MH Manga Awards 2011 Discussion Thread | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

MH Manga Awards 2011 Discussion Thread

Shinomori Aoshi

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
How exactly are you going to handle the tie-breaks in many categories?

BlackHair

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I think it would be great if you guys would make another announcement on the front page about the voting with links to all the threads of each category. We should get a lot more voters and it will hopefully make for a close matchup now that the nominations are down to 5 in most of the categories.
I agree. The awards needs more advertisement. Honestly, I didn't even know that there were such last year. Im one of those guys who are only fixed with a certain part of the forum, for me its shounen and mostly one piece.

PM, front page advertisement, and perhaps a thread/post in every nominated section/thread. Just some rnd ideas.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
How exactly are you going to handle the tie-breaks in many categories?
I'm gonna choose the ones I like.

Bias ftw!

I'm joking by the way.

And we have done front page advertisement, I think. I think we did that last year as well? We (I know I did) also advertised the Awards in Chapter Discussion. We have advertised, but it takes members wantin to participate to get the ball rolling.

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
I agree. The awards needs more advertisement. Honestly, I didn't even know that there were such last year. Im one of those guys who are only fixed with a certain part of the forum, for me its shounen and mostly one piece.

PM, front page advertisement, and perhaps a thread/post in every nominated section/thread. Just some rnd ideas.
Hum the mod cannot do everything, it is also to us to be a bit curious how mangahelpers community works. I was like you at first only in the one piece forum. Then when I want to discover new manga to read, I started to look at other threads and I made great discoveries. Mangahelpers mods do a really great job on that concern with the recommendation threads and the different MH events. There are plenty of ways to know what happens : the top banner, the home page, facebook, twitter... so I think it is the members job to be a little active and have a look at these links themselves and not simply waiting for being PMed.

Last edited:

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I think it would be great if you guys would make another announcement on the front page about the voting with links to all the threads of each category. We should get a lot more voters and it will hopefully make for a close matchup now that the nominations are down to 5 in most of the categories.

Adding to what M3J and k-dom had said, we did post info about this manga/anime awards at the front page as a news, making a forum-wide announcement which you can see in every forum you visit, perhaps posting in hangout threads at several sections, and in addition putting links to our signatures. Personally I think those are all enough as notifications for all members that we have something going on. ^^ All returns to members themselves, whether you would like to participate in this kind of activity or not. ;D

HegemonKhan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
About Best Action...

you guys/girls just tied the tie breaker (a 3 way tie for the tie breaker, lol... not much of a tie BREAKER, lol) !!!! V.V (J/K, hehe)

[mod=HegemonKhan]
We've decided to have all 3 of them join the other 4 nominees, for a total of 7 nominees (7 Nominations).[/mod]

crimsonlink310

Reaction score
Country
United States
Funny how best action got the least amount of votes/nominations but a tied poll.

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
[mod=Josef K.]The polls have been added, please everyone go vote and choose you favorites.[/mod]

Last edited:

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
An important side note to everyone:

The poll for Best Shoujo had been stripped and re-added back. There was a mistake in the nomination of Love Hina because it is not a shoujo series, but a shounen series. You can read more info of Love Hina in this page. Therefore, the poll has been reset. All votes have been removed. Therefore, you need to vote if you have voted before.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Happy voting! :tem

mattiaildivino

Reaction score
Country
Italy
when will results be out?

Goral

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Practically all categories should be renamed to "the best [insert a category] out of the most popular titles". One Piece for a reason unknown to me is the most popular manga here so it's in almost every category, even in the best artwork (or spread page where it's been nominated 2 times) *facepalm*.

crimsonlink310

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah there really should be a rule that you can nominate different events from one manga series but the poll can't have more than one nomination per manga.

Like Female lead where Lucy and Erza are on the poll even though both are from Fairy Tail.

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
Practically all categories should be renamed to "the best [insert a category] out of the most popular titles". One Piece for a reason unknown to me is the most popular manga here so it's in almost every category, even in the best artwork (or spread page where it's been nominated 2 times) *facepalm*.
Why didn't you help the others series during the nomination then ? For most of the categories there was only 1 or 2 votes difference.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I tend to disagree, there's a fair share of rather unknown series too and quite a lot managed to advance to the final round. Of course you can not prevent the fact that popular series will most likely come far or win a specific award, that's a given and banning like f.ex. the big three would make quite a few people angry/disappointed (and would be unfair too).

The main goal I see in this award is the recommendation of series, maybe even making rather unknown series more popular. I can only speak for myself but there are series I checked out because of this award and I wasn't disappointed. I'm pretty sure that there are more people here who experienced the same.

Support the series you like, that will have a much bigger effect than complaining about popular series :)

Yeah there really should be a rule that you can nominate different events from one manga series but the poll can't have more than one nomination per manga.

Like Female lead where Lucy and Erza are on the poll even though both are from Fairy Tail.
now your first sentence is kinda contradicting :s am I right that you want the poll to only have one event/character of a series (and not two or three)? Seems not so good to me, we will respect the people's opinion and if they decide that there's more than one event/character in one series who's worth voting for I don't see the reason to forbid the series to advance.

crimsonlink310

Reaction score
Country
United States
now your first sentence is kinda contradicting :s am I right that you want the poll to only have one event/character of a series (and not two or three)? Seems not so good to me, we will respect the people's opinion and if they decide that there's more than one event/character in one series who's worth voting for I don't see the reason to forbid the series to advance.
But what happens is that the 5 slots are taken up by 2 or more events from one series. Lets take OP as an example for theoretical 2012 best death award.

People nominate Ace's death, Merry Go's death and Whitebeard's death. From there everyone's support and nominations are counted.

1. Ace's death: 7 supporters
2. Merry Go's death:5 supporters
3. Whitebeard's death: 4 supporters
4. Random manga death: 6 supporters
5. Random manga death: 3 supporters

every other manga: 1 or 2 nomination/supporters.

What that does is it make the poll very limited to events from one manga. Even if it was just 2 events thats still one poll slot that could have been given to another series.

I don't want to limit people's choices either but I personally don't think its right for one manga to have more than one slot in the poll which is already very limited in space to 5 slots.

ashher

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
after reading some of the posts, i think that some are expecting too much from a 'poll'. A poll will always reflect popularity, that's the very basic idea there. Sure one may think that popular works aren't the quality ones, but you can't force ppl to think that way...and awards will go to the popular ones in a poll. I don't see anything wrong with that...

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
The voting round has ended, guys, thanks for participating in this contest this year as well. Be assured that we will publish the results as soon as possible, so please stay tuned, and keep an eye on this section.