Discussion - One Piece General SBS Discussion Thread | Page 26 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion One Piece General SBS Discussion Thread

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
When your young and stubborn, you can feel the world owes you something.

With age comes wisedom.
Mihawk has literally never been frame as career minded. Most of what we know about him suggests that behind his airs of sophistication there's simply a battle nutjob that would take zero issue throwing his live away in in a deathmatch whose sole justification is testing his swordsmanship.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Which makes me wonder how strong his grudge is now given how he was willing enough to fight alongside the Marines at Marineford.
Lol Mihawk couldn't have been phoning it in harder at Marineford. I definitely got the feeling he only showed up to test himself against Whitebeard.

RaisinRisin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Lol Mihawk couldn't have been phoning it in harder at Marineford. I definitely got the feeling he only showed up to test himself against Whitebeard.
Not to mention he probably also got the same ultimatum Hancock did that his shichibukai status would be stripped if he wasn't there.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Not to mention he probably also got the same ultimatum Hancock did that his shichibukai status would be stripped if he wasn't there.
Boa and Mihawk both had huge "showing up to my day job today solely so I don't get fired" energy

electricmastro

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, if his grudge was so strong that he'd forego the title, he would have done it, but didn't.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Mihawk has literally never been frame as career minded. Most of what we know about him suggests that behind his airs of sophistication there's simply a battle nutjob that would take zero issue throwing his live away in in a deathmatch whose sole justification is testing his swordsmanship.
I mean, we don't even know how Mihawk was like as a teenager. Maybe he admired the Marines back then. Maybe he didn't.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire

I wonder if this gives a hint of Imu's actual appearance? They do look like Saint Charlos here :SOON

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I feel like it makes more sense for the real imu to have a rather reagal appearance while his devil form has more of a silly black blood thing going on. The final antagonist being silly on all fronts would be lackluster, specially if he fights luffy who is also.... that.