Preliminary Round! (Group 32) | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Preliminary Round! (Group 32)

Which two will advance?

• Sengoku

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Aokiji

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • Silvers Rayleigh

Votes: 24 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

matzik1212

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Ok so let's make this clear . This was no set up . Things just got arranged like this . Can't you guys accept some challenges :p

This is a challenge . I , even though i know Zoro will lose i still didn't vote for him :^_^ I just can't . Let's not make a fuss out of this and please be respectful in your posts . Thank You *bow*

Mr. Arashi

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Chile
Please read Da Tournament Rules here: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/78850-Da-Tournament-Rules

Specifically the part that says:

"Because the plot is moving forward and certain characters are being developed, they can only be considered as they have been "shown" (pic or text) capable of in the manga, except for the few characters that have been given a limit. "
Shown? So Sengoku is a poor little one, i vote him.:3c

Zoro already has develop two kinds of haki, it's stronger than before in any stat and can cut steel like butter as someone said.

Sengoku didn't show so much on Marineford, he perfectly might used Buso on Luffy and the Shockwave is a great scale attack in near distances. Zoro can overcome all this.

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Sengoku is the guy who was leading Marines since damn long time. He has one of the rarest DF in One Piece and obviously is a Master in Haki as everyone starting from Vice Admiral must know how to use Haki as a requirement for his rank. Sengoku was an Admiral during Roger´s time and is supposedly somewhere around Garp in strength who was considered if not an equal to Roger, but at least somewhere around being equal, so it´s a pure nonsense saying that Zoro can handle Sengoku. Especially as Garp and Sengoku easily managed to stop BB´s crew and BB himself during the battle in Marineford, even though BB had 2 DF.

weixiaobao

Reaction score
Country
United States
Jorge D. Dragon- you are so ignorant, you didn't follow astute_azure's logic like at all. If Garp can handle Blackbeard with 2 DF, then Zoro can definitely handle BB with 2 DF, cuzz Zoro is greater than Sanji, and Sanji can handle Vergo, and Vergo is a VA like Garp *facepalm* *sarcasm here people don't take this post seriously now*

Rosebullet Teacher

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
I don't wanna vote or more like I can't bring myself to vote. Fu* this death group!

FuS

Cyrs

Reaction score
Country
North Pole
Sengoku is the guy who was leading Marines since damn long time. He has one of the rarest DF in One Piece and obviously is a Master in Haki as everyone starting from Vice Admiral must know how to use Haki as a requirement for his rank. Sengoku was an Admiral during Roger´s time and is supposedly somewhere around Garp in strength who was considered if not an equal to Roger, but at least somewhere around being equal, so it´s a pure nonsense saying that Zoro can handle Sengoku. Especially as Garp and Sengoku easily managed to stop BB´s crew and BB himself during the battle in Marineford, even though BB had 2 DF.
No amount of logic will work.

It seems like people are determined to turn this tourney into a popularity contest. :(

vpyr

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Ok lets start this of by saying Zoro is my fav char and i dont want him to lose. Just being honest.

My vote is going to Rayleigh.

This fight will be a 2vs2 between Rayleigh and Zoro vs Sengoku and Aokiji
Since Rayleigh taught Luffy for these 2 years he has come to see him as a grandson and the next Roger. Ray wont let Zoro one of the best friends Luffy has die. So they will fight together.
Sengoku and Aokiji have each others respect and wont fight each other until the other 2 are out/dead.

I can see this fight go a million ways. But I think when it comes down to it. Rayleigh will take a deadly attack to save Zoro's life. Thus he will be the first to go down.
That and only that would make sense for me...

That rayleigh takes the deadly attack... "new generation will always be better" "the will of fire" (i know wrong manga ;) ) but only this can or could save zorro in this round

As shown here he is willing to help them... and if he has got to let go of his life for his principles he will do it... but other than that..

Sengoku,Aokiji,Rayleigh > Zorro

but because of the plot and characteristics i can see:

Sengoku,Aokiji>Zorro> Rayleigh

Only because he would sacrafice himself for zorro and cover some attacks zorro couldn't defend

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
as i see it now, almost everybody already voted. this is going nowhere lol

leshrak

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I'm really sad that Zoro is out, even if I voted on him. But relieved that this tournament proved not to be a mere popularity contest. Better luck next time Zoro

thousandIN1

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
zoro is outtttta heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere

Mr. Arashi

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Chile
Sengoku's out now:-_-

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
1. Sengoku. He was the strongest Marine along with Garp pre-timeskip. He was already an Admiral during Roger's times. And during the War in Marineford he and Garp managed to handle BB and his entire crew even when BB got Whitebeard's DF, so I doubt he might loose to either Ao Kiji or Rayleigh.
2. Ao Kiji. Rayleigh barely managed to stall Kizaru and then escape and he said himself that he can't win against him as he is out of shape even though he is still considerably strong, so I doubt he can win against Ao Kiji. Even though the fight would be damn interesting and damn close.

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Rayleigh and Sengoku are both old. Ao Kiji could fight Aikainu his narutal enemy for 10days. So i believe Ao kiji is the strongest here, his endurance will give him the advantage

1- Ao Kiji

Sengoku/Rayleigh. Those two are legend from the old era. Rayleigh was the 2nd man of Roger and Sengoku the 2nd man of the marine (after Garp). I believe those 2 are equals in term of raw power.Now let's imagine a fight between them. Rayleigh weapon are haki and his sword. not only he have the conqueror haki, he seems to be a very skilled swordsman. So far that's just theory but he was probably the best swordsman before. On the other side Sengoku DF turn him into a geant golden buddha (so i believe it's almost impossible to cut him), and his shockwaves have a good range. Rayleigh is fast and he have COO so he might be able to avoid Sengoku's shockwaves but the problem is how he gonna damage a body like Sengoku. Is his Haki strong enough to cut through Sengoku armor. If he was really a swordsman i believe yes. So i give the win to Rayleigh on this one.

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Sengoku wasn't a leader of Marine for nothing. He should be the strongest one and the best strategist as well. His intellect was mentioned even by Newgate during the War in Marineford, so I wouldn't rule him out.:) And Garp and Sengoku weren't the strongest in Marines during Roger's era. It seems that the strongest guy was Fleet Admiral Kong who is now Pan Fleet Admiral.:)
We shouldn't forget that Sengoku should be Master of Haki as well as Rayleigh as he was an Admiral in Roger's era and we know that everyone starting from Vice Admirals must have Haki.:)

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Argh dammit. It would've actually been more interesting if Sengoku was out and it was between Rayleigh, Aokiji and Zoro. :p

Rayleigh is getting old and he did indirectly suggest on SA when he was fighting Kizaru that he wish he could've helped the SH's at the same as fighting an admiral. Ok, maybe he didn't say that but I got the impression he was indicating to something like that. I think out of all the "old generation" of Pirate and Marine legends we've been introduced to so far; Rayleigh is the most dangerous of them all. He's probably got the best haki around and he can effortlessly take out many soldiers/pirates without much trouble. He has a lot of experience over the years and will be quite a difficult fighter to break down.

Sengoku is similar to Rayleigh in the sense that he too has a lot of experience, is recognised as a key asset of the marines and very powerful. His devil fruit ability is one of a kind which I still have doubts on tbh but it's clear he can KO some of the most dangerous criminals around with ease. It's actually embarassing that he didn't continue pursuing or taking care of the Blackbeard Pirates during the end of the Marineford War. He should've taken care of them while the admirals focused on WB & co. Oh well.

Aokiji has a pretty cool devil fruit ability and he obviously is a good haki user. We've seen him countless times against various opponents mainly during the Marineford War arc and he definitely seems to be the type to have a lot of stamina. Fighting stamina if there is such a thing. So I reckon he could hold his own against the other two. However, I would still consider Sengoku and Rayleigh too much of a burden for him. Kizaru had his work cut out for him against Rayleigh on SA and that admiral has been around far longer than Aokiji. I think Aokiji has still much to learn and Rayleigh would defeat him in this instance.

I vote for Sengoku and Rayleigh.

leshrak

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
IMO, legendary zoan > logia. Besides, Sengoku was Fleet Admiral, which puts him above regular admiral. He's fighting since Roger's time and is probably the strongest marine in the manga.
Rayleigh didn't show much, but against Kizaru he seemed to have the upper hand. Even without a devil fruit (as far as we know) he has powerfull haki, skill and tons of combat experience so I think he can defeat Aokiji

Mazino

Reaction score
Country
Joker
so my fav char lost already :( ... but with that monster group u cant help it,ill say rayleigh is the strongest here,since i put him on the same lvl as shiki or maybe a lil stronger, since garp and sengoku were needed to capture shiki..i see sengoku a lil below ray

0Xellos

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
And here I was shocked with Enel and Dofla in the same group.

:shock

But I don't want to kick out either of the 3! Why, cruel world?

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
And here I was shocked with Enel and Dofla in the same group.

:shock

But I don't want to kick out either of the 3! Why, cruel world?
One of them must win in the end. It's a tough choice. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.