Quarterfinal - Laxus vs Zeref | Page 15 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinal Laxus vs Zeref

Who wins this QF battle?

• Laxus

Votes: 34 39.1%
  • Zeref

Votes: 53 60.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biri Biri

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Laxus is massively overrated in this thread.

Yes, Laxus's speed and power feats are remarkable in comparison to the overwhelming majority of the cast, but would he honestly be able to close the gap with his speed against a legendary wizard who has an arsenal of spells he can use casually when he hasn't lost his mind?

From immobilizing mages instantly (Kain and Rustyrose), casting a lethal spell that renders the target helpless (Makarov), to his death aura effectively rendering him untouchable? Laxus hasn't shown anything that could counter Zeref's spells. His only hope is Fairy Law, and with the time it takes for the spell to cast, I can easily see Zeref disposing of Laxus.

Zeref stomps within 2-3 moves, pick whatever spell I've mentioned and more. Absolutely no contest.

I'm amazed this is actually generating this much discussion to begin with.
You disappoint me, Phenomiracle. :pwnge

Were you not aware that even on their best day, Kain and Rusty cannot lace Laxus' boot? Makarov did not attempt to put up a fight. And the immobilizing spell was promptly negated the moment Mest, yes Mest of all holy margaritas, jumped in and successfully teleported both Makarov and himself away from the spell unharmed.

Zeref untouchable? He has been countered more times than Gray has stripped.

Seems like the heretics have poisoned the mind of a brother.

I am serious.

Fairy Heart does not give Zeref the chance to compete against Acnologia. Combined with the Timelapse, it gives him the chance to reverse time.

Never once was it stated that FH increased his attack power. It did, however, give him infinite magical power.

Quite honestly, this whole war has been a lie. Zeref sold it to the Alvarez Empire that they were going to defeat Acnologia with FH. But his true goal was to reset time and live with his brother, Natsu, 400 years ago.
So you are telling me you agree having infinite magical power raises one statistics, but such stats amplification does not translate to greater effectiveness in combat?

Having an unlimited amount of magic power for a mage increases their attack potency, be it whether it's through higher damage output or additonal powers and abilities. End of. I cannot visualize how this is even questionable.

In Mashima's words, Zeref desired FH so badly because he wanted to travel back in to time, where all this crap even begun, so he could defeat Acnologia and prevent himself and the world from going through the same predicament as the present timeline did again. Neo Eclipse is, but just a step in his plan to achieve his goal.

In a fight, Laxus will whoop Zeref's ass any time of the day. Even a blinfolded Stevie Wonder in his basement can see this.

#InLaxusWeTrust

Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Like..

Are we seriously stating that Zeref is "featless" here..

He can literally kill any living thing he desires.
And yet he never killed Natsu, not without Fairy Heart, or majority of the enemies in this war. Hard to argue with his ability to kill any living thing when the last time he did that was arcs ago.

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
But those guys have already proved their Magical power. August beat OS alone and would've beaten Gildarts too. Irene changed the geography of an entire continent. Laxus' feats aren't as impressive as those. And no!, I said Gray isn't as weak as people are making him out to be. At this point he's probably the 6th strongest in Ishgar.

Dude I specifically mentioned that Makarov was weaker than Laxus
Ur not getting the point ur saying that spell is instantaneous so by ur logic august and Irene can't react because it work on makarov :cookiehand thatvlike saying that Irene animal transmutation will work on any1 cause it worked on a fodder. His spell work on a makarov tier lvl who wasn't tryna to fight. Laxus can dodge it with his lighting body. @BluePegasus smh reread the post between @Invel > Zeref and @Enima u will understand why I brought that up

Enima

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Ur not getting the point ur saying that spell is instantaneous so by ur logic august and Irene can't react because it work on makarov :cookiehand thatvlike saying that Irene animal transmutation will work on any1 cause it worked on a fodder. His spell work on a makarov tier lvl who wasn't tryna to fight. Laxus can dodge it with his lighting body. @BluePegasus smh reread the post between @Invel > Zeref and @Enima u will understand why I brought that up
Yeah, Makarov is weaker than Laxus but he's still top tier. If Ishgar had a spriggan 12 Makarov will be in it. If Zeref was able to trap Makarov with no effort at all, then he can do the same with Laxus, it would just be a little bit harder. Zeref trapped Makarov WITH NO EFFORT AT ALL, Laxus would be harder than Makarov but Zeref would be able to do it.

Laxus' best offensive feat was knocking out a low-mid tier spriggan. Zeref's best defense feat was tanking Igneel powered Natsu. I could ask the same question, what makes you think Laxus' attacks would work on Zeref?

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, Makarov is weaker than Laxus but he's still top tier. If Ishgar had a spriggan 12 Makarov will be in it. If Zeref was able to trap Makarov with no effort at all, then he can do the same with Laxus, it would just be a little bit harder. Zeref trapped Makarov WITH NO EFFORT AT ALL, Laxus would be harder than Makarov but Zeref would be able to do it.

Laxus' best offensive feat was knocking out a low-mid tier spriggan. Zeref's best defense feat was tanking Igneel powered Natsu. I could ask the same question, what makes you think Laxus' attacks would work on Zeref?
lol doesn't matter if makarov is spriggan tier lvl being spriggan tier doesn't mean there isn't gap between the rank. Example august and neinhart. If anything makarov would be a low tier spriggan and laxus is a high tier sprrigan. Zeref wouldn't trap him end game. Laxus best offensive feat beat a guy that was immune to his lighting how do u know it wouldn't be more effective on a guy that isn't immune to it? Vs a guy who is immortal and tanking ig natsu attack because of that perk how do U know he can tank those attack without his immortality?

Enima

Reaction score
Country
Australia
lol doesn't matter if makarov is spriggan tier lvl being spriggan tier doesn't mean there isn't gap between the rank. Example august and neinhart. If anything makarov would be a low tier spriggan and laxus is a high tier sprrigan. Zeref wouldn't trap him end game. Laxus best offensive feat beat a guy that was immune to his lighting how do u know it wouldn't be more effective on a guy that isn't immune to it? Vs a guy who is immortal and tanking ig natsu attack because of that perk how do U know he can tank those attack without his immortality?
But Laxus isn't that powerful. He's still below the likes of Gildarts and Natsu. Wahl wasn't Immune to red lightning, he was only immune to normal lightning.

Zeref's Immortality didn't help him survive Natsu's attacks. He wasn't even defeated. Immortality means eternal life. It doesn't prevent Zeref from getting knocked out or overpowered. As mentioned in chapter 537, Zeref's injuries don't heal instantaneously. In the fight against Ignatsu Zeref tanked all the hits with his own power, not with immortality.

Status
Not open for further replies.