Quarterfinal - Laxus vs Zeref | Page 13 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinal Laxus vs Zeref

Who wins this QF battle?

• Laxus

Votes: 34 39.1%
  • Zeref

Votes: 53 60.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unnamed Namesake

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
What ways to immobilize his opponents are you talking about? The one that Laxus could easily escape with lightning body or the one whose only feat is immobilizing an old man who isn't even spriggan level?
The only people Zeref ever immobilized were Kain and Rusty Rose because they were shitting their pants after he killed Hades. Zeref doesn't use any immobilization magic. The only magics he's shown to know are lightning, fire, fairy (though this may seem like a subcategory, since Hades used a different type of Law magic and the Law spell was noted as being a type of black magic), chain, plant, enchantment, and the death magic he got from Ankhseram.

Enima

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
The only people Zeref ever immobilized were Kain and Rusty Rose because they were shitting their pants after he killed Hades. Zeref doesn't use any immobilization magic. The only magics he's shown to know are lightning, fire, fairy (though this may seem like a subcategory, since Hades used a different type of Law magic and the Law spell was noted as being a type of black magic), chain, plant, enchantment, and the death magic he got from Ankhseram.
He used one against Makarov.

coolerthanzerok

Reaction score
Country
United States
And the one Natsu broke out of with DragonForce. Thank goodness for lightning body being the hardest of hard counters to that particular spell though.

Pirate Queen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
What ways to immobilize his opponents are you talking about? The one that Laxus could easily escape with lightning body or the one whose only feat is immobilizing an old man who isn't even spriggan level?
Oh the old man that still had enough magic to wipe out a massive chuck of alvarez troops enhanced bt the worlds greatest enchantress. Yeah, that old man. Cut the shit, markarov may have been old but he could put up a fight. But that was just one

He immobilized natsu, which took dragon force level fire to burn through the magic

And there is zero proof laxus can use lightening body to escape immobilization since it hasnt occured in the manga, so that is pure speculation

When is this round gunna be over so we can get past this foolishness. People are seriously reaching here, its painful.

Zeref august and natsu should have never been in this tournament. Way too powerful that they have to be nerfed or makes people invent imaginary feats so that they can be challenged.

We either have people saying laxus isnt a top tier mage(foolish) or that laxus can defeat a 400 year old magical genius who keeps 12 mages in line who were continent level threats by themselves(even more foolish)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
You know what? Lol nevermind. Ignore everything ove said up to this point. No use responding, i wont be back to discuss this further. This is not an omission of defeat, but just give up trying to convince others of the obvious.

May the best mage win.

Apologies for any people i may have upset, see you all in the next stage.:verily

coolerthanzerok

Reaction score
Country
United States
No, he used an enveloping orb that was supposed to kill Makarov. It's not any kind of stasis.

I'm not convinced that particular orb was meant to kill him, just to detain him. Zeref has faster more reliable ways to kill people. I believe that one was just a spell used to trap Makarov. The killing was too follow.

Invel > Zeref

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh the old man that still had enough magic to wipe out a massive chuck of alvarez troops enhanced bt the worlds greatest enchantress. Yeah, that old man. Cut the shit, markarov may have been old but he could put up a fight. But that was just one
You seriously think that Makorov, the guy who had to sacrifice himself against enhanced fodder, and was scared of Ajeel is comparable in any way to Laxus?
And there is zero proof laxus can use lightening body to escape immobilization since it hasnt occured in the manga, so that is pure speculation
So what if there is no definitive proof? I am not sure what you think this is but the tournament is supposed to be based on speculation that stems from logic. I already explained this but lightning body allows Laxus to turn his body into lightning, an intangible form. Zeref's paralysis magic works by wrapping itself around his opponent, restraining their movements and choking them. It seems like basic logic that the ability to assume an intangible form would allow him to escape a magic like this

When is this round gunna be over so we can get past this foolishness. People are seriously reaching here, its painful.
You seem to be the one who's reaching. You can believe whatever you want but stop trying to make it seem that people who disagree with you are foolish especially when you haven't made any convincing arguments.

Enima

Reaction score
Country
Australia
You seriously think that Makorov, the guy who had to sacrifice himself against enhanced fodder, and was scared of Ajeel is comparable in any way to Laxus?
Natsu, Gray and Erza were scared of Ajeel too. Erza and other guild members were having trouble handling few of those enhanced fodders while makarov destroyed 80% of them.

So what if there is no definitive proof? I am not sure what you think this is but the tournament is supposed to be based on speculation that stems from logic. I already explained this but lightning body allows Laxus to turn his body into lightning, an intangible form. Zeref's paralysis magic works by wrapping itself around his opponent, restraining their movements and choking them. It seems like basic logic that the ability to assume an intangible form would allow him to escape a magic like this
He never used it against Jura or any of the other mages he fought against, so looks like it doesn't work the way you think it does. And it was never mentioned that Zeref's magic only works on physical bodies, why shouldn't it work against logia types?.

Invel > Zeref

Reaction score
Country
United States
What is this "intangible" thing? When did Laxus become a logia devil fruit user?
Laxus could turn his body into lightning and lightning is intangible. I don't get why that is difficult for people to understand. It seems very simple
Natsu, Gray and Erza were scared of Ajeel too. Erza and other guild members were having trouble handling few of those enhanced fodders while makarov destroyed 80% of them.
The dude had to sacrifice himself to do it. They were enhanced but so was Neinhart and he got one shotted. You honestly think beating fodders is a good enough feat to make him comparable to Laxus?
He never used it against Jura or any of the other mages he fought against, so looks like it doesn't work the way you think it does. And it was never mentioned that Zeref's magic only works on physical bodies, why shouldn't it work against logia types?.
Actually he did use it on Jura at the end of chapter 320 to land his first hit. So what if it was never stated? We already say what the paralysis technique used against Natsu does. It wraps around his opponent, choking them, and restraining their movements. I'll explain this as simply as possible. The magic has to touch his opponent to bind them but intangible=unable to be touched or grasped. See the logic there yet? Saying it works on intangible forms is an assumption based on zero feats.

Enima

Reaction score
Country
Australia
The dude had to sacrifice himself to do it. They were enhanced but so was Neinhart and he got one shotted. You honestly think beating fodders is a good enough feat to make him comparable to Laxus?
Like i already said, Erza was having trouble with 10-15 of them. Makarov took down 80% of them which is about 800,000. Also Zeref caught Makarov with no difficulty, maybe he'll have low difficulty with Laxus

Actually he did use it on Jura at the end of chapter 320 to land his first hit. So what if it was never stated? We already say what the paralysis technique used against Natsu does. It wraps around his opponent, choking them, and restraining their movements. I'll explain this as simply as possible. The magic has to touch his opponent to bind them but intangible=unable to be touched or grasped. See the logic there yet? Saying it works on intangible forms is an assumption based on zero feats.
No he didn't. I read chapter 320 and 321, Laxus never used that form. If you think he did please attach the page in which he does.

Yeah but going by feats Zeref has tanked multiple Dragon level attacks and was still standing. Do you have any feats that suggest Laxus has Igneel's level of attack power? because Laxus can go on all day and Zeref would still be standing.

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
heh Laxus never showed intangible feats.

it works in theory but he technically never showed it.

we cannot give him powers which he doesn't possess.

same implies to Zeref and August.

they may know a bunch of magics but we cannot give them DS, GS, Pistol or Territory magic because they never showed it.
Yeah but going by feats Zeref has tanked multiple Dragon level attacks and was still standing. Do you have any feats that suggest Laxus has Igneel's level of attack power? because Laxus can go on all day and Zeref would still be standing.

Unnamed Namesake

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm not convinced that particular orb was meant to kill him, just to detain him. Zeref has faster more reliable ways to kill people. I believe that one was just a spell used to trap Makarov. The killing was too follow.
But how can someone in Fairy Tail attempt to kill someone without monologuing the exposition to their victim who's about to die, making the whole thing moot? Like, if you're about to kill someone, why even explain your plan at all? Zeref, you big, dumb idiot.

Nevertheless, it's not about speed. Mashima needed to drag it out so that Zeref could say his monologue, and just before his attack can kill Makarov, Mest jumps in. In an actual setting, Zeref could have killed him outright, but the story needed Makarov alive. Kind of like Laxus was able to have an entire identity crisis before Hades attack hit him.

Invel > Zeref

Reaction score
Country
United States
Like i already said, Erza was having trouble with 10-15 of them. Makarov took down 80% of them which is about 800,000. Also Zeref caught Makarov with no difficulty, maybe he'll have low difficulty with Laxus
You seriously using a suicide spell to argue that Makarov is comparable to Laxus? Fine then Injured Gray=Zeref because of iced shell.
No he didn't. I read chapter 320 and 321, Laxus never used that form. If you think he did please attach the page in which he does.
It is the last panel before he uppercuts Jura. You see the lightning bolt that Laxus turned into before he rematerializes to punch him in last page of 320
What feats do 'dragon level attacks' have that post time-skip Laxus can't replicate? Dragons were a threat in tartorus but now they are getting one shotted by Erza and tossed around by a ship that Wahl Icht easily destroyed.

Unnamed Namesake

Reaction score
Country
Canada

they may know a bunch of magics but we cannot give them DS, GS, Pistol or Territory magic because they never showed it.

We know August can because he imitates people's magic. DS magic is just a type of Lost Magic, like Jellal's Heavenly Body, which he was able to imitate and master.

Invel > Zeref

Reaction score
Country
United States

If he showed the ability to turn into Lightning, then he also showed the ability to turn intangible because LIGHTNING IS INTANGIBLE.

Enima

Reaction score
Country
Australia
You seriously using a suicide spell to argue that Makarov is comparable to Laxus? Fine then Injured Gray=Zeref because of iced shell.

It is the last panel before he uppercuts Jura. You see the lightnng bolt that Laxus turned into before he rematerializes to punch hi in last page of 320

What feats do 'dragon level attacks' have that post time-skip Laxus can't replicate? Dragons were a threat in tartorus but now they are getting one shotted by Erza and tossed around by a shp that Wahl Icht easily destroyed.
Nah bruh! Injured Gray x 100= Zeref (lost element, remember!)

Laxus was releasing lightning he never turned into lightning. If he did, can you attach the page?

Dragon got one shotted, you mean dragon slayer? I was talking about the dragon that managed to rip off Acno's arm in a half dead state. Don't tell me that's not Impressive:3c

PoF BRUH:derp

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia

Laxus was releasing lightning he never turned into lightning. If he did, can you attach the page?
he turned into lightning against Mystogan and Hades.

which is above IgNatsu.

my take on it is that IgNatsu has the pwoer to kill an immortal but its not really THAT strong as some people are making it out to be.

Last edited:

Invel > Zeref

Reaction score
Country
United States
That doesn't make any sense. It may be more powerful than normal iced shell but it's still Gray's own power that he was able to master. Injured Gray x 1=Zeref by your logic

Fine then chapter 245 the panel before he kicks Hades in the back. That Lightning bolt is Laxus
Dragon got one shotted, you mean dragon slayer? I was talking about the dragon that managed to rip off Acno's arm in a half dead state. Don't tell me that's not Impressive:3c
Yeah that is very impressive but that's due to Igneel's dragon physicals. It isn't a feat of his flames at all

Enima

Reaction score
Country
Australia
he turned into lightning against Mystogan and Hades.
He didn't use it to avoid an attack. Maybe it enables him to move faster but doesn't make him intangible.

which is above IgNatsu.

my take on is that IgNatsu has the pwoer to kill an immortal but its not really THAT strong as some people are making it out to be.
Well, PoF is inconsistent but even if it's stronger than FDKM that doesn't mean FDKM is weak. I bet Natsu can beat Acno with PoF, so that doesn't count.

That doesn't make any sense. It may be more powerful than normal iced shell but it's still Gray's own power that he was able to master. Injured Gray x 1=Zeref by your logic

Fine then chapter 245 the panel before he kicks Hades in the back. That Lightning bolt is Laxus

Yeah that is very impressive but that's due to Igneel's dragon physicals. It isn't a feat of his flames at all
He erases his existence to make his magic more powerful, kinda like 3rd origin. It's more than Gray's own power. And I should remind you that Gray is not leagues below Zeref. He fought END(END one shotted Dimaria)

I was talking about it's application in combat. Has he ever used it to dodge an attack?

But It was due to his MP right. Elfman looks much bigger and stronger than human Acno, do you think he can rip off Human acno's arm. MP also affects physical capabilities. Natsu was much weaker (Physically) in edolas because he didn't have any magical power.

Status
Not open for further replies.