Discussion - Little-Known Games That You Absolutely Love? | Page 7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Little-Known Games That You Absolutely Love?

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
^Amnesia: The Lost Descent is scary as shit, for sure. For every time the character's sanity was drained when I played it, mine was drained double. Especially scary when you play it with headphones in a dark room alone at night. Great game.

Flower. Friggin' masterpiece. Maybe this game is well-known, I don't know.. At least I've not heard a lot of people discussing it or talking about it at all.

It's a downloadable game for PS3, and seriously... there's not a lot that can make me relax more than when I'm playing this game. It's so feel-good, so simple, yet so damn beautifully crafted, you can't not love it.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Lost Eden: An old game for Windows 95, I absolutely loved it as a kid and when I re-played it a few years ago I still thought that it's great. It's a relatively simple game but has an awesome story about the humans living together with dinosaurs

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
I think The Summoner is pretty much unknown...and I loved it...it was my first rpg, and had a decent story and graphics attached to it

faintsmile1992

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Crmzon Clover

Last edited by a moderator:

Aazholh

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I've got to put on the PS2 Blood Will Tell out there. Based on Tesuka's Dororo. It's the great story that drives the gameplay. If you like dark fantasy, I strongly recommend this game.

Cinnabar

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
The World Ends With You.

Well, I'm not sure if it's not that well-known anymore since it's been getting more attention lately since the characters' appearance in Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance (and that rumored countdown timer for something TWEWY related). But yeah, freakin' awesome game. Very put-together, with some of the best mini-game and post-game content I have seen (and that's saying something, since I'm the type who doesn't usually play through the post-game). Battle system is engaging (perhaps even too engaging sometimes), and the mechanics are beautifully flexible. You can literally play it however you like once you get the basics down, but the battle system may frustrate some of you at first.

Makes full use of all the DS's features. Freakin' awesome I tell you.

wizzard

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Open TTD and half of the Tycoon series.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Ego Draconis was pretty popular though from what I remember...and it looks like the dragon knight saga will include that as well...I'm think I'm getting this one, thx:p
It's the same game + an exceptional add-on with corrected bugs.

White Rabbit

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Flower. Friggin' masterpiece. Maybe this game is well-known, I don't know.. At least I've not heard a lot of people discussing it or talking about it at all.
It's a downloadable game for PS3, and seriously... there's not a lot that can make me relax more than when I'm playing this game. It's so feel-good, so simple, yet so damn beautifully crafted, you can't not love it.
If you enjoyed Flower I highly recommend you to check out Journey. It was also developed by thatgamecompany who did Flower and is really more like an interactive work of art than a game.

Another little gem that has become downloadable for PS3 just lately is Machinarium. The designs are totally gorgeous and the soundtrack is superb.

If we talk about older games I really liked Realms of the Haunting from 1997. It delivered a great atmosphere and the full-motion-cutscenes were totally enhancing the depth of the characters and story.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
For the PS1, Tomba! (1, it was way better than 2), Looney Tunes Sheep Raider (or Sheep Dog n Wolf, it's a puzzle game sooooooooooo good, you will like it even if you don't like the Looney Tunes lol), it really needs a sequel or something like that :/ ; and Bloody Roar (PS1 best fighting game IMO).

For the PS2, God Hand (a beat 'em up game, you can personalize your combos and it's really Hard!) it's from clover studios (Viewtiful Joe and Okami anyone?) and I'm hoping it'll get a sequel someday. Gene, the game's protagonist, was almost included in MvsC 3 but didn't make it into the final cut.

Last edited:

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
If you enjoyed Flower I highly recommend you to check out Journey. It was also developed by thatgamecompany who did Flower and is really more like an interactive work of art than a game.

Another little gem that has become downloadable for PS3 just lately is Machinarium. The designs are totally gorgeous and the soundtrack is superb.
Flower and Journey are so great, really beautiful, love them!
I would put Limbo together with these in a must-have pack...

The one game that I really like and no one knows is Beneath a steel sky... is a point-and-click adventure game... I played a lot of those, like Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle... but this one, is really hard to find someone here who has played it...

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
I don´t know if this one is considered ¨little-known¨but OMG I love Heroes of Might and Magic 3. AWESOME GAME.

White Rabbit

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Flower and Journey are so great, really beautiful, love them!
I would put Limbo together with these in a must-have pack...

The one game that I really like and no one knows is Beneath a steel sky... is a point-and-click adventure game... I played a lot of those, like Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle... but this one, is really hard to find someone here who has played it...
Beneath a steel sky was a total masterpiece... but i don't think it has aged too well.

By the way: Rovolution plans on doing a sequel after Broken Sword 5.
But considering the quality of Broken Sword 3+4, I would not get my hopes too high.

Currently I'm playing the HD-re-release of Okami... it's a shame that this game was such a financial failure.

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Beneath a steel sky was a total masterpiece... but i don't think it has aged too well.

By the way: Rovolution plans on doing a sequel after Broken Sword 5.
But considering the quality of Broken Sword 3+4, I would not get my hopes too high.

Currently I'm playing the HD-re-release of Okami... it's a shame that this game was such a financial failure.
I only played Broken Sword 3 recently, never got to play the 4th one... but yeah, the first ones were so much better...

I want Okami so bad since I saw it's on the PSN store...

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I'm also playing through Okami HD atm. Not that I think it's a very "little-known game" since pretty much all my gaming friends have recommended it since it was released on PS2, but maybe it's not as well known as I've thought.. But man, is this game gorgeous. I can't believe I haven't played it before, since it's my favorite kind of game and one of the best of its genre. So much to doooooo!

And yeah, Journey... I bought it on the day it was released and it was just a joy to go through the game along with someone else, discovering everything for the first time. And what's more, it's still very enjoyable the second playthrough, and the tenth. The first play-through of Journey stays in my top 5 gaming experiences and I don't see it ever falling off that list.

molecularpepsi

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
i'm a huge soccer fan and one of my all-time favorite soccer games was Fever Pitch soccer (aka head-on soccer) on the super nintendo:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fever_Pitch_Soccer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v778DoHrkWQ\

extremely addictive game and the special abilities of the star players added depth to the gameplay. i spent many sleepless nights playing this game!

speaking of star players with special abilities, Captain Tsubasa on the Super famicom, might be one of the most amazing soccer games ever, it played more like an RPG than a normal soccer game. this is hands down my favorite soccer game of all time. Fifa and winning eleven don't even come close!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hQN0iQXw18
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Tsubasa

jakensama

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Terranigma, Ogre Battle, Seiken Densetsu 3, Radiant Historia, Super ghouls n ghosts, Vampire Savior, Guilty Gear AC, Ikaruga, Dragon Spirits, Dragon Force, Fire emblem Seisen no Kiefu, sure there are others.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
i'm a huge soccer fan and one of my all-time favorite soccer games was Fever Pitch soccer (aka head-on soccer) on the super nintendo:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fever_Pitch_Soccer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v778DoHrkWQ\

extremely addictive game and the special abilities of the star players added depth to the gameplay. i spent many sleepless nights playing this game!

speaking of star players with special abilities, Captain Tsubasa on the Super famicom, might be one of the most amazing soccer games ever, it played more like an RPG than a normal soccer game. this is hands down my favorite soccer game of all time. Fifa and winning eleven don't even come close!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hQN0iQXw18
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Tsubasa
I actually played Captain Tsubasa 2... that game was great (an rpg like soccer game :XD), it had also a great soundtrack.