Voting Round 3 - Naruto vs. Berserk | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 3 Naruto vs. Berserk

Who wins?

• Naruto

• Berserk

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda

Naruto
Masashi Kishimoto
-

Berserk
Kentaro Miura

Rules
- You are allowed to vote for one Manga
- After 5 days, the Manga with the most votes will proceed into the next round
- In case of a tie, a staff pick will break it

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
It's definitely gotta be Berserk here for me once more,while i do hold Naruto in a somewhat high Regard when it comes to good Shonen it hardly holds a Candle to Berserk in terms of writing,Character Development and Lore in my Humble Opinion,And not just because i nominated it.
Then again a Comparison between Shonen and Seinen is just ridiculous,both focus on different Target Groups,age-wise and hence lay more focus on certain Aspects of their Storywriting and how much focus their Characters get.:teach
Naruto is a good Shonen and i was a big fan of it back when it was still running,and i still have some fond Memories of it and its Characters as well as their Moments but its drawing the Short Straw here for me,sorry about that.:hi

Berserk gets my Vote.:verily

The President

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Do like Naruto a fair bit, but Berserk is.......Berserk. I've said all I really need to say at this point.

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Berserk, not surprisingly wins my vote easily. Naruto, as I have said in the previous round, deserves some recognition for what it meant to the Shonen/Manga medium. However, I feel like Berserk is simply a one of a kind work. There are very few authors that have the courage to do some of the things Miura does in their manga. Now that may be for the best for some, as Berserk is not a series to be taken lightly themes/content wise, but for those that enjoy the style and messages he does convey, there are few that do it as well/better.

Whether it be about humanities fundamental good vs evil qualities, Isolation, or how we as people often feel the need to believe/worship in something bigger than ourselves, Berserk has it all covered. This is what I love about Berserk, how behind all the demon slaying and badassery from Guts and others, the series feels very human with what it wants to tell its reader.

Art wise the series is among the very best in a manga, and like Vagabond probably deserves its own gallery itself. There are so many panels I could pick to showcase this that it becomes difficult to choose really, so I shall just post a few noteworthy ones for people who don't mind minor spoilers lol.

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
...... I have no words. The very vote says all I feel the need to say.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
A good manga that ended badly versus a good manga that never ended(and will never end).

No idea what to do with this one. I'll wait to see the campaigns.

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
A good manga that ended badly versus a good manga that never ended(and will never end).

Berserk has better art and main character so.........

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Berserk has better art and main character so.........
Sure. Now it does.

There was point though where Naruto's characters actually seemed like they were amazing. It wasn't until a bit before the beginning of the war arc that it became apparent that Kishi had made the manga more about Uchiha stuff than Naruto. And it deserves every bit of flack it gets for that, IMO.

Berserk though is frozen in time. It is laying in the literary equivalent of a coma. What's there was good but there is not enough there for me to automatically say it's better than something like Naruto that actually finished(even terribly). Because is finishing in last place worse than never finishing a race at all? I'm highly displeased by how Naruto ended it's run but I'm increasingly indifferent about Berserk and I think that might be worse.

And can you blame me? Berserk started when I was 6 years old. I'm 34 now. I remember waiting months and getting a chapter that was like 15 pages long. Patience has it's limits and that exceeds mine.

------------------------------------------------

That's why this is going to be a tough vote to cast. I view both as series with big flaws. Just different flaws.

The President

Reaction score
Country
Canada

You like pairings right?

This should satisfy your needs.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
You like pairings right?

This should satisfy your needs.
Your head was in the right place @The President but you just made a huge mistake.

I'm a hardcore Guts X Farnese shipper! How dare you sully my eyes with Guts X Casca and Serpico X Farnese artwork! I'm now leaning Naruto...heavily.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
This isn't a fair fight, I am voting Guts Manga until there is something worth fighting for.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Voted for Naruto, but RIP Naruto

The President

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm a hardcore Guts X Farnese shipper! How dare you sully my eyes with Guts X Casca and Serpico X Farnese artwork! I'm now leaning Naruto...heavily.
Dont do it fam, you know you dont want too.
those last two are not a acceptable pair.
Thats why they were separated from the two above :hi

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
What?? Another Quality vs Quantity fight?
Just like last time, Quality wins!

Sorry Naruto.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Going with Berserk here.

In every category Berserk is better than Naruto.

And I am pretty pissed against Naruto for defeating Tokyo Ghoul.

Status
Not open for further replies.