Joint Review of D. Gray Man 212: Searching for A.W. / Calling For You | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Joint Review of D. Gray Man 212: Searching for A.W. / Calling For You

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphabeta

Reviewer
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
like this ? (:
There's a "bevel and emboss" in this one, right? It's better than the one without a border, but I kinda imagined just a simple 2-3 px border. Could you make such a variant also, please? :sweatdrop

Niko_kun

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
There's a "bevel and emboss" in this one, right? It's better than the one without a border, but I kinda imagined just a simple 2-3 px border. Could you make such a variant also, please? :sweatdrop
of course i can! haha will be here in a minute... :)

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

well, i made a new one, and really liked it xD

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
O.K. that one looks better. No need for any borders anymore.

And what happened to the Impressions, cez? :shifty

unknownymous

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Sorry for not keeping in touch all that much. I've been a little busy, though I haven't been posting that much since one, '1liners that do not really contribute to the effort of writing the reviews' - (benelori) will be deleted anyway, and two, I really don't know where to butt in so I can help. XD

Quantized

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Sorry for not keeping in touch all that much. I've been a little busy, though I haven't been posting that much since one, '1liners that do not really contribute to the effort of writing the reviews' - (benelori) will be deleted anyway, and two, I really don't know where to butt in so I can help. XD
Elbows out? Check.
Adrenalin rosh? Check.
Some candy in a bowl ahead? Check.
Lock target? Check.

Now all you have to do, is swing around those elbows, hit down your opponents, just reach it, no matter what it takes!!

Ok, kidding :p
But not kidding about the point of the above though, just throw something out, finished or unfinished ideas, or even just brainstorming :)
It's like having your own thoughts in your own head, making up ideas, but here as a team, we need to think like one.

For example if anyone would like to do Impressions, but sitting on it, you'll have to let everyone else know that you feel like doing it :)

I don't have much time lately, and of course I burned down my computer last night (was a nice camp fire though :teehee), but if no one wants to do it, then I'll get it done soon when I find little time :)
So it will get done, but I'm curious about what you girls & guys feel?

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

O.K. that one looks better. No need for any borders anymore.

And what happened to the Impressions, cez? :shifty
Alrighty, wrote Kisame a PM, hopefully he'll be around soon :)
If he's not, I'll do the last part for this week.
If there is any volunteers, then that fine as well, but lets wait another 2 days and see if he comes about.

He still has 3 hours and 13 minute :p

Niko_kun

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Elbows out? Check.
Adrenalin rosh? Check.
Lock target? Check.

Now all you have to do, is swing around those elbows, hit down your opponents, just reach it, no matter what it takes!!

But not kidding about the point of the above though, just throw something out, finished or unfinished ideas, or even just brainstorming :)
It's like having your own thoughts in your own head, making up ideas, but here as a team, we need to think like one.

For example if anyone would like to do Impressions, but sitting on it, you'll have to let everyone else know that you feel like doing it :)

I don't have much time lately, and of course I burned down my computer last night (was a nice camp fire though :teehee), but if no one wants to do it, then I'll get it done soon when I find little time :)

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

well, i have made it if u wanna use :) but if someone wants to do it, its ok :)

unknownymous

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Elbows out? Check.
Adrenalin rosh? Check.
Lock target? Check.

Got it!:thumbs

well, i have made it if u wanna use :) but if someone wants to do it, its ok :)
I'll give it a try as well. I'll probably be able to get it up in a day or two. We can always combine what we have, so yeah. :^_^

Niko_kun

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

I'll give it a try as well. I'll probably be able to get it up in a day or two. We can always combine what we have, so yeah. :^_^
yeah we can do this! When we work together is always better :)

Quantized

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind

yeah we can do this! When we work together is always better :)
Sweet, looking forward to see it :)
Any thoughts on how you will merge it?
Was thinking if it's written slighthly in sections, the process could be easier, but also not so much that the reader will notice the sections.

Think you can have it done tomorrow?

16th March - Two Complete Inpressions
17th March - Merging the two Impressions completed.
18th March - Finish touch on the D.Gray-Man review (Release date - deadline).

So if all goes well, we can post it in the D.Gray-Man section in 3 days :)

As for who will post the review and receive all the "Thanks" and "Likes" I think it should be one of you three.
Next week it will be another, and so forth on cycle basis.

Anyone who wants to go first? or doesn't mind to wait a week or two?
If no objections, we'll make a list so we always know who will post ahead of time :)

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Hold it!

There is no reason to write two full impressions. The OP said two impressions because otherwise one person would be left without any section at all.

I'm not against writing two impressions, but only if it won't cause unnecesarry troubles. :sweatdrop

Quantized

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Hold it!

There is no reason to write two full impressions. The OP said two impressions because otherwise one person would be left without any section at all.

I'm not against writing two impressions, but only if it won't cause unnecesarry troubles. :sweatdrop
hmm, it's pretty hard to merge it othervice though.
Would either have to organize who writes what, or both write a full impressions and take half half of both works into one.
That or only one person writes it, unless I'm missing a technique.

If one enjoys writing, but don't mind that only half goes public, then it's all good (assuming one enjoys writing).
Which is what I asked for, if anyone enjoys writing and wants it this week :)

Would only assign one for the task if no one enjoy writing it, and that would probably be me since that section is under my responsibility.
I'm allowing it due to the fun and teamwork.

Hope that helps shedding light on the situation :)

Niko_kun

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I don't care about the likes and thanks, I just wanna see the project finished :D

I can be the first but you know, if someone wants to be, so just be it :)

unknownymous

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Hold it!

hmm, it's pretty hard to merge it othervice though.
Would either have to organize who writes what, or both write a full impressions and take half half of both works into one.
That or only one person writes it, unless I'm missing a technique.

If one enjoys writing, but don't mind that only half goes public, then it's all good (assuming one enjoys writing).
Which is what I asked for, if anyone enjoys writing and wants it this week :)

Would only assign one for the task if no one enjoy writing it, and that would probably be me since that section is under my responsibility.
I'm allowing it due to the fun and teamwork.

Hope that helps shedding light on the situation :)

I don't care about the likes and thanks, I just wanna see the project finished :D

I can be the first but you know, if someone wants to be, so just be it :)

You all have a point now that I think of it. And besides, I was stuck looking for gun parts(with my father sitting right beside me and pointing at all the nice shiny night force zero stop thingies I hardly understand) for the whole night during my free time yesterday. And today, I got really busy. I was going to rush my version of the impressions after checking up here, but since this came up, I guess problem solved. :derp

Niko can do the honors of going first. :super

I'll go "Now is not the time" - (Tyrande Whisperwind), for I am still stuck searching for 4 more gun parts.

Lol-ing, at the reference.

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Can someone explain me why there's no impressions, and more importantly, WHO is writing the impressions?

Full of f*ck, my brain is :yoda

Quantized

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
We need clear answers, so you don't have to guess what someoe means when posting :super

Not gonna mention names, it applies to everyone, including me, we need to be more clear with our words for efficient teamwork. Just a minor but important detail :amuse

I'm assuming Anon is out this week, so there is Niko's Impressions left. Which means we won't have to merge them.
But once this review is over, we need to discuss how we make the next one, before we start :^_^

Niko said:
This chapter was good, but, once again she completly forgot Lavi. I know she wanna show us everything about the Kanda-Allen-Johnny thing and Allen-Mana-14th relationship but, why the 3rd most popular character isn’t appearing?

Well, the art once again looks really good, looks like since chapter 205 Hoshino gets a new art style and it’s getting awesome in every single chapter.

The storyline was interesting, we finally sees Mana’s face that we Always have seen like an freak crazy clown -scared-, Allen once again cries a lot and made my heart broken :/ Johnny really showed how a best friend is like and when Kanda came with his dirty little Alma secret seemed a little yaoi to me xD but, I guess is Hoshino pleasing fanbases haha We didn’t saw the apo-kun –just in allen’s flashback- and I was hoping him to catch the Kanda group and fight with him. D:
The cliffhanger was the bad thing, I mean, HOW I AM SUPPOSED TO WAIT TWO MONTHS TO SEE HOW IT WILL BE? Damn Hoshino, I don’t know why you like to make us suffer like this every single month! T_T

I was hoping a little more fighting but, in the whole thing, I liked the chapter.
So as it stands, we need to correct language and typo's, and we're reaching the goal line.

There are two ways to do this the way I see it, either we each take on a color and correct the language and typo's ourselves, and then together take a look on each corrections, putting it together (slow version).
The speedy version on the other hand, we select someone from the team to do the typo's and language.

It could for example be that a good "story teller" corrects language, and one who is good with English checks the spellings and context.

Will post more tonight, if anyone have suggestions or voluntere for these jobs, let me know :)

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Sure, proofreading is good, but spending more time on the details than the actual review is a bad idea. IMHO, the whole review should be put together, someone (Cez?) should make a quick rundown, correct the most obvious typos, (forget everything about re-writing) and than post the final review. We've passed the original deadline already a week ago. We can improve our techniques next review.

Niko_kun

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Sure, proofreading is good, but spending more time on the details than the actual review is a bad idea. IMHO, the whole review should be put together, someone (Cez?) should make a quick rundown, correct the most obvious typos, (forget everything about re-writing) and than post the final review. We've passed the original deadline already a week ago. We can improve our techniques next review.
Agreed. This one is like an experiment because i think no one had never done it before, so the next one will be better (:

Quantized

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Just a little tired of this, you have to walk a fine line between teamwork and management, which is a very difficult thing -_-
It's much easier to just be direct and force people, afterall. But then, where is the teamwork?
Teamwork is what this is all about, removing the teamwork, then where is the team?

Anyhow, I'll put it together then.

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Just a little tired of this, you have to walk a fine line between teamwork and management, which is a very difficult thing -_-
It's much easier to just be direct and force people, afterall. But then, where is the teamwork?
Teamwork is what this is all about, removing the teamwork, then where is the team?

Anyhow, I'll put it together then.
Where's your enthusiasm? :gwah

Niko_kun

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
is it better if we wait for the 213 night ? its just 1 week far .... and we could separate the sections and stuff.... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.