Voting - Most Underrated Character | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Most Underrated Character

Most Underrated Character

• Kagura Mikazuchi

• Mirajane Strauss

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Use this thread to vote for the Most Underrated Character.

Kagura Mikazuchi
-
Mirajane Strauss
Voting rules:
  • You are allowed one vote
  • You are permitted to change your vote while polls are open
  • If there is a tie, a staff pick will break the lock
Voting closes on August 13th, 2017.

Mirajane - 8 Nominations
Gajeel - 5 Nominations
Jacob - 5 Nominations
Kagura - 4 Nominations
Lucy - 4 Nominations
Lyon - 4 Nominations
Juvia - 4 Nominations
Brandish - 3 Nominations
Sting - 3 Nominations
Cobra - 2 Nominations
Mard Geer - 2 Nominations
Meredy - 2 Nominations
Panther Lily - 2 Nominations
Zeref - 2 Nominations
Bacchus - 1 Nomination
Hades - 1 Nomination
Hoteye - 1 Nomination
Irene - 1 Nomination
Jose - 1 Nomination
Kyouka - 1 Nomination
Lahar - 1 Nomination
Laki - 1 Nomination
Levy - 1 Nomination
Loke - 1 Nomination
Makarov - 1 Nomination
Mest - 1 Nomination
Minerva - 1 Nomination
Nab - 1 Nomination
Natsu - 1 Nomination
Obra - 1 Nomination
Rogue - 1 Nomination
Rufus - 1 Nomination
Ur - 1 Nomination

Mirajane - 18 votes
Gajeel - 11 votes
Lucy - 16 votes

Kagura - 21 votes
Jacob - 20 votes
Lyon - 11 votes

Please forward any questions to the Awards Info thread.

Last edited:

Crescent Jinx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
If you think about it, this thread almost was almost canon. We were really close to having a Mira vs Jacob for this underrating; That would have been hilarious; or a Lucy vs Jacob, which my biased self would have preferred. Also Kagura and Mira are about equal for me. Women are more underrated then men if you look at the sausage fest on all the rankings. So a female will always get my vote.

Now Mira has better showings earlier in manga (when her hype was intact) vs Kagura having better moments at the present. They both suffer from lack of panel time and BECAUSE THEY AREN'T ERZA which leads to them being underrated in comparison to other females like ERZA and IRENE. Also Kagura got used to support Sting and Jellal. While Mira defeated Jacob but her fight was not shown. And she pulled out too OP a form against little enchanted swords, leading to the form being dehyped. Along with Mira losing to hype Erza's opponent (Azuma, Irene) or needing help to defeat a demon (calling for Elfman). Although people do put Mira's Seliah soul as pretty high and a hax way to beat all characters in the manga. While Kagura has never really returned in power since unsheathing archenemy to Erza and losing to Larcade, Neinhart, Dimaria.

In popularity, both girls have ballards being sung by fans because they are alternative "strong" females to Erza who gets a lot of hate for being unrealistic in battle. And also because Kagura and Mirajane have sexy designs. The funny thing here is a lot of Mira fans are also Kagura fans and vice versa.

That being said. I don't know who to vote for. Guess Mira since her dehyping has been pretty much the entire manga vs Kagura's super hype introduction and trolling with her character.

Luca Blight

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
Kagura vs Mirajane would be the perfect finale for "most wasted potential"

Mira is easily the most liked female character when you factor in criticisms and unfavorable opinions. She's better received and far more recognized than Kagura. I don't understand why she's here. At least Kagura is underrated outside manga forums and a few other websites.

Last edited:

Costanza

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm confused as to underrated by the fans, or underrated just by the author. MIrajane has a big fan following in this forum compared to others, so in terms of popularity shes pretty high. A lot of people love the character and they think she can macro the FTverse. Mashima however pretty much shitted on her.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Both these girls were said to be the strongest (Kagura) or one of strongest (Mira) females in their guilds. :s They didn't really grow in terms of strength so I'll sit this one out. :notrust

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, unlike everyone else, I think Mirajane & Kagura are both underrated. Maybe it's because I've engaged in too many arguments but just look at this.

Anyways, I won't touch on the power ranking discussion here. I just want to say that neither of these girls get enough credit, in my opinion. And to be honest, I can't really decide who is more underrated. I mean both Mirajane and Kagura have some hardcore fans so that will definitely skew the 'underrated' part.

But because I remember more discussions regarding Mirajane, I'll vote for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.