Final - Jellal Fernandes vs Natsu Dragneel | Page 30 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Final Jellal Fernandes vs Natsu Dragneel

Which Fighter Wins?

• Jellal Fernandes

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • Natsu Dragneel

Votes: 47 54.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomburst

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
When Natsu said he can use this power once, he meant he can regenerate it. Go back to English class you clearly lack in something.
Ok I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you meant "can't" regenerate it.

Natsu never used Igneels power before he fought Zeref. After he had busted up the Alvarez army and Zeref showed up, Natsu began to unwrap his right arm and Happy says something along the lines of, "He's planning to use that right off the bat." What this means is that Natsu wasn't using Igneels power up until that point. Think about it logically. Why would Natsu waste insane magic power that will never regenerate on an army of fodder? He may act stupid sometimes but he's not that dumb.

As for Natsu using it against the God of War, I already addressed that in one of my previous comments. Whether or not you'll actually bother to go find it instead of repeating claims that people have already responded to is entirely up to you.

And dude, enough with the insults. You dont have to agree with us but the least you can do is show some respect.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Natsu had to use Igneels left over power to destroy the God of War. So we can't use that feat against Jellal since Igneels power on a whole another level.

And Natsu roar against Bluenotestinger wasn't a random roar.
Jellal wins.
Natsu using Igneel's Magic Power to destroy the God of War is a huge contradiction to what Natsu said regarding what was bandaged on his arm, which was Igneel's Magic Power and Natsu said it was a one-time use. I.E He could only use it once. If he used it against the War God then he should never of been able to use it against Zeref.

Natsu's attack against Bluenote didn't actually even have a name, rather people accredit it to a roar when really it might not even be a properly named technique when we don't have the name. And you've literally given no argument in your post here about why Jellal would win, why don't you actually explain why he would, accounting for everything I and other members have said for why Natsu would win?

When Natsu said he can use this power once, he meant he can regenerate it.
Natsu can regenerate a dead Dragon's Magic Power? This is the most absurd thing I've heard yet. Natsu literally said in the fight against Zeref that once he uses that magic power its gone for good. That more than buries your little thought bubble there. Again, the magic power was a one-time use thing, so once he used it he couldn't use it again. The argument that Natsu used even a little bit of the power against the War God is a clear contradiction to what Natsu said regarding it being a one-time use.

But let's say Igneel's Magic Power can regenerate like you wildly claim: That would mean Natsu still has access to it, and if he did still have access to it, he could use that in the tournament. That would mean Jellal would be even more than destroyed by a single attack. I'll leave you to think about that.

Now, regarding Natsu vs Jellal, Natsu takes this out. To put it simply, if Natsu lands a few punches and a spell in either FDKM or DF, Jellal gets taken out due to his poor durability. During the fight, Jellal might try spells like Grand Chariot and Sema, the former which unless he charges up akin to Neinhart (leaves him open to being attacked and that'd mean he would get taken out by attacks) won't do that much to Natsu and the latter (Sema) can get cancelled out by Natsu if he uses a Roar, FDK Roar or FDK Demolition Fist. With Natsu rendering Sema useless and Jellal only being able to get chip damage with heavenly blasts and the quick Grand Chariot, Natsu who can tank hits as well and outspeed Jellal using Dragon Force wins this fight. It literally comes down to who can deal more damage to the other, and at the end of the day Natsu will hit the needed damage on Jellal before Jellal will get the needed damage on Natsu.

Last edited:

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Jellal and Darth Vader had a round table tea party and Anakin decided that Jellal is his successor :P
But yes, Jellal has something similar to force. Ep 35 and respective manga chapters for reference:)
Yeah and that was only used on kid Erza. It also had nothing to do with Telekinesis.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Telekenesis is something I wouldn't even bother with for Jellal. His fight magic is Heavenly Body magic... that is the only magic that can give him the win. Possibly Abyss Break can get it done too, but all these other things Jellal can do are pretty useless in a tough fight.

His telekenesis is probably weaker than Bluenote's gravity anyway. Natsu had no problem with that.

Still favour Natsu to win this one. If the offensive power is around the same strength, then I back Natsu's Fire DS magic to be slightly more combat effective than Jellal's HB Magic.

Jellal.S.N

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Yeah and that was only used on kid Erza. It also had nothing to do with Telekinesis.
It's telekinesis for god sake. See the anime, it shows it better than the manga...
Ep35
@Brandish
It's obviously is weaker than HB, but it will surely help no? :)
And telekinesis hasn't shown to be "overcome" but if u read my previous post, I stated a plan on how Natsu can overcome it by generating high amounts of heat making Jellal feel uncomfortable,(which will take a bit of time).:)

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's telekinesis for god sake. See the anime, it shows it better than the manga...
Ep35
@Brandish
And telekinesis hasn't shown to be "overcome" but if u read my previous post, I stated a plan on how Natsu can overcome it by generating high amounts of heat making Jellal feel uncomfortable,(which will take a bit of time).:)
The anime isn't canon. It's some dark hands that appear around her neck in the manga which means it isn't telekinesis.

Boomburst

Reaction score
Country
United States
The anime isn't canon. It's some dark hands that appear around her neck in the manga which means it isn't telekinesis.
Well I wouldn't go as far as to say that the anime isn't canon, but i do agree that in general the manga is much more reliable.

Jellal.S.N

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I wasn't referring to only erza. Also the people working in R-system who got killed by it...:)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Well I wouldn't go as far as to say that the anime isn't canon, but i do agree that in general the manga is much more reliable.
Some fillers in anime are only considered non Canon. But this force thing is real... Unless Jellal has invisible ninja stars that he threw at them;)

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
I wasn't referring to only erza. Also the people working in R-system who got killed by it...:)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Some fillers in anime are only considered non Canon. But this force thing is real... Unless Jellal has invisible ninja stars that he threw at them;)
That still wasn't telekinesis. It was just a push like Mard did and it seems it's only effective on fodder bcs he does that magical burst and it does nothing to kid Erza.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Some of the anime gets exaggerated but yeah it's still useable for the parts that aren't.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I don't think it will help. For 2 reasons:
1) Using HB magic will do more damage and give him greater speed. I can't see why Jellal would want to use a lesser magic in a fight where a wrong move could be a KO
2) Telekenesis feats aren't really anything to get excited about. Even if we gave it Bluenote Gravity strength, something which has pinned people down before, Natsu can casually stand in it. So you'd have to hype Jellal's telekenesis to the point that Natsu's strength in overcome, and there isn't any reason to think Jellal can achieve this.

Not sure if adding more spells for Jellal to use helps at all. If Jellal is going to win it's got to be spells that can actually work against someone of Natsu's caliber.

Jellal.S.N

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I don't think it will help. For 2 reasons:
1) Using HB magic will do more damage and give him greater speed. I can't see why Jellal would want to use a lesser magic in a fight where a wrong move could be a KO
2) Telekenesis feats aren't really anything to get excited about. Even if we gave it Bluenote Gravity strength, something which has pinned people down before, Natsu can casually stand in it. So you'd have to hype Jellal's telekenesis to the point that Natsu's strength in overcome, and there isn't any reason to think Jellal can achieve this.

Not sure if adding more spells for Jellal to use helps at all. If Jellal is going to win it's got to be spells that can actually work against someone of Natsu's caliber.
Gravity is a different kind of thing you know. Natsu obviously has trained a lot, and so increased gravity does not affect him:). Imo, telekinesis or whatever is kinda different. I did accept that Natsu can "break free" but not immediately. Telekinesis is not pinning people down, I brought it up to increase the distance between Jellal and Natsu.:)

Adding less strong spells may be meaningless but if you have read my previous arguments, it does kinda help to stall Natsu, giving Jellal the time he needs. It all comes down to opinion actually and the way we both see it.
So this thing ends today huh. The tournament was amazing. :super

EmberSpirit

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Jellal and Darth Vader had a round table tea party and Anakin decided that Jellal is his successor :P
But yes, Jellal has something similar to force. Ep 35 and respective manga chapters for reference:)
He never used telekinesis against someone who isn't a fodder. He can do it against ToH slavers, that's all. That being said, he has one of the more impressive feats against fodders since that telekinesis thing looks like like it takes no effort xD It is useless against anyone notable until he proves that he can benefit from using it.

He can fire magic blasts, but it has been more than a hundred chapters since he did magic blasts, and they weren't impressive. Speed and big spells are his strong suit.

Woodenstool

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
All Jellal has to do his drop Cema and GC.

While Cema is dropping, Natsu stops Jellal but Cema drops and its too late. Natsu is flatten.

Jellal.S.N

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
He can fire magic blasts, but it has been more than a hundred chapters since he did magic blasts, and they weren't impressive. Speed and big spells are his strong suit.
Hahaha, well, we don't see many characters keep reusing their spells in ft actually:). Only the big bad ones or those with relevance are used right? The blasts are quite less impressive but it does help to increase the distance between them. All that matters is who pulls their spells of first, Natsu with his roar or Jellal with his other stuff so I mainly see this as a fight on what spells they are going to use to finish each other off. I liked your GC casting argument btw, and thats what I also stated before:). Good we are having a genuine discussion.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
All Jellal has to do his drop Cema and GC.

While Cema is dropping, Natsu stops Jellal but Cema drops and its too late. Natsu is flatten.
Again, Jellal can't hit Natsu with a Sema because Natsu can either destroy it or go and attack Jellal whilst he is casting it which would stop the casting of the spell. As for Grand Chariot, unless he's using the charged one he used against Neinhart it isn't going to do much to Natsu, and if he does go to charge it, Natsu can attack him and end the fight there. Jellal's two strongest spells that he's shown are moot before Natsu, and Natsu can probably take him out with one strong spell done in FDKM or DF, so the only legitimate way this fight will end is with Natsu being victorius.

Woodenstool

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Again, Jellal can't hit Natsu with a Sema because Natsu can either destroy it or go and attack Jellal whilst he is casting it which would stop the casting of the spell. As for Grand Chariot, unless he's using the charged one he used against Neinhart it isn't going to do much to Natsu, and if he does go to charge it, Natsu can attack him and end the fight there. Jellal's two strongest spells that he's shown are moot before Natsu, and Natsu can probably take him out with one strong spell done in FDKM or DF, so the only legitimate way this fight will end is with Natsu being victorius.
There is no proof GC took charge time, quit bringing petty things to this argument.

There is no proof of the caster is stopped so is the spell. Natsu launched fire and got knocked out it still traveled and it the target.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
There is no proof GC took charge time, quit bringing petty things to this argument.

There is no proof of the caster is stopped so is the spell. Natsu launched fire and got knocked out it still traveled and it the target.
If there is no proof Grand Chariot has a charge time, then why didn't Jellal fire Grand Chariot off straight away and kill Neinhart? The fact he didn't fire it off straight away like we've seen previously clearly shows he was charging it up for a more powerful attack against Neinhart, and Jellal was stationary during that time while the fighting continued across Hargeon for at least a minute. The point is he was charging it up and you've just made another baseless statement.

Boomburst

Reaction score
Country
United States

There is just as much proof of GC having to charge as there is of Demo Fist having to charge, which is something you've claimed before.

Dude if Jellal gets knocked out right after he uses a spell then Natsu wins the battle and we don't give two shits about what happens to the spell he used.
-_-

Orgastthemage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
In the battle against Jacob he was the one who came up with a distraction plan by having him and Lucy play on Jacob's "innocence".
In the battle of Hades Natsu sent the Exceed trio to try an dismantle the ships power core so it doesn't take off and make him have motion sickness.
In the battle of Mard Natsu was leading the Twins and creating opening for them to land hits.
Here is also the Natsu vs the Twins feat.
In the battle against Zancrow, Natsu created a vessel just to eat God Flames and in the battle against Jackal he found the weakness to explosive curse by eating the origin point. In the battle against Franmelth instead of using his magic to try and end Franmelth he knew that'd be useless so he picked up a huge rock because it doesn't have soul and used that as way to win. In the battle against the Twins again Natsu burned off Sting's Holy Stigma and waited for the right opportunity to strike him in the face.

In x792 he also assessed an arm robbery through his hearing alone and with pin point accuracy (headshots) stopped the bandits without getting the victim caught in the crossfire or destroying anything on the carriage.

Natsu is a lot smarter than most people give him credit for.

Natsu doesn't just hit or the same could be said for Jellal and other Fairy Tail characters. Everyone needs assistance now and then so who the heck cares? Also he only needs assistance when he gets blindsided, out of magic, or the enemy is more powerful than him.

None of OS are even remotely comparable to x791 Natsu so that's a moot point already and he set it up when they were all still in the illusion. Inhaling is a lot faster then setting up a Grand Chariot and he doesn't even need to inhale to do a basic roar
Well, I said Natsu Uses little to no strategy against his foes. He does come up with plans, but in the end its STILL not enough to beat them bar help from the outside(teammates,freak accidents, etc). This goes with the exception of Sting and Rogue as they were no where near Natsu level individually.

I said When Natsu fights INDIVIDUALLY against an adversary of COMPARABLE strength. That is Jellal. Jellal is smarter than Natsu. Natsu may have larger guns, however, Jellal's guns are enormous as well. Natsu has great melee and ranged spells,yet Jellal is COMPARABLE to Natsu in spell potency. With It being this close of a match, intelligence,luck, and versatility(as with LAxus vs Jellal) Will play the DIFFERENCE.

Jellal will overcome Natsu, Natsu is strong but Jellal could hold his own against Laxus and Laxus is as strong,perhaps even stronger than BDKM Natsu.
However weaker than FDKM Natsu.

The jist is that Natsu is smart And has INCREDIBLE offensive capabilities. Jellal Also Has amazing,not as Natsu's, Offensive spells. Yet, Jellal's intelligence,spell range, and quick thinking will help him overcome Natsu.

Also, Jellal just needs an slightly above average GC to somewhat weaken any of Natsu's best spells. Giving him more than enough time to recuperate.

Jella's hand signs take as long as Natsu's inhalation(for the larger spells). The massive spell can even be used AGAINST Natsu as Jellal Could SET UP his bigger spells. Jellal's intelligence is KEY here. Natsu is NOT as experienced as jellal, YET.

Natsu Has not yet been shown to defeat an opponent of comparable strength on his own.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well, I said Natsu Uses little to no strategy against his foes. He does come up with plans, but in the end its STILL not enough to beat them bar help from the outside(teammates,freak accidents, etc). This goes with the exception of Sting and Rogue as they were no where near Natsu level individually.

I said When Natsu fights INDIVIDUALLY against an adversary of COMPARABLE strength. That is Jellal. Jellal is smarter than Natsu. Natsu may have larger guns, however, Jellal's guns are enormous as well. Natsu has great melee and ranged spells,yet Jellal is COMPARABLE to Natsu in spell potency. With It being this close of a match, intelligence,luck, and versatility(as with LAxus vs Jellal) Will play the DIFFERENCE.

Jellal will overcome Natsu, Natsu is strong but Jellal could hold his own against Laxus and Laxus is as strong,perhaps even stronger than BDKM Natsu.
However weaker than FDKM Natsu.

The jist is that Natsu is smart And has INCREDIBLE offensive capabilities. Jellal Also Has amazing,not as Natsu's, Offensive spells. Yet, Jellal's intelligence,spell range, and quick thinking will help him overcome Natsu.

Natsu Has not yet been shown to defeat an opponent of comparable strength on his own.
Well the same can be said for Jellal when it comes to fighting people of a comparable strength, and as has been pointed out previously in this thread, Jellal's strategy won't matter one bit if Natsu lands an attack (a spell) on Jellal in FDKM as it will very likely leave him in a very bad way or take him out entirely. Jellal doesn't have the durability needed to take too many of Natsu's attacks, and its his main downfall in this fight. Natsu on the other hand can take Jellal's attacks well and destroy Sema, plus Jellal can't charge up GC as it leaves himself open for attack. At the end of the day, Natsu takes this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.