Light Novel - Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei by Satou Tsutomu and Ishida Kana | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Light Novel Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei by Satou Tsutomu and Ishida Kana

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't know if we'll see the third year's NSC, or if we'll be focusing more on the politics of the 10 Families and everything. I can't imagine that it'll go on too long before Tatsuya kills/deposes Maya, and once that happens, Miyuki and Tatsuya gain new status in the world and might not have time (as they'd be the heirs, you'd be sure that Miyuki would change the way the family sees Tatsuya once she became the Clan Head) to expend to the NSC, given that Miyuki would be the leader of the most powerful family.

Wait, Zhou had Ghost Walker as well? I thought that only the Chinese commander had that...

Lu Gonghu wasn't, in my opinion, all that strong. He was strong against primarily blade wielding combatants, but he failed pretty badly in all of his battles against combatants who didn't solely fight with weapons.

I expected Zhou to be fairly strong, given that the shadow manipulator usually has a certain level of strength in order to be relevant in most stories that contain shadow manipulators.
Yes, Zhou has Ghost Walker, it was also mentioned in Chapter 8.

The selection is for next year and Maya said she'd want Tatsuya to keep a low profile for 6 months. It might be wishful thinking but I'd want to see him compete for the last year without hiding his powers since the reveal about the candidates is for the 3rd year too plus the twins will be 2nd years :zomg. I really don't see Tatsuya killing Maya, she is not a nuisance, and helps to protect Miyuki, they share the same interests. She considers him as a member of the clan but is afraid of him...And I like her :blush.

I don't consider Lu as particularly strong either for the same reason as you but he is still one of the top 10 martial artists. He had the hype at least, though his consecutive defeats were perfectly justified.

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I do like that volume cover, but I might prefer a lower angle.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I just noticed than unlike the other covers the logo is missing. Isn't it odd? They were not missing for the other ones.

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
It is...It could be a pre-copy of it or something, not sure.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Finished v13. Loved that Kent Smith and Shippou Takuma had shown some face time in the volume. Otherwise good focus on Kuroba and Yotsuba characters. The conflict felt a bit pointless at the end of the day but I think it set the stage for an larger Great Asian Alliance plot in the future. I imagine Pixie will continue to be important in these things., while Minami will forever replace Juumonji's role for defense since the third years are just about all gone.

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Updates for V14CH1

Onii-sama :lmao. If Tatsuya doesn't compete then George's victory is assured.
I've been wondering the entire time why it's taken them so long to translate Volume 14. Did their original translators quit or something?

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Long, this feels short, I remember when they were many volumes behind.

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Long, this feels short, I remember when they were many volumes behind.
So do I. However, once they started to translate the volumes at a more rapid pace, a lot of the volumes were somewhat quickly done. It took ages for Volume 13 to get translated. It's been five months for Volume 14 (although they didn't start translating it at first because they were still working on Volume 13) and we don't have a chapter done.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I've been wondering the entire time why it's taken them so long to translate Volume 14. Did their original translators quit or something?
The main translator, Dreyakis, who was translating from Chinese has not enough time, there are still 2 translators working on it but they are not as fast as him, V14CH5 is completed at least but it won't be on BT before the others are done.

EDIT: Just seen on BT that Sashiko completed Chapter 2 and 4 too but they need edit and spellcheck. Maybe Joay will work on Chapter 3 when the first one will be completed. She is translating V15CH1.

Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I usually just wait until the whole volume is done, the previous volumes and doing them from what seemed like shortest volumes to longest was too insane.

At least its still going...the listed translator checker is dropping my other favorite LN, mokushiroku arisu :(

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I actually read most of Volume 13 as it came out, but yeah, I usually wait until the volume's complete to read it.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I starting this up and have been enjoying it but I'm curious if you guys feel the same sense of ill will toward the authors choice of names for the primary female characters.

- Miyuki
- Mizuki
- Mayumi

I didn't notice it when I was watching the anime but in print that is such a dick move.:XD

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I starting this up and have been enjoying it but I'm curious if you guys feel the same sense of ill will toward the authors choice of names for the primary female characters.

- Miyuki
- Mizuki
- Mayumi

I didn't notice it when I was watching the anime but in print that is such a dick move.:XD
I don't have a problem with it, but all of us read it before the anime came out, so it wasn't an issue to us. Miyuki and Mizuki, if they're in the same scene, could be confusing, but usually there are qualifiers in the text that make it very obvious, such as an "Onii-san" or something about Mizuki's eyes, so it's not an issue. Mayumi's name isn't as similar, plus there's always bits about being the Student Council President or being part of the Saegusa family, so it's always easy to distinguish her.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I had a problem with names at the beginning too, though I had no trouble distinguishing them, I remember I was reading with the BT page listing characters name. He did say in an afterword that he is bad with names as well.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Miyuki and Mayumi have 3 of the first letters in common(Mizuki has 4 of 6 letters in common with Mayuki but isn't as bad with Mayumi). That's like having characters named Erik, Erika, and Erica.

If it didn't bother you it didn't bother you, I guess. It definitely slows down my reading speed in scenes with all of them in it.

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Well, that's unfortunate, Jammin. While it never bothered me, you are right that it's foolish to have three characters who interact with each other with similar names.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't mean to give the impression it's hurting my enjoyment of the series or anything. It's just something funny that I've been noticing. It might be more noticeable to me because I normally read pretty fast. So when I have to stop to double check who the last sentence I just read was about or spoken by that pause tends to stand out.

It also probably doesn't help that I'm reading a version that was PDF converted to kindle and some of the paragraph formatting is messed up. Adding another layer of difficulty.