Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 16 | Page 49 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuroihikari

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
So I did start Cross game. Now I won't be able to do anything for 2 days.

hunter71485

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Storm's End
uh... what is that game, kuro?

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
ha! I knew it! After the first volume, no, the second chapter, it's the point of no return! :kukuku

hunter71485

Reaction score
Country
Storm's End
oh come on. You've only had so much time.
Uh... I had 8 years in college. With no doctorate degree in sight. :darn

I do wish mom's connections pay off when I finish taking that CCNA.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
8 years is okay. diba 5 years naman ang required for engineering? so 3 years extra is understandable :D yung iba nga jan e... >.>

hunter71485

Reaction score
Country
Storm's End
I'm not engineering diba?

Hayz. Anyway I'm hoping to catch up to my money-earning high school mates who're all thinking of getting married. The money-earning part, not the getting married part, mind.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I'm not engineering diba?

Hayz. Anyway I'm hoping to catch up to my money-earning high school mates who're all thinking of getting married. The money-earning part, not the getting married part, mind.
:o not engineering??? ano buz, ano nga ba ulit course mo?? so... what's your money-earning plan? care to divulge..? i might, you know, be interested... THIS SUCKS! Being poor with no spending capacity sucks! I can't even go to McD to study coz it will mean another meal less by the end of the month! This sucks this sucks this sucks!

kuroihikari

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
If you were still at CHowking you'd have free meals :D

hunter71485

Reaction score
Country
Storm's End
:o not engineering??? ano buz, ano nga ba ulit course mo?? so... what's your money-earning plan? care to divulge..? i might, you know, be interested... THIS SUCKS! Being poor with no spending capacity sucks! I can't even go to McD to study coz it will mean another meal less by the end of the month! This sucks this sucks this sucks!
... computer science. Anyway it's become an obsolete course, seeing how the I.T. industry prefers I.T. graduates (courses with I.T. spelled on them).

If you were still at CHowking you'd have free meals :D
But she wouldn't be studying then, right?

She's now an officially licensed teacher, having got her license last month, and yet still haven't sent any form of resume to 4 schools who wants to take her. Now she's idling by, gaming non-stop, believing she'd get thinner by skipping breakfast and lunch and staying in her room for 18 hours a day.

I told her the best way to reduce weight is to get a job and be (physically and mentally) stressed for the heck of it.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
she's that confident huh. I wonder how my predicament reminded you of her since we're total opposites. She hasn't sent any resumes out and a lot of people want her. -_- kuro-tan, true, and then part of the reason I resigned from CH was because the branch they assigned me to was far away. Then when I came home after the resignation they built a new store a few blocks from my apartment. -_-; IN YUR FAISH!

hunter71485

Reaction score
Country
Storm's End
well true, because (aside from her currently eating bandwidth) you're on opposite sides of the coin.

kuroihikari

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Finished Cross Game. Took awhile to get used to breaking the fourth wall, but overall a good series.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
heh, Mitsuru Adachi uses that a lot. I don't know if I should tell you to read H2 immediately because he doesn't change character designs much. It's like you have to remove yourself completely from his other works so as not to associate characters from previous series into the one you're reading. He admits this flaw, so I dunno why he doesn't do anything about it though :p

Oh yeah I didn't go anywhere to study, just at home in my room and hey! I did it! It seems I'm mature after all! Back in college I had to go somewhere else so as not to get distracted and whatever excuse I could think of. Especially with a bed nearby, I'd just sleep... but now I'm perfectly capable of reading a textbook for more than an hour in my room! :occa

and did you guys not notice that we're 26 posts to v. 17?

imagine that. We could actually do it, hunt, with the help of some british guy and kuro-tan. :wtf

Last edited:

Imperium

Reaction score
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Yohohohoho did someone call?

I think i'll give h2 another go then. But im not in the manga reading mood recently, ive had tons of spare time but i've been mostly wasting it reading books n watching films. :p

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
you'll get your groove back.. it comes and goes. it's a love-hate relationship. :)

what anime is your avatar from, imp?

Imperium

Reaction score
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
*shivers* I dont like that smiley. I call it the "insincere" smiley. Its reminds me of the face someone would make when they are being rude, know they are, but will smile nevertheless. Or when they are being doing the whole polite lie like "Hey you look great :) ". Its up there with the other hated smiley, the "mad" smiley which i also dont like because it seems far too overthetop. >.> "tem" sometimes annoys me too...okay, Im going to restrain myself before i rant more about smileys i dont like ._.;

And yea it does kinda go back and forth with me. But it will usually be months, i would just read the usual shonen stuff and not bother with anything, then BAM a couple of month of obsessively reading new series. >.>

The avy is shiki from Kara no kyoukai. :p

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'm in Boracay now. :D

Someone teach me some tagalog so I don't suck! XD

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
testing: :tem

Hey queen! do enjoy boracay! oh man! I'm so jealous! :wtf How is the place? how long have you been there? oh right, when you go to bohol I'm 75% sure you'll be dropping by Cebu?

over there in boracay it's ilonggo- not really tagalog. But I don't know any ilonggo too well.

You just say "pila ni?" when you ask how much. :p

hunter71485

Reaction score
Country
Storm's End
@Queen
Use English. Or American. Either way, Pinoys have at least a basic grasp of English words/phrases to understand what you mean to say.

And I'm officially on Core i5. Feels pretty good. Blinding, even. :darn this widescreen's gonna eat my eyes.

kuroihikari

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I'm in Boracay now. :D

Someone teach me some tagalog so I don't suck! XD
The queen is in Boracay! I thought you wanted to go diving? So many great diving spots here and they're not in Boracay :D.

"Ma-ayong ad-law" is good morning. "Ma-ay-o na gab-i" is "good evening". Filipino dialects are pronounced like romaji.

@hunt Queen is Aussie. Locals don't get Aussie and Kiwi speak as much as they do American :D. But she should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.