Round of 16 - Irene vs Gajeel | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 Irene vs Gajeel

Who advances?

• Irene Belserion

Votes: 64 87.7%
  • Gajeel Redfox

Votes: 9 12.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmicstar

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Irene stomps.

The most important thing here is that without Bradman particles Gajeel can't enter his Steel mode/Dragon Force.

I don't understand what people don't get about that.

Also the only thing Gajeel did to Bloodman was physically dominate him. It was Levy who negated most of his attacks. Gajeel only negated Bloodman intangible body like Juvia did to Keith.

Flat out shown and flat out stated. It wasn't like Gajeel negated any of Bloodman super attacks. So I don't see him negating Irene's attacks. Even then without Universe 1 Gajeel would have died at the hands of Bradman.

The only way Gajeel has a chance against Irene is if they fought in a physical contest an even then Irene could enchant her strength to overpower Gajeel.

Gajeel is literally overrated. Iron black mode or no Iron black Mode Gajeel gets stomped.

randimari

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I love me some Irene but Gajeel is being vastly underrated. If Wendy can land attacks on her Gajeel can do the same but more powerful. Dragon Irene however...

~Charging Lightning~

Reaction score
Country
United States
The Gajeel disrespect is ridiculous. I agree that Irene wins but there's no way in hell that this is a stomp. He stomped a solid mid tier Spriggan in mere seconds with his DF form. If Irene could truly stomp him then she would have one shot Wendy the second the fight started. Nevertheless, as I said before, Irene wins probably around mid diff.

even Wendy overpowered Irene:derp:derp:derp

Gajeel is obvious winner here :cheez:cheez:cheez
Lmao your trolling skills need work my dude.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
No contest.

Gajeel fodderizes Irene. This is basically a one-sided annihilation for Gajeel.

All of his stats should be significantly higher than Base Wendy, in terms of combat. And his Dragon Slaying Magic should be just as effective as Wendy's, if not, better.

The way I see it, Irene loses in both forms, Human and Dragon. It doesn't matter which one she uses.

Eventually, Irene is going to have to admit defeat to a dragon slayer. It's ridiculous that she manages to past all the dragon slayers in the tournament, considering that her feats are sub-par to most of them.

Gajeel seems like the perfect candidate to stop Irene in her tracks.

So yeah, this match seems rather favored towards Gajeel.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
No contest.

Gajeel fodderizes Irene. This is basically a one-sided annihilation for Gajeel.

All of his stats should be significantly higher than Base Wendy, in terms of combat. And his Dragon Slaying Magic should be just as effective as Wendy's, if not, better.

The way I see it, Irene loses in both forms, Human and Dragon. It doesn't matter which one she uses.

Eventually, Irene is going to have to admit defeat to a dragon slayer. It's ridiculous that she manages to past all the dragon slayers in the tournament, considering that her feats are sub-par to most of them.

Gajeel seems like the perfect candidate to stop Irene in her tracks.

So yeah, this match seems rather favored towards Gajeel.
How would Gajeel even get near her to land any attacks? Remember, Irene was capable of doing this to Human Acnologia.
Gajeel doesn't have the same physical capabilities as Acnologia of resisting a spell with that much physical force behind it. She can keep her distance in the fight then use this to land some serious damage.
Something like this would dish out heavy damage to Gajeel, moreso if she spams it.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Lmao you're wasting your time, Nemispelled hates Irene. He would of picked Wendy if she fought her. I mean no disrespect to Nemispelled but am I lying? Gajeel will do some good damage to Human Irene and even Dragon Irene with only DF, we can't forget DF Wendy landed techs on her that did more damage than Erza's swords

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
How would Gajeel even get near her to land any attacks? Remember, Irene was capable of doing this to Human Acnologia.
Gajeel doesn't have the same physical capabilities as Acnologia of resisting a spell with that much physical force behind it. She can keep her distance in the fight then use this to land some serious damage.
Something like this would dish out heavy damage to Gajeel, moreso if she spams it.

To be fair, Acnologia let that fireball come towards him. There's no guarantee that Gajeel would not be able to dodge something like that.

Even 95% crippled Erza was able to meet Deus Sema half way into the sky... and Deus Sema is a lot stronger than a casual fireball.

Base Wendy and Erza were winning against Human Irene.

I don't see why somebody like Gajeel cannot achieve the same feat.

Irene was only considered a top-tier Spriggan for her dragon form, which is useless in this battle.

Being fair to Gajeel, I don't see how a dragon slayer of his caliber does not pass this round..

He's one of the most experienced and strongest dragon slayers in the series (alongside Laxus and Natsu).

There's no way Irene is pulling through, especially if she struggled with Wendy and Erza.

Gajeel is a DS for a reason.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Lmao you're wasting your time, Nemispelled hates Irene. He would of picked Wendy if she fought her. I mean no disrespect to Nemispelled but am I lying? Gajeel will do some good damage to Human Irene and even Dragon Irene with only DF, we can't forget DF Wendy landed techs on her that did more damage than Erza's swords

If it was Gray vs. Irene, I would have voted Irene.. because her dragon form would crush Gray.

If it was Non-Dragon Slayer Gajeel vs. Irene, I would have voted Irene... because her dragon form would easily dispose of Gajeel.

If it is Iron Dragon Slayer Gajeel vs. Irene... Gajeel simply wins.

He's a dragon slayer who can revert Irene's dragon form... which is her only chance for a victory.

Him being stronger than the likes of Wendy and Erza is pretty much the only thing left that I need to look at. Therefore, I have no doubt that Gajeel would win this.

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
right now im kinda neutral but i disagree with @Nemispelled having a ds advantage doesnt mean its a guarantee win having an type of advantage slayer wise doesnt mean a victory we have seen that many times in this manga. if gajeel was fighting erza and wendy he isnt winning its even debateable if he can beat erza (without the POF) 2.irene blitzes erza be4 giving the mother and daughter speech. 3, i could say the gajeel doesnt have a feats that put him at erza pof lvl. according to @Axiomus POF feats are allow and he has to be canonally shown so gajeel doesnt have any feats to put on her lvl to destroy that meteor but as for now im neutral if some1 can convince that gajeel has the feats or the portayal maybe ill lean to gajeel but right now im leaning to irene

Pirate Queen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
One sided annihilation. Irene takes this extremely low diff. While df could neutralize her dragon form, she still wasnt defeat and had to off herself. I doubt Gajeel even forces her to dragon form in this match
He's not an enchanter like Wendy
He<Erza when it comes to physical damage
He has not anti etherno to go into that darksteel mode and there no confirmation it was dragon force
Durability less than Erza

Irene just overwhelms him here.

Invel > Zeref

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Why is dragon force Gajeel even a point of discussion when he clearly hasn't shown to be able to do go into this mode? Dragon force gives a dragon slayer features of a dragon while Jet Black iron gave Gajeel's iron the properties of Bloodman's demon particles. The difference is pretty clear

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I would go for irene. Maybe if gajeel has dragon force he could pull it off but it doesn't seem like he ever got there.

Solitrine

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Irene takes it. Only problem for her would be if Gajeel landed some CQC hits on her but I doubt it would happen before she can blast him with enchantments like she did Acno.

**Silver**

Reaction score
Country
Finland
The Gajeel disrespect is ridiculous. I agree that Irene wins but there's no way in hell that this is a stomp. He stomped a solid mid tier Spriggan in mere seconds with his DF form. If Irene could truly stomp him then she would have one shot Wendy the second the fight started. Nevertheless, as I said before, Irene wins probably around mid diff.

Lmao your trolling skills need work my dude.
yeah i know but manga panels speak itself Wenny speed blized Irene how many times??? if Wendy can speed bliz Irene then Gajeel should be able to do the same.. and Gajeel strongest attack most likely is stronger than Erza sword swing:yodawg:yodawg

Gajeel--->Wendy

even God Serena has the power to win against Irene...

Gajeel--->God Serena

Jean Grey

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Irene mid diff.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Don't know why Gajeel having DF is even a major factor in this battle..

Wendy outclassed Irene without Dragon Force, so why would Gajeel need it?

Not only is Wendy weaker than Gajeel, but she's technically a support mage. Gajeel, on the other hand, is specialized in combat.

Also, Gajeel has Iron Shadow Dragon Mode. If he turns into a shadow, Irene's claw swipe will miss.

Then, when Gajeel uses his strongest dragon slaying spell, Irene will be finished.

Last edited:

Zelefomavis

Reaction score
Country
France
Irene totally.
Gajeel without DF is not that strong (compared to the top fighters that are in the tournament, not to the likes of 99% of the ppl on earthland)

Some ppl downgrade Irene due to her feats against Erza and Wendy but first
1)bcs she s erza
and even if you don t aknowledge that, a lot of ppl use stuff to defend other ppl "look at blah, she fought this much and got injured, so she was not in her best state"
Well Irene
-stomped north (not much of an effort though)
-fought Acno
-Cast U1
-TP to mirajane and "fought" her
-Extract FH (almost)
-Enchanted 1million fodder to strong guys

Well that must have taken quite a toll on her, I mean isnt it a lot in 2 days ?

So imo Irene as her best is the beast who fought Acno and she completely destroys Gajeel (mid diff a best but ...)

Status
Not open for further replies.