Anime - Mokushiroku no Yonkishi Anime News and Discussion | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Mokushiroku no Yonkishi Anime News and Discussion

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Interview.

That sounds way too good. I am not that naive to believe all of this without seeing it first, but if they mostly focus on animation, faithfulness and pacing it should be decent at the very least.

Besides animation I am mostly worried about the pacing after the Sistana arc. Because I am sure they are aiming to adapt the Liones arc. NnT's first season was the best but it was still rushed and not that faithful actually.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

From Chapter 22:

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Yeah, it looks good enough. Lot of people have been traumatized by NnT's animation but I am not worried that about that. It has the potential to become really big if they don't screw up (no rush and faithfulness). Even NnT's S1 was rushed.

Seeing these scenes of the Sistana arc(still the best arc to me) I wonder how many episodes it'll take them to adapt it.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Seeing these scenes of the Sistana arc(still the best arc to me) I wonder how many episodes it'll take them to adapt it.
The first 50 chapters can easily fit into 24-25 episodes, just fit 3-4 chapters per episode.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The first 50 chapters can easily fit into 24-25 episodes, just fit 3-4 chapters per episode.
They are clearly going to adapt the Liones arc so they'll have to go through 86 or maybe 88 chapters. I think arcs like Cant(most forgettable one IMO) and some parts of the arcs after(against the Dark Talismans and the Demon Village arc) can be adapted with a faster pacing but that's still a lot I'd say. Been a while since I have watched an adaptation of a manga I am following like this so I am a bit worried regarding this.

If u guys watch carefully, they add lancelot holding a knife during sistina arc
Yeah, nice touch.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

It's nice to see the studio sharing their progress little by little. They are working on the Cant arc ATM:

Looks like they are even beyond that:

Percival VS Cernunnos would mean at least 36 chapters in 13 episodes.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

OP:

ED:

I really like the OP. The ED is nice as well but the visuals are rather strange with Percy and Dolores using Pellegarde and Ironside like that. I like how they used the chibi drawings of the characters seen on the volume's spines.

Last edited:

Zerodx

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
From the tweet and the opening. Cour 1 will be until Dalfare

Undina

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Idk, the opening shows a glimpse of Mel from the apparent "grand tour",
when he answers Percy back in demon tongue
Did they really say they're splitting the 24 episodes into 2 cours?

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I haven't paid much attention but the only Dalflare Range character I have seen is Dolchomonte in the ED, as ice cream.

I keep thinking that they'll adapt the entire Liones arc, especially since we have seen Meliodas with the coat he had against Arthur before even the manga but I am not sure it would be a good idea to do that.

IMO a perfect ending would be after the Lancelot reveal, when they are going to teleport to Liones(maybe too slow though) or right after Tristan's introduction as cliffhanger for the final episode.

Idk, the opening shows a glimpse of Mel from the apparent "grand tour",
when he answers Percy back in demon tongue
Did they really say they're splitting the 24 episodes into 2 cours?
It's 2 cour, but not split AFAIK.

Vortigern

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Finland
I'm not entirely sure if this is appropriate for the anime thread, so feel free to move this to the hangout thread if you wish.

Something that caught my eye in the opening is the selection of Chaos Knights they decided to showcase.
Ironside and Pellegarde are obvious choices, as is Talisker since he was Percival's first victory. Mortlach being there is not surprising either given that he debuts in the Sistana arc and has a fairly significant role later on. However, things get interesting when we get to the three knights in the background. You'd expect to see Ardbeg since he should appear in cour 1 and maybe Jericho as well due to her prominence, but instead we've got three unknown CKs. The one with the horns is likely the knight with the antlers that was sitting next to Lochranza in the knights' meeting, the one that some people including myself have speculated could be the Green Knight.
It's a very curious move by the studio to take this random knight that hasn't even properly appeared in the manga yet and place him among this lineup of notable CKs. Either they really liked his design and included him there for the heck of it, or this was the result of Nakaba telling them that he's going to be important at some point in the future. I lean towards the latter explanation because that would also explain why the other two mystery knights were included. Their silhouettes and the helmets in particular don't have any distinct features so it's difficult to identify them. I guess Fiddich's helmet would technically fit, but he's too unimportant to be teased like this, and he also didn't wear a cloak. The only other option I can think of is one of the unknown CKs who came to Liones to pick up Arthur.
The guy between Mortlach and the other black caped knight wears a mask-like helmet and a cloak that sort of match the silhouette of the mystery knight on the right in the OP. There's also the guy to the far left, but his cloak is weird and should be easy to spot. The mask dude doesn't look particularly important, so I'm inclined to believe the two mystery knights in the opening haven't actually appeared in the manga at all yet.

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
I haven't paid much attention but the only Dalflare Range character I have seen is Dolchomonte in the ED, as ice cream.

I keep thinking that they'll adapt the entire Liones arc, especially since we have seen Meliodas with the coat he had against Arthur before even the manga but I am not sure it would be a good idea to do that.

IMO a perfect ending would be after the Lancelot reveal, when they are going to teleport to Liones(maybe too slow though) or right after Tristan's introduction as cliffhanger for the final episode.

It's 2 cour, but not split AFAIK.
Nah, the CiL arc is on crack, most of the scenes are pure motion/action/reaction, 24 episodes for 90 chapters( ending on the big team departure) feels better paced, and it'd make sense, in case we again get 2 OPs, that the first one barely hints at the forest arc(Sin running along that huge branch), Dalflare, CiL(just the Mel nod) and focuses on properly displaying Percy, Sin and the PP, while the 2nd OP adds the TP, Gawain, the Star Knight, the descent and more details of the battles and enemies in those latter arcs.

It's a very curious move by the studio to take this random knight that hasn't even properly appeared in the manga yet and place him among this lineup of notable CKs. Either they really liked his design and included him there for the heck of it, or this was the result of Nakaba telling them that he's going to be important at some point in the future
That can be, the whole Sin lineup in armors and their STs were shown in the dramatic intro ever since ep 1 for Taizai, they might do the same here, but with the antagonists.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
This thread is for the manga section so you can discuss about events which won't be adapted.

Nakaba works with them for sure.

Nah, the CiL arc is on crack, most of the scenes are pure motion/action/reaction, 24 episodes for 90 chapters( ending on the big team departure) feels better paced, and it'd make sense, in case we again get 2 OPs, that the first one barely hints at the forest arc(Sin running along that huge branch), Dalflare, CiL(just the Mel nod) and focuses on properly displaying Percy, Sin and the PP, while the 2nd OP adds the TP, Gawain, the Star Knight, the descent and more details of the battles and enemies in those latter arcs.

That can be, the whole Sin lineup in armors and heir STs were shown in the dramatic intro ever since ep 1 for Taizai, they might do the same here, but with the antagonists.
I am so used to rushed adaptations that I am pessimistic about this but we'll see. With two cours there will definitely be a new opening.

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
I get what you mean, but with how discreet the arc and development teasers were in the OP/ ED, they might be more careful. Or so I hope. The big stuff was there in "blink and you miss it" sequences, they avoided showing who of the old guard might make an appearance save for one character, persistently showed instances of the PP and Sin bonding, and vaguely, very vaguely introduced the antagonists, meanwhile with Netsujou no Spectrum we had big ship teasing, rather clear action sequences from the CotD, all the Sins in full gear and clear hints of how many girls how many guys, etc
Nvm, I mixed some details, but the teasers were a lot clearer/more obvious.

Zorra_akuma

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
THE FIRST EPISODE WAS GREAT I CANT WAIT FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Yes, that was pretty good. They even added stuff after Varghese's death. With Percival spending more time alone and the case with his equipment.

Killerbee12

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Where did y’all watch the anime