\m/ THE METAL THREAD!!! \m/ | Page 18 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

\m/ THE METAL THREAD!!! \m/

TStew

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I mentioned Iced Earth above a few months ago, and well they were in town so had to check em out. I've never been to a metal concert before, only been to a few concerts period. But couldnt pass up the chance to see em. They played with Sabaton and ReVamp which I hadn't heard of, but they all were pretty cool to see. I like more of their older stuff with prior lead singer Matt Barlow, but the newer stuff though a bit heavier and different still good.

A few cell phone pics:

danzouismadara

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
motorhead, danzig, slayer, alice in chains!!

Aazholh

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Last edited by a moderator:

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
wood is the new metal

TStew

Reaction score
Country
United States
Funny stuff Akainu :thumbs

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don’t consider myself a metal girl, but I do like some metal bands. Below are my favorite metal bands:

Within Temptation

Nightwish

Mägo de Oz

Rata Blanca

Bonefist

Reaction score
Country
Joker
I love old-school Metal. I don't like modern Metal, the sound is too polished, and there is too many genre. Like Ultra-Brutal-Melodic-Grind-Metal. People don't know what to invent to be particular. Stop putting things into boxes, damn it. :mad

Some songs, randomly.

TStew

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don’t consider myself a metal girl, but I do like some metal bands. Below are my favorite metal bands:
Is that first one considered metal? Nice songs though btw, never heard of any of those.

I love old-school Metal. I don't like modern Metal, the sound is too polished, and there is too many genre. Like Ultra-Brutal-Melodic-Grind-Metal. People don't know what to invent to be particular. Stop putting things into boxes, damn it. :mad
Hey Bonefist, if I'm not mistaken our avatars are related :super

Yeah agree the old-school is where it is with metal. Though I do like some modern stuff too but sure its a bit different. I don't know how they are all classified but I think I tend to like more of a power-metal. I still like to be able to hear what they are saying (and understand it) - powerful vocals. And I like the ones that are more musically complex. Not to pick on one of the top bands in the world (I love em) but for example ACDC... saying "she's got the jack" over and over and over doesn't make a good song. I want some catchy chorus but also good lyrics, musically complex and changing beat now and then.

Bonefist

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Our avatars aren't related anymore ! =P

Yeah Power Metal is melodic, singer has a clear voice, but I don't like when it's too melodic. This sentence doesn't make sense, actually. :teehee

And for AC/DC, I never liked them, simply.

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Is that first one considered metal? Nice songs though btw, never heard of any of those.
I’m glad you liked the songs! :) And yes, Within Temptation is a metal band. It is a Dutch symphonic metal band. Here is another song from them:

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

Another great song from Nightwish:

TStew

Reaction score
Country
United States
Another great song from Nightwish:
First one didn't work, might be because I'm at work, will try looking more of their songs up at home later. But that last one I can really rock out to. Think for sure I am adding that to my mp3 list for when I'm working out or running. :thumbs

I'll throw in a few more for my favorite not so well known metal band Iced Earth.

They don't have many songs with official videos but here is a recent one (2011), with lead singer Stu Block, thats pretty good:

Lead singer Matt Barlow probably was the most liked and did the most songs for the band... many of them had religious meanings, this is one from 1998 that is pretty popular. Part of their saga of songs that all tell an alternate explanation of humanity. This is taken from Jesus' POV around the crucifixion.

And an earlier song (1995) also sung by Barlow, the complete opposite of the above, about Lucifer, and Dante's travels through the nine circles of Hell. It tells a very long story, like one of the longest freakin songs ever at over 16 minutes. And re-recorded in 2011 with Stu Block (also a great) at over 17 minutes!!

Our avatars aren't related anymore ! =P
Booo! I vow to never change my avatar on any anime/manga forum to anything but Claymore. Yeah I have an addiction. And hey they are related right, a Claymore is heavy metal! Always loved the bits of electric guitar and jrock they put in some of the Claymore soundtracts too.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I listen to pretty much any kind of metal from bands like All That Remains, August Burns Red, Bury Tomorrow, Disarmonia Mundi, Five Finger Death Punch, The Ghost Inside to bands like Dragonforce, Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, Soilwork, InFlames, Rise of the North Star.
Some of my all time favorite songs would be:
Killswitch Engage - The End of a Heartache
All That Remains - Not Alone
The Used - Sound Effects and Overdramatics

YumaKuga

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
RIP Lemmy. You were such a badass

Akainu

Magma♥
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
♠
if anyone should need it.
R.I.P Lemmy :\m/

YumaKuga

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
He died playing his fave video game I hear

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Gotta say my personal fave metal song of 2015 is by Tribulation. I've started listening to Deafheaven too this year, but haven't found any particular track that clicks with me in their first album. Their tunes are fantastic though.

Akainu

Magma♥
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
So today there is an album release by one of my favorite bands lately, Sabaton. It's called The Last Stand and yet again deals with lots of historic battles.
They released three of the tracks prior to today. Here's Shiroyama:

And then there is Metallica releasing a new album later this year (Nov. 18) on two discs, called Hardwired.. To Self-Destruct. A video for the titletrack has been released with the announcement:

dogedoge

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes dude!

Love new HSB