Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 16 | Page 47 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paper

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
i5 and 4gb at the most with that budget

hunter71485

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Storm's End
I'd settle for a core 2 duo e7500, 9800gt, 500Gb. I'd be building a new CPU, because my ancient pc is a micro atx and an IDE-riddled legacy.

Now I'm still trying to convince them that the "budget pc" they're pushing me to buy (16.5k, with monitor and printer) can't run a network virtualization.

... three fingered salute is ctrl+alt+delete.

Last edited:

Paper

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
re:Salute- I thought you were talking about "the shocker"

@Hunt- I get where you're coming from. Explaining why you need x and y for your new computer to someone who is virtually computer illiterate is just tough as nails. My dad always brings shit back after I throw them out... He won't even let go of the old Globe modem we switched from globe to pldt (this was about 4 years ago...)

kuroihikari

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
What I did back in college was buy bootleg AutoCAD for P100 saying I needed it for engineering school and said that the junk PC we had back then (2000-ish. And that was the last microATX + IDE mess I had :D), couldn't run it. Got a 50k budget.

I'd probably say that I need something like an OS with a virtual desktop so that I can run multiple OSes at the same time to reduce fragmentation. And that I need Adobe Master Collection CS5 (has it been released yet?), and it won't run on piddly PCs.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
my 250Gb's NOT enough for me. Now good thing I convinced my parents to upgrade my ancient PC... Now all I gotta do is canvas a good setup not exceeding 22k (because I'll be using that 19" LCD monitor)
22k is reasonable if it's just for CPU. I canvassed prices for stuff good enough for me to play SC2 and it went to about 20-25. I forget- I just let it slip since I didn't have the money... ahahaha.

Well, odd for you to feel that way, though because you've studied and worked all over the country :D.
Indeed. Maybe Canada's not romantic? :blink

what the fuck you got 50k- and that was how many years ago, for a PC! what a budget!

anyway, I went to the mall today, thinking I could just walk around. Intentionally I just needed to buy hair conditioner... then I ended up... shopping...

but I don't regret it! :nuts And now CEBPAC has piso fare, goddammit I need to travel!

Imperium

Reaction score
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
:oh

If i go to a shop to buy something, i go in, buy it, come out, leave the mall. I try to do it in the least amount of time possible and since i already know exactly what i want, i ignore everything else. Maybe its a guy/girl thing...but i doubt it. I have seen some shopaholic guys. They are usually a bit camp as well, but im not insinuating anything. >.>

hunter71485

Reaction score
Country
Storm's End
@kuro
yeah that's what I'm telling them. my dad's just ho-hum but he's researching the internet if what i'm saying is right, and now we're both looking that i'm wrong - i need a much, much better motherboard (and i'm practically begging to upgrade that cpu to a quad - only 2k price difference). and they still wouldn't let me buy a new orig OS.

@shopping

nowadays when me and my cousin go mallhopping we do it in the gilmore -> greenhills -> rob's galleria -> podium -> eastwood city route.

gilmore to take quotations of pc parts prices, greenhills because it's along the way, rob's galleria to eat, podium to walk away the meal, and eastwood city for "appreciating the beauties of the philippines".

we always get back home satisfied.

Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
hmm. Somehow i never got to "mallhopping". It's a rare occasion that I go from one mall to another. When I get inside a mall, I get exhausted after a few hours. I make it a one-stop thing. That's why I only go to the mall maybe once or twice a month.

Imperium

Reaction score
Country
I misread that as "manhopping". I've been misreading a lot today, your sig for example i first misread as kiss ass. @+@

hunter71485

Reaction score
Country
Storm's End
you may need to get off the internet for a week imp.

kuroihikari

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
what the fuck you got 50k- and that was how many years ago, for a PC! what a budget!
I actually regretted that. I learned a few years later that they took out a loan for that money, add to the one they took out for my grandma's last hospitalization (and burial) expenses.

I hadn't graduated when I knew about it, but I stopped studying and took a job. Paid them over slowly over 5 years.

Since then, I've never lied to my parents. I just teach others how to :D.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

to take your mind off things :)

and tissueboy, epic meal time...

hunter71485

Reaction score
Country
Storm's End
NO FAIR!

Only Adulfs can join the contist??? And all the prizes are an underarm protection thingy???

kuroihikari

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Heh, the BECK bootleg DVD is out on torrent.

I haven't read the manga, so for those who have, are there many ways in which they could possibly ruin it? I don't want to waste my time a la Nana 2.

Last edited:

Paper

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Epic Meal Time represents everything I love and hate in food/cooking.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Heh, the BECK bootleg DVD is out on torrent.

I haven't read the manga, so for those who have, are there many ways in which they could possibly ruin it? I don't want to waste my time a la Nana 2.
I have read the manga, watched the anime, and loved them both. I haven't watched the movie yet but I have high hopes for it. Is it good quality Kuro-tan?

kuroihikari

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Well the copy out is DVD quality (1.36GB) and not yet fansubbed. There seems to be a problem in one part where Koyuki is singing (the vocals are missing), but it could just be a few people not knowing how to poke around settings, so I can't verify that.

SkewedS fansubs are taking up the project.

It's definitely just the otaku in me, but I find it funny that Ryusuke is played by Kamen Rider Kabuto and Koyuki is played by Kamen Rider Den-O :D.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
yeah, it's the otaku in you :oh

ah so no subs yet... then I won't DL it.

what the f, I was downloading an anime (Piano no mori) and it was very slow, and one time I shut my PC off (3rd day, 81%) and the download stopped! It's been two days now that I'd been trying to resume the download and the SEEDS HAVE DISAPPEARED!!! goddamit!

Imperium

Reaction score
Country
Well when seeds disappear for me, i try and plant new ones.

POW

Anyway anyone watched Kara no Kyoukai? I got rec it by another member and its totally awesome. About to watch its second film/ova/episode/thing.

kuroihikari

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
yeah, it's the otaku in you :oh

ah so no subs yet... then I won't DL it.
Heh. Seems to be getting good reviews from fans. So far. And it seems also that the missing audio was intentional.

Anyway, I just remembered that that guy zeldAIS (from SkewedS, among others) who does karaoke and typesetting for jdramas and anime is pinoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.