Naruto 579 review: Brothers, Fight as one! | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Naruto 579 review: Brothers, Fight as one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiSwordsman

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Joint Naruto review: xxx

So I guess that leaves me with characters? Okay then.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania

So I guess that leaves me with characters? Okay then.
Awesome...then I will rewrite my summary after I see what you and jdw wrote, so that I can make it a short summary for real

ninjabot

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

Okay, so my work schedule is as follows for this week:

Off Monday and Tuesday, work 12 hours on Wednesday and Thursday, then off Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

But because it's a 12 hour, 3rd shift job the next week I work:

Monday and Tuesday, then I'm off Wednesday and Thursday... then I work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The hours alternate like that each week. One short, one long. Meaning I just got off of work 2 hours and 20 minutes ago from a 12 hour shift. So after some sleep I can be on to start working on some stuff.

But I want some things squared away first. How many paragraphs should I make my impressions portion, since we're all giving impressions? And second, what else should I pick up in addition, since you want us all to do impressions and something else that takes more work?

I'm guessing predictions along with it?

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania

Okay, so my work schedule is as follows for this week:

Off Monday and Tuesday, work 12 hours on Wednesday and Thursday, then off Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

But because it's a 12 hour, 3rd shift job the next week I work:

Monday and Tuesday, then I'm off Wednesday and Thursday... then I work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The hours alternate like that each week. One short, one long. Meaning I just got off of work 2 hours and 20 minutes ago from a 12 hour shift. So after some sleep I can be on to start working on some stuff.

But I want some things squared away first. How many paragraphs should I make my impressions portion, since we're all giving impressions? And second, what else should I pick up in addition, since you want us all to do impressions and something else that takes more work?

I'm guessing predictions along with it?
Yup...you chose predictions first, so that's your part...

Impressions should be one paragraph...we will put each impression under spoiler tag, so it won't occupy much space, so you can make it a longer paragraph if you want to.

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

I give up on understanding how you guys plan to pull this off. Let's just see how it all turns out.

On a more brighter note, I asked [USER]gintara[/USER] to make a Naruto banner for us. Hope she'll make it in time before the 579 deadline.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania

I give up on understanding how you guys plan to pull this off. Let's just see how it all turns out.
Well it's not hard...we have 5 major parts of the analysis...

1. The summary was done by me(which will be edited after I get KiSwordsman's and jdw's part)
2. KiSwordsman is doing characters
3. Jdw is with the plot
4. I talked with Googz about the art, but he said he was busy, but he might cook up something...
5. And the last remained for Delbi, who is also busy

Each of us will write their impressions in the end, like we did the P.S. part of this review

And then ninjabot comes with some predictions...

I will wrap it up with credits and good byes...

It's pretty much like we did the Fairy Tail review...there were 3 of us, so we were perfect to do 3 parts(1 part each)...the reason why it worked well, is because we had clear limitations of what we wrote...I didn't do analysis there, just predictions and so on...in this review we have greater numbers so the tasks need to be set more clearly, so that we do not overlap with what each other is supposed to do...
On a more brighter note, I asked [USER]gintara[/USER] to make a Naruto banner for us. Hope she'll make it in time before the 579 deadline.
Oh thanks...I was going to ask about that, because I think after we are done with the writing part we will need to take care of the visuals(which panels to edit, banner etc...)

Delbi

Reaction score
Country
Joker

Alright I'll have the action section and my impressions done sometime Friday afternoon.

Just a quick suggestion/question. Should we rotate week to week who does what section? Or will certain people do a certain section every week?

I ask this because if we switch week to week it will keep each section fresh, but if we each do the same section every week it will keep continuity. Each option of course has its pros and cons in terms of the quality of the review and I feel confident we all can handle every section except Art which I think should always fall to Googlez if he is willing of course.

If we do decide to each stick with a section, my first choice would be Characters. But since KiSwordsman got it first I would assume he has first dibs.

Last edited:

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania

Alright I'll have the action section and my impressions done sometime Friday afternoon.

Just a quick suggestion/question. Should we rotate week to week who does what section? Or will certain people do a certain section every week?

I ask this because if we switch week to week it will keep each section fresh, but if we each do the same section every week it will keep continuity. Each option of course has its pros and cons in terms of the quality of the review and I feel confident we all can handle every section except Art which I think should always fall to Googlez if he is willing of course.
Awesome...thanks...Friday will be perfect...\o/

About that...I was going to ask that after we finished this one....originally this was supposed to be a test run, so I figured that we could do the same format next week as well....but if we will finish in time, then we could rotate next week, or maybe do a rotation every 2 weeks, or every 2 reviews...

I don't know really, I'm okay with any section(including art), but maybe others have preferences...for example jdw chose between plot and characters this week, so maybe that is what he likes to write about...

I think we should see if anyone has certain preferences...if someone does have, then that person will stick to what he likes, and the rest of us might do a rotation...

Delbi

Reaction score
Country
Joker

Ok sounds good to me.

Also, quick question. What site uses the best translations with scans? I've been using mangareader since they are usually quick to get the chapters out but their translations aren't that great. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania

Ok sounds good to me.

Also, quick question. What site uses the best translations with scans? I've been using mangareader since they are usually quick to get the chapters out but their translations aren't that great. Any suggestions?
I have absolutely no idea...ashher posted a link in the discussion thread a while ago...dragon fly scans or something? I think...I will check their scan out, because the MR version this week was :s

Delbi

Reaction score
Country
Joker

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/90703/n...578_by_jeziriz High quality translation of the chapter. The art work isn't as perfect but still good enough, andthe dialogue is much much better than mangareader.

---------- Post added March 16, 2012 at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was March 15, 2012 at 10:14 PM ----------

Ok so here's my section on the action. I'll have to get my person impressions to you later in the day.

The action in this chapter was rather slow with a few high points. With so much talking surrounding the Uchiha Brothers and Kabuto, there was little room for any action from them aside from some shuriken tossing . As for the Kages, they really haven't shown us much we haven't already seen, however Madara has brought out another jutsu that might bring the Kages near death.

We'll start out with the first exchange between Tsuande and Madara.

Tsuande's Byakugō no Jutsu (Strength of a Hundred) is essentially an extension of her Sōzō Saisei (Creation Rebirth) without handseals. Essentially, Tsuande has re-created Hashirama's ability to heal the body without handseals. This in of itself is an incredible feat, and combined with her incredible chakra enhanced strength Tsuande is high near invincible in close range combat.

Saying this, I can't think anyone can say they are surprised she lived through her stabbing by Madara's Sussano, which by the way is still not being evolved to it's final stage (more or on that in a second). What was surprising and very bad ass was the fact that Tsuande pulled the sword from her chest and attempted to strike Madara with it. Granted, this only got her pummeled into the ground (with no damage mind you thanks to her Byakugō no Jutsu) but it just goes to show her ability to get in their and do the dirty work for the Kages (something the Raikage should be doing as well). Tsuande is often hated on for not being "as powerful" as other ninja, but there are few ninja who are capable of doing what she is doing at this juncture.

As for Madara in this little exchange, we see him utilize Sussano for both offensive and defensive purposes, which is nothing new. But strangely, his Sussano is not evolving to it's final form like Sasuke and Itachi's are capable of. Some possible explanations for this are.

1) Madara isn't capable of doing so, because he lacks the skill (highly unlikely)
2) Madara doesn't deem it necessary since he is immortal (most likely)
3) Madara doesn't want to waste his chakra (*See end note).

Onoki is doing his best Goku impression with his Kamahama Jinton: Genkai Hakuri no Jutsu (Dust Release: Detachment of the Primitive World). But sadly, this awesome jutsu is useless, just like all ninjutsu in the eye of the Rinnegan. Madara easily uses his Hungry Ghost Path powers to absorb it, mentioning that he only "allowed" Onoki to hit him before in order for the Kages to see Hashirama's face.

Now, up until this point in the whole Five Kage vs. Madara fight, Madara has pressed the Kages with individual jutsu that are by all means trump cards, and the Kages of somehow managed to survive (mostly thanks to Onoki). He has yet to truly press them continually, but that has all just changed.

Taju Mokuton Bushin no Jutsu! (Multiple Wood Clone Technique) may just be the end of the Kages. Fighting one Madara has proved difficult enough, but now each Kage is individually outnumbered 5 to 1. By all means, just by using his unbelievable fighting skill and speed, these clones of Madara should be able to over-take the Kages and kill all of them. Nevermind the fact that he mocks the Kages by mentioning that each of these clones is fully capable of using Sussano. This is the most overkill and helpless situation I have ever seen in the manga. Even though these are the Five Kage, Madara is EASILY the single most powerful ninja we have witnessed in this manga. With each clone fully capable of doing all Madara can, the outlook is grim.

Moving on to The Uchiha Brothers vs. Kabuto, we have very little physical action. However, Itachi has said he will use his Tsukuyomi Genjutsu to control Kabuto and stop Edo Tensei....

That is all fine and dandy, but it will never work. Kabuto is everything Orochimaru is not, he has surpassed his master in every way possible, and that should include his defense against genjutsu, specifically that of the Sharigan. Itachi's genjutsu will likely fail, as to how that will happen, there is little information we can use to speculate. But...it could have something to do with the with the White Snake transformation Kabuto has undergone. Perhaps the snakes act like a cooperating Biju, as an instant counter to all genjutsu (so long as they know it is happening). Or, perhaps Kabuto has somehow re-created Orochimaru inter-dimensional soul transfer jutsu and when Itachi invades his mind with Tsukuyomi, he'll become trapped, meaning Sasuke would be all alone.

In the coming chapters though, prepare to see a vintage Sasuke (No MS, aside from Sussano maybe) vs. Kabuto. I feel as if Itachi won't be doing much fighting, leaving Sasuke to break Kabuto down with his amazing and wide array of skills since he can't outright kill Kabuto.

Also prepare to see the Kages get smacked around. They had the right strategy to press Madara into a corner and try and have Gaara seal him, but all may be lost right now. Their best bet is for Onoki and Gaara to help everyone take to the sky where Madara can't get them (hopefully) and work from their.

Final Verdict: This was a build up chapter action wise, but none the less Madara's WTF moment of creating Wood Clones was enough for me to give this chapter an average 3/5 in the action Dept.

Notes:

*Edo Tensei should not allow for ninja to become fatigued. People have the misconception that Muu and the Second Mizukage ran out of gas, this isn't the case.

Muu: Used his Splitting technique which cut his soul in half. By doing so he lost the use of Jinton because he lacked the required parts of his soul to preform it. This had nothing to do with stamina, but with the jutsu he used.

Mizukage: Mizukage hails from the same clan that Suigetsu and Mugetsu hail from. Meaning, he gets dehydrated like they do. Edo Tensei brings ninja back the way they are when they died, but it also bring them back with all their imperfections. Hence why Nagato was still crippled, Hanzo was still able to be affected by his own poison without his mask, and while the Mizukage became dehydrated due to his pre-existing physical condition. His stamina was still unlimited, but the type of body he had due to his genetics made him look fatigued because he was dehydrated.

Some may point out that Kimimaro and Itachi were unaffected by their physical aliments when brought back. True, but then again Kabuto could have altered them like he did Madara. Or, since their sicknesses fatigued them (they literally overexerted themselves and died) it would seem that in their case Edo Tensei overrides their disease since they can't die from fatigue any longer being immortal. As for Itachi's eyesight, perhaps being dead restored the eyes power, afterall if his eyes were useless Sasuke should be blind right now.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

If it's too long just tell me and and I'll shorten it, or you guys can shorten it how you please so it better fits the format.

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Re: Joint Naruto review: The Weakness of Despair

Gintara's banner.

KiSwordsman

Reaction score
Country
United States

Sent my part in a pm to alpha and bene

jdw

Reaction score
Country
United States

My bad guys on lateness, I will have to send in mine later today (PM) :(

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania

My bad guys on lateness, I will have to send in mine later today (PM) :(
No problem...you can post it in here as well though...

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

You know, this might be just a test run, but from the looks of it, we'll have a real JR at the end of this "test run". In other words, a final product, that can even be published in the naruto review section. Or am I getting something wrong here? :ninja

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States

Impressions

I thought that the chapter was all in all pretty average, due in no small part to it's predictable nature. Madara continues to drive the 5 Kage to the brink of despair with new, more terrifying Mokuton, much to the dismay of many a reader (to be the pinnacle of Uchiha strength, he's sure not relying on many Uchiha techniques). Kishimoto has convinced us that Kabuto has some kind of plan to stand up to two Mangekyou Sharingan wielders which could lead to an impressive fight; something we've all been wanting to see from Kabuto since he revealed himself as a major player in this war. Edo Tensei was indeed impressive, but nobody likes a one-trick pony.

Though the chapter itself didn't do much outside of foreshadowing Itachi's demise via Kabuto's calm facade and the dying crow at the beginning of the chapter, it did set things up for a fight that has the potential to end the Edo Tensei fiasco (which honestly isn't that bad, considering almost all the Edo Tensei ninja are sealed away by this point), making it an important battle.

Sasuke's behavior was refreshing this chapter. This was the first time in Part 2 that someone has attempted to manipulate his mind for the sake of their own gain, only for him to overcome it. Infact he seemed to have shed his holier-than-thou attitude for the most part, if only for this chapter. He seemed to be earnestly concerned with getting answers from his brother rather than killing Kabuto. Whether his emotions get the better of him and he kills him in a rage induced stupor, or we get a heart-to-heart with the brothers soon should change Sasuke's outlook.

His brother however was all fanservice this chapter. Which was good, as that's the sole purpose of Edo Tensei in the first place. To bring back familiar faces for us to fawn over. Many a reader got excited by him proclaiming that all jutsu have a weakness, and that he was Edo Tensei's weakness and for good reason. Itachi is revered as a calm, analytical, strategic genius type of fighter by fans and characters alike, so when he claims he'll find a weakness, we believe it. Infact if he wasn't obligated to lose due to plot necessity there likely would be no question as to how he manages to stop Edo Tensei (especially considering his proficiency with Genjutsu).

Which brings me to my impression of Kabuto's performance in the chapter: I'm not sold yet. His chuckling and cool, collected demeanor has many a reader believing he's in his comfort zone; that he's perfectly prepared to make light of two Mangekyou Sharingan (one if which being wielded by an immortal). We are to believe that Kabuto is strong enough to defeat both Sasuke and Itachi, but this flies in the face of previously displayed feats by all three of these ninja. It's not farfetched to assume that Kabuto is simply putting on a front and actually isn't capable of any genuine threat here. He could very well have some anti-Genjutsu abilities or failsafe installed into Itachi's body to prevent him from attacking him, but I don't expect any direct hand to hand confrontation or clash of powerful techniques.

I get the impression that he is only giddy about the upcoming scuffle between he and the Uchiha brothers because of some secret that he expects to give him an edge. Yes, trickery and sleight of hand will be the name of the game in the upcoming fight. Which is fine, considering those are the best types of battles in Naruto. It will be a refreshing detour from meteors, giant energy beams ala Kamehameha, and battlefield-razing wood release jutsu.

Speaking of wood jutsu, Madara, despite the boring nature of the fight with the 5 Kage, still continues to dominate with his Mokuton usage which, once again, is getting old. Kishimoto wants to drive home the sense of despair by putting the 5 Kage in a situation they seemingly can't overcome, even with the inherited Will of Fire. While doing so, he continues to play up Hashirama Senju's strength by only showing us more Mokuton. Which in theory isn't bad... it's just too much. He has solidified Madara in our minds as the Big Bad, the guy you do not want to cross. He's solidified Hashirama as the strongest ninja for generations; someone to be feared. Now it's time to show us why the current Kage are the leaders of their respective villages. Turning the supposed strongest ninja in the world into fodder leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and the fact that we've all come to expect no casualties in this war makes the jobbing they're getting from Madara seem even less important. We don't need to see Madara thrash them anymore. We need to see the Kage's do something, or at the very least get some sort of revelation about Madara's past during the fight.

Predictions

I'm of the opinion that the next chapter will focus mainly on Itachi and Sasuke again, as Itachi has already activated his Mangekyou Sharingan, and Kabuto has begun summoning snakes, signifying the start of the fight. The fight is underway, so even if it cuts back to Madara vs. the 5 Kage we'll atleast see the beginning of the battle. I expect Kabuto to continue trying to drive a wedge between the two brothers, resulting in conflicted emotions from Sasuke that may force him to turn on his brother. Afterall, Edo Tensei is all that's keeping Itachi's undead body alive. The cancellation of the jutsu should result in his death, meaning he is lying to Sasuke about talking to him to recieve his aid. For Itachi to betray Sasuke again despite all that's happened would be the finisher; the event that pushes him so far that the small bit of restraint he's shown thus far is thrown out the window.

I don't expect to see Naruto vs. Tobi yet, as it's easily the most important fight of the three going on right now, and needs to be focused on without jumping back and forth. Still, Edo Tensei can't be negated too quickly, as Tobi and Kabuto are in a rough situation as it is already, and losing Edo Madara will be the killing blow that leaves Tobi and Kabuto with no real military strength. I doubt we'll see Kabuto's trump card just yet though.

That's all I got so far. So... yeah. Trying to think of some padding to lengthen it.

EDIT: Oh. Now it looks longer than it did in wordpad, lol.

KiSwordsman

Reaction score
Country
United States

You know, this might be just a test run, but from the looks of it, we'll have a real JR at the end of this "test run". In other words, a final product, that can even be published in the naruto review section. Or am I getting something wrong here? :ninja
So if everything is in order and everyone is cool with it, why don't we publish it?

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States

I can't for the life of me think of anything else to add in predictions. I hope that's not what we're waiting on. If so, my bad, lol.

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

If jdw finished his part (and send it to bene, cause I didn't receive anything), then I think we could drop the the art corner, and all that's left would be bene's intro + small summary. If that's the case then I we're gonna post this review once bene posts the whole thing into the OP.

EDIT: No wait, we still have the impressions. Bene, how does the scoring system work. Is it on a 1-5 scale? 1-10? 0-1? :shifty

Status
Not open for further replies.