Marvel Comics Discussion Thread! | Page 42 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

Hollow Kurono

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
How will you call this scorpion?Venomus-Scorpion or Anti-AntiVenom?Well this is sick and lame,I never saw what Scorpion can do in a comic book,only on tv,now ofcourse theres gonna be some fightin and still Anti-Venom and Spidey will win.

I wish Mephisto turns everythin back the way it was.I understand "House of M" was good when reality was changed,but this is not that good,atleast can someone draw better.

Lohnt

Reaction score
Country
Greece
To be honest I've only read one comic from like the 70's on Gargan.. I don't think he's really been in the spotlight before he got the suit, except in other publications (non Amazing which is the main storyline).

I think he doesn't appear in the 90's.. I have a collection of Amazing Spidey from creation to 2006 but it's in New York, and I can't access it right now.. But honestly I don't think he's been in the spotlight for a while.

As for Anti-anti-Venom (good name!~~~) he'll probably be stronger than anti-venom and Spidey, and we'll get our new Carnage this way.. although I still would prefer Cletus to Gargan.

manu

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Pay attention to Secret Invasion, nothing happens with Venom/Scorpion. I bet the only thing of substance that comes out of this storyline is a defeated Brock who gets captured by either Norman or Mr. Negative and all the thunderbolts return to previous powerlevels. Though I imagine there is a strong grudge at the end of the fight, Venom was excited to attack spiderman while in the middle of the invasion so i expect to be amused with the last chapter at the very least.

warbandit66

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anybody here been reading the Young X-men series? I've noticed it's received a fair bit of criticism from posters on other forums but I've really enjoyed it so far, especially the latest one, with a new artistic team and character development, and alot of me will probably disagree with me but Ink has got to be the coolest character out of the bunch, dust is pretty awesome too.

I'd like to know what you guys think.

Lohnt

Reaction score
Country
Greece
I haven't really followed Young X-men, I guess because I'm not too interested in the team. I prefer to hear about Elixir in X-force for example.

Anyway, reviews:
Deadpool: Great issue, love the last page, he really does do something awesome in SI, but no one will ever know. But the series really does seem to focus a lot on the comedy, and in an issue like this, at least the last couple of pages could have used a more serious tone.
New Avengers: Interesting read, nothing more. Nothing exciting really, just stuff about House of M.
Runaways: I agree with the reviews this issue. I didn't particularly like it, bunch of brats all talking at once and having no particular interest, the story didn't even seem to advance all that much. I guess the writing has fallen a bit.
Thunderbolts: Eh, it was good, but not great. Not as good as the previous SI issues anyway. Art has kind of fallen in quality also.

Lastly HRulk:
What can I say.. the arc is finally done (somewhat), we are left more confused than ever. I think people consider the victory to be a one on one battle, when it really wasn't.
As Rulk is about to knock out Hulk, Thor saves him, and as Rulk is going to counterattack Thor (despite him saying he bested him) Hulk jumps him/blindsides him. It really was a 2 on 1 and thus a decent victory.

Status quo was restored by retconning 2 victories, and Rulk's intelligence.

However, the ending is interesting, at the very least I can consider this a crappy 1970's storyline that has potential for Rulk's future. Although I still hate his design (red v. of Hulk).

If they changed his look a little, and continued the focus on him in the Hulk series (because it does seem like he is the protagonist moreso than the Hulk), I wouldn't mind following the story. I don't really care for his identity anymore, since it doesn't make as much of an impact now that the likely suspects are out.

The whole "gave you everything" business is definately interesting though. Makes me wonder if Mastermind or some other smart character (please Doom?) is behind this whole thing.

But anyway, this controversial arc is done and.. thank goodness. I can only say it ended no better (writing wise) than it started so, whatever.

By the way, Samson should be a villain, it really suits him more. He even fits into the whole Thunderbolts dynamic.

Last edited:

Hollow Kurono

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
Spider-Man:Secret Invasion it was preety intersting and wasnt tired readin it,even tho Spidey was in a couple of pages.I like Jackpot,she realy reminds you of MJ,but that aint her,probably,but I would love to see MJ with Peter togheter,which they actualy will and I hope that skrull eats Bennets brains out,cause hes anoyin and he aint like J.Jona.Jameson at all,I miss that guy,he was hilarious.

Wolverin Origins 28 preety intersting,I realy want the Daken/Wolverine relationship to go well,I want them to get along,imagine what a team they would make.How come Daken grew so tall :D I love this comic,just its so troublesome that it comes out once in a month.

And does anyone have "Avengers: The Initiative #14"?

Eboria

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Deadpool 2: I gotta say that I didn't really like the first issue of the new Deadpool series but after reading the second issue I'm starting to like it a bit better, the insane comedy is there. Still it's not up to the old Deadpool comics level but at this rate it won't be long.
Nova 17: I've loved this series since the first issue and the love isn't stopping yet, I like how it involves Nova in SI. And I really liked the reveal at the end.
Fantastic Four 560:I'm not really sure what I think about the current arc, I feel that I've missed reading something. But it's still not a bad arc.

wrstljr

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah I agree with you on Deadpool...mainly cause I feel its a completely different take on the character.

Fabian isn't writing him anymore right, and he's pretty much wrote every deadpool chapter since forever? Thats probably what I've been noticing. Normally he's Mr. Pop culture joking in his own insane way but it still makes sense to him haha whereas now he's like a Loony Toon Killing machine. Different writers will do that though.

It's still one of the better marvel titles in the past couple months...but I miss old hilarious Wade when he played off of Cable being the straight man.

On the other hand...Cables title pretty much sucks.

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
well concerning Deadpool. its sweet ass bananas that he has his own title again cause the dude rocks. without question the funniest marvel char ever created.

but i agree that its a different feel than "Cable & Deadpool". but its only been 2 issues yet. i'll give it some time before i give it a judgment. i mean we don't know if he's still working with agency X or if Bob is still there or anything.
but when i first read issue 1 i was like, noooooooo! not even deadpool is that retarded is he?

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Fortunately for you, Boff, 'Pool have not yet fallen that low as to sell his skills to the Skrulls
I personally this run would last longer than C&D and will not be involving Cable in the series. That guy is too serious to be with Deadpool.

Lohnt

Reaction score
Country
Greece
When does he do what you mention in the spoiler?

Also I am glad Fury shows up, it shows they haven't forgotten C&D, because a lot of important character development happened to Deadpool. He shouldn't just be all out nutso like in the original Deadpool, he should have bouts of brilliance like in Civil War. Where he made THE ONLY pro-registration speech that made me think registration made sense.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
In the last pages of Deadpool #1.

But, as you know it was all a ruse by the command of Nick Fury. :D

Lohnt

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Holy crap, the end of deadpool 3 was.. amazophonemonal! Bea Arthur, and Nick and _____ !~!@!$R!@!!!! Woot!

This series is turning out WAAAAAAAAAY better than I expected, it may even be mainstream Marvel if this keeps up. He had a moment of brilliance, just like I wanted, and on top of that there was a moment I didn't expect. The writers were right, this series is full of surprises.

manu

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Pleasantly surprised is how I felt too. It wasn't an epic start, I mean it is a tie-in but what better way to introduce major characters. I didn't learn anything new, but its a great way to understand who Deadpool is. I mean I forgot the cancer part...

Marvel has some good projects but I'm dropping more than I'm reading. Burned out of Bendis I guess.

Hollow Kurono

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
Read Spider-Man 574 well its been a long time since a chapter was this good,imo.So I liked the art and what went it.Its to bad about Flash tho..

..the cover for the next issue loox good.GOOOD!

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Japan
This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread [split]41761HERE[/split]