Info - Official Fanbook Volume 10.5 | Page 26 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Info Official Fanbook Volume 10.5

Awennor

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Shiraishi and Akaya doubles, Shiraishi side
By taking off the weight, all of his abilities greatly go up! His conversational skills to control other people have also been improved!

Both speed and power go up once he takes off the weight: After two years, he takes off the golden weight he had hidden in his arm! His movements get better and his heart also has some weight taken off. He is able to play with a smile!

A brain to cleverly control his partner!: a vision to be able to see how to sharpen his partner's individuality and the ability to find the perfect reaction to the current situation. A bright brain used in an astute way!

Movements with little waste: His movements were already little-waste, but they've become even more efficient. Using the smallest possible distance to enter in the zone where the ball will fall and then using the most effective shot at the moment to decide the match.

-----------------------------

I'll translate the extra notes later.
The golden arm portion strongly points at "temporary" bonuses (assuming he puts the golden gauntlet back on, does he?).
Anyways, I'm a strong believer that the power up points are related to the text material. If the text material points at temporary bonuses, then it's temporary bonuses. Or not. Who knows.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The golden arm portion strongly points at "temporary" bonuses (assuming he puts the golden gauntlet back on, does he?).
Well, obviously not during the match itself, but I'm rather certain he's wearing it right now.

Gonna try to match things once the extra notes are up too.

Awennor

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Shiraishi Kirihara doubles

Extra Notes:
By praising Kirihara's hairstyle as an equal, he connects to Kirihara's human nature.
Below his white bandage, what was hidden was a golden gauntlet! The serve he shots out after taking it out is way faster!
The spin amount of his entaku shot has also been greatly increased through the training in the camp.

---------- Post added at 04:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 AM ----------

Tezuka VS Yamato 6-3

After freeing himself from the shackles that were imprisoning him, his abilities cannot be measured!

His body suffers great burdens in order to hit his amazing techniques
Tezuka's technique is already in "top pro level"! But since his body cannot keep up with his techniques, he often gets injured.

Lacks flexibility in all aspects
Has low flexibility, therefore his expression is hard. He also gets caught up in the concept of his existence (TN: What the hell does this mean...?) What he needs is a playful heart...!?

The heart that can enjoy tennis releases the limiter!
The baggage he was carrying from Yamato's words, Seigaku's former captain, disappears. When he gets back a heart that can enjoy tennis, the infinite of possibilities releases a light!

Teni Muhou no Kiwami is written in a special white text on a black background.

Extra Notes:
* The powerful spins causes strain in his elbow
* The feeling of responsibility as a captain was a big weight in Tezuka's heart.
* The smile he shows is proof that he can enjoy tennis (TN: it points to an image... Where Tezuka isn't really smiling.
* The growth of the club members release Tezuka from his captain's responsabilities (points to Seigaku photo)
* My duty is over - when this feeling gets to his chest, it gets filled up with pleasure, Tezuka arrives at Tenimuhou no Kiwami.
* His expression outside of court and his human relationships are too tied up, so he is not good in dealing with the unexpected.

Last edited:

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Does it say anything about Yamato's old tech that got him injure?

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Does it say anything about Yamato's old tech that got him injure?
These are only about the middle schoolers. Later in the book there are general match reports, so there will be something about Yamato there probably. Doubt it'll say anything about that move though.

Awennor

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
This page is pretty much all Tezuka... I edited the rest of the info in.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
He also gets caught up in the concept of his existence (TN: What the hell does this mean...?)
Maybe that he thought too much about his role as pillar, so the feeling of having to uphold that role put a burden on him and restricted him.

Awennor

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Atobe Keigo VS Irie
Canceled Match (187-187)

Pride and sprouting hot feelings. When it becomes heavy, the door to an unknown kingdom opens!

A passion towards victory born from a promise (points to heart)
"I leave the team to you", those words from his sworn friend Tezuka. What made Atobe break through this beyond the limit battle was a promise to his friend.

His overall physical strength has gone up (points to right part of the chest)!
Atobe was the one who made the most physical progress by taking advantage of the training camp. His improved balance allows him to do aerial movements as if he stopped in mid air.

A new technique born from his insight going to the extreme (points to eye)
With his perfected insight, he can see the opponent's bones and find the "perfect dead angles".

Extra Notes
* He analyzes his opponnents movements in mid air and hits the Fugue Towards Despair
* His excellent obsevations skills allow him to see the movements of the opponent's skeletal structure and see the points to which the opponent is unable to react to.
* The promise moves his body and makes him fly to the ball without caring about his own body.
* Those who have had their perfect dead angles aimed for can do nothing but bow to the king.
* For the sake of victory, Atobe chooses a thorny path

TN: Very over the top language here, promises and sworn friends. Atobe and Tezuka played 1 match and exchanged maybe less than 15 words...

---------- Post added October 21, 2015 at 03:46 AM ---------- Previous post was October 19, 2015 at 12:42 AM ----------

Added the rest of the Atobe VS Irie information

---------- Post added October 22, 2015 at 07:27 AM ---------- Previous post was October 21, 2015 at 03:46 AM ----------

Tachibana and Chitose doubles

The two sworn friends from Shishigaku form a doubles pair and are able to draw out out the abilities of one another to the maximum.

Improved Muscular Strength allows him to complete his big technique
Before he could only perform the Wild Ball when he was using the Beastly Aura, but thanks to his improved muscles he can do it perfectly anytime.

Kamikakushi that can be hit in any shot
Before he could only hit the Kamikakushi as a forehand shot, but now that he has improved through the training camp, he can hit it as a backhand shot too.

Their chemical reaction breeds new possibilities
Through the training camp, they managed to speed up their combination play. The bestial-like synchro they showed towards the end of the match hides endless possibilities.

Extra Notes
* By hitting the ball with the frame, a irregular spin is applied to the ball, making it split in to multiple balls (TN: An image of the Wild Ball).
* By applying vertical spin to the ball, it quickly goes down very near the opponent, creating a illusion it had disappeared from this world, only to do a high jump later.
* The two who have been called Wings of Kyuushu have a telepathy-like combination play, so they have "synchro" developed a "beast-like synchro"!

Last edited:

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Maximum already? That's what I thought before as well. Some people were thinking Chitose and Tachibana doesn't pull out full doubles >.>

Awennor

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I have finished on those matches, then.

From page 96, it focuses on the HSs, talking about the earlier matches. It doesn't seem like there will be a lot of interesting stuff so I might skip over some stuff.

---------- Post added October 26, 2015 at 07:31 AM ---------- Previous post was October 24, 2015 at 04:55 AM ----------

EDIT: I'm sort of reading by and trusting my kanji sense without looking up every individual word that I'm unfamiliar with, so forgive me for any mistakes and do let me know if anything makes no sense with the manga.

Page 96 introduces the section, which is about the first day that the MSers came to the camp and states that the one of the objectives of putting MSers in the activities was to mess up with the pride of the HSers.

It then goes on to talk about the can dropping game, Kurobe then criticizes the HSers who did it.

On page 97 it's mainly talking about Ryoma VS Magnum Serve guy and Kurobe criticizing the Magnum serve guy for underestimating Ryoma.

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

On page 98 Kurobe says the matches for balls were within imagination (it was mainly against HSers from court 11 and weaker), but how it happened was a bit surprising. The high schoolers from court 5 and stronger, with Tokugawa on the front, scared off the middle schoolers without even playing. Kurobe wants to let those players interact with the MSers and see the chemical reactions that come out.

ChinkyCandie

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
That last post sounds interesting.

Awennor

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
That last post sounds interesting.
I don't think it means much and it was written during that time so it's not something that will happen in the future

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

From page 99, it starts talking about the second day after the MSers come. Page 99 talks about Momo VS Oni. Not much here. Saitou comments that Oni has managed to exceed Momoshiro in every regard, which has shaken the MSers spirit. At the same time, Momoshiro has created a violent reaction in Oni's heart. Everything is progressing according to plans, concludes Saitou.

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

Page 100 and 101 comments on Oni VS Kintaro and Echizen VS Tokugawa.
Mifune says that:

They are two idiots who cannot avoid getting in to a match when they see someone strong, but there is meaning in strengthening idiots. If they'll become the real thing or break instead is something he is looking forward to see.

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------

Next I'll skip over to page 115 to get the second look at the court changing match from the HSer perspective

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I like how Mifune has ulterior motives but its takes a genius to figure them out.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Before he could only perform the Wild Ball when he was using the Beastly Aura, but thanks to his improved muscles he can do it perfectly anytime.
I find this worth emphasizing. Judging by Tachibana's profile, the beast state is automatically incorporated into his Stamina, however the same doesn't seem to hold true for the other boosts it gives. Wonder why Konomi did it that way.

Also, I guess using Moujuu in doubles outside of Synchro is a bad idea, presumably for the same reasons as Muga.

* By hitting the ball with the frame, a irregular spin is applied to the ball, making it split in to multiple balls (TN: An image of the Wild Ball).
Can you double check the wording here? Do they talk about the ball splitting in the same sense as Oni's 10 Ball Strike? We haven't talked about this in a long time I believe, but maybe Abare Dama and/or Southern Cross are legit multi ball techniques after all.

Although I strongly believe Shiraishi's Entaku Shot isn't either way before anyone brings it up, that one I think just has a very quick circular motion. So there's an afterimage, but it's still only one ball.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Is Abare Dama legit? Yukimura do says there's only 1 ball and after he hit the ball back, the spliting effects disappear entirely. As for Oni, it never ever disappear even after Kintarou hit the last ball back.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Is Abare Dama legit? Yukimura do says there's only 1 ball and after he hit the ball back, the spliting effects disappear entirely. As for Oni, it never ever disappear even after Kintarou hit the last ball back.
Ryoma actually doesn't use Abare Dama against Yukimura in the manga, he only uses Entaku Shot (which Yukimura responds to just like that). The only time we've seen Abare Dama returned is when Ryoma used it against Kintarou, but back then Kintarou just hit all of them, so we don't know if that was actually necessary or if he could've just picked out the right one. Although it gets combined into one again there.

Also, about Oni vs Kintarou, the first time Kintarou returns it (where the net catches fire) it seems like the balls combined back into one and the same happened when Ryoga hit the glowing shot against Akutsu, so I don't know.

I previously assumed that Abare Dama was similar to Entaku Shot in that there's only one real ball and as long as you return that one you're good, but from the way it's worded in the fanbook there I'm not so sure anymore.

---------- Post added November 28, 2015 at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was November 15, 2015 at 12:57 PM ----------

Random piece of trivia: Sakata has a special move listed in his profile, but it literally just says "?".

Anera

Reaction score
Country
France
Random piece of trivia: Sakata has a special move listed in his profile, but it literally just says "?".
Maybe it's not interesting enough and Konomi didn't waste his time to give a name...

Or it's a powerful secret technique and we'll see Sakata come back wrapped with his full glory. :frankerz

Awennor

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I find this worth emphasizing. Judging by Tachibana's profile, the beast state is automatically incorporated into his Stamina, however the same doesn't seem to hold true for the other boosts it gives. Wonder why Konomi did it that way.

Also, I guess using Moujuu in doubles outside of Synchro is a bad idea, presumably for the same reasons as Muga.

Can you double check the wording here? Do they talk about the ball splitting in the same sense as Oni's 10 Ball Strike? We haven't talked about this in a long time I believe, but maybe Abare Dama and/or Southern Cross are legit multi ball techniques after all.

Although I strongly believe Shiraishi's Entaku Shot isn't either way before anyone brings it up, that one I think just has a very quick circular motion. So there's an afterimage, but it's still only one ball.
The word would be 分裂, so if you go just by the word it means an actual physical separation. It's even used in cell division. I highly doubt that means you need to return multiple balls though.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Big thanks to Utsune for taking some time out of his busy schedule and giving us a translation of Yagyuu's stats. Before anyone gets their hopes up though, this will be the only one.

Yagyuu Hiroshi
He keeps a cool, calm composure and exemplary behaviour, earning him the title 'Gentleman' along with respect from everyone else.

Speed - 2: He gives the impression of moving soundlessly within the court, arriving at the ball's location before you even know it.

Power - 3: Acuteness is his lifeline. This isn't to say he has no power, but his personal preference is not in tennis that relies on power.

Stamina - 3: He can keep up the rally without breaking a sweat. His unbreakable posture gives off a sense of grandeur, which is testimony to his lung capacity that allows for considerable physical activity.

Mental - 4: Always calm and collected, to a point where his opponents would wonder if they were at a disadvantage. His unyielding mentality draws the game to his favour.

Technique - 5: He can precisely control Laser Beams with his superior techniques.

Kurobe's Memo:
His unchanging expression even during a pinch is a requirement for a top tier player. He can induce impatience simply by being unperturbed.