\m/ THE METAL THREAD!!! \m/ | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

\m/ THE METAL THREAD!!! \m/

Arrogance

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey everyone, this is the METAL THREAD!!! :headbang. The place to discuss anything and everything about the wide world of Metal music. Here you could discuss anything from your favorite classic metal band to your favorite death metal band. You can discuss specific genres/types of Metal; which you like, which you don't. ALL OF IT IS WELCOMED HERE.

Another personal matter of mine is that I am always trying to look for new bands out there so this is a great place to recommend some bands that people may like. Maybe if you just discovered a new metal band that you want to spread the word about you could bring them up here. I would greatly appreciate learning of new bands I could possibly get into and I am sure many other members would love that too.

Anywho I hope this thread is a success, I am a HUGE fan of Metal as a whole and am hoping to get in touch with other members who share the same love for Metal as I do through this thread ;). Have fun guys and stay METAL!!!

After_Image

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: THE METAL THREAD!!! \m/

First!!!

Okay let me start off by saying Metal is awesome!!! And a few of my favorites are Black Sabbath, Metallic, and Lady Maiden.

If you think I should know of others please let me know.

Arrogance

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Thats cool! Thanks for being first, lol. I'm a fan of Metallica myself. I also like Sabbath but I prefer the Dio years much better than the ones with Ozzie. I love them right now under their new name with Dio as Heaven And Hell! Their new album is The Devil You Know and I really love the new single Bible Black. I even saw them in concert about a month ago and it was really sick.

After_Image

Reaction score
Country
United States

I have never been able to go to there concerts. :( how awesome is it? Tell me how Much you enjoyed it.

Arrogance

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Well I don't have to tell you when I could just show you :p. HEAVEN AND HELL - BIBLE BLACK LIVE I recorded them playing Bible Black at the concert I went to a month ago ;). It was really awesome but now instead of me just telling you how great it was now you can see/hear for yourself :thumbs

After_Image

Reaction score
Country
United States

Is that your YouTube channel? If it is I noticed you had Bullet for my Valentine!!! Fucking love them!!! :XD

Arrogance

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Haha, yea its mine. All those videos are ones I recorded from concerts I've gone to. I like BFMV too even though I don't listen to them as much lately cause I've been in a heavier mood. That concert I went to was sweet though, it was the Taste of Chaos tour and they were the opening band, followed by Atreyu, and then Avenged Sevenfold. I really LOVED A7X live, their stuff was really powerful! :wtf

After_Image

Reaction score
Country
United States

The Five Finger Death Punch is a really good video.it had me clapping along with everyone. Times like these where I wish I could have been there! :(

Arrogance

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

O so are you a 5FDP fan too?!?!?!?!? They have a new album coming out soon, not too sure when and what its called but I do have a leaked single that supposed to be on the album though :XD. The Bleeding really is a great song though. Its one of those that are heavy and distinctly metal yet your able to get emotionally into it.

After_Image

Reaction score
Country
United States

The few songs I have hear from them I liked a lot. It has been less than a month since I discovered them for myself so I am trying to get more of there music.

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

FINALLY! Had never created a thread like this before because I thought i'd be alone! ;_;

I'm into all kinds of metal, but I tend to prefer progressive stuff. Opeth is my alltime favourite band (progressive/death). Others I could point out are Blind Guardian, Ayreon, Ark, Dream Theater, Angra, Dark Tranquility, Porcupine Tree (not really metal though...), Theatre of Tragedy, old Nightwish, Sentenced (RIP ;_; ), The Gathering, and maaaaaany more <3

Of the "new stuff", I like Avenged Sevenfold ^^ And of course, all the classics, Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth and all.

Arrogance

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!! :comfort. I felt compelled to make this thread because I knew there was some people out there.....plus us metal heads needed to counteract the Rap Thread! :shakefist.

Anywho I enjoy some progressive. Out of that I am more into Mastodon, I love their new album Crack The Skye! Its so good!!!! I'm hoping to go see them with Dethklok in about a month at the Hammerstein Ballroom in Manhattan. As for your list there are quite a few bands I don't know so I will be looking into some of them ;). See that is one of my main hopes for this, to spread information on some new bands I and other people could listen to because I am always looking for new bands. I find that this could be a good way to find some more :).

O and I LOVE NIGHTWISH :XD. I actually like the newer stuff a little better....is it that your not a fan of the new singer?

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum

Yeah, Nightwish is a nice band. and yes they fucking pown Within Temptation :yelling

Besides that I've got an Evanescence LP, Fallen. Its actually not pure metal, more like Alternative Rock or Nu Metel but meh, furthermore I own a Marilyn Manson Best of which I rly love.. And Ive got all Rammstein and Metallica Lps :headbang

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!! :comfort. I felt compelled to make this thread because I knew there was some people out there.....plus us metal heads needed to counteract the Rap Thread! :shakefist.
Why always fight each other, if we all can peacefully live together side by side. Ya know Linkin Park is the best example for a gorgeous Rock/Rap combo :p

Last edited:

Arrogance

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Yeah, Nightwish is a nice band. and yes they fucking pown Within Temptation :yelling

Besides that I've got an Evanescence LP, Fallen. Its actually not pure metal, more like Alternative Rock or Nu Metel but meh, furthermore I own a Marilyn Manson Best of which I rly love.. And Ive got all Rammstein and Metallica Lps :headbang

Why always fight each other, if we all can peacefully live together side by side. Ya know Linkin Park is the best example for a gorgeous Rock/Rap combo :p
Lol, well at first Linkin Park WAS Rap Metal, but that kinda changed up as their music went on. And M! I WAS JOKING!!!....but I am right in saying why should all the rap fans have all the fun so I made a metal thread then ;).

I LOVE RAMMSTEIN!!!! I don't understand them of the most part even though the funny part is that I am learning some german from them. They have a new album in the works too, I CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT!!

Overall I also enjoy a lot of Industrial Metal like Rammstein. The other bands I really like are Korn and Static-X. Static-X is probably one of my favorite in this category. My favorite albums by them have got to be their first one "Wisconsin Death Trip" and then their newest one that came out back in April "Cult of Static".

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania

Just noticed the thread in UR sig...nice stuff... I'm not actually in for rock, but I had years when I was actively listening Metallica, Nightwish, Dimu Borgir and some romanian and hungarian bands. I think it was the "fire of youth" as guy would say...I still love metallica though they have a special touch which cannot be copied...I still listen to rock from time to time since my bro loves it...nice thread anyway...
OFF-TOPIC:
I really don't have time to check other threads outside manga-related, and from the first of october even less time... so if U have any other interesting threads, if U pls share a few links, or something...anyway it's weird this is a only a onepaged thread...

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum

True what youre saying about Linkin Park, but I actually enjoy only the old songs from the Hybrid Theory LP, like In The End or Papercut.. Also the colabo with Jay-Z was rly good stuff :wtf

As for Rammstein: I actually believe the words are quite easy to understand even for not-German speaking people. I remember when I was in Russia some years ago my Russian cousin sang Du Hast to me :lmao
And waddu you think, Im learning English by listening to English song myself :rolleyes: .. music connects ;)

Ooohw! Almost for got to mention the band Flyleaf.. I love a few songs of em but dont have a LP yet.. does anyone know that band and some of the albums?

Last edited:

After_Image

Reaction score
Country
United States

@M Flyleaf Is a good band some of there songs I have are "I'm So Sick" , "All Around Me", and "Fully Alive". "I'm So Sick" being my favorite from them. How about you? What songs do you like?

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

O and I LOVE NIGHTWISH :XD. I actually like the newer stuff a little better....is it that your not a fan of the new singer?
I don't like her...too bad I never got to see a concert with NW + Tarja, I only went to one, with the new girl. I got to see Tarja solo though, she's amazing.

I liked their first 3 albuns. Then NW started to get too pretentious, less metal and more "movie soundtrack"-like. After that, Tarja left and things got even worse...now it's just like a random melodic metal band a la Epica or Within Temptation. :/

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
Reaction score
Country
United States

Hey, Epica's pretty damn good. It's closer to old Nightwish than the new stuff (for starters, it has an orchestral singer.) I also liked Within Temptation. I prefer metal with clean vocals.

I'm into more symphonic and power metal. I like Kamelot, Nightwish, Epica, Sirenia, and some Dimmu Borgir.

Arrogance

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Hey, Epica's pretty damn good. It's closer to old Nightwish than the new stuff (for starters, it has an orchestral singer.) I also liked Within Temptation. I prefer metal with clean vocals.

I'm into more symphonic and power metal. I like Kamelot, Nightwish, Epica, Sirenia, and some Dimmu Borgir.
Kamelot is sweet they are probably my favorite Power Metal band. That was the basis for me to move on to Melodic Death Metal. Once I got into the whole screaming and growling thing I was immediately attached to Melodic Death Metal because it incorporates some of that epic feel you get from power metal that I've always loves. Stuff I like that is Melodic Death Metal is Mors Principium Est, Dethklok, etc. I just love metal bands in general that incorporate those orchestral influences into their music. :D