Discussion - New Quirks | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion New Quirks

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Yeah, of course scientifically speaking all of this is utter nonsense. It’s just the way that I’ve understood what Hori means when he says stockpiling power.

Cool, I was just trying to point out that I don’t think that the original tweeter was trying to to imply that any of the previous users had super strength I depended of OFA stockpiling power in his original argument.
Ah, ok, I misunderstood your post. Yeah, the original poster probably didn't mean to imply any specific power. I was commenting on super strength because most of the proposed heroes for inspiration to OFA and previous users seemed to have it. And otherwise have a generic set of remarkably similar powers. So it seemed likely that if the author was inspire by those, he'd have to select one power from each one's list... And one way or the other, super strength is in that list. But that remains a weird pick for OFA.

TommyBoy

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Each of the users fighting style would be a combination of there quirk and ofa, nana could of fought similarly to gran torino.
What I notice is that hori maybe creating quirks based of the fighting styles of famous heroes rather than copying and pasting their superpowers in his manga. Captain America is famous for fighting with a shield, crust quirk may have been inspired by that information.

I still believe that the quirks of ofa users will be based around famous heroes. We known that they're weak quirks so I was thinking for wolervine it will be a bone based quirk. Wolverine is famous for having a indestructible skeleton, so I was thinking about a quirk that makes deku skeleton thicker and heavier by using calcium.

I like daredevil he the only comic super hero I read. Super senses by improving 1 while weaking the other could be a quirk, but what a lot people don't know is that daredevil has a six sense call his radar sense which is what he uses to see. I was thinking a quirk that allows deku to see soundwaves, he could train it by learning echolocation to give him better reflexes like sipderman and daredevil. He would also be able to see through walls like with x ray vision

I think deku will get a quirk that counters shigarkai decay but since we don't know what decay is weak against we have to wait and see

Rizaadxn

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All I know is that I think those two vestiges are Bakugo and Kirishima, and that at some point in the story Deku gets the Explosion and Hardening quirks ://

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
A hardening quirk would be insanely good, if not op, on deku.... OFA powered hardening... deku would be basically a walking lump of adamantium.

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
A hardening quirk would be insanely good, if not op, on deku.... OFA powered hardening... deku would be basically a walking lump of adamantium.
Poor Kirishima and Tetsux4....

Pr0teu5

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Right. I don’t know if I buy the Bakugo/Kirishima time travel theory, but this would be crazy.

That’s why if the theory about one of the user’s being based on Wolverine would be crazy.

Imagine Deku with strengthen bones, and regeneration. That would immediately mean that he is able to use 100% of OFA with no consequences.

Rizaadxn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To beat someone as powerful as Shigaraki with all the quirks he has, that's basically what Deku is gonna have to be.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Right. I don’t know if I buy the Bakugo/Kirishima time travel theory, but this would be crazy.

That’s why if the theory about one of the user’s being based on Wolverine would be crazy.

Imagine Deku with strengthen bones, and regeneration. That would immediately mean that he is able to use 100% of OFA with no consequences.
If it was based on wolverine then the power would be super regeneration, not super bones. wolverine is known for his metal skeletal structure but its technically an independent thing from his actual mutant power. And... I am not sure if metal bones would do all that much for deku if he already has the super endurance OFA allows. i suppose his city exploding punches would be a tad stronger if his skeleton weights twice or thrice what it already does? Also, one quirk giving him regeneration AND metal/hardened bones would be weird. it'd have to be a double quirk or a single quirk which produces both effects. One of the users having a double quirk would be cheating IMO.

Also, if current deku had both... I suppose he wouldn't break his bones at 100% BUT his muscles would still explode... So he'd need his regeneration to keep up with the damage. Deku would be able to go further but how much really depends I suppose.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

To beat someone as powerful as Shigaraki with all the quirks he has, that's basically what Deku is gonna have to be.
Agreed, though I'd guess that being absurdly hard wouldn't exactly protect deku from decay. That said, one of the quirks deku doesn't know about is bound to provide deku with the means to US of S shiagaraki. The convenience is very hero like. Otherwise a fight between them would happen at a range with deku trying to snipe shigaraki with laser eyes or something...

Rizaadxn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If it was based on wolverine then the power would be super regeneration, not super bones. wolverine is known for his metal skeletal structure but its technically an independent thing from his actual mutant power. And... I am not sure if metal bones would do all that much for deku if he already has the super endurance OFA allows. i suppose his city exploding punches would be a tad stronger if his skeleton weights twice or thrice what it already does? Also, one quirk giving him regeneration AND metal/hardened bones would be weird. it'd have to be a double quirk or a single quirk which produces both effects. One of the users having a double quirk would be cheating IMO.

Also, if current deku had both... I suppose he wouldn't break his bones at 100% BUT his muscles would still explode... So he'd need his regeneration to keep up with the damage. Deku would be able to go further but how much really depends I suppose.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Agreed, though I'd guess that being absurdly hard wouldn't exactly protect deku from decay. That said, one of the quirks deku doesn't know about is bound to provide deku with the means to US of S shiagaraki. The convenience is very hero like. Otherwise a fight between them would happen at a range with deku trying to snipe shigaraki with laser eyes or something...
Even ignoring Decay, it's likely Shigaraki will pick up other powerful offensive abilities that can be used at range since Deku already has his counter to the large Decay wave attacks via float once that activates. Let's just say Shigaraki did take Endeavor's quirk and keeps it, a supercharged OFA Hardening is likely something that would be needed to fight against him.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Even ignoring Decay, it's likely Shigaraki will pick up other powerful offensive abilities that can be used at range since Deku already has his counter to the large Decay wave attacks via float once that activates. Let's just say Shigaraki did take Endeavor's quirk and keeps it, a supercharged OFA Hardening is likely something that would be needed to fight against him.
TBH I think the enhanced durability provided by OFA is already to enough to handle that. Allmight was extraordinarily resistant to damage after all. Though I don't think physical endurance is enough to even slightly counter decay and deku will very likely need to punch shigaraki at some point. I also wonder how black whip would fare against decay. Decay did work against redestro's projected stress energy but its not necessarily the case that all types of energy are affected by decay.