Final - Jellal Fernandes vs Natsu Dragneel | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Final Jellal Fernandes vs Natsu Dragneel

Which Fighter Wins?

• Jellal Fernandes

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • Natsu Dragneel

Votes: 47 54.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
DF's strength multiplied by 3 was due to a part of his energy absorbed from Jellal.He just recieved a part of Jellal's power.That is not full power.I will give you with examples:-
In Tartaros Arc human Mard Geer's power was 6000.Base Natsu's powerlevel was never revealed though i assume it is around 1000 as he was dominated by Base Tempesta whose power level was 1200.So unless he recieved a powerup of 5000 he cannot be no match for Etherious Mard Geer whose power level should be above 6000.If only he got 3x boost then only his powerlevel would have in the room of 3000 and Human Mard Geer toyed with Kyoka whose powerlevel was near 3000.And when he activated DF Etherious Mard Geer was no match for Natsu.

Jellal.S.N

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
OH MY GOD , I can't believe Jellal is the one that gets on final , he is so OVERRATED .

Anyways , Natsu win this fight . He almost kill zeref , jellal is just like a piece of cake .
He nearly beat Zeref bcoz he was using IGNEEL's FLAMES which is capable of hurting immortals and at the end, Zeref was pretty much standing there, waiting for Natsu to kill him (and he traded only one blow).

Rain Cloud

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
DF's strength multiplied by 3 was due to a part of his energy absorbed from Jellal.He just recieved a part of Jellal's power.That is not full power.I will give you with examples:-
In Tartaros Arc human Mard Geer's power was 6000.Base Natsu's powerlevel was never revealed though i assume it is around 1000 as he was dominated by Base Tempesta whose power level was 1200.So unless he recieved a powerup of 5000 he cannot be no match for Etherious Mard Geer whose power level should be above 6000.If only he got 3x boost then only his powerlevel would have in the room of 3000 and Human Mard Geer toyed with Kyoka whose powerlevel was near 3000.And when he activated DF Etherious Mard Geer was no match for Natsu.
Not correct. He had one attack against Etherious Mard Geer and Mard Geer shook it off. Gray took him out right after. DF natsu should have been given more attacks before ending the fight (imo).

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Not correct. He had one attack against Etherious Mard Geer and Mard Geer shook it off. Gray took him out right after. DF natsu should have been given more attacks before ending the fight (imo).
Please refer the fight.As long as his DF was active Mard couldn't even react.He was punched right through the wall.Do you think Kyoka can do this?

Shoutmon

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
He was injured the whole fight, it was most likely a smaller impact but then he opened the wound even wider when he has casting Abyss Break at the end.
Well that's why I said relatively, he was injured, but still fine compared to Natsu.

Rain Cloud

Reaction score
Country
United States
Please refer the fight.As long as his DF was active Mard couldn't even react.He was punched right through the wall.Do you think Kyoka can do this?
Apologies, misinterpreted what you were referring to.

Oh that,IIRC that only affected him at the end of their fight, but before that he seemed relatively fine.
It's a writing point. It just goes to show how much of a difference there was between Jellal and Natsu when 3x power up still required Jellal to be nerfed down. But that's irellevant, since Natsu's probably (hopefully) considerably closed that gap by now regardless.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
It really doesn't matter how much DF Natsu was compared to Jellal pre-skip. I know for a fact Natsu without DF is comparable to Jellal right now. With DF it would put Natsu in a whole different stratosphere to anything I can think of for Jellal. There also remains the possibility that through further dragonisation, DF will enhance Natsu by more than a factor of 3.

At any rate we know DF > Meteor even pre-skip. It should be a given that physicals/power output in this form would stroll over Jellal. The mitigating factor will be how long Natsu can sustain DF. In a near depleted state he managed a few hits against Mard Geer.

Kay3795

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Not sure how Jellel made did through Laxus, considering the endurance factor favouring Laxus immensely as well as the speed of execution the big guns also favouring Laxus; however, he's not getting past Natsu. This is as far as he's going to get!

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Jellal passed through the semi-finals, good. Let's get this started.

Feats I'm excluding:
- Dragon Force, Natsu has never shown he can activate it at will.
- Magic Staves, because this is Mystogan's magic and not Jellal's magic.

Attack: Jellal > Natsu
This feat is pretty difficult to compare between these two. While Jellal's spells have an immense destruction capacity, Natsu's spells take less time to cast. I'd still say Jellal is slightly above Natsu when it comes to attack, since we've seen how fast Jellal could cast Abyss Break which probably is his most destructive spell.

Defense: Jellal >> Natsu
Jellal has shown that he has a pretty high dodge rate once he uses Meteor. As for Natsu, his only defense is his body heat which won't be a major factor in this battle.

Stamina: Natsu >> Jellal
Well, it's Natsu we're talking about. I don't think I need to explain this.

Speed: Jellal >>>> Natsu
Natsu's speed may increase when he boosts himself with fire, but he'll never surpass Meteor. Jellal's Meteor is faster than Racer and Cobra after all.

Intelligence: Jellal >>>>>> Natsu
No need to explain.

AoE: Jellal >> Natsu
Natsu's Fire Dragon King Roar was pretty powerful indeed, but I think we can all agree that the AoE from Sema is still higher. Not to forget, Jellal is also in possession of Abyss Break which should be higher in AoE compared to Sema.

Spell diversity: Jellal > Natsu
Natsu may know more spells, but all of his attacks are fire spells. Jellal takes this for obvious reasons.

Jellal will take this with mid diff.

#VOTEJELLALFORPRESIDENT

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Attack: Jellal > Natsu
This feat is pretty difficult to compare between these two. While Jellal's spells have an immense destruction capacity, Natsu's spells take less time to cast. I'd still say Jellal is slightly above Natsu when it comes to attack, since we've seen how fast Jellal could cast Abyss Break which probably is his most destructive spell.
This is fair but I would say that in combat a quicker spell is perhaps more effective, even if it's a bit weaker. Jellal's spells don't take that long, GC is pretty quick once Jellal opens up the sky. But yea Natsu's are quicker, and the FDK ones are just as strong.

AoE: Jellal >> Natsu
Natsu's Fire Dragon King Roar was pretty powerful indeed, but I think we can all agree that the AoE from Sema is still higher. Not to forget, Jellal is also in possession of Abyss Break which should be higher in AoE compared to Sema.
AoE of Sema's blast is higher. But we need to note that Sema's meteorite/star that falls isn't too big. Tbh X792 Natsu's base roar would stop Tartarus Sema from reaching the ground. But current Sema would be stronger, so it would require a FDK spell to stop at the very least I imagine.

#VOTEJELLALFORPRESIDENT
Fire Dragon King Natsu >>>>> President :)

Am Shegar

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
It must be Gildarts vs Jellal or God Serena with Gildarts being the champion. Now it is hard to say who win. As Natsu post ts didnt show DF at will and lost Igneel FDKM then Jellal has upper hand in this. With DF at will Natsu could take it.

Last edited:

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Again people are saying Natsu can't use Dragon Force to try and stop him from winning because they have something against the character etc. The him not willing DF argument is ludicrous, he activated it in Tartarus without ingesting anything as a source of power, therefore it was willed. Furthermore, the restrictions clearly state that the combatants aren't hampered by emotions etc., and they can use anything that they've previously shown, so not counting Natsu's Dragon Force is absurd. By the rules etc. Natsu can use Dragon Force, so thats that.

If I'm going to rate this by stats, here's how I see it falling:

Attack: Natsu >= Jellal
I'd say Natsu in DF or FDKM would match, possibly better Jellal's attack potency when properly serious with the intent to kill (like what Jellal had when vs Neinhart). Its pretty even here but FDKM and DF could put Natsu above Jellal for attack.

Defense: Natsu > Jellal
Its not difficult to see that Natsu has the better defensive feats, previously taking many a beating in battle and still being able to pull through and continuing to fight. Jellal on the other hand hasn't shown a lot when it comes to actually taking attacks. The most recent attack we've seen him take was a small explosion from Neinhart, and he got knocked out by it. Now while I can agree that he wasn't focused on defending at the time, he was still knocked unconscious by it and thats a negative on Jellal's report card.

Stamina: Natsu >> Jellal
Again, it shouldn't be difficult to see that Natsu is the greater individual when it comes to stamina. As per my previous posts, he's been able to continue fighting after taking a beating in a long, drawn-out fight which is better than what Jellal has shown.

Speed: Natsu > Jellal
Now, I'm not denying that Jellal isn't fast, but as we've seen previously when the two fought, Natsu outsped Jellal when using Dragon Force, and thus as he outsped him before Natsu should be able to outspeed him again in Dragon Force. Its as simple as that, as with access to Dragon Force Natsu is faster than Jellal and has previously shown he can catch Jellal with that speed. As Natsu has actually show growth throught out the manga unlike Jellal, it would stand to reason that Natsu in DF now would be even faster.

Intelligence: Jellal >> Natsu
its pretty clear Jellal is the more intelligent one here, even if Natsu has shown to have gotten a bit smarter in recent times. No real debate here.

Versatility: Jellal > Natsu.
Again, I'd say Jellal has more versatility than Natsu here. Not that it would matter that much in this fight, but Jellal does indeed have more versatility with his spells.

I'd say with the better Attack, Defense, Stamina and Speed, Natsu takes this out in the end. Jellal won't be able to stand an onslaught from Dragon Force Natsu (as we've seen previously), and would possibly get taken out by just a few FDKM spells from Natsu. As for Jellal's Sema spell, I'd speculate that Natsu could actually destroy it with a Flame Dragon King's Roar or Flame Dragon King's Demolition Fist. They have the destructive power, and Natsu's previously shown he can destroy things much larger than the Sema spell so he could well render it useless.

I'd honestly say you're kidding yourself if you think Jellal would be able to go toe to toe with Natsu and win anything less than high-diff when Natsu could literally take him out with a few FDK spells in FDKM. Natsu simply outclasses Jellal in Attack, Defense, Stamina and Speed, and in the end that is what will matter, just like their last fight. Natsu > Jellal high diff.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
As Natsu post ts didnt show DF at will
Natsu can use Dragon Force, just like he did in Tartarus.

I think it's more of a opportunity thing. If Natsu faces an opponent whom he needs DF for, I think we'll see DF. Can Jellal push Natsu to dragon force? There's a good chance of that. I think Natsu would have definitely went DF against August had Irene not compressed and shuffled all of Fiore.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
This is fair but I would say that in combat a quicker spell is perhaps more effective, even if it's a bit weaker. Jellal's spells don't take that long, GC is pretty quick once Jellal opens up the sky. But yea Natsu's are quicker, and the FDK ones are just as strong.
Yeah I wanted to put them equal at first, but I'd still give it to Jellal due to Abyss Break. Not to forget that he can blitz attack Natsu once he uses Meteor, just like he did against Racer.

AoE of Sema's blast is higher. But we need to note that Sema's meteorite/star that falls isn't too big. Tbh X792 Natsu's base roar would stop Tartarus Sema from reaching the ground. But current Sema would be stronger, so it would require a FDK spell to stop at the very least I imagine.
Good point, although I don't think he'll destroy Sema with the same ease as he did with Ikasutsunagi. It won't matter anyway, Jellal has still Grand Chariot, Altaris and Abyss Break to do the thing.

Fire Dragon King Natsu >>>>> President :)

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
@BluePegasus if Wendy can activate DF according to her will at any point of time so why can't Natsu after 1 year training especially he is the first one to activate DF without any outside stimulus.

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
@BluePegasus if Wendy can activate DF according to her will at any point of time so why can't Natsu after 1 year training especially he is the first one to activate DF without any outside stimulus.
I didn't actually read the FT manga until the Alvarez arc, so sorry if this is wrong, but I always assumed that it was anger over Igneel's death that pushed him into Dragon Force?

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
I didn't actually read the FT manga until the Alvarez arc, so sorry if this is wrong, but I always assumed that it was anger over Igneel's death that pushed him into Dragon Force?
He saw Gray falling and he activated DF.Wendy can do it anytime.If we say Natsu can't do it it will be going against truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.