Light Novel - Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei by Satou Tsutomu and Ishida Kana | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Light Novel Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei by Satou Tsutomu and Ishida Kana

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Caught up to 16.

I really feel like Miyuki belongs on the throne of the bro-con hall of fame. So weird. The stuff at the end of 16 just make it all the stranger.:amuse
It was good to finally see her confess. And Tatsuya's reaction was pretty cool IMO. He just wants to try it because of his brotherly love, but it shows Miyuki is far too clingy.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm not to high on Tatsuya X Miyuki as a couple but I'm also glad to see her get that out into the open too.

The fact that it may not have practical barriers with the genetic side of things doesn't really change the strangeness. There is still just this aura of wrongness around it to me.

So my loyalties are as always...

Tatsuya X Mayumi
Masaki X Miyuki

And of course...

Mizuki X Mikihiko

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Tatsuya X Mayumi
But of course! :hi5

I like the confession because she won't keep hiding all of her frustration anymore. I really, really like Masaki, while Miyuki, not so much, not sure I'd like to see him with her. Unless she gets some kind of character development I could never imagine them together. I preferred Mikihiko with Erika tbh but Mikihiko x Mizuki is set in stone.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Mikihiko X Erika could be good. I don't really love her and Leo. Which isn't a thing yet, but it seems like it will be to me.

The set up from volume 16 makes me think that down the road Maya plans to have Miyuki killed or put her in a situation where she will be. She's basically his control mechanism right? So I have to think she's just waiting for him to get powered up enough to be the weapon of wrath she wants then take away the only thing that can hold him back. So that's what I think is waiting for her unless Tatsuya finds a way to sidestep it.

The most important thing is that Tatsuya X Mayumi needs to happen. The part with them in the hotel was fantastic. Especially when she dropped that bomb on him when he was with Miyuki. She's the only one that can play him like that.:XD

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I still haven't finished 14 or read 15-16. I need to do that.

I don't care for Masaki, but I never have and I never will.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I used to feel like that but he's growing on me. The way he goes from being a badass to getting all flustered because of Miyuki is pretty funny to me.

Mahouka's female cast outshines thier male counterparts by quite a bit. It's sort of like there is Tatsuya on top then there is Mikihiko a few tiers down and then everybody else trying to climb out of the basement. I think Masaki is working is way up to at least the lobby.

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Did the guy who can also use Gram Dispersion ever turn into anything/anyone relevant? The guy who can only use short range attacks.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Tomitsuka Hagane? Not really. He was important for that one story arc but I don't think we've seen him recently. The Saegusa sisters are the only part of that which have been around lately.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Did the guy who can also use Gram Dispersion ever turn into anything/anyone relevant? The guy who can only use short range attacks.
Gram Demolition you mean. He got a new attack at the NSC, that's all.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
There will be an announcement Thursday(release of Volume 19 BTW). If it's about an anime it'll probably be a S2 or an adaptation of Reminiscence.

Their adaptation was bad but I'd like a S2 just to see Lina animated.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Cant wait, it had such a good OST.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
It's a movie.

Most likely Reminiscence adaptation. It's what I wanted for this volume when the anime was airing.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Released in english. Im glad I can finally buy it. They even kept the color pages.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Completed Volume 17.

Politics, affairs, arranged marriages, Katsuto is the offical head of his clan, Shippou replaces the Kudou. Maya's plan really made things ugly. The situation must be so embarrassing for Masaki, and there's Koichi using Mayumi's feelings like that, poor girl...:sad. Gu Jie is probably really possessed by someone.

It was cool to read about some of the abilities of the heads, that Speed-Loader especially.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Finished Volume 18. I usually have no problem with Mahouka politics but there is too much of it since Volume 16 ended, because of this many interactions were kinda boring. Tatsuya, Masaki(poor guy) and Katsuto working together is very interesting. It would be cool to see what Tomokazu could do as well. The first chapters, along with the action parts were the best part of this volume, that umbrella scene with Mayumi as well :blush. I will keep rooting for her till the end. I am starting to like Izumi a lot, Takuma got some character development but she is far more entertaining than he and Kasumi, even her fangirl attitude is not particularly bothering me now.

YbKWzNEb

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Best girl Lina Hype. In the movie. Hoping for s2 announcement. :hearts

Also new movie pv

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Some character designs have been horrible in the anime(Haruka for example) but Lina's is so pretty. I love it, much more than in the LN. She truly deserves to be called the prettiest. I hated how they ruined Tatsuya and several other things but I can't say I would not be happy to watch a S2.

YbKWzNEb

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Some character designs have been horrible in the anime(Haruka for example) but Lina's is so pretty. I love it, much more than in the LN. She truly deserves to be called the prettiest. I hated how they ruined Tatsuya and several other things but I can't say I would not be happy to watch a S2.
I hope s2 annoucement at the end of the movie just like on SAO ordinal scale. Waiting for this panel to be animated. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)