Final - Jellal Fernandes vs Natsu Dragneel | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Final Jellal Fernandes vs Natsu Dragneel

Which Fighter Wins?

• Jellal Fernandes

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • Natsu Dragneel

Votes: 47 54.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Voting Rules:
  • This Battle is a 1 vs 1.
  • During the Finals, voting and discussion will end at the same time
  • You may vote for one character in this fight.
  • This battle is the final round. The victor is the winner of the tournament.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.
Jellal FernandesNatsu Dragneel
Discussion & Voting will end on: July 4th, 2016

Last edited:

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'd say Natsu takes this one high difficulty. This would be a pretty close fight, but in the end I think Natsu would take it out. He outspeeds Jellal with Dragon Force. Jellal is restricted to using ranged spells like Grand Chariot and Sema for the most part as any close-range combat would get him in range to be drastically effected by the FDKM heat. And seeing those attacks also take time to charge up/prepare for the most part, Natsu could hit Jellal with some attacks in the mean-time. So given that, I'd say Natsu wins this fight, the grand final of out FT tournament, high-difficulty.

Solitrine

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Personally I think Jellal takes this high-extreme diff. If Natsu used DF from the very start of the fight it would be a different story but by the time he uses it in this fight (he normally doesn't use his big moves until further in the fight) he's going to be beat up enough that I think Jellal has the capability to outlast a damaged DF. DF Natsu is too hard to gauge for me as we have no idea how strong it currently is but I'm guessing it would mirror roughly what happened at ToH (Jellal is overwhelmed but can escape/outlast it but he will get hit from the initial few bursts of attacks). It's also all over for Natsu if Jellal can slap a Bind Snake onto DF Natsu in combat (if it can restrict his movement. If Natsu is too strong to be completely restricted then it will still be a problem for Natsu providing it can slow him down).

I'm giving the edge to Jellal based on his experience and spell diversity and his ability to overwhelm Natsu outside of DF (reasonable combat speed advantage).

Shoutmon

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
I'd say Natsu takes this one high difficulty. This would be a pretty close fight, but in the end I think Natsu would take it out. He outspeeds Jellal with Dragon Force. Jellal is restricted to using ranged spells like Grand Chariot and Sema for the most part as any close-range combat would get him in range to be drastically effected by the FDKM heat. And seeing those attacks also take time to charge up/prepare for the most part, Natsu could hit Jellal with some attacks in the mean-time. So given that, I'd say Natsu wins this fight, the grand final of out FT tournament, high-difficulty.
This right here ^^
Jellal is indeed a powerful opponent, but his OP spells have a long casting time while Natsu's don't + Natsu in DF could outspeed Jellal in the past and while current Jellal is much faster, so is Natsu, so with that in mind I vote Natsu high diff

MCG_Raven

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
To add to that Natsu is also more than capable of tanking whatever Jellal throws at him as he was so far able to take a hit from literally every opponent so far and has yet to really be taken out of any fight by that so his durability is confirmed to be pretty strong. On the other hand Jellal? His real Fights basically end without him getting hit enough to really go down so we have no proper idea if he was able to even take FDKM Natsu's or current DF Natsu's Attacks. Assumption is no he couldn't.

Rain Cloud

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hold up. Hasn't Natsu been unable to use Dragon Force for this entire tournament? There's no reason to bring Dragon Force if Natsu can't use it. FDKM has not been shown to have the same speed feats as DF.

This right here ^^
Jellal is indeed a powerful opponent, but his OP spells have a long casting time while Natsu's don't + Natsu in DF could outspeed Jellal in the past and while current Jellal is much faster, so is Natsu, so with that in mind I vote Natsu high diff
Natsu can't use Dragon Force in this tournament since it hasn't been shown post time skip in the manga. So if it's a high dif. win for him in DF, then he's not going to win in a lower form.

Solitrine

Reaction score
Country
Australia
To add to that Natsu is also more than capable of tanking whatever Jellal throws at him as he was so far able to take a hit from literally every opponent so far and has yet to really be taken out of any fight by that so his durability is confirmed to be pretty strong. On the other hand Jellal? His real Fights basically end without him getting hit enough to really go down so we have no proper idea if he was able to even take FDKM Natsu's or current DF Natsu's Attacks. Assumption is no he couldn't.
Eh I wouldn't say he would tank any of Jellal's spells. Just look at what GC did to Neinhart and the scope of that spell as a whole. I can't fathom Natsu walking away from that without injury. Also, does Natsu have any notable durability feats from this arc so far (genuine question)?

Hold up. Hasn't Natsu been unable to use Dragon Force for this entire tournament? There's no reason to bring Dragon Force if Natsu can't use it. FDKM has not been shown to have the same speed feats as DF.

Natsu can't use Dragon Force in this tournament since it hasn't been shown post time skip in the manga. So if it's a high dif. win for him in DF, then he's not going to win in a lower form.
Apparently Natsu can use DF since he has shown it before. There is a rule about emotions and morals not stopping a character from using an ability but Natsu's DF is kind of different in that it's not emotions or morals that he holds it back (like Elfman used to with his Beast Soul) but instead he needs an emotional trigger equivalent to Gray's death or a huge MP source in order to enter DF.
It would be good for some clarification I guess since that rule can be interpreted different ways.

Last edited:

Shoutmon

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica

DF Natsu is allowed in this tournament, we just have to speculate how powerful it would be.

Last edited:

MCG_Raven

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Eh I wouldn't say he would tank any of Jellal's spells. Just look at what GC did to Neinhart and the scope of that spell as a whole. I can't fathom Natsu walking away from that without injury. Also, does Natsu have any notable durability feats from this arc so far (genuine question)?
In this arc no Natsu has not shown any new durability feats. But Bringing up Neinhart is a moot point. This guy had literally no durability feats at all so for all we know punching him might have knocked him out and Jellal just went overboard. You can be certain though that Natsu would survive it.

Jellal.S.N

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I do think of Natsu as a darn powerful opponent but Jellal takes this.
@Shoutmon
Hey, great post. Yes DF Natsu was a lot faster but even then, erza's "after slash" helped him rite? Plus, Jellal's intellect is also higher(in general)
@MCG_Raven
Nice post. I also believe Natsu will tank GC but not unscathed and that's all that matters.

Solitrine

Reaction score
Country
Australia
In this arc no Natsu has not shown any new durability feats. But Bringing up Neinhart is a moot point. This guy had literally no durability feats at all so for all we know punching him might have knocked him out and Jellal just went overboard. You can be certain though that Natsu would survive it.
You could bring up that point for almost any Spriggan, no one said that Neinhart has the best durability but just because they never tanked any spells doesn't mean they are made of paper. It seems unreasonable to assume that Romeo can walk up and punch Wahl, August, Irene, Neinhart and Bradman into submission just because they haven't showcased any durability feats. You should assume that Spriggan have durability somewhat comparable to their other stats until shown otherwise.

Shoutmon

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
I do think of Natsu as a darn powerful opponent but Jellal takes this.
@Shoutmon
Hey, great post. Yes DF Natsu was a lot faster but even then, erza's "after slash" helped him rite? Plus, Jellal's intellect is also higher(in general)
@MCG_Raven
Nice post. I also believe Natsu will tank GC but not unscathed and that's all that matters.
"After slash"?Sorry, but I can't remember it. What I was referring to was this:

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/98/10

THE ALMIGHTY CRYBABY

Reaction score
Country
Austria
I am quite surprised that Jellal passed through Laxus but I am absolutely ok with it:p
Base Natsu vs Jellal is clear: low diff win for Jellal!

FDKM Natsu vs Jellal: Imo, this one is rly hard to tell because we don't know exactly how strong Natsu in FDKM is. Is he trully on spriggan tier with that mode ( in former arcs the absorbed LFDM didn't increase Natsu's power one or more tiers up) !? After all he only finished off a spriggan whose magic was completely nullified during their battle. Although close combat is no option against Natsu because his mere aura can vaporize a lake I personally think that Jellal is still stronger ( besides he prefers distance in battles anyway ;) ) , so mid or at best high diff win for Jellal!

DF Natsu vs Jellal : The power of DF Natsu is so far only speculation and I can understand the people here who aren't happy with this. I also want to keep hype and speculation as low as possible but imho, we can compare DF Natsu with DF Gajeel to rank Natsu's not shown power in the current arc ( DF Natsu > DF Gajeel, the difference in their power is only a little bit)! ToH DF Natsu was even with ToH Jellal but ToH Jellal could have won the encounter if he managed to cast Abyss break ( a severe injury caused him to cancel the spell and being wide open for coming attacks). DF Natsu should be more durable and physically stronger than Jellal. In speed I give Jellal the edge but Natsu can keep up with him for sure. MP of the both should be about on the same level ( hard to tell).
DF Natsu could take this win but Jellal as well so I'll wait for more arguments until I decide for my final verdict:cheez!!!

Rain Cloud

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Jellal.

Speculating Dragon Force Natsu doesn't give much. And no one here is going to have the same speculation over it. It likely won't be until Natsu's dragonification or etherious form (if he has one) that he's clearly a cut above everyone else in this tournament.

*(?) = speculation
Jellal vs. Natsu
Meteor vs. FDKM/DF Speed
Altairis vs. Fire Dragon's Brilliant Flame(?)
Sema vs. NOTHING
Grand Chariot vs. Flame Dragon King's Demolition Fist
Abyss Break(?) vs. Flame Dragon King's Roar

In terms of used moves, they both have a good number to counter each other. Natsu's finisher is more FDKM demolition fist, as opposed to something cast from not his body (like sema).

Attack: Jellal = Current Natsu

They are both shown to have strong attack force, with each move.

*Defense: Jellal *Negligible* Natsu

*Defense =/= Endurance. Defense is when a character BLOCKS attacks coming in (like Jura, and his rock walls).

Neither Natsu and Jellal have shown spells that serve a purpose to defend.

Stamina/Endurance: Natsu > or = Jellal

Natsu clearly has some of the best endurance of all characters in the series. Jellal's endurance against the OS was also impressive. But, this one goes to Natsu

Speed: Jellal = (DF) or > (FDKM) Natsu

In Dragon Force, Natsu can match Jellal's meteor for sure. FDKM against Zeref showed very good speed with the potential of matching Jellal's meteor. However, we've only seen it once, at a straight distance towards Zeref and imbued with Igneel's flames, so it is not much to go off of. Jellal has always been shown to have mach speed. I'd still lean toward Jellal based off of feats, and also because there is only speculation for how much faster DF can be than FDKM.

Intelligence: Jellal > Natsu

This is self-explanatory. Jellal shows strong strategy and intelligence in his fights. Natsu also has good tactics - when it comes to fighting, he's pretty smart. However, Jellal is top-tier when it comes to intelligence.

Spell diversity: Jellal > Natsu

Aside from August Zeref, there's likely no one who has more spell diversity than Jellal.

AoE: Jellal > Natsu

Natsu's largest feat would either be his Demolition fist against the God (Beast) of War or the lake in his fight with Jacob.

Jellal's AoE would be either his GC charge which covered the entire southern front (but the attack's AoE was small) or his Sema, in the panel in which you can see the CURVATURE OF THE EARTH.

Straight up DF Natsu and Jellal would be a very Laxus vs Jellal type fight (even). But Jellal defeats current Natsu from what we've seen in the manga, high difficulty from an unbiased standpoint. This finals should have Jellal vs Laxus, Gildarts or God Serena.

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Going with Natsu in this fight extreme difficulty just because of FDKM and DF.As DF increases his powerlevel by 4-5x from his base state he wins this.

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
I'm going with Jellal, mid-high diff.

While it certainly won't be easy I think he'll be able to pull Grand Chariot and Sema out on him, for one reason: Solid Seal.

During the Jellal vs OS fight, Angel says (or something similar too) "No... this is a-" and then Racer finishes by saying "A Solid Seal?". Now Racer (given the speed he's shown) should have been able to dodge GC but instead he was glued to his spot. After this I don't recall anyone moving away from Grand Chariot, including Neinhart. Maybe it's a bit shaky (not sure what the raw says, if anyone could translate I'd really appreciate it) but I think Jellal has modified his Grand Chariot so that his opponent can't escape it.

Raw: http://img.one-piece.top//img/7/3696.jpg

Feel free to tear this to pieces if it's wrong lol, just something that I thought would be worth bringing up.

Jellal.S.N

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
@Shoutmon
This, is what I meant by "afterslash"

http://m.mangafox.me/manga/fairy_tail/v12/c098/14.html
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I'm going with Jellal, mid-high diff.

While it certainly won't be easy I think he'll be able to pull Grand Chariot and Sema out on him, for one reason: Solid Seal.

During the Jellal vs OS fight, Angel says (or something similar too) "No... this is a-" and then Racer finishes by saying "A Solid Seal?". Now Racer (given the speed he's shown) should have been able to dodge GC but instead he was glued to his spot. After this I don't recall anyone moving away from Grand Chariot, including Neinhart. Maybe it's a bit shaky (not sure what the raw says, if anyone could translate I'd really appreciate it) but I think Jellal has modified his Grand Chariot so that his opponent can't escape it.

Raw: http://img.one-piece.top//img/7/3696.jpg

Feel free to tear this to pieces if it's wrong lol, just something that I thought would be worth bringing up.
In the anime, they said it was Solid Seal I think?

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Basically a 50-50. But I'm going to roll with Natsu. I've tried coming up with arguments for Jellal to win, but I think they're weaker than the arguments I can form for Natsu.

Natsu's offence slightly edges Jellal's as a whole imo. FDKM is probably the strongest offence in this tournament. One attack is enough to rival Grand Chariot. But as we've seen, Natsu can stack a few large Fire Dragon slayer spells right before a FDK spell. In a sense, Natsu's powerful attacks are a little more combat effective. For Jellal to oneshot Neinhart, he needed a little time. Natsu could enter FDKM fairly quickly, all he really needed to do was catch Jacob.

They both have similar physicals, on feats anyway. In my opinion, Natsu will be the one to generate better physical feats in the long run. He might actually have slightly less durability, but his endurance will be on the top tier like Erza/Laxus. Natsu has always been able to endure damage from powerful foes, even when he wasn't necessarily a top tier. Now he is, so I'm very confident his physicals would be top. Jellal's would be slightly below overall, but for this fight I'm happy to equalise them.

Speed's not a factor for me. Well for 2 reasons. 1) Both have the AoE to hit one another regardless of speed. And 2) Dragon Force. Even if Meteor is faster than base Natsu, DF will blitz Meteor. I'm not wanting to use Dragon Force at all, because if I did I see this ending with low-ish difficulty. I'd only use DF as a counter for "Meteor is going to blitz Natsu he won't be able to hit Jellal". So I think Natsu will be outdone by speed in this fight unless he uses DF, but even in base it's not as if Natsu will be blitzed all the time either, he's not slow.

Jellal's smarter, but in fighting they're probably equally experienced. Strategy probably doesn't come into play much, Jellal would have a slight edge here. Natsu fights intelligently imo.

Speculation - Jellal has Sema and Altaris to come. These are very powerful spells. Natsu has a FDKM secret art, and Dragon Force. In terms of speculation, Natsu would have the greater trump card. So if it came done to whose likely the stronger person? Then that would be Natsu. But for this fight I'm trying to avoid DF as much as possible.

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
In the anime, they said it was Solid Seal I think?
Yeah, I don't know if the raw said that but it would make sense, why else would Racer have just sat there and get hit instead of run? I'm kind of annoyed I didn't realize this earlier tbh. xD

Summer

Reaction score
Country
Poland
OH MY GOD , I can't believe Jellal is the one that gets on final , he is so OVERRATED .

Anyways , Natsu win this fight . He almost kill zeref , jellal is just like a piece of cake .

Status
Not open for further replies.