Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 249 - Spoilers & Discussion | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 249 - Spoilers & Discussion

Ero-Sanji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Okay, having read the TCB scans it does seem as if Kenjaku is done. A fitting end, although a bit anticlimatic for my battle shounen mind. Like was his DE his, Geto's or Yuji's mom? And what exactly was his CT? I think we need some more context to him though, regarding Yuji's birth and his origins. Perhaps we'll get a flashback like the one we got with Gojo and Geto.

Yuta is so raw and that DE reminded me of Senbonsakura Kageyoshi.

Last edited:

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
And what exactly was his CT? I think we need some more context to him though, regarding Yuji's birth and his origins. Perhaps we'll get a flashback like the one we got with Gojo and Geto.
His technique was one that allowed him to swap bodies via the brain.

We already know what he thinks about Yuji, he considered him an almost successful experiment since he served as Sukuna's container, but I don't think he had any plans for him other than that.

CK85

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Greece
The DE is literally Unlimited Bladeworks. Heck Unlimited Bladeworks ALSO copies someone else's techniques in a way.

kingRoXaS

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Okay, having read the TCB scans it does seem as if Kenjaku is done. A fitting end, although a bit anticlimatic for my battle shounen mind. Like was his DE his, Geto's or Yuji's mom? And what exactly was his CT? I think we need some more context to him though, regarding Yuji's birth and his origins. Perhaps we'll get a flashback like the one we got with Gojo and Geto.

Kenjaku's DE is pretty much his own. I don't think a person can have two DE. Or Sukuna would have used Megumi's against Gojo.

Also the name of domain and the appearance matchs with Kenny history and deeds.

His inmate technique was living forever changing bodies.

We could get flashbacks to Yuji family origins but pretty much Yuji was his masterpiece, something related to the soul and obviously suppressing Sukuna.

Kenjaku expected great things from Itadori but not above his plan of merging Tengen with humanity

Ero-Sanji

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
His technique was one that allowed him to swap bodies via the brain.

We already know what he thinks about Yuji, he considered him an almost successful experiment since he served as Sukuna's container, but I don't think he had any plans for him other than that.
His inmate technique was living forever changing bodies.

We could get flashbacks to Yuji family origins but pretty much Yuji was his masterpiece, something related to the soul and obviously suppressing Sukuna.

Kenjaku expected great things from Itadori but not above his plan of merging Tengen with humanity
I know what his technique is obviously, but what are mechanisms behind it. How do you wake up one day and realise that you can swap bodies by inserting your brain into someone elses. This is the story I'd like to see. The same thing with Yuji, I know why and what he did but I'd like to know the context of it all. Why now? Why not Yuji's grandfather or any other ancestor?

The DE is literally Unlimited Bladeworks. Heck Unlimited Bladeworks ALSO copies someone else's techniques in a way.
Heard about it on social media but never seen it. To me, it reminded me of Senbonsakura. Raw nonetheless.

Kenjaku's DE is pretty much his own. I don't think a person can have two DE. Or Sukuna would have used Megumi's against Gojo.

Also the name of domain and the appearance matchs with Kenny history and deeds.
Sukuna didn't use Megumi's DE because by the time he started using Ten Shadows he was incapable of using DE. Remember Gojo wondered why he wasn't using ten shadows and then it was revealed that Megumi was tanking Infinite Void the whole time thus making it impossible for Sukuna to use his CT.

Agreed, the name does fit but what does switching bodies have to do with the actual sure hit? Again, what are the mechanics of his CT. What were the limits of abilites he could copy? Just the latest two or was him using the anti-gravity tech just like Sukuna using piercing blood, an insane feat based on pure understanding? I wish it got further examined.

kingRoXaS

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I know what his technique is obviously, but what are mechanisms behind it. How do you wake up one day and realise that you can swap bodies by inserting your brain into someone elses. This is the story I'd like to see. The same thing with Yuji, I know why and what he did but I'd like to know the context of it all. Why now? Why not Yuji's grandfather or any other ancestor?

Heard about it on social media but never seen it. To me, it reminded me of Senbonsakura. Raw nonetheless.

Sukuna didn't use Megumi's DE because by the time he started using Ten Shadows he was incapable of using DE. Remember Gojo wondered why he wasn't using ten shadows and then it was revealed that Megumi was tanking Infinite Void the whole time thus making it impossible for Sukuna to use his CT.

Agreed, the name does fit but what does switching bodies have to do with the actual sure hit? Again, what are the mechanics of his CT. What were the limits of abilites he could copy? Just the latest two or was him using the anti-gravity tech just like Sukuna using piercing blood, an insane feat based on pure understanding? I wish it got further examined.
Well, Sukuna didn't use Piercing Blood, refered as PB from now on.
He used Max Elephant water with PB hands instance.

And in no part during the fight it was made clear that Sukuna could have used Megumi DE(that was incomplete before). If he could, it was needed to use against Gojo because he won the match because of Mahoraga( I don't care about some dream sequence with Gojo talking out of character). Megumi DE allows him to freely use how he wants all of his shikigami, Mahoraga included now that's he was tamed. It's broken. Just like Yuta's DE and Gojo's UV.

Now for Kenjaku, well, even Gege might not know how discovered his technique.
He created a nice concept for a great villain and maybe that's it.
It could be expanded upon on databook or something but it's doesn't matter.

Kenjaku is the stain on Kamo family history.
Maybe he wasn't born with PB and was beaten up so badly while as a child and someday his head was so cracked up that he found out his brain had a mouth.

His domain, IMO, was purely aesthetic showing, some creepy themed aesthetic showing that went to show Tengen abilities with barriers and that he had some relevance on the fight
If we go that way, what was Yuki DE?

But right now it doesn't matter.

About Yuji's birth and family history with jujutsu... Some flashbacks could happen, even if on the last chapter.
But most of all, Kenjaku plan only worked out so well till now because of Toji.
Even Tengen explained this. All the situation with Toji impacted the story.

Now, Kenjaku went out to kill past Six Eyes users and Plasmas Vessels. He then stopped... For a reason(getting Kaori's body and birthing Yuji so he could put his plan back on track, because he made vows with lots of past sorceress and curses, including Uraume and Sukuna) and Toji just went and made his life easier without knowing.

Now, optimistically speaking, it would be great to expanded on those topics(incluind the one with Yuji has Sukuna's technique ingraved in him and being soaked in Sukuna's cursed energy too) till last chapter of JJK but part of me just thinks that Gege is tired and making all that's possible to end jujutsu before 2025. We are in February and January we got only 2 or 3 chapters I guess.
Something's will be left in the dust, even more if said things aren't NEEDED to explain.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I think more about Kenjaku's past when and if the author delves into the Heian era issue. We also need to understand, for example, why Sukuna became a monster and how he knows Tengen.

Regarding Yuji, we know that Kenjaku has begun to move the first real steps of his plan orchestrate Riko's death, which caused Tengen to transform into the being we see today.

Ero-Sanji

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I think more about Kenjaku's past when and if the author delves into the Heian era issue. We also need to understand, for example, why Sukuna became a monster and how he knows Tengen.

Regarding Yuji, we know that Kenjaku has begun to move the first real steps of his plan orchestrate Riko's death, which caused Tengen to transform into the being we see today.
Yeah, exactly. Kenjaku called Tengen his "old friend" I'd like to see more of that.

Also, Riko died after Yuji's birth. It doesn't explain why "Yuji" had to be born now and not say, five hundred years ago.

Well, Sukuna didn't use Piercing Blood, refered as PB from now on.
He used Max Elephant water with PB hands instance.
Exactly, he used the mechanisms of PB in order to execute a similar attack. Is that how Kenjaku uses gravity as well even though he doesn't inhabit Kaori's body?

And in no part during the fight it was made clear that Sukuna could have used Megumi DE(that was incomplete before). If he could, it was needed to use against Gojo because he won the match because of Mahoraga( I don't care about some dream sequence with Gojo talking out of character). Megumi DE allows him to freely use how he wants all of his shikigami, Mahoraga included now that's he was tamed. It's broken. Just like Yuta's DE and Gojo's UV.
It was VERY clear in the fight that Sukuna couldn't use Megumi's CT at all during the initial state of the fight. If he can't use the CT, he can't use the DE, come on now. Once he could use the Ten Shadows he couldn't do a domains. Also, it would be far better to stick with Malevolent Shrine, which doesn't need a barrier than to face Gojo in a pure barrier battle.

Now for Kenjaku, well, even Gege might not know how discovered his technique.
He created a nice concept for a great villain and maybe that's it.
It could be expanded upon on databook or something but it's doesn't matter.

Kenjaku is the stain on Kamo family history.
Maybe he wasn't born with PB and was beaten up so badly while as a child and someday his head was so cracked up that he found out his brain had a mouth.

His domain, IMO, was purely aesthetic showing, some creepy themed aesthetic showing that went to show Tengen abilities with barriers and that he had some relevance on the fight
If we go that way, what was Yuki DE?

But right now it doesn't matter.

About Yuji's birth and family history with jujutsu... Some flashbacks could happen, even if on the last chapter.
But most of all, Kenjaku plan only worked out so well till now because of Toji.
Even Tengen explained this. All the situation with Toji impacted the story.

Now, Kenjaku went out to kill past Six Eyes users and Plasmas Vessels. He then stopped... For a reason(getting Kaori's body and birthing Yuji so he could put his plan back on track, because he made vows with lots of past sorceress and curses, including Uraume and Sukuna) and Toji just went and made his life easier without knowing.

Now, optimistically speaking, it would be great to expanded on those topics(incluind the one with Yuji has Sukuna's technique ingraved in him and being soaked in Sukuna's cursed energy too) till last chapter of JJK but part of me just thinks that Gege is tired and making all that's possible to end jujutsu before 2025. We are in February and January we got only 2 or 3 chapters I guess.
Something's will be left in the dust, even more if said things aren't NEEDED to explain.
"Now for Kenjaku, well, even Gege might not know how discovered his technique"

Yeah, that's kind of the issue.

Last edited: