Request - New Section Suggestion Thread | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Request New Section Suggestion Thread

Zangetsugetsu

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I would like to suggest a forum made for the manga "Feng Shen Ji" (The Chronicle of the God's Order; The Legend and the Hero) by Zheng Jian He

Genre: Action, Fantasy, Historical, Martial Arts, Seinen

Status: Ongoing - Currently 25 chapters released and translated

Please consider this manga as a worthy addition to your forum collection.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Comics are only given subforums based on activity. There must be enough discussion, and varied, that a single thread is no longer adequate. While I have no doubt that Feng Shen Ji is a good series, the thread currently has not generated anywhere near the amount of discussion needed to necessitate expanding to a subforum.

Zangetsugetsu

Reaction score
Country
United States
I didn't even know there was a thread on it. That is sufficient. Thank you.

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
One thing exciting about reading is sharing your impressions about what you read.

In my case, that explains why my experiences on reading comics changes depending on how much I'm able to share what I read. Not that I don't enjoy a good comic if I have none to talk about it, but the experience is different, and even if it is a crazy well written and drawn comic that I enjoyed so much, if I could share my impressions with someone else, it would be even better.

So, I have many people to share if it's One Piece, but almost none if it is Shin Angio Onshi, which is, IMO, at the level of the bests.

It would be nice if we could have here a section to create groups or readers of old and good comics already completed, so that in that section the readers could share their impressions from the reading in a dynamic similar to the on-going comics. Let me clear a bit what I'm talking about.

Let's take Shin Angio Onshi. The following advertisement could be posted somewhere:

Shin Angio Onshi
Collective reading to start on next March 1​

We are recruiting readers until next March 1
Schedule of the reading:
  • March 7 - up to chapter 12
  • March 14 - up to chapter 20
  • March 21 - up to chapter 35

April 13 - up to the last chapter

Here you can find some information about this comic, so that you could have an overview of it, without any spoiling information about it:
Where to read: www.xxxxxxxx
General Data of the comic...
Some short review or abstract about it

If you join us, in this thread you will be able to share comments about this fantastic manhwa, every week
As a reader, you will have to keep this rules:

1. Not to spoil any of the future chapters to read by the group, in any moment.
2. .... (the other rules required...)

The moderator of this reading will be xxxx. Contact him for more info about it
The chapters to read in a week could change depending on the story moments, and could be established by people who knows well the comic, and in order to provide the best week-breaks possible, so that the readers could share their impressions in those moments.

The moderators of MH would be able to propose comics for the section, and would be able to moderate the recommended comic if it's decided to begin the reading of that comic.

One last thing about this section: many 'new' manga readers don't know or haven’t read some of the good old ones. And there are many good old ones. So that section would be like a connection between that group of people and this group of mangas. That would take the traditional recommendations threads one step forward...

I would like to say that it doesn't matter if people want to read beyond the chapter established for a certain week. No matter what, in the discussion thread only comments about those chapters will be allowed. So, if the people want to read strictly as it is established in the schedule, the discussion section would work also for them.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
Reaction score
Country
Norway
You can go ahead and start the project on your own. It doesn't need moderator approval, nor a moderator to be its driving force. It's too early to start a debate whether such project deserves its own forum, so for now you can make a thread for it in the Otaku Finder.

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Thanks for your answer. I was waiting for it. Unfortunately a moderator is required, since the project needs to guarantee that no comments about future chapters, in a concrete moment, will be allowed: if, in the second week, people is discussing chapters 20 to 30, that nobody is going to post comments spoiling chapter 30+.

Last edited:

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Thanks for your answer. I was waiting for it. Unfortunately a moderator is required, since the project needs to guarantee that no comments about future chapters, in a concrete moment, will be allowed: if, in the second week, people is discussing chapters 20 to 30, that nobody is going to post comments spoiling chapter 30+.
Moderators of the forum (including administrators) check all forums everyday. Even though we may not participate directly in the project, we still check around in general. In addition, all members have report button to use; if you find posts which can spoil other readers, you can use it to contact the moderators. You can also encourage the usage of spoiler tags at the first post of the thread, or remind them to discuss further chapters in series-specific threads.

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
I want to tell you about the collective reading project. As you suggested we start a thread some weeks ago for nomination and voting some classic comics to read collectively. Afther the votation, we began and finished the reading of Planetes by Makoto Yukimura, (here the thread for that reading) and now we are reading Nausicaä from the great Miyazaki (here the thread for that reading).

We have discovered some few things. First, schedule are not necessary; with spoiler tags and clear rules the collective reading can find its way without spoiling events (as it was suggested by phio_chan), and giving to each of the participants the freedom to chose the pace of his/her preference. Second, moderators seem to be not necessary; at the moment we haven't required any mod's intervention, and if it happens, probably the report button and your permanent revision could solve

At this moment I have edited the first post of the original thread of the Collective reading project, to make of it a permanent thread were to find people to read old good comics. Personally I think it's an interesting initiative. But it requires of some advertisement to become more popular among the members of the site. At least half of the participants are members I use to talk to in the sections I use to visit. There are also some participants I just meet in the threads of the project. I suppose if you guys give a hand to this initiative by making it wildly known the initiative could become in an interesting new section for the whole site. I would appreciate to know your thoughts about it.

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Classic Manga/Anime Thread.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
You don't need permission to start a thread. Otaku Cafe is the appropriate forum.

Faust

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
My mistake:
I meant Classic Manga/Anime Section.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Classic manga does not need it's own forum.

llamapie

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
One-Punch Man forums?

Just a suggestion from a long time member. Most enthusiasts have likely at the very least heard of One Punch Man already. It's growing rapidly in popularity with the anime release as well and it's overall a pretty entertaining piece so far.

So I guess it would be sweet if we could get a section for it!

Dranzer

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I just wanted to suggest Platinum END to get its own sub-forum because its popularity is growing and because it's being made by the authors of Death Note and Bakuman many people have high hopes for it.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I just wanted to suggest Platinum END to get its own sub-forum because its popularity is growing and because it's being made by the authors of Death Note and Bakuman many people have high hopes for it.
It's a definitely a possibility when a series is made by Ohba and Obata, but as there's a only a few chapters out so far, it's pretty unlikely that there's much to discuss that can't be discussed in a single thread. For now, anyways.

Dranzer

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
It's a definitely a possibility when a series is made by Ohba and Obata, but as there's a only a few chapters out so far, it's pretty unlikely that there's much to discuss that can't be discussed in a single thread. For now, anyways.
Yeah I was just thinking when the story has begun to develop and you know when 'the plot thickens'.

ajc46

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'd like to suggest a Kingdom forum. I'm not really sure how popular it is among other users here so might be pointless, but it has a few things going for it. It's up to 460+ chapters at the moment. It's more of a military kind of style manga but many of the characters (of which there are plenty) who have their own strengths/techniques. Could make for some interesting matchup discussions.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I'd like to suggest a Kingdom forum. I'm not really sure how popular it is among other users here so might be pointless, but it has a few things going for it. It's up to 460+ chapters at the moment. It's more of a military kind of style manga but many of the characters (of which there are plenty) who have their own strengths/techniques. Could make for some interesting matchup discussions.
We had a Kingdom forum but we closed it last year. It never had much traffic and discussion was never enough to where a single series thread couldn't suffice, unfortunately.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'd like to suggest a Noragami Subforum. It wouldn't be too insane to manage as it's a monthly release with a reasonable sized fanbase. If not that then definitely a OPM Subforum. It already has a big fanbase and I just love the manga :D

Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'd like to suggest a Noragami Subforum. It wouldn't be too insane to manage as it's a monthly release with a reasonable sized fanbase. If not that then definitely a OPM Subforum. It already has a big fanbase and I just love the manga :D
Series receive subforums based on activity levels. The OPM thread is largely inactive with only a few comments every time a chapter is released (and the releases are irregular at that with oftentimes less pages than your regular weekly series). Noragami doesn't even have a series thread from what I can tell. So basically it's not going to happen unless the quantity of constructive posts increases drastically.