Hangout - MH's Butler Café | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout MH's Butler Café

miyavisoap

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
hmm, kizuna is good. and the story of JR is so cute and the art isnt that bad at all.

have you read this thing called Darling? i read the first volume and it was really good :darn

boszz

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
hmm, kizuna is good. and the story of JR is so cute and the art isnt that bad at all.

have you read this thing called Darling? i read the first volume and it was really good :darn
do you mean darling by Nishimura Shuuko or something else :>

miyavisoap

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
yahh, that's it. have you read it?

boszz

Reaction score
Country
Poland
of course i read it ^^ but imo it wasnt so great , it was worth reading but nothing more

and what about love mode or pretty long one Kusatta Kyoushi no Houteishik this is what yaoi is about <3<3 mrr

Last edited:

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
and what about love mode or pretty long one Kusatta Kyoushi no Houteishik this is what yaoi is about <3<3 mrr

Are you talking about love mode by Yuki Shimizu? I really love the current series Ze that she's doing. THe supernatural content is 'interesting' :amuse

I am still struggling with reading Kizuna, can't really understand what's the hype about though. Anyone can explain?

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Love Mode <333

Oh, and thank you for reminding me on Kusatta Kyoushi no Houteishik. Still need to continue it <3

I am still struggling with reading Kizuna, can't really understand what's the hype about though. Anyone can explain?
I love Kizuna, seriously. It's not as good as Fake but on the same story level and I'm a sucker for this kind of long relationship manga.

Though, I have to admit I needed to struggle through the first two volumes too. You can clearly see that the mangaka wasn't sure about the story in the beginning and the old art style doesn't help either. It becomes really good when it moves from short situations to the long story arc, around volume four, I think. And the art style improves a lot as well, it makes a huge jump to the better over the year (see her recent series: Border).

The character interaction is wonderful and deep in the later volumes, I really feel with every single person and the mangaka creates a lot of incredible sweet situations with wonderfuuul panels. If I would need to compare it to other longer series, it's definitive better than Viewfinder and Haru wo Daite Ita. None of these two make me care for the characters much. They focus mainly on creating situations for sex while Kizuna goes more into the romantic, carrying direction like Fake although it has a steady and sexual active main couple from the start and therefor provides the 'fanservice' that Fake was missing in the middle ^^

More series like this, I say! More! :drool

Last edited:

boszz

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Are you talking about love mode by Yuki Shimizu? I really love the current series Ze that she's doing. THe supernatural content is 'interesting' :amuse
There's only one true love mode ^ ^ and its made by yuki shimizu

well i have to read kizuna ( i only watched some ova if i remember clearly) and it looked somehow weird so i didnt touch the manga .. but propably in weekend i'll try to read it

well the Kusatta Kyoushi no Houteishik few first volumes looked weird too (its a shame on me that i kept it for so long without reading)

another good oine is Koi no Tsumeato ( even thought the uke is most annoying one i've seen so far)

eni

Reaction score
Country
Germany
well i have to read kizuna ( i only watched some ova if i remember clearly) and it looked somehow weird so i didnt touch the manga ..
Core rule: Never watch OVAs before reading the manga :shakefist

They're always out of context, weird and overall worse than the original. Especially boys love OVAs since they're just extended DramCDs (extended = video added >.>). Plus they're way to short to get known to the characters. It's much more enjoyable to watch them after you familiarized with them already :amuse

another good oine is Koi no Tsumeato ( even thought the uke is most annoying one i've seen so far)
Koide Mieko's works ain't bad but I agree that her uke are always a little... too much uke >.>;

boszz

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Core rule: Never watch OVAs before reading the manga :shakefist

They're always out of context, weird and overall worse than the original. Especially boys love OVAs since they're just extended DramCDs (extended = video added >.>). Plus they're way to short to get known to the characters. It's much more enjoyable to watch them after you familiarized with them already :amuse

Koide Mieko's works ain't bad but I agree that her uke are always a little... too much uke >.>;
now i know that even thought there was one if i remember clearly Kira's Papa or something like that i really enjoyed that and later manga

in Koi no Tsumeato the only one i liked was Ao <3 even thought he wasnt so pure and all but you just couldnt dislike him ...
and another one i dont like in is the ending
till the end kou was sleeping with mikuni and couldnt make his mind ... it was horrible in one panel he's in his arm and the next one everything is okay and he came back to Ao...

Last edited:

miyavisoap

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
yeah, definitely, do NOT watch the OVAs first. that's what i did and i was like, "okay, im not going to read the manga." but because of eni-chan and kaylee-chan, i just got to read it and it was awesome!!!

eni

Reaction score
Country
Germany
now i know that even thought there was one if i remember clearly Kira's Papa or something like that i really enjoyed that and later manga
Heh, indeed. The Kire Papa OVA is very enjoyable even without the manga. But you can really see that they try to tell a story and not just present some fanservice for the manga readers. Sadly, most other OVA of boys love manga are merely an addition and rarely something you can watch standalone :/

in Koi no Tsumeato the only one i liked was Ao <3 even thought he wasnt so pure and all but you just couldnt dislike him ...
and another one i dont like in is the ending
till the end kou was sleeping with mikuni and couldnt make his mind ... it was horrible in one panel he's in his arm and the next one everything is okay and he came back to Ao...
Hmmm...
I prefer when the mangaka solves this particular 'decision problem' a little earlier in the story and not pulls it as final task. That makes it very hard for me to sympathize with the 'man in the middle' and gives the whole story a even more unrealistic touch. Such last-minute-jumps are also a problem in many shoujo sadly and it kinda always ruins the end for me.

As for annoying uke's who can't make up their mind: that's why I love Kodaka's stories. Kizuna, Kusatta, Mezase,... she always starts out with the very cliche of uke/seme and yet it is never cliche. Her uke are thickheaded and pushy and know exactly what they want. Angel look? Yes, but beware! The seme are classic dominant and yet totally soft and the uke know that. You can never predict who's seducing who in the next scene and Kodaka manages to draw some of the most beautiful (and hilarious funny - god, Kusatta cracked me so up :XD) scenes I've ever seen in a boys love manga regardless of her old school drawing style.

She's one of the very few bl mangaka I worship aside from e.g. Matoh, Murakami, Tateno and Miyamoto. All artists who focus on story and characters which let me sometimes forget that I actually read it for the pretty boys in the first place :whoo

yeah, definitely, do NOT watch the OVAs first. that's what i did and i was like, "okay, im not going to read the manga." but because of eni-chan and kaylee-chan, i just got to read it and it was awesome!!!
Glad that you liked it :amuse

Last edited:

eni

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Kirepapa <3

Just wanted to note: Happy Valentine's Releases! :nuts
*glares at MU*

Mass releases and so many... OMG OMG OMG!!! :pmg
Every group there you want to see, I just miss BE/LP *jumps on releases*

Last edited:

boszz

Reaction score
Country
Poland
hah i was reading Ijiwaru na Kuchibiru and loved it so much that i edited it a little

Last edited:

eni

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Oh, how pretty! :hearts
Thanks for the hint, I'll try it later today.

I'm currently catching up with Nishida Higashi's works. Love them <3

boszz

Reaction score
Country
Poland
did you read Kage Aru Tokoro ni ?
I want to try it because it sounds interesing on mangaupdates ^^

eni

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yes, very nice story <333
The humor as well as the drama is great and I like the simple art. It's not explicit at all, though.

I've recommend that one to a friend who's not into yaoi and she liked it as well for the plot and characters :amuse

Last edited:

boszz

Reaction score
Country
Poland
another good one is Koakuma no Sanctuary :kissbunny
i really enjoyed this one ^^ even thought its not completed yet its worth reading

btw Kage Aru Tokoro ni is so great <3<3 i loved it after reading first chapter

*continue reading*:hearts:hearts

Last edited:

miyavisoap

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
i like kage aru tokoro ni too! tho the art isnt much of my style, i really like the plot <33

boszz

Reaction score
Country
Poland
I love it too but what makes me depressed that it was so short i was hoping for some extra chapters but there's none:crying

and there is still kimi no na wa star maybe its not so great like other but its still very enjoyable <3
its short so it doesnt get boring and its worth time i spent on reading this one

Last edited: