Discussion - Mystery Team SPAIN | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Mystery Team SPAIN

Who do you think is Spain's 3rd Strongest Player?

• Silva Bambieri

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Mares De Con

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Romeo Fernandez

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Rodrigo Roca Rodrigo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 of the 2 unknown MS.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Julio

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Spain is the only nation we do not know about their players besides Medanore and Ryoga. It will be insane for spain to have a player as good Or even better than Ryoga except Medanore. I also predicting a spain ms to be on par as Tezuka.

How do you predict the strength of Spain?

If Japan go to Finals, will Spain beat them? Or Japan's plot armor will lead them to championship no matter how strong Spain is

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
So, even though we don't know much of anything about Spain's players yet, it actually seems pretty easy to create a hype setup for each match. I'm going to spitball here and assume Spain's line-up will have Ryoga and Medanore in singles alongside one of their MSers, plus one only-MS pair and one only-HS pair. Given these assumptions, you could, for example, do something like this:
  • Ryoga: equivalent to prime Nanjirou.
  • Medanore: stronger than Volk.
  • HS pair: one of them kept Spain in the big 4 while Medanore was injured, so his level shouldn't be far off guys like Ralph and Camus. The second guy would probably take more of a background role.
  • Singles MSer: I reckon this guy will be compared to Ludovic rather than Tezuka, just because Tezuka hasn't played any European tournaments to our knowledge whereas Ludovic already has a strong reputation internationally. Since there's a couple guys stronger than Ludovic though, maybe this guy's feat primarily focuses on something like never getting aced by the Prince of Aces or something along those lines.
  • MS pair: world's strongest MS pair with higher potential than Schneider and Bertie. Personally I'd like it if they had Synchro, but I'm not sure if we're still doing that.
Also, no matter what Spain has to offer, Japan will almost certainly beat them 3-2 in the end.

André Vinícius

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
So, even though we don't know much of anything about Spain's players yet, it actually seems pretty easy to create a hype setup for each match. I'm going to spitball here and assume Spain's line-up will have Ryoga and Medanore in singles alongside one of their MSers, plus one only-MS pair and one only-HS pair. Given these assumptions, you could, for example, do something like this:
  • HS pair: one of them kept Spain in the big 4 while Medanore was injured, so his level shouldn't be far off guys like Ralph and Camus. The second guy would probably take more of a background role.
  • Singles MSer: I reckon this guy will be compared to Ludovic rather than Tezuka, just because Tezuka hasn't played any European tournaments to our knowledge whereas Ludovic already has a strong reputation internationally. Since there's a couple guys stronger than Ludovic though, maybe this guy's feat primarily focuses on something like never getting aced by the Prince of Aces or something along those lines.
  • MS pair: world's strongest MS pair with higher potential than Schneider and Bertie. Personally I'd like it if they had Synchro, but I'm not sure if we're still doing that.
Also, no matter what Spain has to offer, Japan will almost certainly beat them 3-2 in the end.
One question: "How and when do you think the rank was made/updated ?"

Other question: "The U-17 WC happens every year or every 2 years ?"

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Ryoga being equivalent to prime nanjiro is too far.
Medanore- We all know he is stronger than volk.

Others I agree with.

But I dont think Japan is ready yet to beat spain. If it happens, it would look like a repeat of Rikkai arc. I think konomi needs a twist. And let the protagonist team lose.

Rikkaidai hyping to have an equivalent of 7 tezukas. But only Yuki and Sanada is in his level. And Renji is just even on Inui level. False hyping.

I dont want spain to have the same case. There is no point of hiding them this long just for them to lose their ONLY ON SCREEN MATCH.

Besides, If Ryoma beats Ryoga, it will be the end of this arc. Because it is likely the goal.
Ryoga already lose on the movie. Time for him to win in manga.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

One question: "How and when do you think the rank was made/updated ?"

Other question: "The U-17 WC happens every year or every 2 years ?"
Duke Vs Byodoin match where Byo save Duke's sister happened two years prior to the story line. So it is every 2 years.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
How and when do you think the rank was made/updated ?
Can you clarify what you mean? Are you talking about the country ranking?

The U-17 WC happens every year or every 2 years ?
It seems like every other year. Besides the point mathematicianrcg mentioned, Byoudouin also told Akutsu to win the WC two years from now. I wouldn't be surprised if there were continental tournaments in the off-years. Maybe they even double as qualifying rounds for the WC itself, who knows.

Rikkaidai hyping to have an equivalent of 7 tezukas. But only Yuki and Sanada is in his level. And Renji is just even on Inui level. False hyping.
This isn't the right place to debate this point, but I would disagree. Feel free to open a new thread if you want to get into it, or use the General thread.

Besides, If Ryoma beats Ryoga, it will be the end of this arc. Because it is likely the goal.
I mean, yeah, the series will probably end after the WC, except for maybe a short epilogue. That's why characters' story arcs are being finished up. Besides, another major arc would add an obscene amount of chapters to the series, let alone a follow-up WC. Not that it can't happen at all, but it strikes me as extremely unrealistic.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

It seems like every other year. Besides the point mathematicianrcg mentioned, Byoudouin also told Akutsu to win the WC two years from now. I wouldn't be surprised if there were continental tournaments in the off-years. Maybe they even double as qualifying rounds for the WC itself, who knows.

This isn't the right place to debate this point, but I would disagree. Feel free to open a new thread if you want to get into it, or use the General thread.

I mean, yeah, the series will probably end after the WC, except for maybe a short epilogue. That's why characters' story arcs are being finished up. Besides, another major arc would add an obscene amount of chapters to the series, let alone a follow-up WC. Not that it can't happen at all, but it strikes me as extremely unrealistic.
Well, the reason I think there will be another world cup is because there are still a lot of major characters not being showed or played their skills. Noah,Camus,osval transformatio Etc. Even argentina team who is ranked no. 6. And Russia who defeated them. We did not see All Swiss players Too. Tatsuta almost have no on screen match.

Also, that byo telling akutsu to win the next world cup gives us a clue that there will be a new one.

And Back to Spain, I just cant foresee a team being hyped and hide this long to lose to a japan team(assuming japan win, i root for germany).Atleast rikkai shown sanada and akaya.

And is it neccessary for the protagonist team to win always?????. Konami said he is not sure if he will make japan the champion yet. I dont know why but spain team mysteriousness makes me want them to win a championship.

Last edited:

André Vinícius

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Yes, for example when USA was put as Nº 5 and why it was put as Nº 5.

I ask this because if the rank was made 1~2 years ago, all the teams would have (probably) strong players to make the country rank high that aren't available anymore.

I personally think the rank is made by general history or by the last WC, because I can't really see how Japan have a lower rank than teams like Denmark (captain beat by Echizen), Australia (best player beat by Kintaro), etc. But if the rank was made 2 years ago when all the G10 were HS 1st year, that makes more sense and all the teams, 2 years ago, would have top level HS 3rd years and maybe them are more of the reason for the rank than the actual timeline lineup (even though most of them must have been there as 1st years since Duke for example was playing S1).

Well, all of this was because of this one line, there could be a HS like this or the one that kept Spain in the top 4 could be someone that isn't available anymore since we don't know when the rank was made/updated right ?

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
We do, actually. The last update was right after the Pre-WC. We also know that Germany, Switzerland, France and Spain held the top four spots for all of last year, implying that in theory they could've been surpassed.

We don't know any further details, but the rankings are probably updated regularly, maybe even weekly. Chances are the points expire at some point, but again we don't know what the cycle time is. Might be one year like the ATP, four years like the ITF or some other arbitrary time frame.

there could be a HS like this or the one that kept Spain in the top 4 could be someone that isn't available anymore
In essence, yes, there's probably players that contributed to Spain's ranking that have graduated since, but there's probably also others that are still on the team. Since I was only trying to suggest ways in which a current player could be hyped, only the second case is really important here.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Even if some Spain players last year graduated, there is even more probability that they are replaced by better players now.

Spain is defeating their opponents 6-0. Germany,Swiss,France was not able to that.

Japan have golden age of middle schoolers. It is true to most countries. For ex. France have ludovic. Australia has Noah.

And the best case scenario for spain is that Medanore fully healed, Ryoga Joins them, the HS who kept them in top 4 remains, and have new middle schoolers stronger than Tezuka and Ryoma.( Seems unbeatable but makes mysteriousness logical)

PS: I am still holding to my crazy theory of Kiratini joining Spain. Crazy plot twist

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, the reason I think there will be another world cup is because there are still a lot of major characters not being showed or played their skills. Noah,Camus,osval transformatio Etc. Even argentina team who is ranked no. 6. And Russia who defeated them. We did not see All Swiss players Too. Tatsuta almost have no on screen match.
But the thing is that those characters and teams don't really matter in the grand scheme of things. New Prince of Tennis isn't about them, so they don't need to be explored to the end. Plus, Noah and Camus not getting their own matches was presumably part of the reason why Niou showed them off instead.

Also, that byo telling akutsu to win the next world cup gives us a clue that there will be a new one.
Or it's just a nice send-off to highlight Akutsu's potential.

Atleast rikkai shown sanada and akaya.
Ryoga got introduced in chapter 50 and we've known about Medanore for well over a hundred chapters as well by now.

And is it neccessary for the protagonist team to win always?????. Konami said he is not sure if he will make japan the champion yet. I dont know why but spain team mysteriousness makes me want them to win a championship.
Yes. But more seriously, the protagonist (team) winning is a trope in sports shounen and this is a sports shounen. It's likely going to end like one.

Spain is defeating their opponents 6-0. Germany,Swiss,France was not able to that.
What do you mean? First off, Spain dropped games against America in both matches and on the flip side France seemed like they defeated England without breaking a sweat. Chances are Germany didn't lose games on their way to the semis either.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
But the thing is that those characters and teams don't really matter in the grand scheme of things. New Prince of Tennis isn't about them, so they don't need to be explored to the end. Plus, Noah and Camus not getting their own matches was presumably part of the reason why Niou showed them off instead.

Yes. But more seriously, the protagonist (team) winning is a trope in sports shounen and this is a sports shounen. It's likely going to end like one.

What do you mean? First off, Spain dropped games against America in both matches and on the flip side France seemed like they defeated England without breaking a sweat. Chances are Germany didn't lose games on their way to the semis either.
Maybe. But I still want for noah camus and osvak to play literally and seriously.

Not always the case. Shouku in slam dunk lost. Ahiru no sora so far is losing. Baby steps characters did not also always win. Diamond no ace protagonist team also lost.
Team Japan in Major Anime lose to team usa. Inazuma 11 go looks like will not win the world cup too. Even Hikaru go. In fact, if team japan wins, that will be the first time japan national team will win a world cup in anime. (Maybe except captain tsubasa? Not familiar with the anime).

I mean before their Match against Team USA. Ok let me rephrase, Team Spain did not drop a single SET from pre world cup up to this semis. And I bet only team usa was able to make them drop a game. Others would be like 6-0. Inui and Renji mentioned it that spain won 6-0 in pre world cup. And maybr in world cup proper tourney too.

Ps: Sanada and akaya introduction is different from ryoga/medanore. Sanada and akaya played against Ryoma. We have idea about their strengths. Thats is not the case with medanore and ryoga.

Now, I am more eager to know the spanish team.

I want germany to win against japan. But I think it will mean we will never see spain players on screen. Spain Vs Germany may done also off screen.

What's the problem of konomi? Why he doesnt show spanish players? Huhu.

But if it will be in special episodes, then it will be great.

Ps: I think it is too early for Ryoma to beat Ryoga. So I dont think it is a must for a spain vs japan finals just because of that.

Last edited:

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
Wonder if Spain will have the no.1 power player on their team.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Isnt it Randy and Albert of Swiss? Anyway it is in doubles

Yeah. Maybe they have the strongest power player

André Vinícius

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I think there's no way Spain will have the n.1 power player, simply because Japan nor Germany have a power player to go in the finals and power player play agaisnt power player

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I think there's no way Spain will have the n.1 power player, simply because Japan nor Germany have a power player to go in the finals and power player play agaisnt power player
Is it a rule? There is no definite rule about that.

And even if thats the case, they still can have a power player.

Spain power player would just need to play doubles. Just like duke played doubles against germany.

In short, Spain can still have a power player that will just play doubles

antigifted

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I wonder why Ryoga joined Spain.. his agenda is a bit tricky to understand as a whole. If he wants to defeat Ryoma, why invite him to play in the same team? And then when Ryoma left, he left too and now is in Spain. Why did he leave US team? Is he a Spanish citizen too lmao. I love Ryoga but I love Ralph too and he was nice to both brothers but now it seems Ryoga will defeat him mercilessly 😭

Now I'm starting to wonder if Ryoga will become the final boss/villain here.. I hope not huhu

Last edited:

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I wonder why Ryoga joined Spain.. his agenda is a bit tricky to understand as a whole. If he wants to defeat Ryoma, why invite him to play in the same team? And then when Ryoma left, he left too and now is in Spain. Why did he leave US team? Is he a Spanish citizen too lmao. I love Ryoga but I love Ralph too and he was nice to both brothers but now it seems Ryoga will defeat him mercilessly 😭

Now I'm starting to wonder if Ryoga will become the final boss/villain here.. I hope not huhu
Nope. Ryoga do not want to beat Ryoma. He wants to play with him. That is why he invited ryoma to join usa. And for Ryoma to be able to play against byodoin.

There are 2 ways to represent a country

1. You are a citizen of that country(Ryoga is both citizen of USA and Japan.
2. You live in that country(Tezuka's case with germany)(Ryoga beat former no. 4 in macau, and the spain team was in macau also (forgot where I read that), so it is safe to say that Ryoga is a spanish citizen too by the living category.)

Why Ryoga left USA? We do not know the reason. Maybe because Ryoma left also. Looks like the only reason Ryoga chose USA is both ryoma and him are usa citizens. If Ryoma is a spanish citizen too, ryoga maybe will invite ryoma to join spain.

Obviously Konomi is torn between Ryoga and the mysterious team spain. So what he did is for ryoga to join them.

Ralph as I said is one of my favorites. And he is very strong. He needs to beat Ryoga for him to be deserving of that team captain status. The usa rep can lose their respect for him if he lose.

Knowing konomi, he may just use ralph to hype up ryoga. Ryoga doesnt have feats yet.

But we never know, Ralph can pull up a surprise or should I say konomi can pull up a surprise.

If USA Ralph can be able to beat Ryoga, I think they have a chance. Because looking at the chapter summary, it is said that "Kiko is upset on MEDANORE". You can imply that Medanore already played.

Last edited:

antigifted

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Nope. Ryoga do not want to beat Ryoma. He wants to play with him. That is why he invited ryoma to join usa. And for Ryoma to be able to play against byodoin.

2. You live in that country(Tezuka's case with germany)(Ryoga beat former no. 4 in macau, and the spain team was in macau also (forgot where I read that), so it is safe to say that Ryoga is a spanish citizen too by the living category.)

Why Ryoga left USA? We do not know the reason. Maybe because Ryoma left also. Looks like the only reason Ryoga chose USA is both ryoma and him are usa citizens. If Ryoma is a spanish citizen too, ryoga maybe will invite ryoma to join spain.

Obviously Konomi is torn between Ryoga and the mysterious team spain. So what he did is for ryoga to join them.

Ralph as I said is one of my favorites. And he is very strong. He needs to beat Ryoga for him to be deserving of that team captain status. The usa rep can lose their respect for him if he lose.

Knowing konomi, he may just use ralph to hype up ryoga. Ryoga doesnt have feats yet.

But we never know, Ralph can pull up a surprise or should I say konomi can pull up a surprise.

If USA Ralph can be able to beat Ryoga, I think they have a chance. Because looking at the chapter summary, it is said that "Kiko is upset on MEDANORE". You can imply that Medanore already played.
Ooh okay, thanks for the reply! I'm just new here 😊
Out of all the foreign captains, Medanore seems to be the rude and meanie one lol. I'm surprised that he openly called US "small fry" lmao.

When Ryoma left US, Ryoga said something like "I guess that plan didn't work either." I wonder if that "plan" was just him and Ryoma playing in the same team? Or there's a grander scheme of things?

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Ooh okay, thanks for the reply! I'm just new here 😊
Out of all the foreign captains, Medanore seems to be the rude and meanie one lol. I'm surprised that he openly called US "small fry" lmao.

When Ryoma left US, Ryoga said something like "I guess that plan didn't work either." I wonder if that "plan" was just him and Ryoma playing in the same team? Or there's a grander scheme of things?
Yeah. Medanore has the baddest attitude among the captains. Even Volk has more respect. Ralph is very respectful. Byodoin is close second meanest, but at least he cares and respect opponents like amadeus. Amadeus is very polite too. He even approach akutsu.

The plan is for Ryoga and Ryoma to play on the same team. Another is for Ryoma to ne able to play against Byodoin in an official match. These plans did not work. Not sure if there are bigger ones. It will be revealed in the succeeding chapters.

antigifted

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Yeah. Medanore has the baddest attitude among the captains. Even Volk has more respect. Ralph is very respectful. Byodoin is close second meanest, but at least he cares and respect opponents like amadeus. Amadeus is very polite too. He even approach akutsu.

The plan is for Ryoga and Ryoma to play on the same team. Another is for Ryoma to ne able to play against Byodoin in an official match. These plans did not work. Not sure if there are bigger ones. It will be revealed in the succeeding chapters.
Camus and Ralph are my favorite captains 😂 I like the good guys. Thanks for your input!

Maybe Kiko is upset with Medanore because he spoke so rudely of the US team? Idk but that's how I understood it, if ever Kiko heard him. But if not, then yes I guess Medanore played already vs US.

High chance that Ryoga wants to spend time with Ryoma 🥺, but he is too cool and proud to go back to Japan team 😂