Round of 16 - Jellal Fernandes vs Jura Neekis vs Mirajane Strauss | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 Jellal Fernandes vs Jura Neekis vs Mirajane Strauss

Which Fighter Advances?

• Jellal Fernandes

Votes: 50 80.6%
  • Jura Neekis

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Mirajane Strauss

Votes: 11 17.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jko

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nothing implies that. Portayal puts Jellal above Mira, Jellal himself has displayed better stats (Jura couldn't tag Jellal and he blitzes Cobra. In terms of DC Sema is above Mira has shown and his powered by GC is wayy above anything Mira will probably have in attack potency)

Marco couldn't eve knock out a whole bunch of fodder....Marco is soo overrated.
Wahl is the one that cancelled out Macro, not the fodder.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
We still have no proof that it will work on Spriggan level mages like Jellal.What Jellal can do is cast GC from a safe distance to take down Jura and Mirajane at the same time.
Jellal isn't S12 lvl...
--- Double Post Merged, ---
^^^^^^^^
Fodder ignored Mirajane's Macro. Mirajane and Sayla are two different characters so we only can use Mirajane feats and not Sayla's as Mirajane isn't an exact replica of Sayla.
Mira is the superior version of Seilah...
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Pretty sure a Jellal Sema one-shots.
Couldn't even KO pre-ts OS with it alone....

Rain Cloud

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I love Jellal & Mira (hate this fight), and Jura's not bad.

But Jellal is easily on the Jellal-Laxus-Gildarts-Spriggan 12 level (excluding having the hax magic part like transport or age seal). Not even a question.
Also, Mirajane's macro took out everyone she intended to wipe out (her line of sight). From an author's standpoint, at that point, Hiro probably just wanted us to be aware that she could use macro.

So, let's assume Mirajane faces a Spriggan 12 member (like Larcade). Is she going to macro him and instantly win? highly doubt it. Even though Dimaria has age seal, Irene is the strongest spriggan. The gap between Mirajane and Jellal is probably much larger. Mira stated that she didn't know if Erza and herself together could defeat Jura, meaning that she already had to overcome the powergap between herself and Jura. So, even if she did that, she still has that gap between herself and Jellal.

The same way she could "fly and avoid" all of his attacks, we can argue that Jura can "create a super rock wall" or Jellal can "meteor away from everything" so I don't think there's any point in speculating about the fight. Looking at strength, it's likely that Jellal would win followed by either Mira or Jura (depending on who gets knocked out first since it isn't 1 v 1)

Marche

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Jellal.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
That means nothing. We go by the feats and Macro has shown to work as it was told to.

There was never a page in the manga that said that Macro doesn't work on strong or powerful people.

P.S.: Jura gets killed off in the beginning.

As per the current conditions of the tournament, I think I'm justified for using Macro in this case.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Dude, stop using portrayal. Jellal was never put on Laxus' level and Cobra pre-timeskip was a noob and fodder.

Lol, the panel you posted just goes to prove my point further. Macro showed that it did work.

And who ever said Mira planned to wipe out the entire army?

Lisanna doesn't know how many soldiers Mira was planning to take out with her Macro. So your proof is invalid.

Mira took out everybody in her eyesight.

So if I use that feat, then Mira should be able to defeat Jellal if he is within her view, which he is.
Jellal has always been around Laxus' level arguably above in the GMG arc, while blitzing Cobra per skip is above anything Mira has done.

Did I prove your point? Lisanna points out that Macro didn't take everyone out and we immediately see fodder in the area right nxt to them meaning that all the fodder she try to knock out didn't get knocked out. My proof is valid.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Saying that Macro won't work in this fight because Mirajane couldn't use it against a whole legion is just an awful excuse. Maybe she couldn't use it against dozens of opponents, but so what? She faces two opponents here, not a whole legion.

Yes, she can use Macro against Jellal and Jura because an almost defeated Seilah controlled Erza, Minerva and the dead Chairman at the same time. Not to mention that Seilah could control Elfman from a long distance. Yeah, Macro is pretty unlimited.

Yes, once Mirajane uses Seilah Soul she receives the true power of Seilah since that's what her Take-Over is. This is just logic.

It's not my problem that Macro isn't restricted. Saying that Jellal would win against Mirajane is just like saying he would win against unrestricted Dimaria. Well, he won't.

GokuSSJG

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
nah Jellal takes this.he is on the level of Laxus.this would be a hard fight though but I think he would win with High-Extreme diff.

Last edited:

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Saying that Macro won't work in this fight because Mirajane couldn't use it against a whole legion is just an awful excuse. Maybe she couldn't use it against dozens of opponents, but so what? She faces two opponents here, not a whole legion.

Yes, she can use Macro against Jellal and Jura because an almost defeated Seilah controlled Erza, Minerva and the dead Chairman at the same time. Not to mention that Seilah could control Elfman from a long distance. Yeah, Macro is pretty unlimited.

Yes, once Mirajane uses Seilah Soul she receives the true power of Seilah since that's what her Take-Over is. This is just logic.

It's not my problem that Macro isn't restricted. Saying that Jellal would win against Mirajane is just like saying he would win against unrestricted Dimaria. Well, he won't.
And saying Macro works against anyone is NLF.

You realise Seilah controlled a beat up Erza, Minerva and the chairman is dead he can't put up any resistance. Macro isn't unlimited, it gets scaled to the strongest it's been used on.

Don't compare time stop to Macro, time stop isn't a NLF but Macro is.

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Sayla uses curse power while Mirajane used Magic. Sayla and Mirajane are two different entities at two different levels. Just because Mirajane took over her doesn't make Mirajane as powerful as her. She isn't copying Sayla. Also since we haven't seen such an attack work on Jellal we shouldn't assume it would when as we seen it couldn't take out some of Whal soldiers.
It's not that Mira isn't copying Shaila, Mira has assimilated her abilities so yes, it makes Mira as powerful as her. But that's just an assumption.

BTW, Mira is not the only magician who uses magic and curse. Gray is another user of magic and curse.

Jellal isn't S12 lvl...
??

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
The way people talk Macro you'd think Mira would go up to Irene and order her to kill herself.
We don't know Macro's restrictions but yes, I agree that this would just be plot. I'm willing to think it only works on people with similar or less MP than yours.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
We don't know Macro's restrictions but yes, I agree that this would just be plot. I'm willing to think it only works on people with similar or less MP than yours.
It should be obvious that Macro doesn't just work on anybody this shouldn't have to be explained, common sense is a thing you know? To bad Jellal's MP should be above Mira's by a decent margin.

Jko

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's not that Mira isn't copying Shaila, Mira has assimilated her abilities so yes, it makes Mira as powerful as her. But that's just an assumption.

BTW, Mira is not the only magician who uses magic and curse. Gray is another user of magic and curse.

??
Nothing warrants an S12 tier Jellal considering he had the perfect counter to the 12 he faced which was only having fodder has his historia. Basically everyone else fought against Neinhart but Jellal lol.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Current Mira should be a lot more powerful then Seilah. It's like saying current Gray isn't stronger than Silver.

Nothing warrants an S12 tier Jellal considering he had the perfect counter to the 12 he faced which was only having fidder has his historia. Basically evryone else fought against Neinhart but Jellal.
What Historia in a fight against Jellal would be able to put him down? Jellal is obviously S12 tier

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Nothing warrants an S12 tier Jellal considering he had the perfect counter to the 12 he faced which was only having fodder has his historia. Basically everyone else fought against Neinhart but Jellal lol.
The fact he was capable of oneshotting Neinhart proves he wouldn't have had much trouble if he had had to face the historias. Still, Neinhart is the weakest S12, we should see Jellal facing Ajeel or GS to say whether he's S12 level but so far, it's a fact.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Quite funny to say that Jellal is Spriggan tier just because he oneshotted someone with zero durability while he needed Kagura's help to take out a fodder which he was scared of.

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Quite funny to say that Jellal is Spriggan tier just because he oneshotted someone with zero durability while he needed Kagura's help to take out a fodder which he was scared of.
Just what? lol xD

Jellal needed Kagura's help to take out a "fodder" (Simon) because it was Kagura's brother and he didn't want to kill him yet again, and in front of her sister who, btw, hates (hated?) him to the point where she had to carefully think whether to do CPR on him or kill him.

And by the way, even if we hate to think Neinhart is a spriggan because he has shitty durability, he IS a Spriggan so yeah, Jellal is spriggan tier even if we don't like it. For me one thing is very clear, that among the Spriggan 12 there are very strong, strong, average, weak and very weak ones. They're definetely not on the same level just Irene and August being superior.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I think Jellal was hesitating out of guilt, because Kagura was there. He was the one who knew the Historia's weren't real when they first saw Simon, so him hesitating at that particular moment is likely due to using GC on Kagura's brother (killing him again in front of her). Part of Neinhart's magic is to prey on others emotions, he even gloats that he's 'seen all your Historia's'. He probably didn't expect Kagura to have a change of heart mid-battle (after Jellal saved her).

That's what I think happened anyway.

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I think Jellal was hesitating out of guilt, because Kagura was there. He was the one who knew the Historia's weren't real when they first saw Simon, so him hesitating at that particular moment is likely due to using GC on Kagura's brother (killing him again in front of her). Part of Neinhart's magic is to prey on others emotions, he even gloats that he's 'seen all your Historia's'. He probably didn't expect Kagura to have a change of heart mid-battle (after Jellal saved her).

That's what I think happened anyway.
But of course :S You're very right, I think. Jellal managed to defeat the complete O6 back in Tartaros. How could anyone think of him not being capable of defeating Simon?

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
But of course :S You're very right, I think. Jellal managed to defeat the complete O6 back in Tartaros. How could anyone think of him not being capable of defeating Simon?
Yes he's never going to struggle to defeat him.

Neinhart's magic is part psychological warfare. We saw what happened with Ur. Lyon was basically mesmerised for half the fight, while Gray was trying to tell him that it isn't Ur, and they can defeat her.

Status
Not open for further replies.