Discussion - Little-Known Games That You Absolutely Love? | Page 8 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Little-Known Games That You Absolutely Love?

Zeltrax

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Tomba! and Tomba 2! .
Up to this day...I could still hum the fisherman's village song :D
I still remember how I was scared shitless by the last boss in the game, not because that last evil boss pig was tough like hell
but because he made everything seem like a horror movie for a kids game.
And I was a kid. He froze the time and everyone was standing still in black and white, the creepy ost didn't help either.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Tomba! and Tomba 2! .
Up to this day...I could still hum the fisherman's village song :D
I still remember how I was scared shitless by the last boss in the game, not because that last evil boss pig was tough like hell
but because he made everything seem like a horror movie for a kids game.
And I was a kid. He froze the time and everyone was standing still in black and white, the creepy ost didn't help either.
Don't spoil everything D:

Tomba 2 came with my PS1 (I was 5 at the time), and as it was in English, I only really played/enjoyed/finished the game when I was like 11. I played Tomba 1 after that, and I have to admit that it's way better (imo at least, but 2 was a lot more creepier and had a lot of secrets, and that made the game interesting, but it's voice actors + that annoying song that played every time someone talked to you kinda killed the game :XD). The ending in Tomba 2 was also bad, just because...

That damn golden pig says ¨We never really die. Someday... Somewhere...We'll play again¨...

NO WE WON'T TOMBA 3 DOESN'T EXIST YOU JERK :crying

And yes, I know this song too, some of the best in the PS1:

Apparently no one really cared about Sheep Raider nor God Hand, so I'm giving some gameplays :XD

Also, someone remembers MediEvil? Cause I thought it was a well known game (one of the best in the PS1) but apparently not to many really know it, It also had a sequel, that was almost as good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crude

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Speaking of PS1 platformers, the Klonoa games (yeah 2 is for the PS2 but whatever :p) are very underrated. They really capture that dreamlike quality. And now that I think about that, why haven't I bought the remake for the Wii yet!?

Zeltrax

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
:lmao
Tomba 3 will never come :scrying yeah tomba 2 have a lot of small secrets here and there, makes it looks like a real fantasy world.

And I know about sheep raider! I think it's one of my first stealth/puzzle game ever. Disguising as a sheep and pissing the dog off was so much fun!.

otomo20

Reviewer
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Legend of dragoon, highly rated by its fans, but not well known, it was released late into the ps1 life so not many people played it :(

zelllogan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Legend of dragoon, highly rated by its fans, but not well known, it was released late into the ps1 life so not many people played it :(
I agree but it's normal that it was not well known. It was released in 2000 ... when square/enix was still squaresoft... People were not attracted when at the very same moment there were teasers for the soon-to-be-released Final Fantasy 9.

LoD was a very good game but had some flows: graphics were average (FF8 was miles ahead) , voices during cinematics were catastrophic & the battle system was not for everyone.

But I still remember that game very well. It's one of the games that had the most impact in my gaming life. It came out at the time were I enjoyed games the most. I had the ps1 very late & my previous console was a master system. So I went from Alex Kidd to Metal Gear solid in one week ...

Last edited:

otomo20

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
I agree but it's normal that it was not well known. It was released in 2000 ... when square/enix was still squaresoft... People were not attracted when at the very same moment there were teasers for the soon-to-be-released Final Fantasy 9.

LoD was a very good game but had some flows: graphics were average (FF8 was miles ahead) , voices during cinematics were catastrophic & the battle system was not for everyone.

But I still remember that game very well. It's one of the games that had the most impact in my gaming life. It came out at the time were I enjoyed games the most. I had the ps1 very late & my previous console was a master system. So I went from Alex Kidd to Metal Gear solid in one week ...
oh LOD had flaws no doubt about it, but like you it was one of the biggest games for me, it was the first big 4 disc game I played, I had tried ff7 before it and didnt care much for it, but LOD was awesome, the first RPG I loved, the controls were easy, the side quests were few and the story was epic, the plot twists were unexpected as I was a first timer but I loved them.

LOD is my nostalgia game, its one I miss even though its not perfect and so many better games exist, LOD will always be special.

thsv

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons

One stick to control each character, one interaction button each

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons

One stick to control each character, one interaction button each
Can it be considered little-known tho? It's like the best Indie game of the last year.

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Not sure how popular it is, but I played Tokyo Jungle last week and loved it. I don't think that game is commonly mentioned anywhere though.

Lonewolf187

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
pandoras tower

terdes

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Of course, we have all these popular game franchises, but what about the games that nobody's ever heard of, that you just happen to enjoy a whole lot?

If you've played anything like that, here's your chance to pimp them to others!

Be sure to include a description of the video game genre, its premise, and why you like it and why you think others would like too, and the systems that it plays on. And if you know, how old the games are, so that others may have an easier time finding them.

Doesn't have to be console games - remember you can talk PC games here too.
Using here on PUBG offers several advantages. Firstly, it allows players to bypass hardware bans, ensuring uninterrupted gameplay. Additionally, it enhances privacy and security by masking identifying information. This tool enables users to evade detection, reducing the risk of bans or penalties. Overall, it provides a seamless gaming experience with increased anonymity and protection against bans.
Have fun!
I love different games. Nowadays I am fan of play PUBG

Last edited: