Feedback - MangaHelpers Development Suggestion Thread | Page 16 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Feedback MangaHelpers Development Suggestion Thread

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
For some reason these mobile device simulators don't give the correct screen resolution which makes them pretty useless for testing, I had checked out similar sites. We got it working for Hardy's phone, the problem seems to be solved for now. :nod
While that's true I've checked that this one is quite efficient. In my work I use it all the time since I already compared with real devices and it's mostly the same thing (Although javascript simulation doesn't always are right without jquery mobile)

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Oh, yes, they may be useful for most purposes, what I mean is that when you read screen resolution using JavaScript, they all display the resolution of the host system (go to this link), not the simulated device, so I can't test our site properly.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Oh, yes, they may be useful for most purposes, what I mean is that when you read screen resolution using JavaScript, they all display the resolution of the host system (go to this link), not the simulated device, so I can't test our site properly.
Oh that. Do it with PHP and a debug mode, I guess. It's what I usually do. Sometimes AJAX is a blessing. <3

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
i am a fan of the drop down buttons that re-size with the zoom via mobile

it almost gives you the same convenience as being on a mobile app without actually being a mobile app

the only down side is the further you zoom the bigger the buttons get, thus making your entire screen buttons when you try to zoom in on something, i am not sure if there is some way in the code to limit the re-sizing of the buttons, but overall it is still a nice tool for navagating, you just cannot zoom all the way in

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Hmm, it seems you have the same problem as Hardy. What is your screen resolution? Check it here.

narutotheory

Reviewer
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm having a problem with advertisements on this website.

This half screen advertisement shows up on the homepage, it's un-close-able when I click on the X....and it even moves with my screen when I scroll.

Not only that...

It also turns into an invisible advertisement when I go around the mangahelper site, to actual forum pages...and is still un-close-able when I click on the X....this also prevents me from clicking on the bottom half of my screen because it keeps clicking the advertisement.

Is there anything you can do about this?

Reactions: M3J

Freid

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't know if this has been suggested before but what about making it so that we get a notification whenever we're quoted?

narutotheory

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Is the advertisement thing being looked into :/?

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Is the advertisement thing being looked into :/?
As far as I know, we don't have much control over how these advertisements function since they come from other sites but if you have a consistent problem, you can report the offending advertisement to [USER]Osso[/USER] and he can let other parties know and perhaps they take action and remove or fix it.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
well i've never had problems with ads regarding MH... so maybe it's a browser thing?

Lomahongva

Reaction score
Country
Spain
happens on every computer I log onto.
Regarding your ads problem, I suggest you to clear your browser's cookies and then, install the AdBlock (Plus or Pro) plugin on your browser. If you still have problems, you could try to install a PopUp Blocker Software. In my case I use AdFender.

Hope it helps. :)

Last edited:

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
ive been getting alot of annoying pop-up ads on MH lately, some before i log in and some always in the bottom corner of my screen like a video

i can probably get a group of my friends on here including myself to chip in with some donation money if thats what it takes to get rid of the ads, because as posters we dont really like them. that doesnt mean they are horrendously bad or that we are going to post somewhere else if the owner absolutely wont get rid of them

but if there is some way we can help out and not have to see ads when we come here to post then both parties win

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States
Is it from this? I got that long ago, but I got rid of it using that method.

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
This problem with ads is strange because here I've never seen any ads in the forum since I became member. The forum is free of ads and I don't use ad blockers.
Do a scan with your antivirus, see your browser extensions and so on. For my experience with the forum, the problem is not with it.

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
I don't know about him, but I can't, and it's really annoying.
We're considering changing our ad provider, hopefully it'll put an end to those problems.