Discussion - Photoshop - Questions and Discussion | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Photoshop - Questions and Discussion

DrPepperPro

MH Senpai
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Here is a place for you to talk about Photoshop (any version). You may ask questions, give tips, discuss features and plugins, share brushes and other presets, or anything else generally related to Photoshop and manga.

Please do not ask for or post download links to pirated versions of Photoshop. Leave such things to Google's question answering magic.

This sticky was patched together from all previous threads that fit this category, so you will notice some posts that are edited by me and have different post times, that's so that the posts stayed in the same order. Also the actual creation date of this sticky is May 31st, 2011.

Last edited:

Sin

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Help with Grays in PS CS2

I'm having an interesting problem in PS. I scan an image and the grays come out fine.. looking like this in the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer:

However, when I open the same file in PS the gray areas get distorted into this:

Anyone know what causes that and what I can do to fix it? Thanks

-Sin

EVIL

Reaction score
Re: Help with Grays in PS CS2

windows picture etc anti-analize the pixels when zooming in, photoshop on the otherhand zoomes in the picture without anti-analizing it thus showing you how it truly looks.it isnt a problem its just the diffrent ways about how photoshop and another viewing program handels zooming in on images

there is no fix, its called pixels, and check your compression to, save your scans without compression prefferable in png, tiff, tga etc..

kyubisharingan

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
Doing a fade effect

Umm i wanna know how to make one of the pages im cleaning have an effect, the effect is that at the top of the panel its dark but as u go towards the botton it gets light like this notice the fade effect. How do u do it? im kinda a noob so plzz make stuff easy to understand :smile-big

Blue

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Doing a fade effect

Umm..A Black-White Gradident in PS, where the black is on top, and white on the bottom.
You should play with the Opacity though, yeah, I guess that is how I would do it

sabyr

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Umm i wanna know how to make one of the pages im cleaning have an effect, the effect is that at the top of the panel its dark but as u go towards the botton it gets light like this notice the fade effect. How do u do it? im kinda a noob so plzz make stuff easy to understand smile-big
you use photoshop? if you do, use the gradiant tool(the one with the faded box) and mess with it util you get what you want. very simple.

:offtopic i see you used osy's new pic for your avatar.

kyubisharingan

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica

sabyr said:
you use photoshop? if you do, use the gradiant tool(the one with the faded box) and mess with it util you get what you want. very simple.

:offtopic i see you used osy's new pic for your avatar.
Yup he drew my chracter so im representing lol. So the gradient tool eh...i'll give it a try

Fnuckale

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel

A layer with gradient and then set it on multiply.
If you want it to be noisey like the one in the example go to filter>noise>add noise and set on 3% or so.

kyubisharingan

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
the Naruto logo

i wanna know how i would move the Naruto logo

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Re: the Naruto logo

Uhm just using the wand tool to select it copy and paste it at your frame? Or did I missed a important part of your question xD?

kyubisharingan

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica

des said:
Uhm just using the wand tool to select it copy and paste it at your frame? Or did I missed a important part of your question xD?
Wont just copy and paste put the logo in the middle of the page?

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany

I dont know what program you use ^^ but I'll refer to photoshop and it creates always a new layer for stuff you import so you can move it around like you want and place it top left afterwards^^

kyubisharingan

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica

yea i use photoshop. I just figured out how to move it after i copy and paste :p

angry

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

kyubisharingan said:
yea i use photoshop. I just figured out how to move it after i copy and paste :p
LOL, glad we could be of help ^^

Starting out with Photo Shop is hard, there are just too many functions, but once you get used to it... its the best program in the world... you can virtually do everything with it (ok, maybe you can't make coffee with it, but you know what i mean).

Greets, Angry

Mangaking

Reaction score
Leveling! Help Needed!!!

aaaaaa i have try to level this picture but but it aaaa how how how. it make my brain turn out
plz plz plz help me.

p.s aaaaaaa it turn black when im try to leveling it. i hope you guyz can help me out thankyou very much :darn

Allashandra

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Leveling! Help Needed!!!

Hi leveling is not my strong suit but here is how I would level this image. First thing I did was change it from RGB to grayscale.

And here is the levels I ended up using. http://www.imagehosting.us/index.php?action=show&ident=1835254 For some reason imageshack is hating on me today so hopefully this host works.

You will then have to clean up the remaining dust and stuff. ***

Also there is a very good tutorial on leveling in the tutorials section. Leveling tutorial by Angry

I hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:

Mangaking

Reaction score

WOW! WOW! WOW! Kewl.
thankyou very much allasandra[br]Posted on: December 19, 2006, 04:17:09 PM_________________________________________________1 more
where to get gray channel i cant find it

Allashandra

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

You're welcome.

Goto image -> mode -> grayscale on top menu bar assuming you are using photoshop that is.

Mangaking

Reaction score

wow thx again you r sooo kewl !!!!!!!

DarkOblivion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Photoshop colour problem

Wasn't sure where to post this...

Anyway, I have this extremely annoying problem with CS2. Whenever I import an image or even just colour using the brush tool it's like theres lots small dots, and it really throws me off. Weird thing is when I go to save for web the dots aren't visible.

Does anyone know if maybe I need to tweak the settings or something?