Naruto 579 review: Brothers, Fight as one! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Naruto 579 review: Brothers, Fight as one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hi...so this thread will collect all the ideas and scripts, and will contain the final version of the review as well...
Basically anything Naruto review related....

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

I though about how we should write the review...I thought off dividing it into 5 main parts besides the short intro and end credits
Format
- Intro
I. Analysis
1. Small summary of the chapter that focuses how the chapter is built up from the beginning til the end, and identifies a main message or core of the chapter...
2. Character development, dialogue analysis, or any other stuff that is related to characters
3. Plot development, pace, new revelations/info...basically anything that moves or doesn't move the plot forward, or anything that expands the lore
4. Art analysis...paneling, details, facial expressions, pace, etc...
5. Action....how well is it executed, how complex it was, how boring it was, basically a separate analysis just on the action part...jutsus used, jutsus that could have been used instead

II. Impressions
- from all of us on the 5 categories mentioned above and scores from all of us...(that's why I chose 5 categories, so that we can easily score each category and then add them together....can use 0, 0.1, 0.7 so basically the marks are not just 0 or 1)

III. Predictions

- Credits

Participants on this project

- jdw ----- plot
- ninjabot ------ predictions
- Delbi ----- action(the only category remaining)
- benelori ------ intro and summary
- KiSwordsman ------ characters
- Masterpice(awaiting reply)
- Googlez-kun(awaiting reply) ------ art

Oh yeah...any ideas on how to change the format are welcome

Character analysis
In this chapter the focus was entirely on the Itachi and Sasuke vs Kabuto fight. The characters presented themselves in three completely different ways in regard to each. However, this was not out of the norm for two of them.

Sasuke was his observant, condescending self. While Kabuto, like his master before him, was very confident, despite the situation. It was Itachi's attitude that I found interesting this week. While calm, like he usually tends to be. He was also slightly humorous, giving Sasuke the nickname "doctor snakes," which ended up becoming a running gag for the chapter. I found this odd, but then remembered how Nagato acted with Naruto before Kabuto stripped him of his free will. Most likely, the logic behind this is that some characters brought back with edo-tensei, especially Itachi, no longer have a reason to present themselves the same way that they did while alive. It would make sense, given Itachi's words to Sasuke at the end last weeks chapter.

At the end of the chapter we see why Kabuto has been so confident throughout it, despite hiding from the Uchiha brothers for most of it. It turns out that, along with taking the abilities of both Karin and Suigetsu, he has also taken, or rather learned Jugo's ability. Which in truth turns out to be the snakes version of sage mode. Not only has Kabuto learned this ability, he has mastered it, becoming a perfect sage. If that weren't enough, he claims to have become a dragon because of his mastery over the ability. Weather this meant symbolically, or literally remains to be seen. We can gather that he seems very confident in the ability, due to the fact that he chose to stop hiding from both Sasuke and Itachi upon its activation. This implies that he possibly is no longer wary of their genjutsu.

Even more interesting is the fact that Itachi seemed to be aware of not only the the places that Kabuto mentioned, but also sage mode itself. However, given the fact that Itachi has been shown to be informed about things like the identity of Naruto's parents, I suppose it's not all that surprising.

There isn't that much to say about Sasuke. The one thing that I can say regarding him is that he seems to be alot less mentally unstable in his brothers presence. He is still a little hot headed and condesending, but seems alot less likely to kill someone at the drop of a hat.

Plot analysis
The major revelations of the chapter are:

1. Kabuto has achieved Sage Mode and elevated to being a dragon and not a mere snake by training with the Sage of White Snake at Ryuchi Dou, which is as notable as Myobokuzan. This is rather important because it even surprises and impresses Itachi, who is a pro at analysis. If he knows f it and still cares, then it probably matters a great deal.

2. Kabuto obtained much of his power by researching the shinobi who would later be called upon by Sasuke to be a part of Hebi/Taka: Suigetsu, Karin, and Juugo.

3. Karin is an Uzumaki. This could be a rather important fact going forward, but we will have to wait and see. Sasuke was interested in this fact for one reason or another, but we don't know yet the extent of his curiosity.

4. Snakes are not completely useless. The Sage of the White Snake training Kabuto to achieve their version of Sage Mode is truly stunning as there was no previous indication that there were any other practicing Sage arts outside of those affiliated with the toads of Myoubokuzan.

Overall, the pacing of the chapter moved fairly fast. 578 ended with Itachi and Sasuke facing off against Kabuto. 579 launches into actual combat after a few words are exchanged.

We didn't really see any advancement of the Uchiha brothers as this was mainly Kabuto's chance to show something. There was twin Susanoo, but no abilities that we have not seen previously.

One interesting point is about Kabuto's perception in Sage Mode. There is no sure basis of comparison of actual ability across the Sage Modes (Snake/Toad), but could it be possible that Kabuto's avoidance of Sasuke's arrow means that Naruto would be able to avoid it in Sage Mode? Just something to think about as the story unfolds I guess

Action
The action of this chapter was more so a build up to the juicy parts of the fight between the Uchiha brothers and Kabuto that are bound to ensue in coming chapters; even still quite a few interesting things happened, along with a few reveals in reguards to new jutsu.

Before we get to what everyone is raving about (Kabuto's Dragon Sage Mode), it should be noted that right off the bat Itachi and Sasuke whipped out Sussano. Frankly, it's disappointing for me to see these two great fighters turned into nothing more than mecha operators, but alas, I guess they need to pull out the big guns considering who their opponent is and the situation they are in. What should be noted is that while Itachi has infinite stamina, Sasuke does not, and for once, Itachi won't be this feeble ninja having to hold back. It'll be interesting to see if stamina becomes an issue for Sasuke during this fight.

Starting off though, both Itachi and Sasuke began engaging Kabuto differently. Itachi took a more restrained approach and didn't attempt to hurt Kabuto whereas Sasuke immediately cut through his snakes. While Itachi is usually always correcting Sasuke, this time it was Sasuke who corrected Itachi claiming that they mustn’t take it easy on Kabuto given the fact he has Orochimaru's powers. This should lead into quite the brawl between these fighters as it's becoming blatantly obvious that even if the Uchiha brothers wanted to kill Kabuto, they might not succeed.

Speaking of Kabuto, is it just me or did Kishi take some influence for Doc. Ock from the Spider-Man comics in the way he uses his snakes? Offensively Kabuto didn't display much in this chapter, but I do like his fighting style nonetheless. And his initial attacks with the snakes were pretty cool.

But while Kabuto may not have been offensive heavy this week, his defense is proving to be quite impressive. Not only does he have an amazing defense against ocular genjutsu with his snakes, but his healing capabilities and ability to liquefy (thanks to Karin and Suigetsu respectively) have given him quite the powerful body. Watching him easily deal with an onslaught that would leave most ninja's gasping for straws was impressive. These abilities alone would make him quite the headache for nearly anyone in the manga, and yet, neither of those improvements compare much to his new trump card....

DRAGON SAGE MODE

With the help of Juugo's DNA and training at Ryuchidou Kabuto has now become a Sage, and good God is that scary. Remember when Kakashi, a very fast ninja with the Sharigan failed to dodge Sasuke's Sussano arrow and had to use Kamui? Kabuto has no such problem thanks to the perceptual ability of his new Sage Mode. Now, if his Sage Mode is like Naruto's we can assume his body just received a massive upgrade in the strength, speed, and durability department as well (it will also be interesting to see if there are differences between the two, such as one being better at doing something than the other). O, and let's not forget adding natural energy to his techniques is going to boost their power as well. Yea, Itachi and Sasuke are in for quite a ride. And whatever Sage Technique: Hakugeki Jutsu is, I'm sure it'll be cool and quite deadly.

Overall the action in this chapter surmounts to two exchanges, Kabuto attacking Sasuke and Itachi with his snakes and them countering said attack, and Kabuto dodging Sasuke's Sussano arrow. Not all that exciting, but the reveal of Dragon Sage Mode will surely give us an action packed chapter next week. I'd give the action this week a 3/5.

Last edited:

alphabeta

Reviewer
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Re: Joint Naruto review: xxx

Right off the bait. [user]KiSwordsman[/user] is also part of the Naruto team. Don't go excluding people just like that. ;)

For the record, so is [user]Masterpice[/user]. But he still didn't reply to my PM to subscribe in the RA HQ Thread, so for now, let's assume the review will be written without him.

But my biggest worry is the format. If you've checked out our other reviews, you'll notice that we have a simple 3 point format. It's simple, it's easy, it's effective. We have a lot of newcomers (Naruto team consists only of newcomers aside from you), so all those dialouge analysis, plot deveopment and new relavations stuff is something for experts.

We have too many newcomers in this team, so three sections won't be enough, but I still think we should use the standard format, especially in the beginning of our reviewer career.

So, if I may use my authority as the founder and leader of the Reviewer Alliance... that format needs to be changed, bene. :mono

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

BTW, I thik the team should be ready for 579. 578 will be out in two days, but there's enough prep. time for 579.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania

Right off the bait. [user]KiSwordsman[/user] is also part of the Naruto team. Don't go excluding people just like that. ;)

For the record, so is [user]Masterpice[/user]. But he still didn't reply to my PM to subscribe in the RA HQ Thread, so for now, let's assume the review will be written without him.
Well I couldn't have known that now, could I? When they'll subscribe to this thread or to HQ, then I'll add them...I need to know stuff, right...I'm not excluding anybody here
But my biggest worry is the format. If you've checked out our other reviews, you'll notice that we have a simple 3 point format. It's simple, it's easy, it's effective. We have a lot of newcomers (Naruto team consists only of newcomers aside from you), so all those dialouge analysis, plot deveopment and new relavations stuff is something for experts.
The format is totally the same...the Analysis part that you have in the reviews it's the same as the Review Part...we will rename it if you want, but it's still the same...my format has impressions as well...and the only thing that isn't there is Predictions, which...well....I forgot to add:sweat

And trust me...all these people who wrote back(jdw, ninjabot and Delbi) and the ones you mentioned afterwards Masterpice and KiSwordsman are experts....I know this because I'm modding Naruto for years now...nobody is a reviewer, but that doesn't mean that their analyzing capabilities are bad...actually quite the opposite...you can trust me on that:p
We have too many newcomers in this team, so three sections won't be enough, but I still think we should use the standard format, especially in the beginning of our reviewer career.

So, if I may use my authority as the founder and leader of the Reviewer Alliance... that format needs to be changed, bene. :mono
You can use your authority:p...but this is not the time, because there's nothing to change as I've said earlier....I just broke down the analysis part into different parts...you've read comments from the other reviews right? We need to make a cohesive, structured review.
BTW, I thik the team should be ready for 579. 578 will be out in two days, but there's enough prep. time for 579.
That depends really, on how fast will people react to this thread and how can they organize their time...we'll see...I see no problem in prolonging it to next week, but if people will be ready, then why not?

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

EDIT: format changed to the big 3 parts

Last edited:

Delbi

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Joker

I honestly think doing 579 would be a good idea instead of just knocking out 578 right away for a few reasons.

1) And this an be ignored since it's selfish of me, but I am extremely busy this week and won't have access to a computer Saturday, so I won't be as available as I usually will be to the group, so my input won't be as strong as it usually would be. So if everyone else wants to do 578 without me, or with little input me that is fine with me.

2) I think we as a group need to discuss how we are going to go about the review. And while we are all very knowledgeable of Naruto, we all do have strong opinions and personalities. This isn't a bad thing, but saying that, we need to come to a consensus about the chapters we are reviewing, and thus we have to devise as a group how we are going to do this so that we create the best review possible with out expertise on the manga. Whether this is we each take a certain part of the review, or we come together to each part is something we have to decide.

3) We aren't experienced reviewers, and while I don't see this as a hard task, it'd be nice to maybe use 578 as our practice run as to how this process is going to work in the future.

Again these are just thoughts, so feel free to disagree or whatever.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania

I honestly think doing 579 would be a good idea instead of just knocking out 578 right away for a few reasons.

1) And this an be ignored since it's selfish of me, but I am extremely busy this week and won't have access to a computer Saturday, so I won't be as available as I usually will be to the group, so my input won't be as strong as it usually would be. So if everyone else wants to do 578 without me, or with little input me that is fine with me.
I see...I see no problem with that...if you are busy, then of course we will take our time and make the review of next week's chapter...I would like everyone to have time and think through what we are going to write...so it's okay
2) I think we as a group need to discuss how we are going to go about the review. And while we are all very knowledgeable of Naruto, we all do have strong opinions and personalities. This isn't a bad thing, but saying that, we need to come to a consensus about the chapters we are reviewing, and thus we have to devise as a group how we are going to do this so that we create the best review possible with out expertise on the manga. Whether this is we each take a certain part of the review, or we come together to each part is something we have to decide.
This will be a bit interesting then...I would like to know if you have any particular ideas on how to reach a consensus if we can...discussing the main chapter points maybe?
Every time I've written a review, my main goal was to make it a cohesive text...which means that the different parts of the review were related with each other, so it happened a lot that certain ideas from one part got imported to another...
That's why I suggest that we write each our parts in order...for example, if I start by writing a small summary and identifying the main aspects of the chapter, then the next parts should be written in light of what I wrote...so basically each of us will have to use the information of what the others have written to make it cohesive...so we should write our parts in order...

So I agree that some degree of consensus needs to be reached here...
3) We aren't experienced reviewers, and while I don't see this as a hard task, it'd be nice to maybe use 578 as our practice run as to how this process is going to work in the future.

Again these are just thoughts, so feel free to disagree or whatever.
It's not a hart task....the basic idea of reviewing is what we always do when we post in the chapter discussion thread...we identify a certain idea, we have an opinion and we back up that opinion with some logic...
However a review tackles the entire chapter not just aspects of it, that's why I'm proposed that we should write our parts in order...

We really need to receive input from the others as well, so that we can reach an agreement

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

About the idea of reaching a consencus between the reviewers. I whole-heartedly support for this idea, however there are some problems attached to it. I fear that if we will first discuss all the aspects of a review beforehand, we might not have enough time left for the actual writing. The same thing applies to the "writing sections in order, one after another" part. It would make the JR look more planned out, but that would create problems for the people who would write the "latter sections".

That idea would work in a monthly review. I'm not sure about weekly.

---------- Post added March 14, 2012 at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was March 13, 2012 at 11:31 PM ----------

I PM'ed the guys to come over to this thread.

KiSwordsman

Reaction score
Country
United States

So are we doing as Delbi suggested, and using this chapter as a test run?

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States

Wait, this chapter as in this chapter? Slow down! It's all going so FAST!

Nah. We gotta get used to things eventually. Though inline with reaching a consensus, does that mean we have to vote unanimously on what to put in the review? Or each person has sole control over their aspect of said review?

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

I'm still not very sure how this test run is supposed to work in the first place. Let's wait for bene to clear that up.

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Nah. We gotta get used to things eventually. Though inline with reaching a consensus, does that mean we have to vote unanimously on what to put in the review? Or each person has sole control over their aspect of said review?
I'm for the latter variant. Like I said, the "agreeing beforehand" is too time-consuming. We won't come to one common opinion of all the aspects of a chapter in 1-2 days. That's why I'm for dividing the sections between the members and everyone writes whatevery he wants.

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States

Huh. Well, I guess that works. I think you picked a good group of reviewers then, because you've accumulated pretty much every type of Naruto fan here amongst us. Which should make for some... "colorful" reviews.

KiSwordsman

Reaction score
Country
United States

I'm still not very sure how this test run is supposed to work in the first place. Let's wait for bene to clear that up.

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

I'm for the latter variant. Like I said, the "agreeing beforehand" is too time-consuming. We won't come to one common opinion of all the aspects of a chapter in 1-2 days. That's why I'm for dividing the sections between the members and everyone writes whatevery he wants.
I'm all for that, but won't doing it that way make the flow of the review seem a little strange? Forgive me if this was discussed already.

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

I'm all for that, but won't doing it that way make the flow of the review seem a little strange? Forgive me if this was discussed already.
No, it wasn't. The whole JR thing is respectively new in the first place, so there's still a lot more questions than answers. >_>

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

Hmmm... doesn't look like Masterpice is going to join us. I think we can start discussing the distribution of the sections. Do you guys have any idea what section you might want to write?

Right of the bait. We have 4 people in this review and 3 sections. That's the perferct amount. 2 people are going to write the analysis, one half each, the other two are going to divide the impressions/predictions between themselves.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

And I think it's time to add the 479 to the thread title.

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States

I'm here! Sorry, I was AFK for a while. We ready to start or...?

EDIT: I'll be taking one of the less strenuous jobs, ofcourse. Since this is my first time... I expect you guys to be gentle.

I'll take impressions and predictions.

Last edited:

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania

About the idea of reaching a consencus between the reviewers. I whole-heartedly support for this idea, however there are some problems attached to it. I fear that if we will first discuss all the aspects of a review beforehand, we might not have enough time left for the actual writing. The same thing applies to the "writing sections in order, one after another" part. It would make the JR look more planned out, but that would create problems for the people who would write the "latter sections".

That idea would work in a monthly review. I'm not sure about weekly.

---------- Post added March 14, 2012 at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was March 13, 2012 at 11:31 PM ----------

I PM'ed the guys to come over to this thread.
Well since Delbi won't have much time to contribute this week, I think it's alright that if we would post the review of next week's chapter officially, but work on this week's chapter as well, to see how well we work together...so officially this should be a test, but if we will get something done, then we could post it...

About the reading after one another...I think we should at least test it first, see if it works, and then judge on how well it works or doesn't work...so let's just try it...

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Yup...let's use this as a test run...

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

This is just a test run, so no worries:p

On reaching a consensus...we wouldn't turn this into a chapter discussion thread, but we should agree on the main points that are debatable in the chapter...like in this chapter
Do the Kages have chances of actually winning? Is Madara just an arrogant bastard, or is his behaviour backed up by a real difference in power?
Is Kabuto really prepared for the Uchiha brothers?
Did Itachi just lie again to Sasuke by promising him that he would talk after Kabuto is taken care of?

And based on how each other present the arguments I can write an intro and a small summary that would mirror these ideas and points of view...and based on my short summary, then everybody will be able to exploit every opinion and creativity in writing their designated parts...how's that sound?

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Not all aspects....key aspects...a short summary and an introduction should create enough creativity, that would be understood as an agreement or at least give the impression of cohesiveness...

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Huh. Well, I guess that works. I think you picked a good group of reviewers then, because you've accumulated pretty much every type of Naruto fan here amongst us. Which should make for some... "colorful" reviews.
That is why I structured the format of the review the way I did...or at least this is one of the reasons...the different parts shouldn't overlap too much as to create conflicting parts in the review

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

It wasn't discussed, it's actually the main issue...and I suggested that we would write our parts in order...so that each contributor would be able to read what the other has written beforehand and maybe use those ideas, but never contradict them

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Right of the bait. We have 4 people in this review and 3 sections. That's the perferct amount. 2 people are going to write the analysis, one half each, the other two are going to divide the impressions/predictions between themselves.
It doesn't really work that way...each person has its own part...and because this is a test run, then I'm willing to fill in for anyone...
Impressions are done by everybody, all the rest separately...

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

EDIT: I'll be taking one of the less strenuous jobs, ofcourse. Since this is my first time... I expect you guys to be gentle.

Impressions are written by everybody, so that yours by default...don't forget to rate the chapter based on the 5 parts of the review...I chose 5 parts so that it would be easy to rate...mark goes from 0 to 1...REAL numbers, not just 0 and 1...

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------
Anyways....I choose the Intro and Short Summary, so that we could get this going quickly enough

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

For anyone who doesn't have an idea about what to write in the other sections, so he can't choose....I did make some suggestions there...but those are just suggestions, things that outline some important things....but I encourage creativity....if you choose characters, and you choose to write about Madara's ego as a central idea, then go ahead...if you think he is a prick then go ahead and write that, just give some arguments...if you think the Uchiha bro union is based on a lie then write that...just share your thoughts within the limits of the part that you are supposed to write...that's all...

Also it looks like [user]Googlez-kun[/user] will be taking care of the art analysis....it's nothing certain, but I'm mentioning it so that you could choose something else...it doesn't matter much, because this should be viewed as a test, not an actual review, but if we manage to pull something out, then we can as well post it in the future.

So let's get to work....I will start my part, and it will done in an hour or so...

KiSwordsman

Reaction score
Country
United States

Since Alpha said 2 people can work on this ill help you.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania

Hello, hello MH members and Naruto fans! And welcome to another Joint Review of Naruto by <insert participants>.
Our golden cast will share ideas and will analyze the events of these week's chapter of Naruto, so gather around a fire and let's start!:party

The chapter's title is very interesting this week, because it presents an emotion that is very frequent in times of war and conflict. Hopelessness, the feeling of being powerless, the absence of people who support you are resounding reasons for despair.

The title assumes that the chapter will present weakness of despair, however it leaves space for us to decide who is displaying this emotion, and who are the ones that are capable of overcoming it. However we are at least presented the potential cast that is victim of this.

The first page presents us the 3 important battles of this war. From what we were presented until now the one who has shown some signs of despair or at least beginning of despair is Madara, because Naruto is full of confidence, Bee is just cool, and Kakashi and Gai were practically on the sidelines.

The second battle is with Kages vs Madara. Without question the Kages are the one who are on the verge of despair, however the question is how is this their weakness and can they overcome it.

Tsunade starts out by proving that her medical jutsu can heal anything as she escapes from Madara's clutch and uses her jutsu to heal herself. However as the battle progresses, Madara uses a Rinnegan jutsu to absorb the attack, and proceeds to overwhelm his opponents by making enough clones to change the meaning of 5 vs. 1 in this battle.

In the meanwhile he explains that the first psychological hurdle he threw to the Kages was revealing Shodai's face. This should've caused some despair but Tsunade's tenacity and willpower overcame that. However the casual display of the almighty Rinnegan and the superior numbers favoring Madara at the moment did cause the Kages to split up, but it remains to be seen if their spirit remains united in front of Madara.

So despite the danger of despair, the Kages manage to overcome it.

The other fight features the Uchiha bros and Kabuto. Fortunately-_-', some of the information on that battle is spoiled beforehand and practically tells us that the brothers will unite, despite the suspense provided last week of a 3 way battle.

Kabuto, because of his playfulness or careful tactical maneuvering(born maybe out of despair of fighting against the brothers) tries to convince Sasuke to join him, however he misinterprets Sasuke's intentions in this conflict. In the end he shows signs of confidence and displays a trademark Orochimaru smile in anticipating the coming battle.
The Uchiha brothers instead unite for the first time in their life, and it is a heart-breaking scene mostly because it seems to be built on a lie. Their source of despair is voiced by Kabuto who describes them as individuals who, lost their friends. In the end however the brothers managed to overcome this hurdle, and unite their strengths.

So what is the weakness of despair that the title mentioned? The main weakness is that it provides discord, but fortunately our heroes are on the right path to overcome this.

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

Since Alpha said 2 people can work on this ill help you.
However I think impressions should be wrote by everyone...so that comes by default...so can you choose something else besides predictions?:p...this is a test run, so don't be discouraged to choose one of the more laborious parts. I mean I've already wrote the summary part, so you can use pointers from that if you'd like.

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

Also....keep in mind, that what I wrote there is not a short summary, there is a brief analysis in there as well...a brief analysis of the characters....I decide to insert that there, because I think that is the tone of the chapter, and I provided an angle from which we can analyze...I can take out the character analysis part at any time, so that anyone can incorporate that, but in more detail...

However if nobody will take character analysis then I will just expand what I wrote in there...and it means that 3 parts of the review are already covered.

KiSwordsman

Reaction score
Country
United States

Hello, hello MH members and Naruto fans! And welcome to another Joint Review of Naruto by <insert participants>.
Our golden cast will share ideas and will analyze the events of these week's chapter of Naruto, so gather around a fire and let's start!:party

The chapter's title is very interesting this week, because it presents an emotion that is very frequent in times of war and conflict. Hopelessness, the feeling of being powerless, the absence of people who support you are resounding reasons for despair.

The title assumes that the chapter will present weakness of despair, however it leaves space for us to decide who is displaying this emotion, and who are the ones that are capable of overcoming it. However we are at least presented the potential cast that is victim of this.

The first page presents us the 3 important battles of this war. From what we were presented until now the one who has shown some signs of despair or at least beginning of despair is Madara, because Naruto is full of confidence, Bee is just cool, and Kakashi and Gai were practically on the sidelines.

The second battle is with Kages vs Madara. Without question the Kages are the one who are on the verge of despair, however the question is how is this their weakness and can they overcome it.

Tsunade starts out by proving that her medical jutsu can heal anything as she escapes from Madara's clutch and uses her jutsu to heal herself. However as the battle progresses, Madara uses a Rinnegan jutsu to absorb the attack, and proceeds to overwhelm his opponents by making enough clones to change the meaning of 5 vs. 1 in this battle.

In the meanwhile he explains that the first psychological hurdle he threw to the Kages was revealing Shodai's face. This should've caused some despair but Tsunade's tenacity and willpower overcame that. However the casual display of the almighty Rinnegan and the superior numbers favoring Madara at the moment did cause the Kages to split up, but it remains to be seen if their spirit remains united in front of Madara.

So despite the danger of despair, the Kages manage to overcome it.

The other fight features the Uchiha bros and Kabuto. Fortunately-_-', some of the information on that battle is spoiled beforehand and practically tells us that the brothers will unite, despite the suspense provided last week of a 3 way battle.

Kabuto, because of his playfulness or careful tactical maneuvering(born maybe out of despair of fighting against the brothers) tries to convince Sasuke to join him, however he misinterprets Sasuke's intentions in this conflict. In the end he shows signs of confidence and displays a trademark Orochimaru smile in anticipating the coming battle.
The Uchiha brothers instead unite for the first time in their life, and it is a heart-breaking scene mostly because it seems to be built on a lie. Their source of despair is voiced by Kabuto who describes them as individuals who, lost their friends. In the end however the brothers managed to overcome this hurdle, and unite their strengths.

So what is the weakness of despair that the title mentioned? The main weakness is that it provides discord, but fortunately our heroes are on the right path to overcome this.

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

However I think impressions should be wrote by everyone...so that comes by default...so can you choose something else besides predictions?:p...this is a test run, so don't be discouraged to choose one of the more laborious parts. I mean I've already wrote the summary part, so you can use pointers from that if you'd like.

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

Also....keep in mind, that what I wrote there is not a short summary, there is a brief analysis in there as well...a brief analysis of the characters....I decide to insert that there, because I think that is the tone of the chapter, and I provided an angle from which we can analyze...I can take out the character analysis part at any time, so that anyone can incorporate that, but in more detail...

However if nobody will take character analysis then I will just expand what I wrote in there...and it means that 3 parts of the review are already covered.
Fair enough, whats the deadline?

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania

Well I don't want to pressure anyone, since this is a test, but maybe you can be done by tomorrow? If you don't have time then Friday is a good day as well...also, what part are you choosing? If you choose Characters, then I will modify my summary, if you will choose something else, then I will take characters as well, and expand what I wrote...

Even though this is a test, I think it's a good practice for all of us to finish our parts as fast as possible, so that the others could start working on their stuff as well...

jdw

Reaction score
Country
United States

Sup all. I can do plot (first choice) or character (second choice) development. For this test run, I would appreciate if we could have sections due on Friday. I always have time for Naruto, but I work really long hours, sadly. What will the deadline be for weeks that are not test runs (sorry if I missed it).

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania

Sup all. I can do plot (first choice) or character (second choice) development. For this test run, I would appreciate if we could have sections due on Friday. I always have time for Naruto, but I work really long hours, sadly. What will the deadline be for weeks that are not test runs (sorry if I missed it).
Hey, hey! o/...plot would be awesome....please do that...I already did some of the character part, so plot is next on the list...

And for future reviews, I think Saturdays will be reasonable deadline IMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.