Quarterfinal - Laxus vs Zeref | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinal Laxus vs Zeref

Who wins this QF battle?

• Laxus

Votes: 34 39.1%
  • Zeref

Votes: 53 60.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I'd say Zeref. Immortality was a major part of Zeref's hype but even then, there were few times when he got beaten down to a level where immortality mattered. Laxus is strong, but I'd still say not strong enough to take out Zeref. If Laxus had gotten something like DF, I would've given this to him, but as it is, then Zeref takes this High diff

Am Shegar

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Healthy Laxus vs mortal FHless Zeref? Once upon a time Zeref could stop time and kill with aura. Those cool Zeref wins medium difficulty. The pussy we have now gets stomped hard. Can Zeref stop Laxus time?

Tirl

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Healthy Laxus vs mortal FHless Zeref? Once upon a time Zeref could stop time and kill with aura. Those cool Zeref wins medium difficulty. The pussy we have now gets stomped hard. Can Zeref stop Laxus time?
He can't bs timestop is restricted...

Laxus chan-yo

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Going with ma boy. The lightning slayer

Zeref is not weak. I admit he isn't weak and should prove to be a good fight. But what are his best feats again? His 2 most significant claims to fame are his immortality and FH but they are NOT factors. I tell you guys, Zeref is strong. He could tango with Natsu physically, he has death magic, but Laxus is simply stronger than base Zeref. He is a physical beast like Natsu, he is faster than Natsu, and he has a great command of his element like Natsu. His endurance is Godly and his casual attack power oneshots spriggans. So can Zeref but Zeref's offense is seriously lacking compared to Laxus from what we have seen.

Even if Zeref loses this fight that doesn't take away from his hype. Because he is disadvantaged. Someone almost Laxus level with immortality is insanely strong; stronger than any human in the world. Even above August perhaps. But ain't nobody beating dis raw nigga without their main asset.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Who are you all kidding? This manga has you F'd up lol

In no universe does Laxus win this.

Zeref mid diff

Zeref took igneel leveled attacks head on and kept coming. Saying it wasnt enough to kill him and no way is Laxus stronger than igneel powered natsu.

Laxus cannot burn magic like natsu can, all he has on zeref is speed and i have no doubt zeref can slow him down.

Ya'll high af

Last edited:

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Zeref rekts. He won't be pulling punches nor PIS from using his good spells such as timestop. Laxus can't put him down either.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Zeref rekts. He won't be pulling punches nor PIS from using his good spells such as timestop. Laxus can't put him down either.
Cant use timestop bro

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Zeref doesnt have health regen in this tournament? Didnt know that, Laxus wins Ultear style.
Only good thing Zeref has going for him is his immortality

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Cant use timestop bro
Oh well he still rekts with Death magic...

@Seven777 Even without immortality not even Igneel empowered Natsu could vaporize his body in one go so Zeref still has insane durability. Zeref is still above Laxus' paygrade even without immortality.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I'm facepalming so hard at the Zeref downplay. Current Natsu would rekt Laxus in one hit so I don't know why the hell people are saying bcs Natsu won Laxus can too. Current DF Natsu >>>> Igneel Empowered Natsu >>>>>> Laxus. Can you guys like stick to the characters actual feats and not use other characters feats for them? I swear...Erza smashed the meteor so so and so can do it also. END walked though time so so and so can do it also. Natsu beat Zeref by literally burning the fabric of time itself so so and so can do it also. That's not how it works guys. Just because one person shows the ability to do it doesn't automatically mean the other can too. That's like saying Pre-TS Laxus could beat Mard Geer bcs Natsu whooped him up in DF. Please use the characters own feats rather than scale off of other characters feats especially when the characters you are trying to scale them to were empowered by POF when they did those feats.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Oh well he still rekts with Death magic...

@Seven777 Even without immortality not even Igneel empowered Natsu could vaporize his body in one go so Zeref still has insane durability. Zeref is still above Laxus' paygrade even without immortality.
Laxus doesnt need vaporize Zeref, just knock him out like Ultear did.
Igneel powered Natsu was on a time limit, every second that went by drained more and more power, Laxus doesnt have to worry about that, especially since Zeref cant regen.
CQC Laxus beats down Zeref hard, at range he does the same, the only way Zeref wins is by tanking every attack Laxus throws at him until Laxus gets too tired to throw another. Can he do it? Maybe, but i'd still put my money on Laxus knocking him out. Tbh i think both Erza and Gray have a pretty decent chance of putting Zeref down too.
Base Natsu was handling Zeref pretty well(pre PoF guild power), and he's Jacob tier

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Yeah, pretty much this, not to mention Laxus's strongest move currently, Red Lightning honestly won't faze Zeref.
Laxus is strong yes, but I can't find a winning argument for Laxus here. How exactly will he down Zeref? He's a speesdter so he can dodge the death orbs instead of taking them head on like Natsu did with Igneel's power, but Zeref could always immobilize him then use a Death Pillar on him and end the fight in one blow.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Laxus doesnt need vaporize Zeref, just knock him out like Ultear did.
Igneel powered Natsu was on a time limit, every second that went by drained more and more power, Laxus doesnt have to worry about that, especially since Zeref cant regen.
CQC Laxus beats down Zeref hard, at range he does the same, the only way Zeref wins is by tanking every attack Laxus throws at him until Laxus gets too tired to throw another. Can he do it? Maybe, but i'd still put my money on Laxus knocking him out with half a dozen hits of Red Lightning. Tbh i even think Erza has a decent chance of putting Zeref down.
Ultear fought a sealed Zeref bcs his emotions weren't into the battle. He wasn't actually knocked out since once Acno came to play Zeref got up, and killed Zancrow easily.

Zeref kept up with an Igneel Empowered Natsu in CQC easily. He actually put more damage onto IgNatsu than IgNatsu did to him. If IgNatsu couldn't put him down after a good fight I do not see how Laxus who's inferior to IgNatsu by a lot is doing anything to Zeref. Zeref would smash Laxus in CQC.

Laxus can't put down Zeref. Not even Etherion had the power to at least down him for the count (he stated he has never been put out of commission like this after the fight with Natsu and we know Zeref tried very method possible to kill himself which obviously included Etherion).

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Ultear fought a sealed Zeref bcs his emotions weren't into the battle. He wasn't actually knocked out since once Acno came to play Zeref got up, and killed Zancrow easily.

Zeref kept up with an Igneel Empowered Natsu in CQC easily. He actually put more damage onto IgNatsu than IgNatsu did to him. If IgNatsu couldn't put him down after a good fight I do not see how Laxus who's inferior to IgNatsu by a lot is doing anything to Zeref. Zeref would smash Laxus in CQC.

Laxus can't put down Zeref. Not even Etherion had the power to at least down him for the count (he stated he has never been put out of commission like this after the fight with Natsu and we know Zeref tried very method possible to kill himself which obviously included Etherion).
Yes, i know, but Laxus isnt Ultear. And yes, he was knocked out and defeated.

Kept up with Igneel empowered Natsu? Easily? I dont think so, he clashed with him a few times sure, but IgNatsu was by far the superior combatant. IgNatsu was blitzing the crap out of him, Zeref landed a single hit on IgNatsu during the whole fight, IgNatsu landed a dozen. Besides IgNatsu prob isnt anymore skilled in CQC than normal Natsu.
Base Natsu dealt with Zeref just fine in CQC and base Natsu is jacob tier(not counting PoF guild power)

Zeref never had access to Etherion, besides Laxus doesnt have to kill him. Zeref was out off commission plenty against Ultear.

Unnamed Namesake

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Zeref takes this high diff. Laxus is pretty strong but I don't think he's stronger than FDKM Natsu. If Zeref can overpower FDKM Natsu then he could definately beat Laxus.
Apples to oranges.

Natsu's FDKM attack didn't even damage the people in the surrounding area, whereas Laxus completely vaporized the desert forest by simply raising his hand, and according to August, it was powerful enough to kill Ajeel.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, i know, but Laxus isnt Ultear. And yes, he was knocked out and defeated.

Kept up with Igneel empowered Natsu? Easily? I dont think so, he clashed with him a few times sure, but IgNatsu was by far the superior combatant. IgNatsu was blitzing the crap out of him, Zeref landed a single hit on IgNatsu during the whole fight, IgNatsu landed a dozen. Besides IgNatsu prob isnt anymore skilled in CQC than normal Natsu.
Base Natsu dealt with Zeref just fine in CQC and base Natsu is jacob tier(not counting PoF guild power)

Zeref never had access to Etherion, besides Laxus doesnt have to kill him. Zeref was out off commission plenty against Ultear.
No he wasn't. He already admitted that he's never been actually put out of commission before. As soon as he senses Acno he woke up and got serious. Zeref already told Pretch that he only lost to Ultear his magic was sealed due to his emotions.

Nah he beat up Natsu and gave him a big gash on his face. And Zeref wasn't even trying to kill Natsu at the time either lol. Zeref was keeping up with in the battle while holding back. Was he shocked that Natsu had that much power? Yeah but he stopped fighting mid battle just to let Natsu kill him lol. Even after the fight it showed Zeref instantly regenerate and was not looking fatigued at all while Natsu was severely exhausted. If Zeref actually tried to kill Natsu he would've won that battle.

Base Natsu was not dealing with Zeref fine. Zeref already admitted in the fight he was holding back in hopes that Natsu would reach the point needed for Natsu to kill him.

Wall had Etherion (and August most likely copied it) so Zeref did have access, and Zeref is genius he could've made his own Etherion or stole the council's if he actually wanted to.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Laxus should be able to beat Zeref with Red Lightning.

That is, if all his other previous lightning nukes fail... which I don't see happening.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
No he wasn't. He already admitted that he's never been actually put out of commission before. As soon as he senses Acno he woke up and got serious. Zeref already told Pretch that he only lost to Ultear his magic was sealed due to his emotions.

Nah he beat up Natsu and gave him a big gash on his face. And Zeref wasn't even trying to kill Natsu at the time either lol. Zeref was keeping up with in the battle while holding back. Was he shocked that Natsu had that much power? Yeah but he stopped fighting mid battle just to let Natsu kill him lol. Even after the fight it showed Zeref instantly regenerate and was not looking fatigued at all while Natsu was severely exhausted. If Zeref actually tried to kill Natsu he would've won that battle.

Base Natsu was not dealing with Zeref fine. Zeref already admitted in the fight he was holding back in hopes that Natsu would reach the point needed for Natsu to kill him.

Wall had Etherion (and August most likely copied it) so Zeref did have access, and Zeref is genius he could've made his own Etherion or stole the council's if he actually wanted to.
Yeah, he was.
What he said against Natsu just means hes never had his ass kicked so hard.

Ha, ye, and that gash was the only hit he actually landed. You mean like how he tried and failed to win against base Natsu? Zeref was giviing it his all against IgNatsu, thats why he was shooting Death Waves and crap. We're long past the point where we can pretend that Zeref was "just holding back" we've just got to face the facts, Zeref is as weak as he looks.

Oh, you meant Wahl's Etherion? Sure, that attack isnt killing Zeref.

~Charging Lightning~

Reaction score
Country
United States
Zeref is nerfed hard in this tourney. I voted for him over Invel because Invel's reaction feats and speed feats are pretty crap. Laxus on the other hand is much faster than Invel. I can't see too many of Zeref's attacks hitting Laxus and since he can't regenerate then it's possible for Laxus to put him down. If Zeref wasn't nerfed he would stomp but because he is I'm rolling with Laxus.
Zeref took igneel leveled attacks head on and kept coming.
1. "Zeref cannot use time magic, cannot regenerate, and has no access to Fairy Heart."
and i have no doubt zeref can slow him down.
1. "Zeref cannot use time magic, cannot regenerate, and has no access to Fairy Heart."
Ya'll high af

Seems to me that the person that's high af is the one that didn't read any of the rules :lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.