Chapter - Mokushiroku no Yonkishi Chapter 147 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Mokushiroku no Yonkishi Chapter 147 Spoilers & Discussion

The White Knight is...

• Merlin.

• Vivian.

• One of Merlin's relatives (mother, father, aunt etc.)

• A new character unrelated to Merlin.

• Something else.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I'm not entirely convinced of that. It's very rare for Nakaba to introduce magic abilities that can't be resisted with enough raw power. Think of how Ominous Nebula's attraction stopped affecting Escanor the moment he activated The One even though he wasn't holding onto anything. Before that you can see his hair and mustache being pulled towards Zeldris but as soon as The One activates his hair goes still like the magic just totally disappeared. Even pure hax abilities can be partly negated, like how Gowther's nerve disabling technique worked on Melascula for 10 seconds but only lasted for 1 second against the SD because she was just that powerful. I guess that leads to a potentially relevant question: do you think Beltreipe could one-shot the DK if the latter didn't have The Ruler active?
Ominous Nebula has no hax. It's just Zeldris controlling his PoD and slashing rapidly. Full Counter reflects any magic attack regardless of its power, Snatch and Invasion's effects can be reduced depending on the person's physical and mental strength, but they still work. Certain Invasion techniques like Search Light always work, no one can stop Gowther from reading their memories. Perfect Cube isn't unbreakable but even AM Meliodas VS The One Escanor's fight wasn't able to break it.

The default is that spatial attacks like this can't be tanked. When Merlin used Teleportation, you can't resist it via strength, you have to dodge(which is what Galan did), Gawain teleported Rhitta in Galan's gut and he didn't resist.

For Berto to do that he would have to target the DK at a vital spot and with a slash large enough. That's extremely unlikely to happen. If we create all these specific scenarios it's pretty easy to change the outcome of many battles.I said that Percival and Tristan are better equipped because they can heal if the attack lands, but it's not like Lancelot and Gawain don't have anything to deal with this. Lancelot can absorb magic, Gawain has Absolute Cancel and teleportation is spatial manipulation as well.

Covers

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
White Knight face is revealed and it's a woman?!

Last edited:

Yakkun

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Big if true but no surprise here. It's been called by several people. Can't wait to get visuals, maybe we can gleam something connectable from it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Ominous Nebula has no hax. It's just Zeldris controlling his PoD and slashing rapidly. Full Counter reflects any magic attack regardless of its power, Snatch and Invasion's effects can be reduced depending on the person's physical and mental strength, but they still work. Certain Invasion techniques like Search Light always work, no one can stop Gowther from reading their memories. Perfect Cube isn't unbreakable but even AM Meliodas VS The One Escanor's fight wasn't able to break it.

The default is that spatial attacks like this can't be tanked. When Merlin used Teleportation, you can't resist it via strength, you have to dodge(which is what Galan did), Gawain teleported Rhitta in Galan's gut and he didn't resist.

For Berto to do that he would have to target the DK at a vital spot and with a slash large enough. That's extremely unlikely to happen. If we create all these specific scenarios it's pretty easy to change the outcome of many battles.I said that Percival and Tristan are better equipped because they can heal if the attack lands, but it's not like Lancelot and Gawain don't have anything to deal with this. Lancelot can absorb magic, Gawain has Absolute Cancel and teleportation is spatial manipulation as well.
Not to mention that again there are so many unknown factors about Beltreipe/Bertolepe here that you can't just apply any no-limits fallacies to him anyway. For example, we do not even know if that power is specific to him or whether he uses an enchanted sword. He could be disarmed to be defeated, his strikes could be aimdodged, etc. As dangerous as his ability is, it is far from OP and invincible just because he has it.

LYEL

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
However, Merlin never seemed to be able to use magic when she was in Aldan, so much so that she didn't participate in the Gloxinia and Drole tournament because of that.

and Merlin couldn't have real bodies, only mirages, how would that be possible?
The ilusion-mirage she created using Aldan is magic. Her magic is not a product of her body, but her soul-spirit. Just like Sunshine was not a body, but a independent power passed on to Escanor. I think "power" itself for all characters works this way.

Rey151203

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
YOO WHAIT IS YOU WHO SEND THE SPOILERS IN ANOTHER WEEK?

So that means she's not an old character like Vivian or Merlin, right?

Vortigern

Reaction score
Country
Finland
You are very attached to this idea that it will be like other legends, but can you imagine, and like I said, nakaba changes roles

The one who founded the Round Table would be meliodas, and instead of characters like kay it would be characters like donny or chion (lol) , Meliodas would play the role that the good King Arthur would play for the 4kota, except that at some point Arthur's heir constantine should appear to be the leader of the round table in some day, Another thing, nakaba seems to be based on the Welsh round table, there is no kay or bedivere because they are knights above it
The series is obviously not an adaptation of the legends so Nakaba is free to put his own spin on things, but he does tend to remain faithful to the central concepts like Arthur being the king of Camelot and the wielder of Excalibur and so on. I don't see Nakaba making the Round Table into a group led by Meliodas and I also doubt the likes of Donny and Chion are going to join the Knights of the Round Table given how Nakaba handles his characters' names. Naming the KotA after some of the most famous KotRT was a very deliberate choice and he even went as far as to pair them up with their canonical love interests. The Chaos Knights were the prime candidates to be the KotRT given that they serve the role of Arthur's knights, so the fact they turned out to be a different group suggests that Arthur is eventually going to have a different order of knights serving under him. This is somewhat similar to how Arthur initially wielded Sequence instead of Excalibur when he first appeared in NnT. That was not because Nakaba had decided to replace Arthur's most famous sword so that Meliodas could be its wielder, he just wanted to save it for later.

It's not Arthur that's the problem, it's the protagonists. Arthur has the power of one of the strongest beings, but he and his force's are still outclassed by the Sins to the point that he's only remained around this long because he's hiding in another dimension where they can't get him. True he's apparently weaken (though honestly it seems liek he's just not using some of his abilities when he should) and we know that Arthur will gain something/someone who will allow him to eventually defeat them, but alone the Sins are superior (since they already defeated the other two gods) and the KoA seem like they will be even stronger. If Arthur with the power of a god is below them, what power could be granted to someone to make them a greater threat that would make sense? That's not saying it couldn't happen, but it would be terrible storytelling to just have some even stronger villain just appear...
No, it's definitely Arthur that is the issue here. Remember that it took all seven of the Sins to defeat the DK, and that was with Escanor burning out his soul and Merlin pushing the group beyond their limits with her spell. Likewise Cath had no qualms about fighting Arthur and six of the Sins at once. The Sins are powerful but not so powerful that nothing can stand up to them, especially now that they're down to a mere five members. Arthur should be much stronger than the DK and Cath combined so why is he so afraid of facing a weaker iteration of the Sins than what the two of them did? Not only that but he also got humiliated and even intimidated by Lancelot, who went on to have a tougher time dealing with the below Archangel level Nanashi. Whatever happened to make Arthur turn evil has seemingly also cost him the majority of his power, which is why there are no problems with a threat greater than him showing up at some point. I brought up Cath earlier and he's an excellent example of how easy that is to accomplish. The Sins were unable to deal any damage to him while he managed to easily trap them in an illusion without them even noticing when it happened. If not for Arthur saving their asses the Sins would have all been killed. This current evil version of Arthur is a complete clown in comparison to Cath.

I didn't say Ominous Nebula has hax, I was pointing out how Escanor powering up caused the magic to stop affecting him entirely. I brought up his hair because that would still be pulled towards Zeldris even if you were to argue that Escanor's physical strength allowed him to resist the force affecting the rest of his body. We see this during that same fight when Chandler and Cusack's hair is affected even when their bodies are otherwise stationary due to them holding onto a wall. Escanor essentially started completely ignoring the effects of Ominous Nebula, which is in line with how Gowther's magic was reduced to 1/10 of its normal power against the SD. Essentially it seems like a sufficient level of power makes it possible to largely negate magic abilities.

On that note, I'm not convinced that spatial abilities are an exception to this rule. You bring up Merlin's Teleportation as an example but have actually already seen that magic be disrupted. Back when Merlin and co. were heading to fight the elite demons in Camelot she mentioned that the "high density dark zone birthed from Meliodas (and the Commandments)" made it impossible to teleport into or out of the castle because of the shell of darkness around it. The phrasing is important because it makes it clear this was not the work of some anti-teleportation spell cast by Chandler, but rather just the effect of raw magical power emanating from Meliodas and the Commandments he was in the process of absorbing. If you believe that teleportation is in the same category of spatial abilities as Beltreipe's cuts then wouldn't Beltreipe be similarly unable to cut through that kind of a dense zone of darkness? That shell was eventually shattered by the Original Demon releasing its strength, which suggests that anyone on that level or above could likely exert their raw power in a similar way as Meliodas to disrupt teleportation and similar spatial abilities. This is in line with the magic resistance idea I brought up in the previous paragraph.

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
New chapter got leaked and it's a handfull. Already alerted FKS on it, too (take your time tho, mate, it's the weekend!).

SOONTM

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
No, it's definitely Arthur that is the issue here. Remember that it took all seven of the Sins to defeat the DK, and that was with Escanor burning out his soul and Merlin pushing the group beyond their limits with her spell. Likewise Cath had no qualms about fighting Arthur and six of the Sins at once. The Sins are powerful but not so powerful that nothing can stand up to them, especially now that they're down to a mere five members. Arthur should be much stronger than the DK and Cath combined so why is he so afraid of facing a weaker iteration of the Sins than what the two of them did? Not only that but he also got humiliated and even intimidated by Lancelot, who went on to have a tougher time dealing with the below Archangel level Nanashi. Whatever happened to make Arthur turn evil has seemingly also cost him the majority of his power, which is why there are no problems with a threat greater than him showing up at some point. I brought up Cath earlier and he's an excellent example of how easy that is to accomplish. The Sins were unable to deal any damage to him while he managed to easily trap them in an illusion without them even noticing when it happened. If not for Arthur saving their asses the Sins would have all been killed. This current evil version of Arthur is a complete clown in comparison to Cath.
Perhaps I didn't explain myself well - My problem would be more with a whole new threat being introduced. Cath was a portion of Chaos, the threat he pose merely fed into the threat that Chaos posed. If another portion of Chaos came along as a major villain, that would be fine. But the idea that Arthur/Chaos could be dealt with and a brand new villain get introduced, I feel would just be bad writing, because there should be no greater power then Chaos.

As an aside, I'm assuming Arthur's limitations are likely due to the creation and maintaining of Camelot. That would tie into the fact the KoA are destined to bring doom to Arthur and Camelot... Otherwise defeating Arthur shouldn't affect Camelot beyond stopping the theft of resources.