\m/ THE METAL THREAD!!! \m/ | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

\m/ THE METAL THREAD!!! \m/

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: THE METAL THREAD!!! \m/

In the defense of Epica, the style relies of orchestra more. It is also easy to misjudge because the popular songs are generally the songs without death growls. IMHO Epica is nothing without the grunts. I guess it's a big mongrel, but I hardly see it as girly-operatic stuff. Epica isn't even as operatic as old Nightwish. Old Nightwish relied on heavy guitar and the operatic vocals of Tarya. So I dispute your characterization.

Within Temptation is also quite different from all of the above, pretty much because Sharon's voice is significantly dominant over all other instruments. Not really operatic, but certainly more popular and closer to rock style. I grew bored with them years ago, but I still feel they are unfairly generalized - after all, these bands are all better than listening to your retarded classmates play "Barbiegirl."

Melodic death metal's okay.

Filler-nin

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Great thread!, I also enjoy metal music and im always looking for new bands to listen to. I listen to many bands, always Iron Maiden, i recently broke an arm and im forced to do cardio indoors, which sucks, but i started listening to some speed metal to keep up the rhythm. I’m starting to like this music, especially Stratovarius and Sonata Arctica.

conn-man

Reaction score
Country
United States

a few metal bands i've been listening to lately are born of osiris, arsonists get all the girls, suicide silence, and a few more. anyone else like this kind of metal?

seems like you have all been talking about a whole nother area of metal, arch enemy, inflames, and swedish death metal, im not to big on that stuff.

CBlitz

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

a few metal bands i've been listening to lately are born of osiris, arsonists get all the girls, suicide silence, and a few more. anyone else like this kind of metal?

seems like you have all been talking about a whole nother area of metal, arch enemy, inflames, and swedish death metal, im not to big on that stuff.
do you mean the heavy stuff like grunge? If so, is As I Lay Dying similar to what you're talking about?

Arrogance

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

lol, yea we were just talking about Melodic Death Metal for a while because thats just the topic that came up lol. Obviously you can talk about any form of Metal here ;).

Other than Melodic Death Metal I like quite a few Metalcore bands like Chimaira, Bullet For My Valentine, Trivium, All That Remains, Killswitch Engage, Himsa(they broke up :scry), etc. I like some progressive metal too like Mastodon. So yea I just don't listen to Melodic Death Metal, lol, its just the topic that came up ATM ;).

conn-man

Reaction score
Country
United States

do you mean the heavy stuff like grunge? If so, is As I Lay Dying similar to what you're talking about?
grunge isnt really the right word, thats a whole nother genre..but yeah as i lay dying is along the same lines, if you like them check out the bands I listed.

CBlitz

Reaction score
Country
United States

grunge isnt really the right word, thats a whole nother genre..but yeah as i lay dying is along the same lines, if you like them check out the bands I listed.
suicide silence sounded pretty good, what are their best albums?

conn-man

Reaction score
Country
United States

they are still a fairly young band so they only have two albums out now, but the second one just came out this year and its sick, its called no time to bleed.

and if you liked them also look up the faceless and iwrestledabearonce(female vocalist, ALL the vocals, everyone should check them out.)

Last edited:

Dilandau

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Northern Ireland

Some other non-melo-death bands I like are Russians Circles, Malabar Front and A Perfect Circle. All are progressive metal I think. Russian circles are a bit harder to classify as they incorporate so many different sub-genres of metal, but you could also refer to them as an instrumental band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyZ4z662v5w

My favourite song of theirs.

Agrias

Holy Knight
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

I love love love love²³²³ A Perfect Circle, but I wouldn't group it as metal...it's prog rock like Porcupine Tree (that I love even more), Tool, Riverside and such, I guess =p
But well, labeling stuff sucks, all that matters is that it's awesome :3

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany

i'm not so much into metal,though i like some stuff^^
actually i really love system of a down!!
i don't know if you can call soad a metal band,but it sure rocks!!!:headbang

Arrogance

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

i'm not so much into metal,though i like some stuff^^
actually i really love system of a down!!
i don't know if you can call soad a metal band,but it sure rocks!!!:headbang
OF COURSE YOU CAN CALL THEM METAL!!!!......CAUSE THEY ARE!!!....granted that their most recent albums weren't as metal as in the past as a whole thats their genre. I love SOAD, I really miss them though too :(. The only up side to the hiatus is Serj Tankian's solo album was pretty ill. Empty Wall and the Unthinking Majority are some of my favorites from that album. Supposedly he's making a second one too.

no_regretsYSL

Reaction score
Country
United States

I'm happy as hell that there is a METAL forum here! Top bands for me are:

Between the Buried and Me (BTBAM)
Mastodon
Opeth
All Shall Perish
August Burns Red
Red Chord/Within the Ruins

Last edited:

Arrogance

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Kudos for the Mastodon ;). I just got my tickets to go see them live with Dethklok at the end of this month at the Hammerstein Ballroom in Manhattan!!! CAN'T WAIT FOR THE EPICNESS!!!!

conn-man

Reaction score
Country
United States

anyone else listen to white chapel?

CBlitz

Reaction score
Country
United States

no_regretsYSL

Reaction score
Country
United States

Kudos for the Mastodon ;). I just got my tickets to go see them live with Dethklok at the end of this month at the Hammerstein Ballroom in Manhattan!!! CAN'T WAIT FOR THE EPICNESS!!!!
I got my ticket on Sunday finally! I'll be seeing them next tuesday at the Lifestyle Communities Pavilion in Columbus. Man this show will be so epic.

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum

Anyone else has heard Rammstein's new album Liebe ist für alles da already?

CBlitz

Reaction score
Country
United States

cool, Rammstein has a new album, gonna go check that out.

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Anyone into Doom and Black metal?