Discussion - Little-Known Games That You Absolutely Love? | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Little-Known Games That You Absolutely Love?

:Kasumi:

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Tombi, Croc and an Astérix game for the PS1, Mickey Mouse Racing Adventures or whatever it was called for the GBC. And Konami's Krazy Racers for the GBA - it's such a blast! Still my favourite GBA game.

Lelo

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Lebanon
Marvel Vs Capcom! haha jk :darn
got that for my cousins christmas present :amuse
not a fan of that..hmmm, kingdom hearts is already known. PHEONIX WRIGHT!
you guys should play it, its mystery and court! Lol makes you feel smart :XD
What do u mean JK, Marvel vs Capcom is awesome, I know its old school but me and my friends sometimes get drunk and play that shit all night

Pix

Reaction score
Country
United States
Tales of Eternia (Tales of Destiny II) didn't get the popularity it deserved. However I really enjoyed the game for it's heart touching storyline.

Ar Tonelico is just plain addictive, the story, graphic, or battle system isn't anything close to groundbreaking, but the game is just fun and addictive.

Eebee

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just wanted to second Terranigma. It's a fantastic game--with great music, nice art, a fun real-time battle system--that needs more love. YouTube has some fanvids for it, if it want to check them out.

I second Gitaroo-Man. God, yes. That game rocks(!) my world. I can't play it on the Master level, but that's OK. Normal mode is fine by me.

Mischief Makers is good. I pulled this old N64 title out the other day and was pleasantly surprised. It was just as much fun as I remember it being--maybe even a bit more so! It's not a deep game by any means, but it's fun.

This one's not really unknown, but: Shadow Hearts. Specifically, the first two games. The second game, Covenant, is my favorite--the art, the story!--but you really ought to play the first game to get a feel for what's going on on Yuri's world.

mrmgomes

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Marvel vs Capcom kicks ass! And Capcom vs SNK too!

But there's a game that changed my life... And it's Full Throttle for pc by LucasArts... It's awesome!

Baron Hugenstein

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I dont know exactly if it is little known or not
But the game Hearts of iron 2 is good game for players who like strategy games.
i had it for a couple of years now, and it is addicting once you get the hang of it
it centers around 1935-1967(depending on which expansion pack you play).

thsv

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Eternal Darkness on the Gamecube(Its one of only 2 games i've not and never ever consider trading)
Ico on the PS2

redcometfm

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Rez, Killer 7, Extreme-G

ElUniversal

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Tomba! (or Tombi in other versions) for psx was one of my favourites. Then there was Tales of Destiny, that was one of the best rpg's I've ever seen...sadly, it never got as much recognition as any Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest game
Does Spyro the Dragon qualify as "little known"?

Finally, there was this little Konami's masterpiece called Bishi Bashi Special :beer, a sick "party" game with insane minigames, bizarre graphics and neverending fun. We used to gather at a friend's house just to beat the c*** out of each other in this game!:crying

KazigluBey

Reaction score
Country
United States
I always enjoyed Ogre Battle 64, as well as Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2.

rakkynon

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Chaos Legion, Chrono Trigger and FFV-VI

patedecarne

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
"Tales of" games are really great, even though most people don't know anything about them;

Tales of Phantasia was perfect, recently I've played its remake on Playstation 1 and was great;

Tales of Symphonia also was great, many people really didn't like Lloyd's idealism, but I think it suits perfecty for his characters;

And let's not forget about one of the greatest characters in Tales universe: Jade Curtiss. He's great, I love this guy, him mocking Luke was really funny, and the chant for Indignation was one of the best I've seen in my whole life:

"I, who stand in the full light of the heavens command thee, who opens the gates of hell..."

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I liked Loom. It was a PC game back in the days when.. I don't even remember when. From the same makers as Monkey Island. It was challenging but manageable, and really funny.

kluzman

Reaction score
Country
France
Chrono Trigger too (though I don't think it can be labelled an "unknown game")

One of the only race game I ever played was Dethkarz (quite old and very short, but sooooo fun ^^)
And I recently got addicted to manic shooters, especially Touhou project 7 (Perfect Cherry Blossom) and one even less known : Guwange on Neo Geo. This game is just plain craziness...

And I looooooved Valkyrie Profile on PSX though once again is it an unknown game ?

warbandit66

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Killer 7, simply one of the greatest games ever made, the whole plot is ingenious without being at all pretenscious, the game's soundtrack also adds to the sheer awesomeness of the title, it all fits together perfectly. If you haven't played it or heard of it look it up, it's really worth it.

Montai

Reaction score
Country
United States
Blaster Master. I just love this game, even though I could never beat it. It's the hardest game I've ever played, yet fun. I've been playing it since I was little. Since the early 90's. I miss those day XD Here's a youtube video of it in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-Ebsa_Pc9U&feature=related

Please give this game a try.

Elyon A. Luna

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Kuon

A survival horror game for the PS2 that seems to have very little fanbase, but it is absolutely fantastic, at least I think so.

Kiri_No_Haku

Reaction score
Country
United States
Crash Bandicoot, Croc, and Spyro were my best friends when I was little. They were all animal adventure games where you must fight some evil doer in a cascade of levels; which involved finding one thing that was scattered around. Crash went down horrible when Naughty Dog stopped being the creator, I stopped playing Spyro for some reason, and same for Croc.

Gadget Racers was another awesome game in my opinion. The best game for kids if they like racing cars with the twist of flying, swimming, and other terrain gears to aid you. XD

There was a tales game that I had on a demo disk that I liked. I think it was Legendia. It was an awesome little RPG game with an interesting story.

I don't know if many people play it, but the Tenchu series was always the best ninja game series I've ever played.

Night into Dreams was a game i loved for the Sega Saturn. You had to help this joker-looking fairy save time or something. XD It was involving you running away from an egg-clock that would make you lose the game if you got sucked up by it. I even had a poster of it in my room. I loved it dearly...

There were others, but I can't remember them. XD

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Chips challenge \o/

Known for it's epicness in the years of DOS, Atari Lynx and Win 95

GEshode

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Vampires Dawn: A RPG with horrible look but great fun...
Pokemon Pinball for GBC: I don't know why, but I still play it from time to time, although it is just a normal Pinball game with Pokemonn layout...^^