Round of 16 - Mira vs. Gray | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 Mira vs. Gray

Who wins?

• Mirajane Strauss

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • Gray Fullbuster

Votes: 32 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Itsnever2k

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Skullion > 'regular' DeS Gray

Doesn't this suggest that Mira is above Gray?
It could just be a type matchup thing. Wendy did better against Skullion than Gray, and even Natsu by himself, but obviously she's not stronger than them. Mira doesn't have anything on screen that says she's a good type match against Skullion, but she also doesn't have any on screen abilities that says she could even damage him, but she did anyway.

Also, even though it hasn't happened yet I'm pretty sure Gray will get a win against Skullion down the line, since he did say he wanted to fight Skullion again and Gray's thing is not losing twice to the same person.

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
It could just be a type matchup thing. Wendy did better against Skullion than Gray, and even Natsu by himself, but obviously she's not stronger than them. Mira doesn't have anything on screen that says she's a good type match against Skullion, but she also doesn't have any on screen abilities that says she could even damage him, but she did anyway.

Also, even though it hasn't happened yet I'm pretty sure Gray will get a win against Skullion down the line, since he did say he wanted to fight Skullion again and Gray's thing is not losing twice to the same person.
No she didn't lol, she blew away his ash while he was fighting against Natsu.
In a 1v1 between Wendy and Skullion, Wendy gets no diff'd.
On bold part, I agree. This is the case for Elfman vs Ajeel and Madmole as well. Neither Mira nor Elfman were shown to have harmed their opponents on screen, so we don't know how.
Which why I directly go for the implication of the fight, instead of trying to figure out and theorize (I have my own theories. tldr Mira damaged Skullion in times he materialized). The implication is that Mira ~ Skullion

Sure, I think the same too. But until that happens and we get to see the context/circumstances behind it, I think it's fair to argue that Mira has the edge here,

Anyway, this is how I see it currently:

-Speed:
In pure CQC, Gray > Mira, as shown by BiriBiri.
But Mira has flight and can keep distance. It's easier to dodge in air than in land, in a ranged battle. So I give Mira the advantage here

- Attack power:
Mira. I think this is fairly obvious

- Physical strength
About equal here

-Durability
Gray. The guy has insane dura, no doubt here as well

- Defence
Gray. Can block with ice shields, use giant ice knights etc

-Versatility
Gray. Somewhat mention in defence. Ice make magic is very versatile, can mold ice to suit most situations. While Mira is mostly just nukes and pure offense

Overall, Gray is maybe 80% Mira in stats.
But, his defence and versatility makes the match much closer.

Extreme diff win either case.
IMO extreme diff win for Mira
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The difference between Mira and Gray is pretty much the exact same difference between Skullion and Gray.

Gray is more than 10% etherious mard. Silver was a Laxus tier, and Gray had all of his MP. Gray was basically Tenrou LFD Natsu tier in Tartaros. I don't consider Mard a Spriggan tier either.

Either way, Gray has plenty of options of using Devil Slaying Magic against Mirajane without hurting her. Ice-Make: Silver can freeze her. Demonizing increases his stats, which he can use to fight physically. We've seen from Chelia that even small hits from slayer magic can dispel a takeover. He can even try to redirect the devil slaying power from the ice into an energy blast like he did against Doriarte. Really, all Gray needs to do is not cut her with a sword or shoot her with an arrow. Even something like Zero Destruction Fist can simply knock Mirajane out without seriously injuring her. It just makes no sense for Juvia to say that Gray give it his all, and for Gray to have struggled so badly, when he could have low-diffed the fight as you're claiming.
Probably not. Mira could fly and dodge ash attacks from Skullion. It was also off screen. Skullion is hax, so IMO Skullion isn't exactly so far ahead of Gray, but merely destroyed Gray with hax.
Anyway, I'm curious. Gray = x% Mira in stats. What's "x" in your opinion?

You're right, I forgot about Silver giving his MP.
Regardless, Mard was still many tiers above Gray. Gray couldn't even land a single hit on Mard. Mard also shrugged off everything from DF Natsu with minimal damage, and this was after he wasted a lot of his powers on Memento Mori, and DF Natsu >> Gray, even with Silver's MP. Yet Gray still one shotted Mard, this proves Gray one shots Mira if slayer advantage was applicable.
In pure stats? Mard is above majority of them. Why not?

Sure, maybe he used DeS mode.
All I'm saying is:
- slayer advantage isn't applicable
- slayer advantage is applicable and he didn't use demon slaying spells on her, and just maintained the form to boost his stats and powerup ice make magics. Or he fought in base
These are the two possible options

atlantisreturns

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
:-_-

Mirajane should win against normal Gray , DeS or not. The Gray who tapped into his Darkness on the other hand should be a cut above Mira. Although I'm not really considering peak POF Gray as the norm in this battle , that's like giving leverage to Hulk to fight during the moment when he's most angry. There's no indication he's able to achieve that level of anger or negative emotions or whatever you wanna call it in normal circumstances , so assuming that state for him is adding unequal conditions in this fight , since that state very clearly doesn't count as "Normal Gray". It takes skill to unlock one's full potential as well , and Gray has shown no evidence that he can go full anger mode anytime he wants , and 99% chance he can't. Mira takes this , dunno about the difficulty since Skullion's ash is a hax attack which can't be quantified.

Biri Biri

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Sort of agree.

Mira has nothing on Gray when it comes to on screen feats. Because unfortunately she gets shafted all the time.
We are hence forced to take into account off screen feats and portrayal.

She has portrayal above regular Gray at least. "Darkness" Gray is an entirely different story, he can stalemate partial END. But darkness isn't something Gay can access willingly, and hence shouldn't be considered IMO

But 'regular' Gray was scared of fighting Mira. At least portrayal here suggests that she's above him, even if it's marginally.

She also stalemated Skullion. We may argue the legitimacy/logic of that off screen fight, speculate on it etc.
But it's somewhat indicative that Mira and Skullion are about equals.

Skullion > 'regular' DeS Gray

Doesn't this suggest that Mira is above Gray?
'Darkness' in essence is the same thing as PoF. The Gray that fought Invel and END Natsu was fueled with rage. Anger is an emotion. Hence it falls under PoF. All FT characters and some guys on the good side possess PoF within them. This has been the case in FT since day one. And Gray is no exception. How much of an increase in strength they receive from PoF, however, differs from one character to another because not everyone has an equal affinity for PoF. Since the rules of the competition states the fighters are going all out to win, I arrived at my decision base on both Mira and Gray giving their absolute best with nothing left in their tank. It is a high stakes situation that perfectly warrants characters tapping into their PoF.

PoF is always within Gray and Mira, but requires them to be pushed to the point where they can access it. They don't lose it overnight for no rhyme or reason. It is not an external power up like Sting consuming Rogue's shadows and MP to fight Larcade. I took into account PoF for both Mira and Gray. Mira's fights with Freed, Azuma and tag team fight with Elfman vs Skullion and Madmole definitely had PoF having a hand in them. I don't think PoF played a role in her fights with Kamika, Jenny, Juliet + Heine or Lucy. Regardless, I took into account all the feats she had shown both with and without PoF. Then, I put them up against Gray's best feats. I found myself hitting a roadblock when it comes to visualising how Mira can put Gray down and out.

Bruh. Erza would stomp Mirajane and Gray, and make out with Jellal.

Mirajane doesn't have a speed advantage over Gray because she can fly. She has an agility advantage. Evergreen had it too. Except she never flew against Gray.

I don't believe that the speed difference between Gray and Mirajane are all that big, but the fact that characters can appear to be teleporting on panel doesn't really mean much. Wendy did the same thing to Ezel. Lucy did this to Brandish. Plenty of characters can do this, and they're not on the same tier of speed. Mirajane in particular was simply faster than Racer in Starry Night. Gray is on the same tier of speed as Natsu/Gajeel. And while they're fast to fodders like the Raijinshu. That doesn't necessarily translate to them being fast to Mirajane tiers. Blitzing Skullion does put Gray at a level where he can land shots on Mirajane, but he's really only this fast with zero longsword. He's not going to run circles around Skullion or Mirajane.
Didn't Wendy inhale an extremely high amount of Ethernano concentration? She was also amped on PoF after witnessing Carla on the verge of death.

We had never seen Wendy replicating such a feat since then.

I thought it was blatantly obvious Brandish threw the fight with Lucy on purpose. It's hard for me to take her feats in the fight with Brandish seriously when her foe was putting on a show. It's no different to wrestling aka staged fighting :lmao And Lucy didn't vanish from thin air without a trace till Brandish couldn't perceive wtf was happening. What actually took place was Scorpio using sand buster to trap Brandish within a sand tornado. Then Lucy seizing the opportunity to fly around in Scorpio star dress and land multiple hits on Brandish, who in all honesty, should be able to evade those hits if she was fighting seriously.

Anyway, that wasn't the main point. My original intention was not to show that Gray can blitz Mira. It was never the case. I brought those feats up to explain why it's unlikely for Gray to be a sitting duck in this fight because that was the feeling I was getting when reading some of the earlier posts in this thread. I think there is very little difference to the speed between them two, and doubt it's going to be the deciding factor. END Natsu blitz Dimaria so badly she had a 180° change in her personality due to the PTSD. And a fellow Spriggan in Jacob could battle Mira despite closing his eyes hence unable to see anything. When we witness how Gray was overwhelming Invel with his speed and power, then clash equally with END Natsu in numerous exchanges despite grievous wounds, you will perhaps understand why I find it hard to figure how Mira can beat Gray.

Btw I didn't watch the FT anime since the end of the tenrou island arc. So I can't comment on any anime-exclusive feats from Mira, or any characters really.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Mirajane should win against normal Gray , DeS or not. The Gray who tapped into his Darkness on the other hand should be a cut above Mira. Although I'm not really considering peak POF Gray as the norm in this battle , that's like giving leverage to Hulk to fight during the moment when he's most angry. There's no indication he's able to achieve that level of anger or negative emotions or whatever you wanna call it in normal circumstances , so assuming that state for him is adding unequal conditions in this fight , since that state very clearly doesn't count as "Normal Gray". It takes skill to unlock one's full potential as well , and Gray has shown no evidence that he can go full anger mode anytime he wants , and 99% chance he can't.
'Darkness' in essence is the same thing as PoF. The Gray that fought Invel and END Natsu was fueled with rage. Anger is an emotion. Hence it falls under PoF. All FT characters and some guys on the good side possess PoF within them. This has been the case in FT since day one. And Gray is no exception. How much of an increase in strength they receive from PoF, however, differs from one character to another because not everyone has an equal affinity for PoF. Since the rules of the competition states the fighters are going all out to win, I arrived at my decision base on both Mira and Gray giving their absolute best with nothing left in their tank. It is a high stakes situation that perfectly warrants characters tapping into their PoF.

PoF is always within Gray and Mira, but requires them to be pushed to the point where they can access it. They don't lose it overnight for no rhyme or reason. It is not an external power up like Sting consuming Rogue's shadows and MP to fight Larcade. I took into account PoF for both Mira and Gray. Mira's fights with Freed, Azuma and tag team fight with Elfman vs Skullion and Madmole definitely had PoF having a hand in them. I don't think PoF played a role in her fights with Kamika, Jenny, Juliet + Heine or Lucy. Regardless, I took into account all the feats she had shown both with and without PoF. Then, I put them up against Gray's best feats. I found myself hitting a roadblock when it comes to visualising how Mira can put Gray down and out.
Yes, it depends on the rules here. If we take account the climax level of every characters under emotional stress, not external help like eating element to turn into Dragon Force (I don't understand why Gajeel's Dragon Force is valid but ok), it's relevant to accept "Darkness" Gray. If so, yes, the power up for Mira and for Gray is really not the same. As I can see both close level under normal circumstances, I don't know how Mira can compete against the monster who matched END. Same tier but one has more hidden power as potential.

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Correct me if I'm wrong but would Gray even have a slayer advantage over Mira? Mirajane isn't an actual demon, she's a human who uses the power of demons. Dragon slayers also use the power of dragons, but that doesn't mean other dragon slayers will have an advantage against them, because they're humans at the end of the day (unless they're completely transformed like Irene or Acnologia).

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Probably not. Mira could fly and dodge ash attacks from Skullion. It was also off screen. Skullion is hax, so IMO Skullion isn't exactly so far ahead of Gray, but merely destroyed Gray with hax.
Anyway, I'm curious. Gray = x% Mira in stats. What's "x" in your opinion?

You're right, I forgot about Silver giving his MP.
Regardless, Mard was still many tiers above Gray. Gray couldn't even land a single hit on Mard. Mard also shrugged off everything from DF Natsu with minimal damage, and this was after he wasted a lot of his powers on Memento Mori, and DF Natsu >> Gray, even with Silver's MP. Yet Gray still one shotted Mard, this proves Gray one shots Mira if slayer advantage was applicable.
In pure stats? Mard is above majority of them. Why not?

Sure, maybe he used DeS mode.
All I'm saying is:
- slayer advantage isn't applicable
- slayer advantage is applicable and he didn't use demon slaying spells on her, and just maintained the form to boost his stats and powerup ice make magics. Or he fought in base
These are the two possible options
I disagree. The reason Gray couldn't dodge black ash was simply that he couldn't react to it before it hit him. Not because he couldn't fly.

Skullion's "hax" isn't that OP. He has the ability to turn his body into ash, and the ability to turn whatever he or his ash magic hits into more ash. Turning his body into ash wasn't even something he used against Gray. Turning whatever his ash magic hits into ash isn't that OP. It's really no more OP than getting vaporized by a laser bolt. In fact, if Skullion didn't have the ability to turn whatever he hits into ash, he'd be pretty underwhelming. Ash in and of itself is pretty underwhelming if we don't give it some sort of magical property. Mirajane would have had to deal with both of these things as much as Gray did. She would have needed to blitz him before he could turn to sand, and not get hit by any attacks that would have turned her into ash.

I'd say Gray is around 60% of Mirajane. As for Mard Geer? A Spriggan like God Serena can toy around with 4 Jura tiers, and when he got serious beat them all before cycling through all 8 of his elements. I don't put Mard Geer on this level. Natsu and Gray were handful for him.

Didn't Wendy inhale an extremely high amount of Ethernano concentration? She was also amped on PoF after witnessing Carla on the verge of death.

We had never seen Wendy replicating such a feat since then.

I thought it was blatantly obvious Brandish threw the fight with Lucy on purpose. It's hard for me to take her feats in the fight with Brandish seriously when her foe was putting on a show. It's no different to wrestling aka staged fighting :lmao And Lucy didn't vanish from thin air without a trace till Brandish couldn't perceive wtf was happening. What actually took place was Scorpio using sand buster to trap Brandish within a sand tornado. Then Lucy seizing the opportunity to fly around in Scorpio star dress and land multiple hits on Brandish, who in all honesty, should be able to evade those hits if she was fighting seriously.

Anyway, that wasn't the main point. My original intention was not to show that Gray can blitz Mira. It was never the case. I brought those feats up to explain why it's unlikely for Gray to be a sitting duck in this fight because that was the feeling I was getting when reading some of the earlier posts in this thread. I think there is very little difference to the speed between them two, and doubt it's going to be the deciding factor. END Natsu blitz Dimaria so badly she had a 180° change in her personality due to the PTSD. And a fellow Spriggan in Jacob could battle Mira despite closing his eyes hence unable to see anything. When we witness how Gray was overwhelming Invel with his speed and power, then clash equally with END Natsu in numerous exchanges despite grievous wounds, you will perhaps understand why I find it hard to figure how Mira can beat Gray.

Btw I didn't watch the FT anime since the end of the tenrou island arc. So I can't comment on any anime-exclusive feats from Mira, or any characters really.
Sure. But I don't see why that matters. I don't think the version of Wendy we saw at Tartaros as being faster than Mirajane either. Not talking about that moment with Lucy. I'm talking about how Brandish unshrunk Lucy, and then Lucy managed to sneak up behind Brandish before the latter noticed.

No, I agree with everything else you said in the post. I'm just saying....We've seen characters move so fast that it appears they're teleporting. It doesn't really mean much. They're not always on the same level, and they're not necessarily faster than characters who haven't shown this. Jellal for example is faster than pretty much anyone else....Without having meteor illustrated like this. For Mirajane specifically....The Starry Night arc has Racer moving so fast that he could outpace Mest's teleportation, and then Mirajane beating Racer in speed. So Gray being able to move around as if he's teleporting doesn't really tell us how he scales to Mirajane. Being able to blitz Skullion, who scales to around Mirajane's level, does.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Correct me if I'm wrong but would Gray even have a slayer advantage over Mira? Mirajane isn't an actual demon, she's a human who uses the power of demons. Dragon slayers also use the power of dragons, but that doesn't mean other dragon slayers will have an advantage against them, because they're humans at the end of the day (unless they're completely transformed like Irene or Acnologia).
yes.... therefore...
vote for Mira :occa

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
My best guess is that it'll be similar to how Chelia's god slaying magic worked against Dimaria's takeover.

Itsnever2k

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I just looked on the wiki and Mira said she needed Demon Genes to be able to use satan soul, so I don't think she is just a normal human. Isn't that why Macro didn't work on her? Can't really remember but I think that's how it went. Plus, someone who uses a god soul takeover was weak against a god slayer, so it should follow that someone who uses a demon soul takeover is weak to a demon slayer.

atlantisreturns

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Yes, it depends on the rules here. If we take account the climax level of every characters under emotional stress, not external help like eating element to turn into Dragon Force (I don't understand why Gajeel's Dragon Force is valid but ok), it's relevant to accept "Darkness" Gray. If so, yes, the power up for Mira and for Gray is really not the same. As I can see both close level under normal circumstances, I don't know how Mira can compete against the monster who matched END. Same tier but one has more hidden power as potential.
Like I already said , even if PoF is Gray's own power at his peak , I don't see any reason to assume he would be able to tap into it at the needed moment. I am not saying POF is an external power boost at all. I am saying show me proof Gray can get that much angry and negative as he got in his fight against Invel at his will. Reaching your full potential is also a skill. Why are we supposed to take it as granted that Gray will be able to attain that level of negativity whenever he wants ? He only got pissed because he thought Juvia died , and that too in a very bad fashion such as Ice Lock when he was forcing Gray to kill her. I don't believe he is capable of getting that angry against any other antagonist who doesn't make things personal. It's pure speculation to assume peak level for Gray , like giving him headstart or something.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
The story laid it out very clear that Gray is inferior to Mira.

Darkness Gray wasn't that impressive. He fought Natsu who wasn't even trying to fight Gray and beat up Invel who legit is only impressive bcs of his ice powers which Gray negged. Also Darkness Gray will most likely never appear again in the manga similarly to Savage Flames Natsu. They were one time asspull forms to justify them beating an opponent that outmatched them.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
I disagree. The reason Gray couldn't dodge black ash was simply that he couldn't react to it before it hit him. Not because he couldn't fly.

Skullion's "hax" isn't that OP. He has the ability to turn his body into ash, and the ability to turn whatever he or his ash magic hits into more ash. Turning his body into ash wasn't even something he used against Gray. Turning whatever his ash magic hits into ash isn't that OP. It's really no more OP than getting vaporized by a laser bolt. In fact, if Skullion didn't have the ability to turn whatever he hits into ash, he'd be pretty underwhelming. Ash in and of itself is pretty underwhelming if we don't give it some sort of magical property. Mirajane would have had to deal with both of these things as much as Gray did. She would have needed to blitz him before he could turn to sand, and not get hit by any attacks that would have turned her into ash.

I'd say Gray is around 60% of Mirajane. As for Mard Geer? A Spriggan like God Serena can toy around with 4 Jura tiers, and when he got serious beat them all before cycling through all 8 of his elements. I don't put Mard Geer on this level. Natsu and Gray were handful for him.
Being able to fly makes dodging attacks like ash/sand etc much easier.

I disagree. Turning to ash is hax. It's bypassing durability and turns opponent into ash.
Ash isn't really underwhelming, in FT every magic attack does damage lol. It's as effective on dealing damage as sand is, which is decent damage.
Also, there are non lethal forms of ash attacks too. Mira was injured by the end of the fight, which means whatever ash attacks used by Skullion on Mira wasn't the ones which turn the opponent into ash.
This is why I'm iffy about making hard judgements from the off screen fight, if Skullion's attack were pure hax than having also non hax damage moves, how was Mira injured instead of missing a limb or something?

60%? Ehh, but ok, it's your perspective.
God Serena is by far the most superior when it comes to stats, among regular Spriggans. Which was why I said most, GS is an exception to this.
Natsu and Gray were handful only because of slayer advantage. Mard tanked all out assault from DF Natsu with minimal damage, all it did was distract Mard for Gray to land his attack.

Darkness' in essence is the same thing as PoF. The Gray that fought Invel and END Natsu was fueled with rage. Anger is an emotion. Hence it falls under PoF. All FT characters and some guys on the good side possess PoF within them. This has been the case in FT since day one. And Gray is no exception. How much of an increase in strength they receive from PoF, however, differs from one character to another because not everyone has an equal affinity for PoF. Since the rules of the competition states the fighters are going all out to win, I arrived at my decision base on both Mira and Gray giving their absolute best with nothing left in their tank. It is a high stakes situation that perfectly warrants characters tapping into their PoF.

Ok, I don't consider POF, rage etc here. I consider them unreliable. I consider Gray and Mira going all out without these. In these "regular" circumstances, you agree Mira is at least a bit better than Gray?

Kurumi Tokisaki

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
Savage Flames Natsu
What? There is nothing called Savage Flames. It was an FDK attack that was amped with Natsu's FOE. Natsu's power increase with emotions, So if Mashima wants it he will bring it back and better, he will use it to regular periods.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Being able to fly makes dodging attacks like ash/sand etc much easier.

I disagree. Turning to ash is hax. It's bypassing durability and turns opponent into ash.
Ash isn't really underwhelming, in FT every magic attack does damage lol. It's as effective on dealing damage as sand is, which is decent damage.
Also, there are non lethal forms of ash attacks too. Mira was injured by the end of the fight, which means whatever ash attacks used by Skullion on Mira wasn't the ones which turn the opponent into ash.
This is why I'm iffy about making hard judgements from the off screen fight, if Skullion's attack were pure hax than having also non hax damage moves, how was Mira injured instead of missing a limb or something?

60%? Ehh, but ok, it's your perspective.
God Serena is by far the most superior when it comes to stats, among regular Spriggans. Which was why I said most, GS is an exception to this.
Natsu and Gray were handful only because of slayer advantage. Mard tanked all out assault from DF Natsu with minimal damage, all it did was distract Mard for Gray to land his attack.
Right, but like I said, that's only if you can react to the attack in the first place. If Gray can react to Skullion's black ash, he would have just thrown up a shield or something.

Turning stuff into ash is a hax. It's just not that OP. The hax is necessary to prevent Skullion from being underwhelming in the first place. Without the ability to turn stuff into ash, Skullion is essentially just throwing around dust. Ajeel's sand has the ability to dehydrate you. With the exception of Sand of Death, which is a giant tsunami which can crush with sheer mass, Ajeel's attacks aren't that great either. Also, I doubt Skullion can turn everyone into ash regardless of durability. That would mean he never tagged Elfman or Mirajane once.

They were giving Mard a handful before Gray shot him though. Like until Momento Mori, Natsu and Gray could actually hold their own. With God Serena, they would have eaten dirt like the Wizard Saints from God Serena's attacks before he even revealed his dragon slaying magic. He might be higher than Bloodman or Brandish, and obviously Neinhart or Jacob, but I don't have Serena any higher than Wall, Invel, or Ajeel in stats.

IamtherealMirajane

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I just looked on the wiki and Mira said she needed Demon Genes to be able to use satan soul, so I don't think she is just a normal human. Isn't that why Macro didn't work on her? Can't really remember but I think that's how it went. Plus, someone who uses a god soul takeover was weak against a god slayer, so it should follow that someone who uses a demon soul takeover is weak to a demon slayer.
Macro didnt work on Mira because of her Demon takeover nature not because of the demon genes. Remember Macro worked on Neo Minerva who has demon genes at that time.

Regarding slayer vs takeover, unlike Dimaria who is a vessel, Mirajane is much more proficient in her take over ability.

Second, Devil Slayer, is lost magic/curse who uses a demon power to slay a demon. So there a possibility that Mira can also take over this kind of magic.

Itsnever2k

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Second, Devil Slayer, is lost magic/curse who uses a demon power to slay a demon. So there a possibility that Mira can also take over this kind of magic.
No way that's happening lol. And what does being more proficient than dimaria with takeover, which I'm pretty sure is just headcanon, have to do with being more resistant? God soul take over was weak to God slayer, so a Demon soul takeover would be weak to a demon slayer.

Last edited:

IamtherealMirajane

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
No way that's happening lol. And what does being more proficient than dimaria with takeover, which I'm pretty sure is just headcanon, have to do with being more resistant? God soul take over was weak to God slayer, so a Demon soul takeover would be weak to a demon slayer.
Headcanon lol we have seen Mira using the take-over abilities the prime example was when she took over sayla's macro. And as per Sayla it was very impossible because she is an etherious demon. but Mira did it anyway.

To explain it better. Take over is like transformation magic. There are certain levels. From basic, intermediate to advanced level. Not because Natsu can use a transformation he can use it on advanced level. Just like take over magic.

And among all the take over user in the series Mira is the most skilled one on using it.

Itsnever2k

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Headcanon lol we have seen Mira using the take-over abilities the prime example was when she took over sayla's macro. And as per Sayla it was very impossible because she is an etherious demon. but Mira did it anyway.

To explain it better. Take over is like transformation magic. There are certain levels. From basic, intermediate to advanced level. Not because Natsu can use a transformation he can use it on advanced level. Just like take over magic.

And among all the take over user in the series Mira is the most skilled one on using it.
Ok, but how do you figure Mira is better than DiMaria? DiMaria had by far the most powerful soul taken over, and used way more impressive abilities than Mira, so I don't think it's based on anything in canon that MIra is better than DiMaria. So yeah, saying Mira is much more proficient is just headcanon.

Status
Not open for further replies.