Round of 16 - Jellal Fernandes vs Jura Neekis vs Mirajane Strauss | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 Jellal Fernandes vs Jura Neekis vs Mirajane Strauss

Which Fighter Advances?

• Jellal Fernandes

Votes: 50 80.6%
  • Jura Neekis

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Mirajane Strauss

Votes: 11 17.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemispelled

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nothing implies that. Portayal puts Jellal above Mira, Jellal himself has displayed better stats (Jura couldn't tag Jellal and he blitzes Cobra. In terms of DC Sema is above Mira has shown and his powered by GC is wayy above anything Mira will probably have in attack potency)

Marco couldn't eve knock out a whole bunch of fodder....Marco is soo overrated.

What do you mean nothing implies that? By portrayal, Mira still wins.

She was known to destroy cities when she was a kid. Now that she is all grown, she would do more destruction that Jellal could ever achieve.

Jellal was fighting a Pre-Timeskip Cobra, nothing spectacular. You are assuming too much.

Show me proof that Macro couldn't knock out a whole bunch of fodder. It actually did and Macro is not banned in this tournament.

So until you can show me proof of Macro being overrated, then Macro is allowed and that is how Mira is going to beat Jellal.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India

She was known to destroy cities when she was a kid. Now that she is all grown, she would do more destruction that Jellal could ever achieve.

Jellal was fighting a Pre-Timeskip Cobra, nothing spectacular. You are assuming too much.

Show me proof that Macro couldn't knock out a whole bunch of fodder. It actually did and Macro is not banned in this tournament.

So until you can show me proof of Macro being overrated, then Macro is allowed and that is how Mira is going to beat Jellal.
We still have no proof that it will work on Spriggan level mages like Jellal.What Jellal can do is cast GC from a safe distance to take down Jura and Mirajane at the same time.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich

First off, Mira NEVER DESTROYED CITIES. Secondly, portrayal puts Jellal on Laxus' level, someone who's always above Mira. Thirdly, Jellal beating Cobra pre skip or not is better than ANYTHING SPEED WISE MIRA HAS DONE.

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/456/11

Lissana flat out says Marco couldn't knock out all of the fodders. Marco is overrated ass which couldn't even knock out a bunch of fodder.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
We still have no proof that it will work on Spriggan level mages like Jellal.What Jellal can do is cast GC from a safe distance to take down Jura and Mirajane at the same time.

That means nothing. We go by the feats and Macro has shown to work as it was told to.

There was never a page in the manga that said that Macro doesn't work on strong or powerful people.

P.S.: Jura gets killed off in the beginning.

As per the current conditions of the tournament, I think I'm justified for using Macro in this case.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
First off, Mira NEVER DESTROYED CITIES. Secondly, portrayal puts Jellal on Laxus' level, someone who's always above Mira. Thirdly, Jellal beating Cobra pre skip or not is better than ANYTHING SPEED WISE MIRA HAS DONE.

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/456/11

Lissana flat out says Marco couldn't knock out all of the fodders. Marco is overrated ass which couldn't even knock out a bunch of fodder.

Dude, stop using portrayal. Jellal was never put on Laxus' level and Cobra pre-timeskip was a noob and fodder.

Lol, the panel you posted just goes to prove my point further. Macro showed that it did work.

And who ever said Mira planned to wipe out the entire army?

Lisanna doesn't know how many soldiers Mira was planning to take out with her Macro. So your proof is invalid.

Mira took out everybody in her eyesight.

So if I use that feat, then Mira should be able to defeat Jellal if he is within her view, which he is.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
That means nothing. We go by the feats and Macro has shown to work as it was told to.

There was never a page in the manga that said that Macro doesn't work on strong or powerful people.

P.S.: Jura gets killed off in the beginning.

As per the current conditions of the tournament, I think I'm justified for using Macro in this case.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Dude, stop using portrayal. Jellal was never put on Laxus' level and Cobra pre-timeskip was a noob and fodder.

Lol, the panel you posted just goes to prove my point further. Macro showed that it did work.

And who ever said Mira planned to wipe out the entire army?

Lisanna doesn't know how many soldiers Mira was planning to take out. So your proof is invalid.

Mira took out everybody in her eyesight.

So if I use that feat, then Mira should be able to defeat Jellal if he is within her view.
It can be interpreted in another way.Mira said they will then need old fashioned method to take down remaining soldiers.So may be she planned to knock all of them out but it failed.May be she lacks in AOE.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
It can be interpreted in another way.Mira said they will then need old fashioned method to take down remaining soldiers.So may be she planned to knock all of them out but it failed.May be she lacks in AOE.

You can't keep assuming things, otherwise I can assume things for Jellal.

Mira said she was gonna do it the old fashioned way, so we take her words for it.

No, it is clear and proven that Macro works within Mira's eyesight. And since Jellal is in Mira's view when he fights her, Macro is justified.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
You can't keep assuming things, otherwise I can assume things for Jellal.

Mira said she was gonna do it the old fashioned way, so we take her words for it.

No, it is clear and proven that Macro works within Mira's eyesight. And since Jellal is in Mira's view when he fights her, Macro is justified.
But what if he uses Meteor to get out of her sight.You know Meteor has huge speed.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
But what if he uses Meteor to get out of her sight.You know Meteor has huge speed.

Meteor makes you faster, not disappear. A FT S-Class Mage like Mira would still see Jellal. I see your point man, and I somewhat agree with it.

But Meteor isn't taking FT's S-Class Mira out in one shot. That would be absurd.

The moment Meteor is finished casting and Jellal comes floating down, Mira will use Macro. Then, it's over.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Meteor makes you faster, not disappear. A FT S-Class Mage like Mira would still see Jellal. I see your point man, and I somewhat agree with it.

But Meteor isn't taking FT's S-Class Mira out in one shot. That would be absurd.

The moment Meteor is finished casting and Jellal comes floating down, Mira will use Macro. Then, it's over.
Think about another hypothetical situation.Jellal hides from anyone's view from the beginning and casts his GC or Sema.His spells have lot of AOE and it can cover a whole city and should not be difficult to hit both of them at the same time.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Think about another hypothetical situation.Jellal hides from anyone's view from the beginning and casts his GC or Sema.His spells have lot of AOE and it can cover a whole city and should not be difficult to hit both of them at the same time.

I don't see how Jellal could hide from anyone's view, but if he could hide, so can Mira.

Then Jellal doesn't know where to cast GC or Sema. Or even better, Mira sprouts wings and flies high into the sky.

Then Sema and GC completely miss.

EDIT:

And now Jellal is huffing and puffing and completely out of magic energy while Mira has not used 10% of her full power.

That's a oneshot if you ask me. But of course Jellal isn't that stupid to start out with that.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
To be honest, I'm not particularly a fan of three-way battles because a lot of speculation is involved. Individual and group battles are fine; however, three-way battles are just right in the middle where there can be advantages/disadvantages for either side (by teaming up or targeting others). In my opinion, there should have been another round with Mirajane and Jura dueling it out (takes more time though).

For Jellal Fernandes vs Jura Neekis vs Mirajane Strauss, the match will be too close...
  • Jellal > Mirajane > Jura [Extreme Difficulty]
There is no way Jellal survives this with anything less than Extreme Difficulty (nobody is stomping here). Jellal is very strong and has the capability to win the match because of his stats but Jura + Mirajane are quite powerful opponents. Jura is around Erza's level and Mirajane is also around that level. Not to mention, Mirajane can probably use Macro: Limiter Release on herself and become even stronger. Essentially, Jellal is fighting 2 Erza's (not at the same time or that would be teaming up). This will really have an impact in Jellal's victory.
  • Attack: Jellal ≥ Mirajane > Jura
  • Defense: Jura > Jellal = Mirajane
  • Speed: Jellal > Mirajane > Jura
  • Versatility: Jellal ≥ Mirajane > Jura
  • Intelligence: Jellal = Mirajane = Jura
  • MP: Jellal > Mirajane = Jura
Overall, Jellal wins this because he dominates in Speed and MP. Additionally, he also has a chance to outclass Mirajane + Jura in Attack and Versatility.

Jellal won't win easily though because Mirajane is the most well-rounded in all of the stats.

Meanwhile, Jura only overpowers Jellal + Mirajane in Defense. But that still makes him a worthy opponent.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Oh please.

Mirajane has Macro which should be able to control literally everyone. To be fair, Mirajane can low diff this fight with Seilah Soul based on the feats Macro has.

Up to now we've only seen that Macro couldn't control a whole legion at once. It's NEVER stated that she can't use it against 'powerful mages'. Saying this is nothing more than predictions which is an unfair statement to use against Mira.

As far as we've seen, Seilah's Macro could control every mage it was used against. So yes, it can be used against Jellal. If someone doesn't think so, then please show me when it's stated it can't.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Can Jellal use Mystogan's magic?

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
I kinda dislike the idea of Mirajane being able to use Macro on this tournament.

As stated above, Seilah was ablle to easily control Erza, Minerva and the chairman, at the same time. The only mage able to resist it was Mira.
By that logic we could just say that the only one being able to resist Mira's Macro is Mira herself... Let's crown Mira right now then.

Nah,, i don't think that's happening. I'm giving this one to Jellal since in my eyes, if Jellal can't resist Macro, then nobody can in the tournament and this would be pointless.

Cosmicstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Fodder ignored Mirajane's Macro. Mirajane and Sayla are two different characters so we only can use Mirajane feats and not Sayla's as Mirajane isn't an exact replica of Sayla.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
1.) Fodder didn't ignore Mirajane's Macro

Mira chose not to use it on the entire army because she felt it would be a waste of energy and could defeat them the old fashioned way (physically fighting).

2.) Whether we like it or not, unless the rules are going to be changed, then Mira can use Macro

3.) Even if Macro is restricted, Jellal's Sema, GC, and Meteor can't hit Mira because she can use her wings to fly up high into the sky and dodge all of them

As always, I will state myself again, Mira takes the win extreme-max diff against Jura and Jellal. Nobody is gonna fodderize anybody, but you all have to admit, Mira takes this one.

Can Jellal use Mystogan's magic?

No, since they are different people, that would be unfair. Even though Jellal did temporarily use Mystogan's magic in canon, this tournament is solely on Jellal and not Mystogan.

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Fodder ignored Mirajane's Macro. Mirajane and Sayla are two different characters so we only can use Mirajane feats and not Sayla's as Mirajane isn't an exact replica of Sayla.
As a matter of fact and assuming a takeover implies, well, to take over the identity of the taken over, well, then, Shaila is part of Mirajane now and she can manifest in all her might.

Mira's magic consists on absorbing more powerful entities than herself in order to become more powerful. For example, she absorbed a demon that became her satan soul, then she absorbed another demon that became her sitri, then she absorbed another demon who became her satan soul: shaila, and each one stronger than the previous one and seemingly conserving all her abilities.

Let's just assume that macro works against magues of similar or superior caliber than herself, but with certain limitations (for example, time, or something like that...)

After all, Shaila used it on Erza and Minerva, both "supposedly" less powrful than herself (limiter off Shaila = etherious Kyoka, and etherious Kyoka > Tartaros Erza, she just won because of Erza).

Stormsfury

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Nothing implies that. Portayal puts Jellal above Mira, Jellal himself has displayed better stats (Jura couldn't tag Jellal and he blitzes Cobra. In terms of DC Sema is above Mira has shown and his powered by GC is wayy above anything Mira will probably have in attack potency)

Marco couldn't eve knock out a whole bunch of fodder....Marco is soo overrated.
Pretty sure a Jellal Sema one-shots.

Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I think Jellal gets the win here.

Would have been great to see the rest of the fight from the GMG play out between himself & Jura.

Cosmicstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
As a matter of fact and assuming a takeover implies, well, to take over the identity of the taken over, well, then, Shaila is part of Mirajane now and she can manifest in all her might.

Mira's magic consists on absorbing more powerful entities than herself in order to become more powerful. For example, she absorbed a demon that became her satan soul, then she absorbed another demon that became her sitri, then she absorbed another demon who became her satan soul: shaila, and each one stronger than the previous one and seemingly conserving all her abilities.

Let's just assume that macro works against magues of similar or superior caliber than herself, but with certain limitations (for example, time, or something like that...)

After all, Shaila used it on Erza and Minerva, both "supposedly" less powrful than herself (limiter off Shaila = etherious Kyoka, and etherious Kyoka > Tartaros Erza, she just won because of Erza).
Sayla uses curse power while Mirajane used Magic. Sayla and Mirajane are two different entities at two different levels. Just because Mirajane took over her doesn't make Mirajane as powerful as her. She isn't copying Sayla. Also since we haven't seen such an attack work on Jellal we shouldn't assume it would when as we seen it couldn't take out some of Whal soldiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.