Discussion - Photoshop - Questions and Discussion | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Photoshop - Questions and Discussion

Raenef

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
tx found it,

and will try the things with the group.

the problem i had with rotating was that in my opinion after rotating with arbitrary it was still not right, maybe my view

DrPepperPro

MH Senpai
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
A curves (ctrl-m) with these points should work good enough:
39, 0
69, 62
95, 95
160, 163
215, 225
231, 255
(also make sure it is on Light (0-255) mode not Pigment/Ink%)

Some details will be lost in the near-white and near-black areas, so maybe also use a small denoise and less black/white leveling.

wavepulsar

Reaction score
Country
India
I am trying to do a little bit of cleaning on getbackers last volume 39 pages and i got stumped while trying to combine 2 pages into one
and i was hoping for some advise to help me on how to do the dress trail and its related shadow which seems to be missing in the raw pages I got.

PS: any other advise on how to get the page better would also be appreciated thanks in advance

Shipwrecked Wolf

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: where can i find the Cloning icon?

hey I've got a similar problem, except I'm using Adobe Photoshop 6.0, and I can't seem to get the clone stamp tool to work right on it, could somebody help me out?

benii

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: where can i find the Cloning icon?

I am trying to do a little bit of cleaning on getbackers last volume 39 pages and i got stumped while trying to combine 2 pages into one
and i was hoping for some advise to help me on how to do the dress trail and its related shadow which seems to be missing in the raw pages I got.

PS: any other advise on how to get the page better would also be appreciated thanks in advance
Not sure what your asking for. Do you need help with the clone stamp or pen tool?
Or are you not sure how the image should look/how things should connect together and want someone else to do it?

PS: your blacks aren't black. maybe try surface blur, then level the blacks and adjust the midtones? though if that makes it over sharpened or destroys other details then (if your willing to do the work) you can use the burn tool and carefully go over the places that should be black.
Otherwise I think it looks fine.

hey I've got a similar problem, except I'm using Adobe Photoshop 6.0, and I can't seem to get the clone stamp tool to work right on it, could somebody help me out?
I haven't used Photoshop 6 in, like, 10 years... but it should be the same as the newer versions. Select the clone stamp tool then click on wherever you want to copy from while holding down alt or control to define a source. Then just use it like the brush tool. make sure the "aligned" box is checked on or off, whichever you prefer.

If that's not working then it might be a problem with your copy of photoshop. You can legally download CS2 from adobes website.(basically the programs old enough that adobe doesn't really care about it. you still won't have a license, but its fine for personal use.)
http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

You can also download Gimp, if its just for redrawing. Alignment is turned off by default, so you'll have to play with the settings if you want that changed.

wavepulsar

Reaction score
Country
India
Thanks guys ..

While typing the message my sister had walked upon me and she gave me some pointers.... and with some imagination I made it look like into this:

Benni by blacks do you mean the area near the logo?? I will work on it ... that missing area of the gown was the one that really bothered me ....

I had forgotten how far a little bit of more zooming in and a lot of cloning could take you... :super thks a lot

CatzCradle

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: Leveling! Help Needed!!!

Ever since I just learned about the Healing Brush tool, I've been wondering about this:

What's the difference between the Clone Tool and the Healing Brush on 'Replace' mode?

Gradonil_Ral

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I think they basically do the same thing, but clone has just more options. Not that you'd need any for Editing, but still.
Also it's way easier to switch between brush and clone - you just need to click and , while for Healing Brush clicking [J] loads it in 'Normal' mode - you still need to change it to 'Replace'. Unnecessary waste of time.

CatzCradle

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I think they basically do the same thing, but clone has just more options. Not that you'd need any for Editing, but still.
Also it's way easier to switch between brush and clone - you just need to click and , while for Healing Brush clicking [J] loads it in 'Normal' mode - you still need to change it to 'Replace'. Unnecessary waste of time.

Sorry about the late reply!

Oh I see, thank you for the explanation! :)

LoktarOgar

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
North Korea
So I was using this autocenter typesetting script to save me hours of time, and all of a sudden, out of nowhere, it stopped working. Sometimes I get an "Error 8800: general photoshop error, the command "expand" is not currently available, line: 86", sometimes it only won't work when the text is inside the bubbles (but will work elsewhere where there are borders surrounding it, like say, a character's face). And sometimes, it will work without issue.

When I clean the exact same page in, as far as I can tell, the exact same way, it will work 100% of the time. What is going on here? I've been using this script for a while now and its sudden failing seems completely random as far as I can tell.

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
So I was using this autocenter typesetting script to save me hours of time, and all of a sudden, out of nowhere, it stopped working. Sometimes I get an "Error 8800: general photoshop error, the command "expand" is not currently available, line: 86", sometimes it only won't work when the text is inside the bubbles (but will work elsewhere where there are borders surrounding it, like say, a character's face). And sometimes, it will work without issue.

When I clean the exact same page in, as far as I can tell, the exact same way, it will work 100% of the time. What is going on here? I've been using this script for a while now and its sudden failing seems completely random as far as I can tell.
Hi. I don't know the exact script you have so I can only guess here. It sounds to me you have not provided the correct environment for the script to work at times. If "Expand" is involved then I'm guessing the detection algorithm within the script (at line 86 apparently) is encountering a selection issue. I'm guessing the script detects borders (of your speech bubble) surrounding your text in order to calculate how to centre your text, and the error means you either have a gap in your border (in which case you would need to temporarily draw and close up the borders yourself,) or "dirt" within your bubble which is messing with the detection (in which case you need to clean up your speech bubble.) Hope this remotely helps.

Gradonil_Ral

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Hi. I don't know the exact script you have so I can only guess here. It sounds to me you have not provided the correct environment for the script to work at times. If "Expand" is involved then I'm guessing the detection algorithm within the script (at line 86 apparently) is encountering a selection issue. I'm guessing the script detects borders (of your speech bubble) surrounding your text in order to calculate how to centre your text, and the error means you either have a gap in your border (in which case you would need to temporarily draw and close up the borders yourself,) or "dirt" within your bubble which is messing with the detection (in which case you need to clean up your speech bubble.) Hope this remotely helps.
Yeah, it was the dirt in a bubble - he had a lot of it for some reason. The question has already been answered by the script author at the forums Loktar got the script from.

And it seems the post in which I suggested him trying there has been deleted from this thread o_O
Well, ok... Now that I've read it in Lazarus, I guess I could have phrased it differently (in a nicer way). My bad.