Hangout - J-Music Hangout / The J- Music Show | Page 26 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout J-Music Hangout / The J- Music Show

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Re: J-Music Hangout

X - Japan is the best thing from the Japanese rock music groups, many come close, but still the drummer/pianist dude, rocks them all, I just wanted to say they are my favorite ban form Japan. :D

Beautiful songs, and good mixing of English and Japanese.

alice&uncas

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Visual Kei

My preference for visual-kei seems to be colourful ones with a fashion sense similar to scene kids.

Then you must like oshare kei more than visual kei. One of my favorite oshare kei band is Himeyuri.

4thwioko

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Great ! I love versailles too, see my avatar, it's Kamijo, Versailles's vocalist..^^

what versailles song u like?

alice&uncas

Reaction score
Country
United States

Great ! I love versailles too, see my avatar, it's Kamijo, Versailles's vocalist..^^

what versailles song u like?
The Revenant Choir
Aristocrat's Symphony

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: J-Music Hangout

Here are the lists of all the J-pop/idols and J-rock artists who are confirmed to be safe from the earthquake.

Although you may be relieved, please continue to feel compassion for those who have died, are missing or lost their homes & loved ones.

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
The J-Rock Thread

Here’s a thread to talk about anything and everything regarding Japanese rock. :cool:

Let’s start with some J-rock news:

From SYNC MUSIC JAPAN

LUNA SEA / Release of Self-Cover Album! / セルフカバーアルバム発売!

Marking last year with their reboot after a 10-year break and successful 3-day lives at Tokyo Dome,
the powerful rock band LUNA SEA is now releasing a self-cover album “LUNA SEA.” Commemorating the 20th year since their very first album “LUNA SEA” released in 4/1991, the 5 members fronted by RYUICHI came together after a long break of 10 years and prepared this self-cover album. The limited premium box includes rare bonus items selected by the members themselves.

“LUNA SEA”
Release on 3/16/2011
LIMITED PREMIUM BOX (CD+T-shirt+Cassette Tape): YIZQ-10048/B 10,000 yen (tax in.)
CD+DVD: YICQ-10049/B 3,990 yen (tax in.)
CD Only: YICQ-10050 3,150 yen (tax in.)

昨年、10年ぶりに活動を再開し、東京ドーム公演3Daysを成功させたロックバンド・LUNA SEAのセルフカバーアルバム『LUNA SEA』が発売する。同アルバムは、ボーカルのRYUICHIらメンバー5人が10年ぶりに集結し、20 年前に発売したインディーズ1stアルバム『LUNA SEA』(1991年4月発売)をセルフカバーしたもの。特典には、メンバーこだわりのレアアイテムを満載した。

「LUNA SEA」
2011年3月16日発売
数量限定PREMIUM BOX(CD+グッズ+カセットテープ: YIZQ-10048/B ¥10,000 (tax in.)
CD+DVD: YICQ-10049/B ¥3,990(tax in.)
CD Only: YICQ-10050 ¥3,150(tax in.)

LUNA SEA Official Website
http://lunasea.jp

LUNA SEA avex Official Website
http://avexnet.or.jp/lunasea/

LUNA SEA Official Twitter
http://twitter.com/lunaseaofficial

LUNA SEA Official Myspace
http://myspace.com/lunasea

LUNA SEA Official Facebook
http://facebook.com/lunaseareboot

Since the above news is about one of my favorite J-rock bands, I thought I would post one of my favorite Luna Sea’s songs.

Luna Sea – Rosier

I also like the cover of Rosier by High and Mighty Color

Rosier (Cover) - High and Mighty Color

雅-MIYAVI- / WHAT’S MY NAME? WORLD TOUR 2011

From SYNC MUSIC JAPAN

Ever active in the overseas music scene as much as in Japan, MIYAVI is going on his world tour, “WHAT’S MY NAME? WORLD TOUR 2011.” Come out to his live to experience his unique world of music!海外でも精力的に活動する、雅-MIYAVI-。WHAT’S MY NAME? WORLD TOUR 2011での海外公演が決定。是非その目で彼の音楽に触れてほしい。

WHAT’S MY NAME? WORLD TOUR 2011 -EUROPE-
3/16/2011 Barcelona, Spain – Apolo
3/17/2011 Lisbon, Portugal – SanTiago Alquimista
3/19/2011 London, UK – HMV Forum
3/22/2011 Nantes, France – La Carriere
3/23/2011 Lyon, France – Transbordeur
3/25/2011 Lille, France – Le Splendid
3/26/2011 Strasbourg, France – Laiterie
3/27/2011 Paris, France – Trianon
3/29/2011 Amsterdam, Netherlands – Melkweg
3/31/2011 Brussels, Belgium – Botanique

MIYAVI Official Website
http://myv382tokyo.com/

MIYAVI Official Myspace
http://www.myspace.com/miyavi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In response to the damage caused by the March 11 earthquake (Tōhoku Chihō Taiheiyō-oki Jishin) and tsunami, Japanese rock performer Gackt launched a new donation fund called "Show Your Heart." Donations raised through the fund will be given to the Japanese Red Cross, the affected prefectures, and social welfare organizations.

Many Japanese celebrities and musical artists have posted messages on the official website showing their support:

•Kazuhiko Gomi
•DJ Sinji
•Hisanori Takahashi
•h.NAOTO
•Kenji Tamura
•Shinya (Luna Sea)
•Norika Fujiwara
•Shigeru Izumiya
•Hitomi (Moran)
•Sizna (Moran)
•Soan (Moran)
•Ni~ya (Nightmare)
•DAIGO (BREAKERZ)
•Tomonori Jinnai
•Ayako Ishikawa
•Hiroki Yoshimoto (doa)
•Go Ueki (PaniCrew)
•Ai Haruna
•Shuse
•Hidehiko Yoshida
•Yujiro Kondo
•lovelife Black & FanFan
•Kentarō Sekimoto
•Makoto
•Hiromu Takahara (Roen)
•Mayo Kawasaki
•Midori Matsuo (Fuji TV announcer)
•Rie Hasegawa
•Kōsei Inoue & Aki Higashihara
•Ichiro Miyajima (Seiloo)
•Michiko Hada
•Eiko Koike
•Tatsuya Kataoka
•Yohey (PaniCrew)
•Hilomu (formerly of RSP)
•Kenichi Kaneda
•Yukie Nishimura
•Yasuko Mitsuura
•Juichi Wakisaka
•Hiroko Mima
•Yumi Miura
•Nami Otake
•Atsuhiro Miura
•Kayo Satō
•Kazuki Nakajima
•Wise
•Minami Ozaki
•Yui Okada & Yuka Okada
•Nami Tamaki
•MC USK
•Maki Ohguro
•Mizuho Hata
•Takuto Iguchi
•Daisuke Miyazaki
The Japanese gaming website Hangame is helping to organize and host the donation fund.

Source: Natalie via Tokyograph

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GLAY contributes $240,000 USD to disaster relief
by bazinga on March 14, 2011 at 7:33 pm

Source: tokyohive

On March 14th, J-rock band GLAY donated 20 million yen (~$240,000 USD) to aid with the disaster relief through the Asahi Shimbun Social Welfare Organization.

Members TAKURO, HISASHI, JIRO, and TERU expressed, “In midst of the continuing aftershocks, we hope we can be of even a little help to the people who are suffering in the disaster … We will continue praying that the damages don’t escalate further.”

GLAY has actively done charity work in the past, keeping in mind the following message: “Is there something we can do for society, other than singing?“. Last year, they donated 93 uniforms (valued at ~$12,000 USD) to students at a middle school in the bankrupt city of Yubari, with TAKURO and TERU handing them out personally. When Miyazaki prefecture had a problem with foot-and-mouth disease, they donated 1 million yen (~$12,000 USD) through a local news agency.

Source: Nikkan Sports

Last edited:

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: The J-Music Show!

GACKT organizes charity “SHOW YOUR HEART” for the earthquake
by bazinga on March 13

It’s been revealed that GACKT has organized an emergency charity, "SHOW YOUR HEART", to raise disaster relief funds for the 2011 Japanese earthquake.

As the representative for “SHOW YOUR HEART”, GACKT stated, “We decided to organize the charity as it was something that even we could start [in order to help]. We want everyone to lend us their strength. Although individuals may not be able to do much, if everyone works together, it becomes a lot of power. In this sort of time, we need to have the courage to lend a helping hand.”

On the “SHOW YOUR HEART” official webpage, many celebrities, including Shinya (from LUNA SEA), Fujiwara Norika, DAIGO (from BREAKERZ), and Haruna Ai, have left supportive messages.

Donations can be made through a direct deposit in Japan to the “SHOW YOUR HEART” bank account. The funds collected will be distributed to victims through the Japanese Red Cross and local community associations.

Source: natalie

X JAPAN’s YOSHIKI is donating his piano for earthquake relief
by bazinga on March 13, 2011

On March 13th, it was revealed that X JAPAN’s leader, YOSHIKI, will be auctioning off his beloved “crystal piano” to aid in the disaster relief effort for Japan.

YOSHIKI, who normally lives in Los Angeles, flew to Tokyo in order to oversee his fashion show, as well as to record songs. He felt the tremors of the earthquake in his recording studio on the 11th. After watching news reports, he was shocked by the large-scale damage across Japan, and decided that he “must do something.”

The “crystal piano” has YOSHIKI’s logo engraved on it and according to experts, “is a priceless item.” His “crystal piano” often accompanies the star during their concerts all over the world. The entire sum raised from the auction will be given to disaster relief organizations, although detailed information will follow at a later date. The musician has also expressed an intent to collect disaster relief donations through his foundation, YOSHIKI FOUNDATION AMERICA.

On Twitter, YOSHIKI reassured fans, saying, “Thank you, everyone, for worrying about me. Although there are some friends I haven’t been able to contact, I’ve been able to reach all my family members. In order to support everyone, I am planning to extend my stay in Japan. LOVE YOU…”

♪ Welcome to the J-Music Show!! ♪

Hello everyone!! Welcome to the J-Music Show. I am Destiny your VJ and I will do my best to make your time here on the show as enjoyable as possible.

(I don’t know who the author of the fanart is, but if you know his/her name please let me know. I’ll love to give him/her credit for the fanart above)

It has been a while since we had a music contest here on the J-Music Show, so what about having another one very soon? :)

To nominate the songs for the contest you can post a J-song in any of the threads of this board (starting from now), or you can send me a PM with a link to the song, or you can post a link to the song in this thread.

I’ll check the nominees on Sunday and will start the contest on Sunday as well.

Last edited:

Zeltrax

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Hello destiny!
So there is going to be a contest starting up right?
Can I know some details, like if theres any category or more than one winners or is there only one winner for the entire contest?
How many songs can one person nomination
and just to confirm, I can just post the song in this thread right?
Sorry, its my first time seeing this contest :darn

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States

Can I know some details, like if theres any category or more than one winners or is there only one winner for the entire contest?
As long as the song is a J-song, you can nominate any kind of genre. The amount of winners depends on you guys, specifically, on the votes. I’ll create a poll with all the nominees and then you will need to vote for your favorite song.

How many songs can one person nomination
and just to confirm, I can just post the song in this thread right?
One song per person, please. And yes, you are more than welcome to post the song you want to nominate in this thread. :)

Sorry, its my first time seeing this contest :darn
No need to apologize, thank you! Thank you for asking those questions, Zeltrax!
Since this isn’t the first time that we have a contest on the J-show, I just kind of assumed everyone knew the rules already. Sorry!

Last edited:

Zeltrax

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

the thing is..I never knew something like this happens in the forum :sweat

But now that I do, I'm ready to fight and nominate :3c
Anyway, since its my first time I hope to see more people entering, all shall bow to the greatness of jpop :worship!
Can I help spread the news :eyeroll? (I'm already doing it tho)

Since the deadline is sunday(that's early), I have to make my choice quick :darn but there's so many songs..
There should be more songs up there too!

Evec

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

DIR EN GREY to hold European tour later this year

J-rock band DIR EN GREY have announced that after their performance at the “WACKEN OPEN AIR 2011” festival, they will be holding a European tour called “TOUR2011 PARADOX OF RETALIATION“.

The tour is scheduled to kick off on August 7th in the Netherlands, with the band heading to nine different countries and a total of 11 performances. The full schedule is available below!

TOUR2011 PARADOX OF RETALIATION

August 7, 2011 (Sun) – Tivoli, Utrecht in the Netherlands
August 9, 2011 (Tue) – Divan du Monde in Paris, France
August 10, 2011 (Wed) – Divan du Monde in Paris, France
August 12, 2011 (Fri) – Koko in London, England
August 13, 2011 (Sat) – Zeche Bochum in Bochum, Germany
August 16, 2011 (Tue) – Velvet in Rimini, Italy
August 18, 2011 (Thursday) – Club 202 in Budapest, Hungary
August 20, 2011 (Saturday) – Klub Studio in Krakow, Poland
August 21, 2011 (Sunday) – Columbia Club in Berlin, Germany
August 23, 2011 (Tuesday) – Nosturi in Helsinki, Finland
August 25, 2011 (Thursday) – Milk Club in Moscow, Russia

source: tokyofever

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States

Can I help spread the news :eyeroll? (I'm already doing it tho)
Sure you can, in fact, thank you very much for doing so. :)

Since the deadline is sunday(that's early), I have to make my choice quick :darn but there's so many songs..
There should be more songs up there too!
I’m going to extend the deadline to this coming Friday, so that in that way there is more time to nominate more songs. ^_^

These are the nominees we have so far:

1) Naruto Shippuuden Opening 9
Song : Lovers
Artist: 7
nominated by naruto-niichan.

2) Gintama Ending 8
Song: Speed of flow
Artist: THE RODEO CARBURETTOR
nominated by alphabeta

Last edited:

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

Woah, i never knew, i could nominate something without even PM'ing anybody :p. Not like i'm against it, it's just that, at this very moment, Speed of flow, is my favourite. But since we all know, how fast one's opinion in these kind of things can change, i might've choosen another song. Anyway, if it's possible to nominate more than one song, please add this one

ノンフィクション - SPYAIR

(nope, this song ain't available on youtube.)

Well, if you can, please add this one, if not, then just leave speed of flow as my nominee... wait, if not, does this mean, that i just... spammed :fail

P.S. Yeah, also, as not to write the songs name in kanji... my wmp12 is showing this song as "non-fiction", so maybe it's better to change the name (assuming it gets nominated)

P.P.S. I just noticed, that the link in "speed of flow" is still linking to an old / very bad quality song-upload. I even changed the link in my OP, so i don't know how this happened, but please change the link in your post to this ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRbHIa6lHUE&feature=related (same song, just better quality)

Last edited:

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States

You can change your nomination until Friday (around morning/ early afternoon time EST). You can only nominate one song, so you still have time to decide between:

ノンフィクション - SPYAIR

and

Speed of Flow

Or you can nominate a totally different song. :)

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

I give up. For the last 2 days i've been trying to choose between

SPYAIR :shifty THE RODEOCARBURETTOR

And i choose ------> THE RODEOCARBURETTOR... (believe me, you don't wanna know the reason why :p)

So my nominee: Speed of flow :music

Last edited:

yukilove21

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

*Loves Sally*

I LOVE Visual Kei!

Some of my favorites are:
SID (The best :D) (I will admit that the Kuroshitsuji anime made me love them. But they are the best~:D)
Alice Nine
An Cafe
Nightmare
Dir En Grey
The Gazette

The last one and the first one are my favorites~@!

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States

It seems we only have 3 nominees for this J-show :):

1) Naruto Shippuuden Opening 9
Song : Lovers
posted by naruto-niichan.

2) Gintama Ending 8
Song: Speed of flow
nominated by alphabeta

3) One Piece Opening 14
Song: “Fight together”
Artist: Amuro Namie
nominated by Zeltrax.

I’ll create the poll and begin the contest in a few minutes. ^_^

♪ Welcome to the J-Music Show!! ♪

Hello everyone!! Welcome to the J-Music Show. I am Destiny your VJ and I will do my best to make your time here on the show as enjoyable as possible.

(I don’t know who the author of the fanart is, but if you know his/her name please let me know. I’ll love to give him/her credit for the fanart above)

This time all the nominees for the music contest are anisons (anime songs) and they all come from very popular series. So without further ado, I would like to introduce you to the nominees for the music contest :

The first nominee is:
Naruto Shippuuden Opening 9
Song: “Lovers”
posted by naruto-niichan.

The second nominee is:
2) Gintama Ending 8
Song: “Speed of flow”
nominated by alphabeta

And last but not least, the third nominee is:

3) One Piece Opening 14
Song: “Fight together”
Artist: Amuro Namie
nominated by Zeltrax.

Here’s the poll. :) You can start voting now; the poll will be opened until next Friday. May the best song win! :confetti

Just stopping by to thank the members who have already voted and to remind the others to vote for their favorite song. :)

Last edited:

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Last edited:

Asarii

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: J-Hip Hop

I'm surprised, and sad, that noone has mentioned Nobodyknows+ which was the first Japanese Hip-Hop band I heard and Hero's Come Back the first Japanese song I learned by heart (along with Nagareboshi Shooting Star by Home Made Kazuko. Other songs by them I like are "Whats going on" and "Winds of Wind".
This is a late reply, but I also like nobodyknows+. I got introduced to them by the first Naruto Shippuden OP. Hero's Come Back is iconic for obvious reasons, and I also like Kokoro odoru. It's an upbeat song that reminds me of a fiesta of some sort. :p Overall I love the rhythm and flow of the band.

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

shouldn't this round end already? Even though that means admitting my loss :scry, i still think 40 views and 5 votes in three weeks show that this round's winner is a tie between One Piece OP 14 and Naruto OP 9