Final - Jellal Fernandes vs Natsu Dragneel | Page 29 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Final Jellal Fernandes vs Natsu Dragneel

Which Fighter Wins?

• Jellal Fernandes

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • Natsu Dragneel

Votes: 47 54.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Takuan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Also the GC that Jellal used against Neinhart wasn't quick. This is a spell that's never been used to oneshot someone, and Jellal wanted to end Neinhart right there and then. So I think it was full-powered, and took a little longer. But I can see Jellal doing a quick one like usual, but it wouldn't be as powerful.
To be honest i dont know about the cast time of that GC. It seemed longer than usual yes, but i don't know if that's really the case.

It's like Makarov VS Jose, when Fairy Law was introduced, it was very theatrical. Makarov talking, then 1........2............3 While Jose kept talking as well.
Now that is a long spell to cast. But in that first FL use, it was even longer for theatrical effect.
When Makarov was starting to cast Fairy Law against Hades, he was at 1 (it's supposed to be 3,2,1, Fairy Law) and Hades directly took the short cut and said Grimoire Law.
I mean, sometimes spell cast seems long because of the effect it needs to prodce on the reader, but i don't think it is THAT long in reality.

When Jellal casted GC on Neinhart, it took a long time for the readers to be like "oh god the one shot is coming" :P
And it gave Kagura the oportunity to "save" Jellal from Neinhart's Historia (Simon) while proving that she's able to overcome her past demons, so to speak.

But yeah, that's my opinion at least. Let me know what you think about it

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
To be honest i dont know about the cast time of that GC. It seemed longer than usual yes, but i don't know if that's really the case.

It's like Makarov VS Jose, when Fairy Law was introduced, it was very theatrical. Makarov talking, then 1........2............3 While Jose kept talking as well.
Now that is a long spell to cast. But in that first FL use, it was even longer for theatrical effect.
When Makarov was starting to cast Fairy Law against Hades, he was at 1 (it's supposed to be 3,2,1, Fairy Law) and Hades directly took the short cut and said Grimoire Law.
I mean, sometimes spell cast seems long because of the effect it needs to prodce on the reader, but i don't think it is THAT long in reality.

When Jellal casted GC on Neinhart, it took a long time for the readers to be like "oh god the one shot is coming" :P
And it gave Kagura the oportunity to "save" Jellal from Neinhart's Historia (Simon) while proving that she's able to overcome her past demons, so to speak.

But yeah, that's my opinion at least. Let me know what you think about it
What we saw though was Jellal taking more time than usual, and it doing a lot more damage than usual. He was panting after it. Those things point to it being full-powered; and this might not be possible to achieve without taking a little extra time.

Or it could be like Demolishing Strike. The first time Natsu used it he took longer. The second time all he needed to do was enter FDKM and prep a punch. Hiro might have wanted to drag it out for drama.So I'm not discounting what you say, but for now I think it's more likely that GC at full power takes a little longer.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
So when did Jellal get the force? But I see people saying he's about to force throw and choke Natsu :lmao

Souvik

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
India
How did Natsu even get here ......he should have been stomped in the semi finale
I know it's not relatable but I couldn't stop myself from expressing my discontent ....
A would be legend already defeating the legendary badass (Gildarts) ....

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
How did Natsu even get here ......he should have been stomped in the semi finale
I know it's not relatable but I couldn't stop myself from expressing my discontent ....
A would be legend already defeating the legendary badass (Gildarts) ....
Well, Natsu beating God Serena makes even less sense, and that victory relied on the fact that GS couldn't eat fire - a fact a lot of people disagreed with.
But as much as we can disagree with past results, that's not going to change anything anyway.

So yeah i agree with you, this is not relevant xD right now we have to judge Natsu VS Jellal.
Personally i'm not even going to vote, as i agree with most of the points made for both opponents. Also i got bored with reading the same arguments and counter-arguments, and some people seem to never change their mind. Leading to 30 pages of the same stuff.
That's unfortunate tbh, but that had to be expected with such a final - a wonderful final where both opponents are extremely powerful and both deserve to win, while having such a large fan base.

Jko

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well Natsu showed little to no strategy whatsoever against jacob, Mard, Hades, etc.
In the battle against Jacob he was the one who came up with a distraction plan by having him and Lucy play on Jacob's "innocence".
In the battle of Hades Natsu sent the Exceed trio to try an dismantle the ships power core so it doesn't take off and make him have motion sickness.
In the battle of Mard Natsu was leading the Twins and creating opening for them to land hits.
Here is also the Natsu vs the Twins feat.
In the battle against Zancrow, Natsu created a vessel just to eat God Flames and in the battle against Jackal he found the weakness to explosive curse by eating the origin point. In the battle against Franmelth instead of using his magic to try and end Franmelth he knew that'd be useless so he picked up a huge rock because it doesn't have soul and used that as way to win. In the battle against the Twins again Natsu burned off Sting's Holy Stigma and waited for the right opportunity to strike him in the face.

In x792 he also assessed an arm robbery through his hearing alone and with pin point accuracy (headshots) stopped the bandits without getting the victim caught in the crossfire or destroying anything on the carriage.

Natsu is a lot smarter than most people give him credit for.
natsu just HITS. That is all he does, he goes in and just punches his way through. He needs assistance against foes of comparable strength. The twin Dragons were not of comparable strength.
NATSU needs HELP to beat adversaries of similar strength, i just wanted to point that out. Not trying to be aggressive.
Natsu doesn't just hit or the same could be said for Jellal and other Fairy Tail characters. Everyone needs assistance now and then so who the heck cares? Also he only needs assistance when he gets blindsided, out of magic, or the enemy is more powerful than him.

Grand Chariot was fast enough against Oracion seis plus that was PRE-skip Jellal. Natsu needs to inhale before he releases flames. His roar is not instant.
None of OS are even remotely comparable to x791 Natsu so that's a moot point already and he set it up when they were all still in the illusion. Inhaling is a lot faster then setting up a Grand Chariot and he doesn't even need to inhale to do a basic roar

Last edited:

Woodenstool

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Natsu had to use Igneels left over power to destroy the God of War. So we can't use that feat against Jellal since Igneels power on a whole another level.

And Natsu roar against Bluenotestinger wasn't a random roar.
Jellal wins.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Natsu had to use Igneels left over power to destroy the God of War. So we can't use that feat against Jellal since Igneels power on a whole another level.

And Natsu roar against Bluenotestinger wasn't a random roar.
Jellal wins.
Natsu didn't use Igneels power on the Iku (He can only use it once) so yes we can use that feat.

Natsu roar against Bluenote was a basic roar.
Natsu wins.

Woodenstool

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Natsu didn't use Igneels power on the Iku (He can only use it once) so yes we can use that feat.

Natsu roar against Bluenote was a basic roar.
Natsu wins.
I guess it time to literally to destroy your argument.

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/434/14 (Doesn't enter Blaze Dragon King mode and uses his right arm and says its IGNEELS FLAMES"
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/434/15 (No mode)
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/479/18 (Uses his mode after Igneels power is gone)
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/479/19

Boomburst

Reaction score
Country
United States

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/434/14 (Doesn't enter Blaze Dragon King mode and uses his right arm and says its IGNEELS FLAMES"
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/479/18 (Uses his mode after Igneels power is gone)
No, he wasn't literally using Igneels power. Natsu had just come off of a big nakama speech and he was just saying that he gets his power from Igneel because he was raised by him and he was his dad and nakama stuff like that, not because he was literally drawing from Igneels leftover power. Weve already established that Igneels power is a one time use, Natsu sure as hell wouldn't waste some of it before fighting Zeref.

And I have no idea what purpose the other two panels you provided serve.

Kay3795

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
In the battle against Jacob he was the one who came up with a distraction plan by having him and Lucy play on Jacob's "innocence".
In the battle of Hades Natsu sent the Exceed trio to try an dismantle the ships power core so it doesn't take off and make him have motion sickness.
In the battle of Mard Natsu was leading the Twins and creating opening for them to land hits.
Here is also the Natsu vs the Twins feat.
In the battle against Zancrow, Natsu created a vessel just to eat God Flames and in the battle against Jackal he found the weakness to explosive curse by eating the origin point. In the battle against Franmelth instead of using his magic to try and end Franmelth he knew that'd be useless so he picked up a huge rock because it doesn't have soul and used that as way to win. In the battle against the Twins again Natsu burned off Sting's Holy Stigma and waited for the right opportunity to strike him in the face.

In x792 he also assessed an arm robbery through his hearing alone and with pin point accuracy (headshots) stopped the bandits without getting the victim caught in the crossfire or destroying anything on the carriage.

Natsu is a lot smarter than most people give him credit for.

Natsu doesn't just hit or the same could be said for Jellal and other Fairy Tail characters. Everyone needs assistance now and then so who the heck cares? Also he only needs assistance when he gets blindsided, out of magic, or the enemy is more powerful than him.

None of OS are even remotely comparable to x791 Natsu so that's a moot point already and he set it up when they were all still in the illusion. Inhaling is a lot faster then setting up a Grand Chariot and he doesn't even need to inhale to do a basic roar
Quite a lot of feats there. The super-basic roar that took out Bluenote was nice -- felt more like a nagging roar lol -- but hearing the robbery from such a distance & then releasing enough firepower to not only hit the robbers -- ordinary humans -- but merely knocked them out shows stunning control & meticulousness. As I see it now, this feat is more impressive than the Bluenote nagging roar (imo).

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Not to mention the Fire Dragon King moves are a reference to Igneel because he was the King of Fire Dragons.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States

I guess it's time for you to read the manga. Natsu can only use Igneels power once and it's gone. He already stated this so everything prior to the Zeref was Natsu himself.

Kay3795

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria

You've made it pretty clear that you're not one to take to corrections, even when members rightly point out the underlying flaw in your augmentations. Such an attitude makes for a dull & boring discussion.:darn

Need we go back to the thread/page where more -- authentic -- translations of the same pages you've just linked actually supported Natsu using his father's flames solely for Zeref?;)

Woodenstool

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
You've made it pretty clear that you're not one to take to corrections, even when members rightly point out the underlying flaw in your augmentations. Such an attitude makes for a dull & boring discussion.:darn

Need we go back to the thread/page where more -- authentic -- translations of the same pages you've just linked actually supported Natsu using his father's flames solely for Zeref?;)
When he said once, he meant he could never use this power again. Natsu had to a mode to use Demolition fist but before he never had to because had Igneels power.

Boomburst

Reaction score
Country
United States
When he said once, he meant he could never use this power again. Natsu had to a mode to use Demolition fist but before he never had to because had Igneels power.
If Natsu really had used Igneels power against the god of war, that would have meant he used it AGAIN against Zeref. AGAIN. AGAAAIIIIN.

Woodenstool

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
If Natsu really had used Igneels power against the god of war, that would have meant he used it AGAIN against Zeref. AGAIN. AGAAAIIIIN.
Natsu used a
natsu didn't use his new mode when he had Igneels power and he clearly said taste Igneels flames. He also didn't use his mode when using his kings roar because he has Igneels power.

Jellal easily wins.

Jellal.S.N

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
So when did Jellal get the force? But I see people saying he's about to force throw and choke Natsu :lmao
Jellal and Darth Vader had a round table tea party and Anakin decided that Jellal is his successor :P
But yes, Jellal has something similar to force. Ep 35 and respective manga chapters for reference:)

Boomburst

Reaction score
Country
United States
Natsu used a

natsu didn't use his new mode when he had Igneels power and he clearly said taste Igneels flames. He also didn't use his mode when using his kings roar because he has Igneels power.

Jellal easily wins.
Ok at this point I'm convinced that you aren't even reading our comments because this is literally the exact same thing you said in your last comment, which I as well as others have already responded to.

Woodenstool

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok at this point I'm convinced that you aren't even reading our comments because this is literally the exact same thing you said in your last comment, which I as well as others have already responded to.
When Natsu said he can use this power once, he meant he can regenerate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.