Voting Round 1 - Nana vs. Kakegurui | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 1 Nana vs. Kakegurui

Who wins?

• Nana

• Kakegurui

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haya-san

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Haya-san, you are one of the few that I can count on, that guide me always to the correct path. Voting for Nana... is that the correct path? Say it loud and clear to me!
I don't really know, since I haven't read the other manga :(

All I can say is that the Nana manga and anime were pretty popular a decade ago. If you're into josei/shoujo, then Nana might not disappoint you.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Paradise Kiss by Nana's author was what introduced me to the josei genre many years ago. Love the art style that I find cute and unique and Ai Yazawa's characters felt so human to me. My favorite characters are Yasu and Nana (the musician). Hachi frustrated me at times, but I still think she was one of the best written and most complex characters in the manga.
Yeah, I bet most loathe her at first, and she starts quite plain. The way she progresses is impressive and very convincing, she becomes so endearing...
Yasu is one of my favs as well^^

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
Reaction score
Country
England
I don't really know, since I haven't read the other manga :(

All I can say is that the Nana manga and anime were pretty popular a decade ago. If you're into josei/shoujo, then Nana might not disappoint you.
Thank you very much Haya-san. Your honesty never disappointed me, but of course I didn't expect anything less from you. You are my Ja'far/Serendine to my Sinbad!

I mean, everyone loves Sinubadoh, right? Especially Hakuei :kappa

@Farfalla confirm one thing for me:

Have you started to watch Re:Creators or not?

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Yes, right now, thru my phone, on YouTube c.c (Ik your tricky ways and this is about getting the vote, right? So on it '-' )

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
Reaction score
Country
England
Yes, right now, thru my phone, on YouTube c.c (Ik your tricky ways and this is about getting the vote, right? So on it '-' )
You do? Well I will not answer that one, yet. I just need one more confirmation:

Did you start watching it before or after my question?

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I haven't read either, but I know that Nana is quite good from a few people I know. Probably a lot better than Kakegurui.

But I will vote Kakegurui because of Nana's ears and tail.
The last part is false but I see what you did there '-'

:kappa:pjsalt:pjsalt:kappa
Damn, that was savage Gry :cop

I haven't read any of them, the discussion is quite salty so far so its quite engaging to follow. :heh
Kakegurui does look like a series I could enjoy (took a look at some panels and info) and does appeal to me like a "Shokugeki no Gambling" hehe
Nana on the other hand looks like a mature slice of life with realistic character development, I have a soft spot for those stories.

Uhmmmm :om

I think I would enjoy better Nana in a wider perspective so it gets my vote in this round.

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
Reaction score
Country
England
After your question, before my reply '-' still half way. And you were right, so far I like the red haired girl the most.
Okay, I summened everything up for my decision.

- Firstly, you are a disappointment. You could have know that I wanted you to think that I used this for the 'getting my vote' thingy. I thought you would know better then that.... like come on. You should have thought further than that. Ah well, what was I even expecting from you anyway.... The questions were totally not even connected to the voting process at all. Just wanted to see if you watched it or not and of course for my own enjoyment. =) -10 points

- Secondly, starting the anime after my question?? How more of a disgrace can you be? -50 points

- Finally, you are a disappointment. -100 points

HOWEVER, at least you were honest to me.. or so I believe.. unless you want to hurt my feelings more than you already do... you bully....... so for that I give you .1+ point

Anyway, honestly, I don't even know both mangas. Wanted to check Kakegurui 'cuz of Bel-chan who had once a lovely set. Also, the always meets my expectations. Such a nice woman, isn't she?! Not to forget Haya-san, who never disappoints me in anything, always meets my expectations also. Such a brave woman, isn't she? At least.. THEY WOULD NEVER HURT OR BULLY ME.... unlike some people.......

You guys are amazing people.

But for real, how can someone not like crazy women who are gambling? I mean, come on. Look at their faces! They are literally having a facegasm at this point zomg. That's just pure epicness right over there.

So yeah, my vote is rather obvious, if you ask me:

=)

My true reason I voted Nana isn't that difficult really....

Even thought I love to see characters going all crazy. It just popped up my mind that..... I wanna see Farfosh facing FMA a lot more. That's it. Just imagine all those lovely supports helping her maybe campaign! Or no even better..... her tl;dr posts zomg. If she passes this round that is. It just makes me so excited!

Oh yeah one more thing for Farfosh:

I told you that you would like Selesia (if you were honest that is '-')

PS: wanted to surprise you with a Nana Osaki sketch drawing, but it didn't work out atm so yeah than using an image of her I found. xd

Last edited:

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
:kappa:pjsalt:pjsalt:kappa
Damn, that was savage Gry :cop

I haven't read any of them, the discussion is quite salty so far so its quite engaging to follow. :heh
Kakegurui does look like a series I could enjoy (took a look at some panels and info) and does appeal to me like a "Shokugeki no Gambling" hehe
Nana on the other hand looks like a mature slice of life with realistic character development, I have a soft spot for those stories.

Uhmmmm :om

I think I would enjoy better Nana in a wider perspective so it gets my vote in this round.
You're a bigger person :emocat
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I wanna see Farfosh facing FMA a lot more.
See, now THAT'S SAVAGE.
Like... In reality me and E-chan are just fighting a war to die in the shores. I don't see any of those mangas not being brutally crushed by FMA next, LOL.
Heck, it's one of my own fav mangas as well (altho RK and Nana still beat it, imo), so I have no idea how I'd be able to get people to favor Nana over it. Different styles, both with mature approaches (altho FMA is still a shonen) and FMA just have a lot of badass and unique stuff in it.
I do believe Nana has better characters, to start with, but how would I even compare those... specially without spoilers. I have no idea yeah, but hey, I do like it hard.
So I do wanna see what I'd be able to do in the next round as well '-' (and honestly, it's been nice to find other people that also love Nana).

I told you that you would like Selesia (if you were honest that is '-')
Well... So far I've only seen 3 chars XDDD But she's gorgeous and seems to have a nice personality :awe badass-chan.
I kinda have an idea about what could be going on with Altair, but it's rly too soon to tell.
Thx for your support anyway '-' I'll honor my -159 points.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Nah, Lambu is one shrewd guy. His real intentions could very well be similar to magi's. Supporting your pick long enough for you to have faith in it winning, and then when you least expect it he'll go against you. :rolleyes:

I'm kind enough to spare you the trouble of that prematurely.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
That's fair enough, I did the same in the WW. Supported others until they'd face my own pick, that's only natural. Plus, I rly don't have high hopes of beating FMA if Nana passes now as I just wrote about '-'

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
So you're addicted to it due to a real addiction :cop
Not really, I don't suffer from any addictions. I just enjoy a good gamble (and a cigarette).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@Farfalla You need to have Faith in your series regardless of who are you're fighting!

I will probably go read Nana after this contest is over, but I am generally not a fan of manga that are way too real to me. Like I said, Nana herself already reminds me of a coworker of mine. (And a bit of myself o.0)

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Oh nonono, whoever passes, we're fighting!
I dont plan on letting Miss Magi have an easy time with her FMA either.

And that's great to read^^
I'm assuming you're talking about Osaki Nana, why is that? XD

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
Reaction score
Country
England
I can't wait for you to convince me to vote for Nana next round, if you pass this one ofc. Don't disappoint me. I am counting on you. I have faith in you, Farfosh.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Oh nonono, whoever passes, we're fighting!
I dont plan on letting Miss Magi have an easy time with her FMA either.

And that's great to read^^
I'm assuming you're talking about Osaki Nana, why is that? XD
The coworker? They look eerily similar to each other. The starting point for Nana's story is like my own when I tried to make it in Austin last fall.

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
One of the most interesting battles of this first round. It was difficult, both sides have good arguments. But I ended up voting for Nana because I fear for Hardy's life.

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Nah, Lambu is one shrewd guy. His real intentions could very well be similar to magi's. Supporting your pick long enough for you to have faith in it winning, and then when you least expect it he'll go against you. :rolleyes:

I'm kind enough to spare you the trouble of that prematurely.
Oh man, what kind of image you have of me? :hmph
Imma vote for the ones I believe are better regardless of the tournament brackets, its not like I have a winning nomination this time either (its a slice of life aswell)

Evil Lambu only exists in the Mafia Game, I swear it on Holo :blush:handgun

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
No piece of media has had me wishing to remove my testicles as hard as Nana did. Take that as you will.

Edit: but its awesome and amazing and it made my testies grow again. This post may or may have not been influenced by Farfalla.

Edit 2: not Farfalla, it came from me, I swear.

Edit 3: ok she wont talk to me I screwed up.

Edit 4: ok she is back to speaking: this show gave me an antiboner.

Edit 5: fuck it no more beers.

Edit 6: ok guys vote for the manga with more titties, trust your heart.
Is that the "cause you're unbareable" argument again? c_c
I see a pattern here. :teehee

Reactions: Sky
Status
Not open for further replies.