Quarterfinal - Laxus vs Zeref | Page 12 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinal Laxus vs Zeref

Who wins this QF battle?

• Laxus

Votes: 34 39.1%
  • Zeref

Votes: 53 60.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Come on now mate, you cannot be serious.

It was only explained recently the main reason why Zeref truly fears Acnologia is because Zeref himself knows he will suffer a fate worse than death. While Acnologia cannot kill him due to his immortality, neither can Zeref kill Acnologia due to the gap in their powers, and Acnologia's ability to eat magic. As such, Acnologia can essentially turn Zeref and Mavis into his stress ball/chew toy while he wipes out the rest of humanity. For eternity.

By absorbing FH, it gives Zeref the chance to compete against Acnologia. A fighting chance to defeat him, and avoid the fate he fears so. What good does it do if FH only supplies Zeref with purely unlimited supply of magic power? It would only serve to prolong his suffering. It is because we have seen that this source of magic power granted from FH enables Zeref additional powers and abilities, which actually translates into greater strength, for him to threaten Acnologia's reign. That was what Zeref and his empire was banking on since day one. Otherwise, FH is redundant.

Yes, indeed it did. Killing is an emphatic term, but it should be applied within context as to who it killed. Hades was already out of magic power, and by then was physically obsolete to put up a fight. We have no clue how it would perform against someone ready to thrown down the gauntlet. And I disagree with you to use power scaling, as we are all aware by now how screwed up it is in this series.

Again I beg to differ. Base on what was displayed during the exchange, Zeref's attacks were effortlessly intercepted and dispelled by Natsu. We have seen how Laxus can maneuvre his attacks from various angles, ranging from summoning them from external sources such as the skies, or the ground, expelling it from his body, for melee and from a distance, with rapid succession and little to no gestures which implies requiring time to charge or gather energy.

Some of us seem to have preconceived notions regarding the power level amongst the characters. However Laxus is one of the strongest base on both feats and portrayal. In his introduction, he completely resisted Mystogan's sleeping magic, while everyone else succumbed to it. Only Makarov was capable of withstanding it to an extent, but still affected him enough to cause drowsiness. During his fight with Mystogan, Laxus was hit with a spell that took so long to set up that Mystogan needed to use illusions to keep him occupied and buy himself sufficient time to cast it. When Laxus figured this out, he dispelled the illusion and just fired off an equally powerful attack instantly.

Laxus toyed with Erza, who was already strong enough to be a Wizard Saint then, and completely overwhelmed both Natsu and Gajeel in a handicap fight, once he unleashed his dragon slayer magic. Laxus arrogance was what led to his defeat. He was casting ridiculously powerful and costly spells when he never actually needed to. It caused him to wear himself out, and made it even possible, for Natsu to beat him.

However, he's since grown out of this and got rid of his teenage angst. In his fight with Hades, it was clear Mashima has already portrayed his fighting style to improve and became a lot more grounded and sensible in his approach and mentality. Laxus' performance against Hades was certainly more impressive than Makarov's. He was the one who fought Hades, while Gildarts fought his second in command in Bluenote. Laxus was also the one who used his body as the medium for FT in the encounter with Acnologia. While Gildarts remained a bystander throughout.

Despite being suspended in frozen animation for seven years with the rest, Laxus defeated Jura in the GMG. The Jura who was the fifth WS, and favourite pastime is actually dedicating himself to training.

And the same Jura whose fight with Jellal was unconcluded with an ambiguous ending. Who knew with seven years of training, or obliterating dark guilds like Oracion Seis, how much of an improvement would Laxus have over his peers?

In addition, apart from the lightning dragon slayer lacrima in his body, Laxus never received any form of power up from anything. He did not have to unlock his Second Origin to make up for lost time and even the playing field. The same which cannot be said of these guys.

Laxus only gave, but didn't receive any power, aside from one handicap after another. Even other side characters such as Gajeel and Levy acquired shadow dragon slayer magic and second origin release respectively. Laxus obtained magic barrier particles which only cause him sickness and debilitating condition to fight. Doesn't matter though. Laxus is Laxus, so he still survives and win. He was taken out at the beginning because it would make zero sense for Laxus to not beat Mard Geer in Tartaros.

Laxus has came a long way, and matured into one of the strongest and dependable fighters. Not just on Ishgar's side, but the entire series. He has not taken any shortcuts while doing so, his growth rate is steady but constant, and the speed and potential he has blows someone like Jellal out of the water. I do feel Jellal reach the height of his potential far earlier than Laxus did. But from we have seen so far, we have enough reason to believe Laxus will end up the most powerful out of him, Gildarts, Jellal and Jura.

Food for thought, eh?
Thank you! I can't believe the amount of Laxus haters. So many haters hating on Laxus that they're voting against him. Their haterade quenches us though. So much hater hate.

I think the idea of where he lands tier-wise is kinda irrelevant. He's not fighting Natsu, he's fighting handicapped Zeref. Laxus is very high tier having nearly one-shot a Spriggan that would've beaten Erza straight up while riddled with tumors. He's got speed, AoE, single target nukes, impressive CQC, and crazy durability. Laxus hasn't lost a fight since Tenrou island and fighting a healthy Hades. He's not going to win this tournament because Natsu and August are both simply stronger. That doesn't mean that he doesn't share a tier with Gildartz and the stronger Spriggans.
Exactly. I mean, Laxus was one of the ones considered to be Makarov's successor along with Gildarts, and both along with Mystogan were hyped to be the strongest of the guild. To put Natsu above Laxus without much proof is just ridiculous, especially when Laxus has always been hyped and backed it up.
Laxus is massively overrated in this thread.

Yes, Laxus's speed and power feats are remarkable in comparison to the overwhelming majority of the cast, but would he honestly be able to close the gap with his speed against a legendary wizard who has an arsenal of spells he can use casually when he hasn't lost his mind?

From immobilizing mages instantly (Kain and Rustyrose), casting a lethal spell that renders the target helpless (Makarov), to his death aura effectively rendering him untouchable? Laxus hasn't shown anything that could counter Zeref's spells. His only hope is Fairy Law, and with the time it takes for the spell to cast, I can easily see Zeref disposing of Laxus.

Zeref stomps within 2-3 moves, pick whatever spell I've mentioned and more. Absolutely no contest.

I'm amazed this is actually generating this much discussion to begin with.
The thing is, how many spells did he use against Natsu? Off the top of my head, I can't remember more than two or three, it's mainly been a hand-to-hand combat. Without immortality or healing, Zeref is at a disadvantage here, although he can freeze Laxus.

Invel > Zeref

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
No, magic power is indirectly correlated to attack power. It increases a mage's overall stats, that I have always believed in. But it is not the same as increasing attack power which is more noticeable in a normal power-up/mode (Igneel's flames, FDKM, etc.). A prime example is Mavis. She is pretty weak despite having a lot of magic power.
Mavis is a pretty horrible example because she doesn't even use offensive magic. The point is that gaining more magic power makes the magic someone uses more powerful. For Mavis, a non-offensive fighter, this would mean just larger, better illusions, but for people who actually use offensive magic their attack power will increase as they gain more magic power. This seems logical, was established throughout the story, and was reinforced by power-ups like second and third origin.
Note: I am not saying that having more magic power than someone else also means that they have greater attack power,but I am saying that if one person gains more magic power than they had before, their magic's power, whether offensive or non-offensive, will correspondingly increase

coolerthanzerok

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
No, magic power is indirectly correlated to attack power. It increases a mage's overall stats, that I have always believed in. But it is not the same as increasing attack power which is more noticeable in a normal power-up/mode (Igneel's flames, FDKM, etc.). A prime example is Mavis. She is pretty weak despite having a lot of magic power.

If I may ask, in which way has Laxus' feats demonstrated better strength than Zeref's? I'm not asking for panels of Laxus exemplifying immense strength in the past like many users have provided. I'm asking for panels of Laxus showing attacks that could potentially put Zeref down, while keeping his durability in mind.

I'm being pretty lenient here by giving Laxus some credit. If it makes everyone else happy, I'll gladly raise Zeref's difficulty. But to say Laxus wins this without any evidence of his current feats just makes me more inclined to vote for Zeref.

I know for a fact we all agree that Natsu's fight with Zeref was completely unrealistic and fueled by PiS, PoF, etc. Hence, why I discard it. If you ignore it just like me, then this wouldn't be a topic of discussion. But if you're willing to accept that Base Natsu is the strongest in the verse, you cannot say Zeref is fodder. Logically, that just doesn't make any sense.

Zeref, who was the strongest mage in the verse beforehand, was defeated by the strongest mage in the verse currently. Taking everything into account, Zeref should now be ranked as the 2nd strongest mage in the verse, considering this is the only opponent he ever lost to. I see no reason to put him at fodder level because of this.
The only reason Mavis is that weak is because she literally doesn't have attack spells. Period. She has no offensive magic, so no matter what kind of multiplier she gets from Fairy Heart, anything times zero is zero. You're correct about it bein an indirect correlation between magic power and attack power, but there's still a correlation. Zeref gained power against Natsu and still whiffed against power of friendship.

And it seems like most of your arguments rely simply on Zeref hype, which is real. The issue is he's actually lacking demonstrable proof of just how deep his power is, which is why I can't vote for him. He doesn't have unlimited durability, and any functional durability he gets from his regeneration, which I believe is non-zero, is restricted. Zeref, as far as I'm concerned, while the strongest mage in the verse, has fallen victim to a negligent author. In terms of actual magnitude of fight, if I showed someone with no familiarity with Fairy Tail the Zeref vs. Natsu fight (either one) and the Laxus vs. Natsu and Gajeel fight without telling them which came first, they wouldn't be able to really tell who was stronger. Things are blowing up just as big, hits look just as strong. Now, my point isn't that strengths at those two points are comparable, just that Zeref's one and only measuring stick for his ability to fight, Natsu, is a wildly inconsistent one. Zeref's true level of power is completely unconfirmed. Honestly, they shouldn't have had him compete in this tournament because of how vague his strengths and weaknesses are. His hype as the strongest is real. I just wish Mashima had made his fights more dynamic so "the strongest evil dark mage" didn't just brawl and throw generic projectiles. No one claims Zeref is fodder, when I vote Lexus, I think it'd be high difficulty because frankly, Zeref IS capable of doing real damage. He straight up tore a chunk off of Natsu's face whold Natsu had Igneel's power. Fodder can't do that. I just think Laxus would've faired as well or better against Natsu given his speed, durability, intelligence, and offenses. (And still lost)

Zeref has all the hype and none of the results. After hasn't won a single fight, despite being the strongest in the verse. The characters he subdued to a one haven't resisted. Is simply unimpressive. They should've given him a sacrificial lamb like Grey, Gildartz, or Laxus if they wanted his combat skill to be taken seriously beyond just hype. As far as big bads go, he is demonstrably weaker than those in almost every other manga I've read, based on feats alone, even if he's hyped to be a physical God.

Invel > Zeref

Reaction score
Country
United States
If I may ask, in which way has Laxus' feats demonstrated better strength than Zeref's? I'm not asking for panels of Laxus exemplifying immense strength in the past like many users have provided. I'm asking for panels of Laxus showing attacks that could potentially put Zeref down, while keeping his durability in mind.
How about you show me Zeref's attacks that could potentially put Laxus down, while keeping both his speed, durability, ability to turn intangible with lightning body, and raw power in mind. There is no definitive proof that Laxus' lightning nukes and red lightning could manage to get past Zeref's durability, but there is also no proof or feats that show that any of Zeref's attacks can get past Laxus' abilities too
Taking everything into account, Zeref should now be ranked as the 2nd strongest mage in the verse, considering this is the only opponent he ever lost to. I see no reason to put him at fodder level because of this.
Base Zeref never lost to anyone but he also never beat anyone in a real fight either. I'm not calling him fodder but there is no way I'm putting him anywhere close to second strongest in the verse without fairy heart.

Last edited:

Enima

Reaction score
Country
Australia
The only reason Mavis is that weak is because she literally doesn't have attack spells. Period. She has no offensive magic, so no matter what kind of multiplier she gets from Fairy Heart, anything times zero is zero. You're correct about it bein an indirect correlation between magic power and attack power, but there's still a correlation. Zeref gained power against Natsu and still whiffed against power of friendship.

And it seems like most of your arguments rely simply on Zeref hype, which is real. The issue is he's actually lacking demonstrable proof of just how deep his power is, which is why I can't vote for him. He doesn't have unlimited durability, and any functional durability he gets from his regeneration, which I believe is non-zero, is restricted. Zeref, as far as I'm concerned, while the strongest mage in the verse, has fallen victim to a negligent author. In terms of actual magnitude of fight, if I showed someone with no familiarity with Fairy Tail the Zeref vs. Natsu fight (either one) and the Laxus vs. Natsu and Gajeel fight without telling them which came first, they wouldn't be able to really tell who was stronger. Things are blowing up just as big, hits look just as strong. Now, my point isn't that strengths at those two points are comparable, just that Zeref's one and only measuring stick for his ability to fight, Natsu, is a wildly inconsistent one. Zeref's true level of power is completely unconfirmed. Honestly, they shouldn't have had him compete in this tournament because of how vague his strengths and weaknesses are. His hype as the strongest is real. I just wish Mashima had made his fights more dynamic so "the strongest evil dark mage" didn't just brawl and throw generic projectiles. No one claims Zeref is fodder, when I vote Lexus, I think it'd be high difficulty because frankly, Zeref IS capable of doing real damage. He straight up tore a chunk off of Natsu's face whold Natsu had Igneel's power. Fodder can't do that. I just think Laxus would've faired as well or better against Natsu given his speed, durability, intelligence, and offenses. (And still lost)

Zeref has all the hype and none of the results. After hasn't won a single fight, despite being the strongest in the verse. The characters he subdued to a one haven't resisted. Is simply unimpressive. They should've given him a sacrificial lamb like Grey, Gildartz, or Laxus if they wanted his combat skill to be taken seriously beyond just hype. As far as big bads go, he is demonstrably weaker than those in almost every other manga I've read, based on feats alone, even if he's hyped to be a physical God.
Mavis does have offensive spells! fairy law, fairy glitter etc..

You do realise that Natsu and Gajeel vs Laxus happened at the beginning of the series right? Let's make someone watch God S vs jura &co and Laxus vs Jura and see who looks stronger:XD.

They did, it was Natsu. You don't necessarily have to beat a strong opponent to be considered strong. Fighting equally is fine too! For example if someone fought with Acno and managed to deal some major blows while tanking his attacks would you call him weak.

coolerthanzerok

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mavis does have offensive spells! fairy law, fairy glitter etc..

You do realise that Natsu and Gajeel vs Laxus happened at the beginning of the series right? Let's make someone watch God S vs jura &co and Laxus vs Jura and see who looks stronger:XD.

They did, it was Natsu. You don't necessarily have to beat a strong opponent to be considered strong. Fighting equally is fine too! For example if someone fought with Acno and managed to deal some major blows while tanking his attacks would you call him weak.
It was supposed to be a silly comparison showing that Zeref's fights were unimpressive, as opposed to God Serena, who was seriously impressive.

And unfortunately for Mavis, I'm pretty sure Fairy Law doesn't scale with MP, it sorta just kills everyone at the cost of life force, not MP. Technically, Mavis never demonstrates Fairy Glitter. ;)

Invel > Zeref

Reaction score
Country
United States
You don't necessarily have to beat a strong opponent to be considered strong. Fighting equally is fine too!
But the only person Base Zeref managed to fight evenly with was normal base Natsu. That definitely isn't a good enough feat to put him above Laxus. FDKM Natsu was dominating that fight even before Zeref wanted to die.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Mavis is a pretty horrible example because she doesn't even use offensive magic. The point is that gaining more magic power makes the magic someone uses more powerful. For Mavis, a non-offensive fighter, this would mean just larger, better illusions, but for people who actually use offensive magic their attack power will increase as they gain more magic power. This seems logical, was established throughout the story, and was reinforced by power-ups like second and third origin.
Note: I am not saying that having more magic power than someone else also means that they have greater attack power,but I am saying that if one person gains more magic power than they had before, their magic's power, whether offensive or non-offensive, will correspondingly increase
Okay, fair enough. Mavis is a bad example. Look at Lucy then.

I never denied having more magic power increases your overall power. I even stated it long before this tournament started.

https://mangahelpers.com/forum/posts/4364126/ (Response to 2nd Quote)

But to say FH increases your attack power is wrong (or half-wrong). It increases your magic power which then increases the rest of your stats by a lesser degree. I differentiate between the two because they are not directly proportional to each other. There is a reason why Lucy has a lot of magic power but is no where near the strongest on Ishgar's side.

Second Origin and Third Origin works the same way as you said. But if it increases attack power, wouldn't durability and everything else stay the same? As you can see, it doesn't work that way. Instead, it increases the magic capacity of every mage which brings out more of their potential.

How about you show me Zeref's attacks that could potentially put Laxus down, while keeping both his speed, durability, ability to turn intangible with lightning body, and raw power in mind. There is no definitive proof that Laxus' lightning nukes and red lightning could manage to get past Zeref's durability, but there is also no proof or feats that show that any of Zeref's attacks can get past Laxus' abilities too

Base Zeref never lost to anyone but he also never beat anyone in a real fight either. I'm not calling him fodder but there is no way I'm putting him anywhere close to second strongest in the verse without fairy heart.
Fine.

Would it be fair to say Laxus' durability is comparable to Larcade? After all, Laxus was damaged by Assault Wall's unnamed attacks although he was affected by MBP's at the time (so I'll boost it a little higher). Meanwhile, Larcade was able to block Kagura's attack with ease (which is fairly impressive). So using this as a comparison, an attack on this level could be used as a finishing move:

I am NOT saying this is how it would play out. What I am saying is that Zeref will fight Laxus (like he did with Natsu), until both of them are severely injured. Then Zeref will use his immobilizing techniques to hold Laxus down while he finishes him off. Why do I come to this conclusion? Because Zeref will last longer. His MP dwarfs Laxus' MP and he has excellent stamina as shown in his fight against Natsu (which took more than 5 chapters to finish).

As for Laxus' Lightning Body, he'll probably be able to escape this:

But not if Zeref knocks him back:

Or uses something like this:

Also, as I mentioned in my first post, Red Lightning and his nukes can easily be tanked or disposed of. So what are the odds that Laxus will win this?

This is my last post regarding the battle. I don't have anything more to add really... But I will read your posts.

Last edited:

Enima

Reaction score
Country
Australia
It was supposed to be a silly comparison showing that Zeref's fights were unimpressive, as opposed to God Serena, who was seriously impressive.

And unfortunately for Mavis, I'm pretty sure Fairy Law doesn't scale with MP, it sorta just kills everyone at the cost of life force, not MP. Technically, Mavis never demonstrates Fairy Glitter. ;)
God Serena was impressive you say? I can see you've got some knowledge:umad

It's life force+MP, not everyone could use it but the people who can, sacrifice some of their life force when using it. Which is why it's kinda like last resort weapon.
But the only person Base Zeref managed to fight evenly with was normal base Natsu. That definitely isn't a good enough feat to put him above Laxus. FDKM Natsu was dominating that fight even before Zeref wanted to die.
Bruh!

That wasn't base Natsu, that was Natsu jacked up in PoF. Natsu was dominating the fight because Zeref didn't expect Natsu to use FDKM mode (It was kinda like Might guy's fight against Madara). Natsu got him by surprise and even then the fight wasn't one sided, at the end of the fight both Zeref and Natsu look equally exhausted. Why are you saying that Natsu was dominating the fight?

Pheromone

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
The thing is, how many spells did he use against Natsu? Off the top of my head, I can't remember more than two or three, it's mainly been a hand-to-hand combat.
Yes, Zeref didn't use any such spell. For the same reason he didn't simply take two steps through the door of the guild hall when he had Neo Eclipse set up. Plot contrivance.

Even beyond that, I could make a case for Zeref simply toying with Natsu because he wanted to (Splatting Larcade even though he gave him an opening to kill Natsu), combined with him losing his mind. He wanted the mindless joy of one last fistfight with his long-lost brother.

If you honestly mean to imply that Zeref isn't capable of using such spells any longer, I rest my case. Speculation is only arguable with speculation, and I've no interest in engaging in that.

The case of Zeref wiping the floor with Laxus is fairly strong, I've yet to see a serious pro-Laxus argument that goes beyond CQC. I have no reason to believe, given Zeref's arsenal of spells, that CQC is ever a viable phase in this matchup, even with Laxus's speed feats, none of which convince me that he'll lightning-blitz from the start successfully without Zeref instantly freezing him, as he did with Kain and Rustyrose.

Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Yes, Zeref didn't use any such spell. For the same reason he didn't simply take two steps through the door of the guild hall when he had Neo Eclipse set up. Plot contrivance.

Even beyond that, I could make a case for Zeref simply toying with Natsu because he wanted to (Splatting Larcade even though he gave him an opening to kill Natsu), combined with him losing his mind. He wanted the mindless joy of one last fistfight with his long-lost brother.

If you honestly mean to imply that Zeref isn't capable of using such spells any longer, I rest my case. Speculation is only arguable with speculation, and I've no interest in engaging in that.

The case of Zeref wiping the floor with Laxus is fairly strong, I've yet to see a serious pro-Laxus argument that goes beyond CQC. I have no reason to believe, given Zeref's arsenal of spells, that CQC is ever a viable phase in this matchup, even with Laxus's speed feats, none of which convince me that he'll lightning-blitz from the start successfully without Zeref instantly freezing him, as he did with Kain and Rustyrose.
I never implied anything, just suggesting that other than the spells he used, he hasn't shown much variety in spells despite the hype. If none of his spells you mentioned work, then Zeref would likely lose in a hand-to-hand combat. Though, weird the death aura did not affect Natsu even when Zeref was intent on killing him, unless he truly felt no love at that moment.

People actually think either side can win without high difficulty? lulz. I haven't read a reason to believe Zeref would beat Laxus, and I'm reading it with hopes that someone will convince me to vote for Zeref. I'd rather vote for Zeref anyway, given his hype and all, even though Laxus is my OTP favorite.

Anyone feel free to summarize arguments, or at least why Zeref would win.

Invel > Zeref

Reaction score
Country
United States
Also, as I mentioned in my first post, Red Lightning and his nukes can easily be tanked or disposed of. So what are the odds that Laxus will win this?
Where is the evidence for that declaration? When has someone who isn't immune to lightning managed to straight up tank the attacks of a healthy Laxus?

What I am saying is that Zeref will fight Laxus (like he did with Natsu), until both of them are severely injured. Then Zeref will use his immobilizing techniques to hold Laxus down while he finishes him off. Why do I come to this conclusion? Because Zeref will last longer. His MP dwarfs Laxus' MP and he has excellent stamina as shown in his fight against Natsu (which took more than 5 chapters to finish).
Laxus is faster than Natsu, so he won't have to tank as much hits and won't be as injured. His magic power dwarfs Laxus? I know you said you wouldn't reply but I'm genuinely curious where you got that from. Having a prolonged fight with base non-wild emotion Natsu takes less stamina than having a long fight with a healthy Laxus imo
But not if Zeref knocks him back:
All that did was knock Natsu back for a second. How would that effect Laxus' ability to use lightning body?
Or uses something like this:
You can't assume that would work on Laxus when its only feat is against Makorov.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I mean, I don't think that someone with a limited amount of spell diversity can stand a chance against someone who wields every single spell in the Dark Magic catalog. Black Arts is potentially up there with the most powerful magic types, and Lightning Dragon Slayer Magic.. Far from that.

coolerthanzerok

Reaction score
Country
United States
I mean, I don't think that someone with a limited amount of spell diversity can stand a chance against someone who wields every single spell in the Dark Magic catalog. Black Arts is potentially up there with the most powerful magic types, and Lightning Dragon Slayer Magic.. Far from that.
The issue with this argument is that "every spell in the dark magic catalog" has shown to be pretty pretty unimpressive. Generic energy blasts, melee attacks, and a bind that Laxus' lightning body would be a hard counter to. You're relying on hype and not feats, talking strength Zeref by all rights SHOULD have, but hasn't shown. Remember, the only arguments that can be made are things they've actually done, meaning Zeref's limited array of shown spells. Hell, I'd argue that Natsu's spell diversity is much lower than Laxus'. Natsu has an ass load of melee attacks and very few ranged attacks, being arguably the most straight forward fighter in the series. At least Laxus has evasion, jutsu shiki, and Fairy Law.

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

Bro can u give me feats that a restricted zeref can put damage on laxus???

The problem is zeref has a little to no feats to put a fight against laxus. His feat against larcarde isn't impressive and plus he was off guard. A healthy laxus would dodge that tanking the attack. What's the proof that lacarde durability is above laxus anyways?. MBP affect laxus performance look at the 2 fights vs tempesta (I'm hearing the second fight is now canon) he clearly saw that laxus was struggling. So to say that it doesn't affect laxus is a lie. 2. People are using hype to put restricted zeref above him which Ibdi t understand. Wall and zeref are similar when is comes to their durability if neither of them didn't have a special ability of tanking the attacks (immortality and immunity to lighting) their durability is questionable. Laxus a variety of spells to take down zeref while zeref doesn't. Trust me if this was non restricted zeref he will take this but since he is restricted to the point he has little feats. Laxus takes this

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Like..

Are we seriously stating that Zeref is "featless" here..

He can literally kill any living thing he desires.

~Charging Lightning~

Reaction score
Country
United States
Like..

Are we seriously stating that Zeref is "featless" here..

He can literally kill any living thing he desires.
I mean yeah, so long as he hits them... We're talking about Laxus here, one of the fastest mages in the series. Under normal circumstances Zeref would stomp, but he's been nerfed heavily in this tourney.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Sorry, forgot you responded to me.
You dont read very well. He didnt regenerate when he fought Igneel powered natsu til AFTER the fight. During the fight he kept coming after Natsu.
You have no proof that he wasn't slowly regenerating during his fight with Natsu. Just because his injuries didn't instantly vanish when he took an igneel powered punch from Natsu doesn't mean he wasn't regenerating. Yes it's an assumption to believe he was slowly regenerating, but it's also an assumption to believe he wasn't simply because all his wounds didn't vanish instantly.

And you dont need time magic to slow down your opponent. I didnt me slow down litterally, i ment nullify it.
And tell me how he manages to slow Laxus down? Let me guess, gravity magic? :kappa

I understand the rules very well. Hell they could nerf zeref fuether and Zeref still takez this.
Yeah dude, I totally bet they could nerf Zeref to the point where he can only fight with headbuts and he would still win, right? :oooh

If even August has no chance against Zeref(a manga fact), Laxus sure as hell dont.
Where in the manga was it stated that August doesn't stand a chance against a Zeref that can't regenerate or use his time magic?

So ya, high af
You remind me of my little cousin who always tried to win arguments by throwing childish insults like "lol your drunk" or "lay off the drugs".:lmao

Pheromone

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Bro can u give me feats that a restricted zeref can put damage on laxus???
I've listed them earlier. To reiterate, I have no reason to believe that this fight ever enters a CQC or any nukefest phase.

This fight is over as soon as it begins. Zeref casts one or two of his spells we've seen and ends Laxus. No contest.

Pirate Queen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I mean yeah, so long as he hits them... We're talking about Laxus here, one of the fastest mages in the series. Under normal circumstances Zeref would stomp, but he's been nerfed heavily in this tourney.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Sorry, forgot you responded to me.

You have no proof that he wasn't slowly regenerating during his fight with Natsu. Just because his injuries didn't instantly vanish when he took an igneel powered punch from Natsu doesn't mean he wasn't regenerating. Yes it's an assumption to believe he was slowly regenerating, but it's also an assumption to believe he wasn't simply because all his wounds didn't vanish instantly.

And tell me how he manages to slow Laxus down? Let me guess, gravity magic? :kappa

Yeah dude, I totally bet they could nerf Zeref to the point where he can only fight with headbuts and he would still win, right? :oooh

Where in the manga was it stated that August doesn't stand a chance against a Zeref that can't regenerate or use his time magic?

You remind me of my little cousin who always tried to win arguments by throwing childish insults like "lol your drunk" or "lay off the drugs".:lmao
So your first point on regeneration you answered for yourself because instant regeneration isnt a feat zeref showed so an assumption. From what we saw, zeref wounds werent healed until after the fight so thats up to interpretation.

Second point, zeref has show several ways to immobilize opponents without time magi . I wont both to post pics. If you read the manga you'd know without me having to.

And comparing me to your little cousin is a non starter. Calling me child is silly considerding a bunch of people are childishly arguing over a fictional comic. It was Better than calling you a brainless monley for not realizing laxus would get stomped by zeref. With or without immortality. Dont take the "high af" litteraly it was more a joke and sarcasm that didnt really need to be address, but i guess you had to counter some way lol

Invel > Zeref

Reaction score
Country
United States
Second point, zeref has show several ways to immobilize opponents without time magi . I wont both to post pics. If you read the manga you'd know without me having to.
What ways to immobilize his opponents are you talking about? The one that Laxus could easily escape with lightning body or the one whose only feat is immobilizing an old man who isn't even spriggan level?

Status
Not open for further replies.