Preliminary Round! (Group 32) | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Preliminary Round! (Group 32)

Which two will advance?

• Sengoku

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Aokiji

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • Silvers Rayleigh

Votes: 24 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

astute_azure

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
For those who say Zoro can't take on an admiral currently, I challenge you to give some proof, otherwise there is no telling where the monster trio are at currently.

So unless it is in the manga somewhere that Zoro can't currently take on an admiral, prove so.

Cyrs

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
North Pole
For those who say Zoro can't take on an admiral currently, I challenge you to give some proof, otherwise there is no telling where the monster trio are at currently.

So unless it is in the manga somewhere that Zoro can't currently take on an admiral, prove so.
Please read Da Tournament Rules here: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/78850-Da-Tournament-Rules

Specifically the part that says:

"Because the plot is moving forward and certain characters are being developed, they can only be considered as they have been "shown" (pic or text) capable of in the manga, except for the few characters that have been given a limit. "

The burden of proof is on you.

And in 682 chapters of One Piece, there is no proof to support your claim. You can't just make up ideas and say they're valid because no one can prove otherwise... that's irrational :(

astute_azure

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
And what are you pointing out by letting me read the rules? I've already read that.

Why should the burden of proof be on me. I'm just telling that Zoro can hold off an admiral, jeez...

Current chapters does not indicate the monster trio can't hold off an admiral either.

So that leaves us all assuming about their current level, so all of you are also making up your ideas and say they are valid.

Edit:
Proof, Sanji holding off V.A Vergo, Garp is a marine V.A., Sanji can hold off Garp. Go figure the rest. O btw, I can go on for lengths and lengths of proof. So where are yours to prove that Zoro can't hold off an admiral?

Last edited:

weixiaobao

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
astute_azure- Your logic make no sense. Garp as stated in the manga is above a vice admiral. When we talk about vice admirals, the reputation of the others are virtually unknown so far (except for Smoker I guess because he is brutal). Garp is a legendary marine. Sanji barely hold on to Vergo with his broken legs. To say that Sanji can hold off Garp, that is a big statement. So why don't you take it a step further, since Garp can hold off Gold Roger. And Gold Roger was on the same level with White Beard. Sanji can hold off both Roger and Whitebeard. You speak nonsense.

Second, as strong as Zoro is I doubt he is above opponents like Jinbei, Marco,and Vista who proven they can't damage Akainu like at all.

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Zoro and Sanji shouldn't be able to hold their own against Vice Admirals. Maybe Luffy is the only one in the current crew who can individually challenge a low-level Vice Admirals like Smoker (who seems among the weakest as he even lost to Law). The same Vergo who seems stronger than Smokey and has more authority than him was just toying with Sanji and casually managed to crack Sanji's leg, so I don't see any reason how can Zoro or Sanji challenge Admirals if they can't even tie against low level Vice Admirals.

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
i go with silvers.

that guy enjoys helping the second generation and even more of that good ol booze. let him watch the next fights :D

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
p.s.,shame on who put you on these group,want you to be elimanated on the 1st round.Maybe you offended them,,or have a grudge against you.,
Dumbed... :no
We tried our best so that the groups are COMPLETELY RANDOM, we have no intention on "fixing" any results, so we randomized the names, and this what came out. We as staff may also be sad to see some of our favorites voted away, but that gives us no room to go and fix the tournament in our cause. It is the fairest way to deal with these things, and we did just that, thanks for understanding. :)

Lolack

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
zoro loses, or else he is going to become pirate king before luffy

hoeru

Reaction score
Country
Mauritius
Even if you say that, it's two Admirals against two pirates.
Neither Sengoku nor Aokiji are Marines any longer. In the end this battle only might take place between Sengoku and Rayleigh while Aokiji and Zoro take a nap.

Bhoot

Reaction score
Country
India
y in gods name are these 4 paired 2gether so early?

Zoro ... sorry man but U so dead

THM Nindo

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
There's just no way that Zoro can survive this!
I don't understand why people are fighting this reality so hard.

Zoro is also my favorite character in this manga, but the facts remains the facts.
Maybe in the next tournament he will be closer to the top, but this time around, he loses in the first round, no question...

Leonsagara

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I did not vote for Zoro, despite thinking he is most likely the weakest of the group. His current level hasn't really been accurately shown yet, so it's hard to say 100%. Anyway, I like him too much, so I voted for Sengoku to lose. I should also add that this is the only group where I went against the most logical loser.

tobeulp

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Sorry Zoro this is the worst match up you can get 2 Admirals + Right Hand of the Pirate King = Zoro being a fooder ^^.
I hope some people here don't start an argument we don't see anything from Sengoku etc this is not Naruto forums where logic of the story isn't relevant so stop doing this

astute_azure

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
astute_azure- Your logic make no sense. Garp as stated in the manga is above a vice admiral. When we talk about vice admirals, the reputation of the others are virtually unknown so far (except for Smoker I guess because he is brutal). Garp is a legendary marine. Sanji barely hold on to Vergo with his broken legs. To say that Sanji can hold off Garp, that is a big statement. So why don't you take it a step further, since Garp can hold off Gold Roger. And Gold Roger was on the same level with White Beard. Sanji can hold off both Roger and Whitebeard. You speak nonsense.

Second, as strong as Zoro is I doubt he is above opponents like Jinbei, Marco,and Vista who proven they can't damage Akainu like at all.
So you haven't figured the rest of the logic.

Garp chose to stay V.A, thing is he is still a V.A., "a fact". Saying that V.A. rank is not accurate therefore destroys marine rankings and there' no ways for you to know where Vergo's level is at. For that matter all Admiral and Sengoko's position becomes questionable.

We stay with "Garp a marine V.A can take on a marine Admiral" V.A can hold/take on an Admiral,

Sanji supposedly <= Zoro, holds off Vergo, disregard broken legs why cause fights are made that way or did you consider Vergo bleed from Sanji's kick beforehand? what does that tell you? Zoro is now capable to hold his own against an admiral. "Hold your ground and winning are different things"

How more could I ever make this clearer to you Zoro underestimaters.

They haven't damaged Akainu, yes but fight is not about fighting to the death. It was a fight to save Luffy. There is a big difference with that.

Like I say, Zoro at the moment is just a little under Mihawk. MIHAWK = SHANKS remember.

Last edited:

tobeulp

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Garp chose to stay V.A, thing is he is still a V.A., "a fact". Saying that V.A. rank is not accurate therefore destroys marine rankings and there' no ways for you to know where Vergo's level is at. For that matter all Admiral and Sengoko's position becomes questionable.

We stay with "Garp a marine V.A can take on a marine Admiral" V.A can hold/take on an Admiral,

Sanji supposedly <= Zoro, holds off Vergo, disregard broken legs why cause fights are made that way or did you consider Vergo bleed from Sanji's kick beforehand? what does that tell you? Zoro is now capable to hold his own against an admiral. "Hold your ground and winning are different things"

They haven't damaged Akainu, yes but fight is not about fighting to the death. It was a fight to save Luffy. There is a big difference with that.

Like I say, Zoro at the moment is just a little under Mihawk. MIHAWK = SHANKS remember.
Dude even if I can agree with the Vice Admiral part where their power rank is unclear people here don't underestimate Zoro hell even Luffy if he is in this bracket he will be toast and with the Vergo part... Vergo is VA and the power rank is Admiral>>>>>>>>>VA well no Garp now so it is clear Admiral is way way more powerful than VA but still VA make New World Captain fought hard in the Marine ford arc...

Admiral are end game enemies for the Pirates and if the current Zoro now after just training under Mihawk for 2yrs? can make him beat an Admiral then I hope Mihawk will open up a School because he is one hell of an instructor... But I think Sanji/Zoro/Luffy is equal to a VA or slightly more powerful but still below Admiral in terms of power

THM Nindo

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada

You, sir, are insane and delusional! (No offense) :p

Garp is an exception within the VA.
You cannot say that because Garp is probably stronger than the admirals that ANY Vice-admiral can beat the admirals.

That would be complety stupid.
If they could beat the admirals, they would be admirals.

The only reason Garp was not an admiral was because he didn't want to become one.

And Sanji didn't hold off Vergo at all.

He exchange one kick with him, which managed to break his legs, and then Vergo left.
What do you think would have happened if Vergo kept on fighting?
Sanji would have been beaten, for sure.

Like I said, I'm a big fan of Zoro, probably one of my favorite overall manga character, but I'm not delusional and I know when to let it go...

Zoro lose, that is all.

Smit

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Ok lets start this of by saying Zoro is my fav char and i dont want him to lose. Just being honest.

My vote is going to Rayleigh.

This fight will be a 2vs2 between Rayleigh and Zoro vs Sengoku and Aokiji
Since Rayleigh taught Luffy for these 2 years he has come to see him as a grandson and the next Roger. Ray wont let Zoro one of the best friends Luffy has die. So they will fight together.
Sengoku and Aokiji have each others respect and wont fight each other until the other 2 are out/dead.

I can see this fight go a million ways. But I think when it comes down to it. Rayleigh will take a deadly attack to save Zoro's life. Thus he will be the first to go down.

weixiaobao

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ummm, where does that logic led to Zoro can handle Garp. It doesn't matter about the others and or the ranking. It was pretty clear pretimeskiped that the strongest 5 had always been Sengoku, Garp, Akainu, Aojiki, and Kizaru. In a match, they probably can injured each others to great extend regardless of who win or lose. The rest of the marines with the maybe the exception to Kong are not to this level (mostly hype from Kong). I never disregard, whether or not Zoro can or cannot fight the rest of the Vice Admiral at equal level, slightly above or below. But he is not close to the top 5.

Where did you get the impression that Zoro is just little bit under Mihawk. Zoro by all meant haven't demonstrate any slashes as great as Mihawk during the war. That is but an assumption to said Zoro is just slightly under Mihawk. By any meant, I don't even know why you argue about "handle" vs "won."

Who did you vote to lose? If I have that information maybe I could understand where you are. Also, figuring out the rest of logic? What sup with that? Did you take a logic class or something? I did. Forgot most about it though.

Last edited:

Leonsagara

Reaction score
Country
United States
Zoro has replicated the feat that we first saw from Mihawk: slicing a ship in half.

Junior

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I refuse to vote here.

No offense meant but I think its beyond unfair Zoro got paired up in this. It is obvious (based on current manga facts) that Zoro cannot survive this.

All we can do is speculate. Is it possible that Zoro can take an Admiral? Has his skill more than tripled? Probably.

But we can't prove it. All we have to go on is what we have seen...and.. even though I love Zoro's character...I don't think he has done anything truly jaw dropping yet. Given time, sure but now....sigh.

So I'm not voting. It sucks Zoro has to lose this early when even Ussop got a damn pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.