Discussion - Little-Known Games That You Absolutely Love? | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Little-Known Games That You Absolutely Love?

zypher

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
tune said:
shining force neo, shining tears, shining force exa, atelier iris, atelier iris eternal mana, atelier iris grand fantasm, tales of destiny 2 (the true sequel of tales of destiny)

i'm not so sure about code age commanders for the ps2 since it's a square enix product...but it didn't seem to be well received to be adopted by the us market :)
You sure know some rare games, I have only heard of a few of them like: atelier iris, atelier iris eternal mana, atelier iris grand fantasm and tales of destiny 2 (since i have played the first one).

And I can agree on that they "didn't seem to be well received to be adopted by the us market" and even less on the european market, but man what those are great games :amuse

deathshadow25

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
GOlden Sun and Breath of Fire 5

starfall856

Reaction score
Country
United States
deathshadow25 said:
GOlden Sun and Breath of Fire 5
OMG I LOVE GOLDEN SUN!!!!!!
ITS THE BEST!!!!! OMG!!!

i love bubble bobble too but thats on like Nintendo stone age (really old)

erikrhys

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
ok good game......Tomba and Tomba 2 for the Playstation original.....basically you are this savage, who must save the world from evil pigs....sounds lame but is actually really fun to play ;P

rai-chu

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Psychic Force is one of my favorite fighting game, i don't know if this one should be considered as little-known game.

Paper

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Epic III: Rappelz

and

Silkroad Online

Do Kesubei

Reaction score
Country
United States
No One Can Stop Mr. Domino is a PSOne classic, period.
Sentimental Graffiti, one of the many dating sims out there. I really like the characters in this one though. The same goes for Kita E.
Also, I'm gonna add Policenauts and Grandia (SAT) here. Most people don't know a thing about Policenauts. And as for Grandia... people seem to forget it exists, which is a shame since it's the best RPG of the 32-bit era.

IgnorantSage

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I can only say two words: "Tomba" and "Croc" XDD

They were PS games that I played when I was in elementary school, and I loved them.

Tomba was a contemporary side scroller kind of thing about this pink haired kid named Tomba. These evil pigs stole the gold bracelet he'd been given by his grandad. The pigs steal all the gold in the world from some eveil plpot, and tomba tries to stop them and get
Tomba!!!

I remember that game, I also played it but unfortunately was not able to finish it. I don't enjoy sidescrollers that much.

I don't know if it's actually popular but I really liked playing Jade Cocoon, it's a PS game where you collect monsters and breed them together. It was actually cool but again I did not play it to the end. I'm just too lazy to finish things, even those which I like :darn .

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
ok good game......Tomba and Tomba 2 for the Playstation original.....basically you are this savage, who must save the world from evil pigs....sounds lame but is actually really fun to play ;P
Tomba <3 Actually, I think I might have posted about ti a long time ago, but it's good to se I'm not he only one who liked it =D However, i never got to play tomba 2, and I never beat the first one either >.>

Paz42

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know if it's actually popular but I really liked playing Jade Cocoon, it's a PS game where you collect monsters and breed them together. It was actually cool but again I did not play it to the end. I'm just too lazy to finish things, even those which I like :darn .
Damn jade cocoon i loved that game i only ever played the game but i thought it was really interesting rpg style game

But a game i have always loved and will always love is gunstar heroes it was a side scrolling shooter with huge amounts of enimes lotsa bosses and some really orginal things like there was one level where you had to play a giant board game to progess on and that was fun i had it for the megadrive/genesis depending on where your from

kuroi-san

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
iono how popular Valkyrie Profile was, but none of my friends ever had it or heard of it. i think it's one of the most phenomenal RPG games ever made.

Orphen: Scion of Sorcery. launch title for PS2. as such, it's kind of crappily made and has lots of bugs, but it's really engaging and has a neat battle system.

also any games in the Klonoa series are fantastic.

erikrhys

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
who here liked crash bandicoot? that was a game i LOVED

(and its good to be back XD)

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
OMG, Crash Bandicoot <333333333 I loved it on the original Playstation, I was a nut for it. I actually still have the Time Warp one from PS, and I play it on my PS2 occasionally XD And Crash Team Racing :nuts

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I s Grandia widely known? Grandia I for PS1 is one of my favourite games ever...around here no one hears a lot from it, i dunno about how famous it is in the rest of the world ;p

cirvac

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
AHAHAH!!!!
Some great games: Snatcher, amazing title by Kojima (one of his first), Sengoku 2 for the PC engine and of course Flashback, Another World, and Monkey Island 1 and 2

For the good old gameboy: Robocop, Gargoyle´s quest (that´s the game that helped me learn english), R-type, Castlevania 2, and of course Ninja Turtles 1. But there are so many I could tell, like Romancing SaGa 2 etc...

For the nintendo consoles: Kunio-kun (played the second one for the gameboy - an exact copy of double dragon 2 for the gameboy also), Street fighter 2 (the first one, still hard as hell) and Chrono trigger, etc...

Genesis: Gunstar Heroes, YuYu Hakusho (a great fighting game, the first one to implement background fighting - same system copied for Guilty Gear Isuka), and the Shining Force series (I used to upgrade my dwarf into a baron... totally awsome)

For the PSX: Jojo´s Bizarre Adventure, one of the best fighting games I played, with so many things to unlock, too bad they didn´t include the Alessy mode like in the DC version

For the Saturn: Dragonball Z (best fighting game for it, graphically untouchable), and Guardian heroes, also using the background to fight...

Otherwise, there were still some oldies from the comodore amiga and the neogeo....

maraxusofk

Reaction score
Country
United States
A kitten dies and i cry everytime someone thinks xenogears sucks jsut because its not final fantasy. seriously play the ps1 xenogears, one of the best rpgs ever and super underated (the best story and some of the best music of any game i played)

seriously listen to this song from it http://youtube.com/watch?v=4SN5X74xKHM&mode=related&search=

Oh and the guilty gear series. not enought ppl play it in america sadly.

Decir

Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
xenogears was better than any final fantasy on the ps.

I think Wizardry IV is very widely known in these days. But it's one of my all-time favourites

krazykone12

Reaction score
Country
United States
Tomba, Tomba 2, Fighter's Megamix, Namco X Capcom, Xenogears, DBZ Legends, Sin and Punishment, Evangelion 64, Live A Live snes, Bahamut Lagoon, Last Blade series, any Capcom game on Dreamcast besides Marvel vs Capcom 2

Voxbox

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Dink Smallwood (PC) is a lovable adventure, and what got me into programming.
Under Defeat (Dreamcast) is my favourite shooter.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I s Grandia widely known? Grandia I for PS1 is one of my favourite games ever...around here no one hears a lot from it, i dunno about how famous it is in the rest of the world ;p
I don't think it is, but I HAVE heard very, very good things about it.