Quarterfinals: Match 3: Blackbeard vs. Gol D. Roger | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinals: Match 3: Blackbeard vs. Gol D. Roger

Who Wins?

• Marshall D. Teach

Votes: 27 44.3%
  • Gol D. Roger

Votes: 34 55.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
This thread wont have a poll until one day of discussion. This is to avoid one-liners and allow a bit more of discussion on each fight, as well to allow you to change your mind while discussing it. Thanks for your understanding.

Quarterfinals: Match 3
MARSHALL D. TEACH VS. GOLD D. ROGER

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperPeon

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I vote for Blackbeard because I think Blackbeard is strong enough to defeat guys like him unlike Marco. Since we know that BB is very strong and Roger is also very strong, I would go here for someone who was shown fighting before than someone who was famous since they are both very strong. Blackbeard here.

Leonsagara

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm also going for Blackbeard here. Roger's reputation is great, but I don't want a complete unknown to win here.

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, Roger had a decent run ... although he is probably deserving of the top 4, Blackbeard also is, he has shown a lot more than Roger, so the road ends here Pirate King! :p

Of course we can debate based on the facts of their powers, it's another battle of a super haki user vs a solid DF user, this will probably go as a tie, with minimal stuff deciding things in the end. I do think Roger might win if both are in their prime, but for the previous reasons BB it is.

Mr. Arashi

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Chile
The wonderman wins this.

Certainly Roger has some guts heard in the series, but this is the new age and Teach is the main antagonist to achieve everything with only raw power.

astute_azure

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Seriously? Dragon lost to Mihawk? Well this is the wrong thread. Just saying though, Dragon is like Garp at his prime, his like Luffy at his prime(future PIRATE KING). And most seem to favor senseless arguments just because hype is not enough.

Well if Blackbeard wins this one, he might as well become pirate king now.

O nobody ever recognize that Zoro as shown can be arguably be able to go toe to toe with an admiral, not that he wins. Tss, this crappy tournament should've not included legends, it defames them.

Last edited:

Mr. Arashi

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Chile
Seriously? Dragon lost to Mihawk? Well this is the wrong thread. Just saying though, Dragon is like Garp at his prime, his like Luffy at his prime(future PIRATE KING). And most seem to favor senseless arguments just because hype is not enough.

O nobody ever recognize that Zoro as shown can be arguably be able to go toe to toe with an admiral, not that he wins. Tss, this crappy tournament should've not included legends, it defames them.
You have your point my good fellow, as the same as me, which it is that so far any known character of One Piece doesn't deserve the creation of Ancient Weapons. These legends fighting together would lose if the gigantic Sea Kings are after them. So, reaching Raftel isn't a great feat in the whole One Piece time line.

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I vote roger because he was the strongest character of ever! also,BB had to lose against eneru,imo. :-_-

Leonsagara

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Here's some pseudo-logic. Whitebeard was Dragon's chief rival with the Gura Gura no Mi. BB has that, plus the Darkness fruit, so clearly he should win against Roger...

Lol, it's really hard to imagine anyone winning against Roger, which makes it really frustrating. Anyway, BB for the win!

As for the legends not being a match for the giant Sea Kings, two legends have navigated the Calm Belt without the Navy's special boats and without a problem: Rayleigh and Mihawk. Mihawk chased down Don Krieg through the Calm Belt on a miniature raft. Rayleigh swam a considerable distance through the Calm Belt to reach Amazon Lily.

Last edited:

redhairSH

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Blackbeard with two fruits was afraid to fight shanks and akainu because he knew he couldn't win. He has now gained the title of Yonkou, meaning he is about as strong as shanks, who was about as strong as old whitebeard, who was weaker than young whitebeard, who was as strong as sick roger.

both shanks and akainu(along with kaidou and big mom) were equal to or weaker than a 72 year old whitebeard who wasn't as strong as he used to be, and even though he was weaker than he was even two years ago when he met ace, he was still able to take hits from dozens of marines plus a sword right through his chest and still fight equal to the admirals, and quake punch the crap out of akainu with half his face gone.

Roger, when whitebeard was young and in his prime without the problems he had at marineford, was able to fight even with whitebeard. This was while Roger was dying from a painful disease. Whitebeard was called the strongest man in the world because he was able to match roger in combat. The title yonkou was given to shanks and big mom and kaidou because they were all around as strong as and elderly whitebeard

Yonkou=Old Sick Dying Whitebeard
Sick Dying Roger=Young Whitebeard

Blackbeard is a yonkou

The only reason roger would lose this is if it turns into a popularity contest, because blackbeard has a lot of fans

Roger is the standard for being strong in one piece, whitebeard in his prime couldn't beat roger while he was sick, neither could garp, aokiji, akainu, kizaru, sengoku, roger was known for being a world class badass, no way the pirate king loses to a guy who got owned by an old sick injured half faced whitebeard

if blackbeard was stronger than roger, he would already have beaten the other yonkou and went to raftel, he hasn't because he can't

astute_azure

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Nah, you can stop your defense of Roger, most will not read them, will not absorb your point, they'd pretty much vote for BB.

redhairSH

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
If this is a real question of who would win between blackbeard and roger, its roger hands down

if this is about who's more popular, its blackbeard

Ninja_Pirate

Reaction score
Country
India
BB wins... two DFs and he looks cunning to me .. Though Whitebeard when compared BB to the definition provided by roger of "D" commented that BB is not even close to a "D" ... but still BB wins..lol

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
its the first fight i agree with you xD voting roger for the lulz
ahahah. but seriously,eneru was god: his speed should have escaped gravity,according to physics (not that light is not absorbed by black holes,but eneru was fast enough to escape,and his speed would have allowed him to defeat BB). I consider this as a Roger VS eneru. and I give this to the late ace's father :(

SuperPeon

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Blackbeard with two fruits was afraid to fight shanks and akainu because he knew he couldn't win.
Blackbeard avoided fighting them to avoid being in trouble. If BB had to fight with his crew, he might win but his crew might get severely injured. Remember when BB was fighting Ace? He told his crew to get away so that they wouldn't get hurt.

Mr. Arashi

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Chile
As for the legends not being a match for the giant Sea Kings, two legends have navigated the Calm Belt without the Navy's special boats and without a problem: Rayleigh and Mihawk. Mihawk chased down Don Krieg through the Calm Belt on a miniature raft. Rayleigh swam a considerable distance through the Calm Belt to reach Amazon Lily.
I do not doubt Mihawk being able to hurt some Sea Kings and Rayleigh hiding his presense while swimming. I really doubt being able to withstand an attack of them by an order of the mermaid princess.

solarenergy

Reaction score
Country
Maldives
we might not have seen roger fight bt roger is definetly much stronger than bb. whitebeard in his prime was the only one able to go toe to toe with him there is no way bb can beat roger

jaymizzo

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

A title is nothing in a tournament without feats, thats how it works. I agree with your point that these legends or people who have little to no manga showings should never be included in tournaments (unless i misunderstood you).

Now that they are included, they should realistically lose every single matchup because they have no showings and people should not complain. The fact that Roger beat Marco in this tourney infuriates me.

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Marco?

Polo!

:teehee

Status
Not open for further replies.