat gajeel can do. Irene use deus sema call it a day

Aonori

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Irene One shots, if she actually why is this even a thread again?
Gajeel cant escape Sema, and we know that a master enchanter like Irene would´ve no problem trapping Gajeel with a Charriot spell like Jellal did to Oracion Seis but Stronger, if she wanted, forcing him to tank Sema, there´s 0 hope of survival for Gajeel.

Cosmicstar

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Why do people act like Gajeel even with DF is faster than Wendy? Wendy outclasses Gajeel in speed. Wendy using her speed to land hits on Irene doesn't equate to Gajeel being able to do the same.

First and for most people logic is fried. Just because Gajeel is stronger than Wendy(Debatable) doesn't mean he can accomplish the same feats against her as Wendy did. Just as Levy was able to do things against Bradman base Gajeel couldn't. Now are we saying Levy>Gajeel? Stop using the excuse sine Wendy did something so could Gajeel.

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Why do people act like Gajeel even with DF is faster than Wendy? Wendy outclasses Gajeel in speed. Wendy using her speed to land hits on Irene doesn't equate to Gajeel being able to do the same.

First and for most people logic is fried. Just because Gajeel is stronger than Wendy(Debatable) doesn't mean he can accomplish the same feats against her as Wendy did. Just as Levy was able to do things against Bradman base Gajeel couldn't. Now are we saying Levy>Gajeel? Stop using the excuse sine Wendy did something so could Gajeel.
Its not an excuse, Gajeel is just leagues above Wendy, in every aspect. Wendy was utterly helpless against Dimaria, while Gajeel massacred Bloodman without using a single spell. He is faster, stronger and more durable. if Wendy is landing hits on Eileen then Gajeel is doing the same with less effort.

Cosmicstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Its not an excuse, Gajeel is just leagues above Wendy, in every aspect. Wendy was utterly helpless against Dimaria, while Gajeel massacred Bloodman without using a single spell. He is faster, stronger and more durable. if Wendy is landing hits on Eileen then Gajeel is doing the same with less effort.
Gajeel needed a powerup to go toe to toe with Bloodman. He was getting wrecked prior he also needed Levy's help. Also Wendy blocked a full attack from Dimaria while she was in base. She is faster than Gajeel by feats and stronger. Especially if we are powersaling. Irene>>>>>>>>>>>Bloodman. Stated and shown.

Also Gajeel isn't doing the same as Wendy as first off he doesn't posses enchantment like Wendy. Second off he doesn't have someone like Erza backing them up and third off without Bloodman he doesn't have any Iron Black Mode.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Gajeel needed a powerup to go toe to toe with Bloodman. He was getting wrecked prior he also needed Levy's help. Also Wendy blocked a full attack from Dimaria while she was in base. She is faster than Gajeel by feats and stronger. Especially if we are powersaling. Irene>>>>>>>>>>>Bloodman. Stated and shown.

Also Gajeel isn't doing the same as Wendy as first off he doesn't posses enchantment like Wendy. Second off he doesn't have someone like Erza backing them up and third off without Bloodman he doesn't have any Iron Black Mode.
You mean when he literally ate poison? Only thing he got from that was the ability to touch Bloodman.
Wendy wasnt fast enough to blitz Dimaria, while Gajeel blitzed Bloodman so hard he couldnt do anything to retaliate, by feats Gajeel's speed and strength are a cut above Wendy's.
So what if base Wendy blocked Dims full powered attack? Base Gajeel tanked Bloodmans full power attack, swam into it to find Levy and then swam out carrying her with him.
Wendy's enchantments were only used to protect and boost Erza, Gajeel doesnt need it to replicate Wendy's feat.
Gajeel's speed is far enough above Wendy's that unlike her, he can land hits without Erza's support
Doesnt need Iron Black Mode cause Eileen isnt made up of magic barrier particles.

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
You mean when he literally ate poison? Only thing he got from that was the ability to touch Bloodman.
While I agree with the majority of your post, shouldn't he have got at least a bit of a power up due to the iron in the MBP's? I know there was hardly any iron in the MBP's, but it still should have refreshed him/given him a tiny power up.

Kay3795

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Actually Cosmicstar made a fantastic point in criticizing anyone utilising the typical "I've got bigger biceps" argument when it has no basis here. First of all, Gajeel doesn't surpass Wendy in every way (nor can he do all that she can do, thus it cannot be said that he could've done what would've been relevant enough to support Erza as greatly as she was supported had he been in Wendy's shoes during the Irene fight). That's a straight-up lie!

For example; you cannot claim that he has superior magical energy to Wendy for instance because Irene utilising her body told us that she didn't really lose mana. For you to argue this point means you're willing to argue that Gajeel has comparable mana with Irene herself—I dare you to argue he does! Superior magicial energy typically means more potent demonstrations, so whose to say Gajeel is really stronger? How can you be so sure of such a thing?

Now what I find interesting is how Irene practically opposing Acno—the same guy that gave Serena the speedblitz-fodder treatment & supposedly rendered Jacob's attempt as worthless— reacting to him with zero difficulty & tossing him around like a mother owning a foolish child gone astray isn't being used to compliment her on how powerful she must have been. The speculation (excuse) of Acno utilising more speed Vs Serena doesn't fly either—its baseless— since we found out that she was essentially the Queen of all Dragons, someone he had much more disdain for than Serena. Yet Wendy & (especially) Erza impressed her greatly. This makes Wendy (& Erza) all the more impressive.

Like Cosmicstar said, "people logic is fried". It can't even be said that logic took preeminence in this tournament in the first place as people were voting with gross subjectivity & bias from the onset.

Last edited:

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
The speculation of Acno utilising more speed doesn't fly either—its baseless— since we found out that she was essentially the Queen of all Dragons, someone he had much more disdain for than Serena. Yet Wendy & (especially) Erza impressed her greatly. This makes Wendy (& Erza) all the more impressive.
Acnologia didn't know Irene was the Queen of Dragons, had he known she would be dead.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
While I agree with the majority of your post, shouldn't he have got at least a bit of a power up due to the iron in the MBP's? I know there was hardly any iron in the MBP's, but it still should have refreshed him/given him a tiny power up.
But is it enough to counter all those MBPs eating away at his body? Imo it seems unlikely.
Actually Cosmicstar made a fantastic point in criticizing anyone utilising the typical "I've got bigger biceps" argument when it has no basis here. First of all, Gajeel doesn't surpass Wendy in every way (nor can he do all that she can do, thus it cannot be said that he could've done what would've been relevant enough to support Erza as greatly as she was supported had he been in Wendy's shoes during the Irene fight). That's a straight-up lie!
Lie? Its my opinion, unless you're saying that i dont actually think Wendy is outclassed by Gajeel and am lying about that.
I also didnt say anything about Gajeel being able to support Erza as well as Wendy.
For example; you cannot claim that he has superior magical energy to Wendy for instance because Irene utilising her body told us that she didn't really lose mana. For you to argue this point means you're willing to argue that Gajeel has comparable mana with Irene herself—I dare you to argue he does! Superior magicial energy typically means more potent demonstrations, so whose to say Gajeel is really stronger? How can you be so sure of such a thing?
I can claim it, Wendy having more power than Eileen thought doesnt mean she has more power than Gajeel.
Oh and Eileen did lose mana, just not as much as she was expecting.
Now what I find interesting is how Irene practically opposing Acno—the same guy that gave Serena the speedblitz-fodder treatment & supposedly rendered Jacob's attempt as worthless— reacting to him with zero difficulty & tossing him around like a mother owning a foolish child gone astray isn't being used to compliment her on how powerful she must have been. The speculation (excuse) of Acno utilising more speed Vs Serena doesn't fly either—its baseless— since we found out that she was essentially the Queen of all Dragons, someone he had much more disdain for than Serena. Yet Wendy & (especially) Erza impressed her greatly. This makes Wendy (& Erza) all the more impressive.
Like MLG Bradman said, Acno had no idea Eileen was the Queen of Dragons. So yeah, the "Acno wasnt serious" argument/excuse does indeed fly.
Oh and "tossing Acno around like a child" lol? You honestly think Eileen is powerful enough to do that to a serious Acnologia? Serious Acno massacres Eileen like he did Serena.
Like Cosmicstar said, "people logic is fried". It can't even be said that logic took preeminence in this tournament in the first place as people were voting with gross subjectivity & bias from the onset.
Or maybe its you and Cosmicstar who have "fried" logic and its "people" who have the sound logic
Ha, and i suppose among all these "bias" voters, you are one of the few perfectly objective people?

Last edited:

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
But is it enough to counter all those MBPs eating away at his body? Imo it seems unlikely..
Were they even eating away at him? I know Gajeel isn't immune (only resistant) to them, but Bradman said:
Since Gajeel digested them, shouldn't it have actually stopped him losing power?

CaptainTorch

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hmm... I still think that Gajeel, even in base, is stronger than DF Wendy. However she is no doubt faster, even if we take "DF" Gajeel. I mean, even since Wendy's DF was introduced, speed was her main thing. And it still is. As we saw against Irene. So no, Wendy is faster in the speed department. In DF she is arguably one of the fastest characters in the verse.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Were they even eating away at him? I know Gajeel isn't immune (only resistant) to them, but Bradman said:
Since Gajeel digested them, shouldn't it have actually stopped him losing power?
I dunno, kinda seems like a "drinking salt water to quench your thirst" kinda deal, i mean, if you needed to absorb some salt.... to punch a salt man... Anyway, you could be right, but even if you are, i doubt the gain in strength was anything substantial. Gajeel could just eat his belt buckle and still gain much more iron than he would from sucking in particles in the air, especially since those particles arent actually iron particles, just particles of a substance that has a tiny amount of iron in them.

Kay3795

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Or maybe its you and Cosmicstar who have "fried" logic and its "people" who have the sound logic
Ha, and i suppose among all these "bias" voters, you are one of the few perfectly objective people?
When voting is taking place here in opposition to another character specifically because there is a dislike for a character, then of course you'd be considered biased...duh!

Lemme test how logical you think you really are. I'll start with this:

Its not an excuse, Gajeel is just leagues above Wendy, in every aspect.
Defend this point!
Everything I've said hinges on how well you're able to defend this point. If you can defend your stance well you win, if you can't you lose.

It means you'd have to find accurate comparisons with regards to their speed, strength, stamina, MP & all other variables—i.e match-ups, mindset, conditions—& arrive at a (non-biased) conclusion that indeed Gajeel is superior to Wendy in every aspect.

Last edited:

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Why is Wendy even so crucial in this dabate as a comparison, the only thing she did in her fight was hit Eileen one time, and even that one time was offguard. I dont see Wendy hitting Eileen in a one-on-one even once. Also Wendy negated two or three of Eileen's enchantments, beacause she is an enchanter, but Gajeel is not, so he wont be able to do that. And I consider Erza to be much more faster than Gajeel, so he wont be able to easily dodge all those fire blasts as Erza did. And considering Eileen can fly and has freaking huge magic reserves, she would spam her enchantments at Gajeel all day.

If Wendy fought alone she would have been crushed, and unfortunately the same goes for Gajeel. As much as I like Gajeel (he is my favorite dragon slayer), i dont see him passing.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
When voting is taking place here in opposition to another character specifically because there is a dislike for a character, then of course you'd be considered biased...duh!
But how do you know that people are voting specifically because they dislike a character? As i recall only one person has stated that he will not vote for someone no matter what, were you talking only about those who specifically stated their votes would be decided from how much they like or dislike a character? If the answer is yes then i apologize for criticizing you.

Lemme test how logical you think you really are. I'll start with this:

Defend this point!
Everything I've said hinges on how well you're able to defend this point. If you can defend your stance well you win, if you can't you lose.

It means you'd have to find accurate comparisons with regards to their speed, strength, stamina, MP & all other variables—i.e match-ups, mindset, conditions—& arrive at a (non-biased) conclusion that indeed Gajeel is superior to Wendy in every aspect.
Uh.. so its a game? I suppose i can play if it'll make you happy.

First off, i'll say that "every aspect" was an exaggeration on my part, i meant the basics i.e strength, speed, durability. I didnt mean Gajeel is better than Wendy at everything including things he cant do like enchantments, eating air, being short etc.

Alright, onto the main points.
Strength: Do i need to explain this? Gajeel blasted Bloodman into smithereens with his fists, Wendy's fists couldnt leave a scratch on Dimaria.
Speed: Little less clear cut, but Gajeel could easily blitz Bloodman, the guy was completely unable to react to any of Gajeel's attacks. While Wendy on the other hand couldnt blitz Dimaria.
Durability: Another clear cut victory for Gajeel. Wendy was massacred by Dimaria, downed in a couple of seconds, while Bloodman was pelting Gajeel with attack after attack to no avail. Even Bloodmans ultimate curse couldnt slow Gajeel down, he just swam right in there, grabbed Levy and carried her out in his arms. If Wendy could keep her barrier up 100% of the time this would be more of a contest, but she cant.

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
lol at Wendy>gajeel. That's laughable anyways Wendy can't beat any of the spriggan on a 1v1 battle those are facts gajeel can and solo about like 3 on his own anyways Irene till wins gajeel sorry man I like him but he isn't making it pass Irene

Star Frost

Reaction score
Country
United States
But how do you know that people are voting specifically because they dislike a character? As i recall only one person has stated that he will not vote for someone no matter what, were you talking only about those who specifically stated their votes would be decided from how much they like or dislike a character? If the answer is yes then i apologize for criticizing you.

Uh.. so its a game? I suppose i can play if it'll make you happy.

First off, i'll say that "every aspect" was an exaggeration on my part, i meant the basics i.e strength, speed, durability. I didnt mean Gajeel is better than Wendy at everything including things he cant do like enchantments, eating air, being short etc.

Alright, onto the main points.
Strength: Do i need to explain this? Gajeel blasted Bloodman into smithereens with his fists, Wendy's fists couldnt leave a scratch on Dimaria.
Speed: Little less clear cut, but Gajeel could easily blitz Bloodman, the guy was completely unable to react to any of Gajeel's attacks. While Wendy on the other hand couldnt blitz Dimaria.
Durability: Another clear cut victory for Gajeel. Wendy was massacred by Dimaria, downed in a couple of seconds, while Bloodman was pelting Gajeel with attack after attack to no avail. Even Bloodmans ultimate curse couldnt slow Gajeel down, he just swam right in there, grabbed Levy and carried her out in his arms. If Wendy could keep her barrier up 100% of the time this would be more of a contest, but she cant.
I don't see those as good points to use to show how he's better than Wendy because from the way you're talking, it's as though Bloodman is much stronger than Dimaria which I find more of the other way round. Dimaria shown greater durability, speed of her attacks like her energy beams that couldn't be seen nor evaded fast enough and not to mention very lethal, plus it took a 3rd Origin power up to defeat her which even though she was suffering damage by not only that but from someone who got slayer advantage, she was still able to continue to fight unlike Bloodman which is a no wonder Wendy was getting beaten because she's so powerful! He may had owned Bloodman who I don't find have any attributes that's superior to Dimaria's (except maybe in defense due to his intangibility)but just because of that, doesn't mean he can do the same to Dimaria if speaking hypothetically that he's in Wendy's place. But anyhow, I don't see him winning against Irene.

Last edited:

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I don't see those as good points to use to show how he's better than Wendy because from the way you're talking, it's as though Bloodman is much stronger than Dimaria which I find more of the other way round. Dimaria shown greater durability, speed of her attacks like her energy beams that couldn't be seen nor evaded fast enough and not to mention very lethal, plus it took a 3rd Origin power up to defeat her which even though she was suffering damage by not only that but from someone who got slayer advantage, she was still able to continue to fight unlike Bloodman which is a no wonder Wendy was getting beaten because she's so powerful! He may had owned Bloodman who I don't find have any attributes that's superior to Dimaria's (except maybe in defense due to his intangibility)but just because of that, doesn't mean he can do the same to Dimaria if speaking hypothetically that he's in Wendy's place. But anyhow, I don't see him winning against Irene.
Really? I thought i was talking as though Bloodman and Dimaria are equals, thats how i meant it to sound at least. Gajeel and Wendy both accomplished feats against spriggans, Gajeel's are just significantly more impressive.
Dimaria without Age Seal has never impressed me, especially after the END stompage. I'd rank her on par with Bloodman without his Intangibility.
Anyway, without repeating my old argument, for me it simply comes down to this, Gajeel could defeat a spriggan, Wendy could not. The difference in their power level is vast, like it always has been. Wendy has improved sure, but she hasnt surpassed Gajeel or come anywhere close to it. I'm honestly surprised people are even arguing it.

I dont see Gajeel winning against Eileen either, but i have him doing far better than Wendy.

Last edited:

Star Frost

Reaction score
Country
United States
Really? I thought i was talking as though Bloodman and Dimaria are equals, thats how i meant it to sound at least. Gajeel and Wendy both accomplished feats against spriggans, Gajeel's are just significantly more impressive.
Dimaria without Age Seal has never impressed me, especially after the END stompage. I'd rank her on par with Bloodman without his Intangibility.
Anyway, without repeating my old argument, for me it simply comes down to this, Gajeel could defeat a spriggan, Wendy could not. The difference in their power level is vast, like it always has been. Wendy has improved sure, but she hasnt surpassed Gajeel or come anywhere close to it. I'm honestly surprised people are even arguing it.

I dont see Gajeel winning against Eileen either, but i have him doing far better than Wendy.
Oh well there's that too. I find Dimaria much superior to Bloodman because as the reasons stated before, greater durability, speed, and strength. The END stoppage shouldn't have any factor of you to judge her so lowly since END is who Dimaria said surpasses that of the gods which is what her magic is based on. And I do agree that Gajeel is stronger than Wendy, but not in somethjng like speed because yeah Wendy is fast in DF.

I don't think he could do better than Wendy against Irene only because he doesn't have anything to counter against her which Wendy's enchantments is the main reason why she and Erza stood a chance against her.

Status
Not open for further replies.