Round of 16 - Mira vs. Gray | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 Mira vs. Gray

Who wins?

• Mirajane Strauss

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • Gray Fullbuster

Votes: 32 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Mirajane Strauss
Gray Fullbuster

Voting Rules:
  • This Battle is a 1 vs 1.
  • You may vote for one character in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.
Voting and Discussion ends: August 21th, 2021

Tirl

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
OMG this is amazing. But also bad, cuz we all know Gray is gonna win by votes.

P.Attack - Mira =< Gray
M.Attack - Mira >>> Gray
Defense - Mira >> Gray
Speed - Mira >>> Gray
Intellect - Mira =< Gray
Stamina - Mira <<< Gray
MP - Mira >>> Gray

Obviously Im going with Mira. Gray was shitting his pants in front of her despite being freaking demon slayer and her power is... demon souls xd
I see no chance for Gray to beat her in a fair fight. She can fly, her blast are huge af, she can spam attacks from the sky, she can control other stuff with her magic, she is insanely fast (faster than buffed Racer), her def is fine, but not great, still should be enough, cuz Gray won't even touch her.
Also, she can nodiff him with Macro. Or change into Ur to beat him with moral (just kidding).

Mira wins mid+ diff 6\10

Sevently

Reaction score
Country
France
alvarez gray >> mira >> 100yq gray

Itsnever2k

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I know everyone likes to take seriously the way Gray was scared of Mira, but realistically I don't see what Mira does to beat Gray, his demon slayer abilities makes him a terrible match up for her.

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
The demon slayer inside of Grey will run to the end of the world with its pants down when it sees that it's up against Mira. :hmph:handgun

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Grey for the win, if he takes this fight seriously. Demon Slayer can kill her quickly.

If he takes her like he did on Aldoron, a friend he has to face, I am not sure he will use his deadly weapons against her and he can loose the fight.
Remember, Grey is not like Natsu who competed his friends in a strength contest. Grey couldn't strikes Happy and Carla transformed in enormous monsters.
Mirajane is Fairy Tail's Mascotte and Grey expected her to be exaust enough to not damage her.

For me, with both being serious, Grey is stronger in DS. He has my vote but I know Grey's haters here, so, by votes numbers, he will fall :)

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Gray wins.

Vex_Haid

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Gray stomps, we don't know weather he used DS on mira or not
if he did use then it won't make sense cause his DS held his own against e.n.d

GL_Nova

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
By Grey’s own admission he only stands a chance if she is previously injured. A fresh Mira takes this, Demon Slayer magic and all.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Don't think Gray can access his "darkness" powers that he showed in Alverez willingly

I have 'regular' DeS Gray and Mira in same tier in stats.

I don't think "slayer advantage" is applicable here, since otherwise Gray could one shot Mira, yet he defeated tired Elfman + Mira in a mid-high diff.

Going with Gray extreme diff for now, though I might change my mind later

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm inclined to believe that Gray used Devil Slaying Magic during his fight with Mirajane, since Juvia said he gave it his all. Devil slaying magic isn't something that Gray holds back on using either. He's was willing to use it against the Raijinshu, so no reason he wouldn't against Mirajane.

Darkness is just the POF with negative emotions. Gray can't access it unless he's angry or hateful, but he can still access POF....Which is just as good. At least in the hands of most other good guys.

Mirajane outstats Gray without POF, but once you factor in devil slaying magic and POF, Gray's really on a different level. I'm going to go with Gray, high diff. Extreme diff is a bit much.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
He's was willing to use it against the Raijinshu, so no reason he wouldn't against Mirajane.
Against the Raijinshou, he was forced by Freed. At the begining of the fight, Grey was in difficulty against the trio but managed to freeze them in Classic Ice Make. Even with handicap, he was willing to continue without Devil Slayer Mode. He used it only because of Freed's spell locked his Ice Magic. He had no choice and destroyed them.

Gray is different from Natsu who can fight friends and partners without any state of mind, as he sees that as a competition. Like Gray said, hurting Freed and co made him suffering. Vs Happy and Carla who turned into monstrous Tigers who were invulnerable to his ice, he didn't turned into DS and wanted to take them physically, but still, couldn't stroke them.

Gray's DS mode is more a trump card because this mode gradually turn him into a berserker.

I can see Gray having as hard time punching the sweet Mirajane as punching Happy and Carla. It's not about strength here. Mirajane can be stronger than him, but she is the most vulnerable to his Magic : look at what he did to Tempester in the past, a guy Natsu couldn't beat even with LFD period ?
I can't see Gray having resolution to use DS against Mirajane. Too dangerous. And I thing his strategy about weakening Mirajane before taking on her was justified, as I see her above his Classic Mode by some mergin.

Without restriction and state of mind, I can see Gray above Mira. Not too far, but still higher. No Darkness here which skyrocket the gap between them.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mira. This isn't even a debate.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Bruh Mira is downplayed so much. Gray is fodder to Mira, this was shown by feats of her matching the guy who fodderize Gray in BSS, the narrative telling us Mira >>> Gray and Gray's own admission to only being able to take on Mira while weakened.

Gray loses handily even with Darkness powers.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
The one who matched END ?
END who only beat Base DiMaria from behind and did absolutely nothing even remotely better than FDK? Yeah.

FDK >>> END. END Natsu was just hax resistant and Natsu also wasn't going all out in that fight either since Natsu retained his sanity.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
END who only beat Base DiMaria from behind and did absolutely nothing even remotely better than FDK? Yeah.

FDK >>> END. END Natsu was just hax resistant and Natsu also wasn't going all out in that fight either since Natsu retained his sanity.
Ok.

Phaizzy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Gray wins this high dif

Gray has yet to be shown being fast.. Mira on the other hand has. She also has AOE moves that are more destructive. But Devil Slayer Gray is like... Top 5 in the guild IMO. (Natsu, Gajeel, Gray, Erza, and Laxus) Im excluding gildarts of course.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Against the Raijinshou, he was forced by Freed. At the begining of the fight, Grey was in difficulty against the trio but managed to freeze them in Classic Ice Make. Even with handicap, he was willing to continue without Devil Slayer Mode. He used it only because of Freed's spell locked his Ice Magic. He had no choice and destroyed them.

Gray is different from Natsu who can fight friends and partners without any state of mind, as he sees that as a competition. Like Gray said, hurting Freed and co made him suffering. Vs Happy and Carla who turned into monstrous Tigers who were invulnerable to his ice, he didn't turned into DS and wanted to take them physically, but still, couldn't stroke them.

Gray's DS mode is more a trump card because this mode gradually turn him into a berserker.

I can see Gray having as hard time punching the sweet Mirajane as punching Happy and Carla. It's not about strength here. Mirajane can be stronger than him, but she is the most vulnerable to his Magic : look at what he did to Tempester in the past, a guy Natsu couldn't beat even with LFD period ?
I can't see Gray having resolution to use DS against Mirajane. Too dangerous. And I thing his strategy about weakening Mirajane before taking on her was justified, as I see her above his Classic Mode by some mergin.

Without restriction and state of mind, I can see Gray above Mira. Not too far, but still higher. No Darkness here which skyrocket the gap between them.
Naw, Gray is quick to use his demonizes against pretty much any opponent. Ajeel, historia of Ur, Invel, Skullion, ect. He even demonized when he was spying on Avatar just to make himself look evil. Gray uses his demonized form as frequently as Wendy uses her DF. It's not portrayed as a massive trump card in the same way Natsu's DF is.

Juvia said that he gave it his all after his fight with Mirajane, so there's no reason to assume he was holding back on using devil slaying magic. Gray doesn't have to hurt Mirajane either. He could have just tried to freeze her with Ice-Make: Silver or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.