Light Novel - Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Light Novel Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Source yes, but surely not completely translated. Also the author is changing stuff in the Light Novel.
So the best thing to do is read however much of the Web Novel is translated, and sit back and wait for a second (third) season of the anime that is likely to come?

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Oh yeah, because in that one timeline there was an event that caused Rem's existence to be erased right? I don't fully understand it yet, and i'm likely to rewatch the anime, but I'm currently reading the Web Novel just after or just before the anime ends and
Rem and Crusch have encountered the Archbishops of Greed and Gluttony, the entire militia force has been wiped out, and I need to see this animated :O
Yes but that was because of the whale and is not related.
The archbishop cut all her connections to the real world and pout her in a coma. Only Subaru remembers her and tries everything to save her. Apparently Rosewaal told Emilia that she will probably lose Subaru, if he is successful.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Yes but that was because of the whale and is not related.
The archbishop cut all her connections to the real world and pout her in a coma. Only Subaru remembers her and tries everything to save her. Apparently Rosewaal told Emilia that she will probably lose Subaru, if he is successful.
Doesn't Subaru end up gaining that Authority? Or was it
Greed's Time Manipulation
Even if he did gain Gluttony's Authority, I don't think it's something he'd even want to use

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
So far he has sloth and greed. No gluttony.
Also he gains Beako as a spirit. He actually powers up quite a bit.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
So which do you read? The LN or the WN?

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well both as the LN is basically up to date with the Anime. The WN is way ahead, Felix-san.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well both as the LN is basically up to date with the Anime. The WN is way ahead, Felix-san.
I swear I need to have my ability to change my Avvy and Sig revoked (Please don't actually do that xD)
But this guys is one of my favourite male characters in the series.
1. Wilhelm
2. Felix
3. Reinhard
I've just started reading the WN from Interlude II, based right after the point where the anime ends (Or thereabouts). Now I sort of understand how Rem's existence got stolen away, Crusch's Memory too.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@Sky so that company sells the rights for English Translations to the West, but the English Translations can't be read online or gotten for free?

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
No they are sold as books of course. It's like licensing Manga.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
TranslationChicken has released a new part of his Translation of the Re: Zero Web Novel after the end of the anime
Arc 3: Interlude III - To Each their Oaths 5.5/6
https://translationchicken.com/2016/09/22/rezero-arc-3-interlude-iii-to-each-their-oaths556/
Wow that sort of makes me mad. It was all Pucks fault. If he had warned Emilia about the Witch Cult most of this could have been avoided....
It was only Subaru telling Puck she could die that got him to act in the end...

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
For the record: His name is Pack, not Puck. Crunchy Roll kinda failed here.

Yes, I care for that stuff. :kappa

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
For the record: His name is Pack, not Puck. Crunchy Roll kinda failed here.

Yes, I care for that stuff. :kappa
It is? CR fails at a lot if things but not as badly as Fairy Tail...

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Pack is written as Pakku, so yes.
Oh so it's a literal translation from the Romanji?
Sorry I'm not too well versed when it comes to Asian dialects. European languages tend to be easier for me to learn
Dammit I just can't stay away from those Suzuya Avatars :3 He's my favorite character after all

Petrit Zeneli

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Rem truly is the best thing that came out of this show. If only such an adorable girl would exist in real life. *sighs*
The last episode was of course awesome. I do feel sad for Petelgeuse, as he clearly went mad at some point and isn't able to thing straight anymore.

Also it was quite nice that Satella had the same VA as Emilia. Brilliant foreshadowing.

Last but not least it is bit sad, that they didn't adapt the final part of arc 3. I sure hope we get a season 2 because

right after that romance scene with Emilia, Subaru mentiones Rem. Sadly, Emilia responds with "Who is Rem?". There were many hints already during the show like Ram not even asking about her and the blank letter, which was written by Rem. Rem... :'(
This is what should have concluded ep 25 in the anime...but the fucking writer/author/artists was too chicken and cowardice to even show it, since everyone loves and adores Rem more than Emilia...there's thousands if not 100's of thousands of people who unconditionally Love and cherish Rem more than Emilia and the writer/author/artist knows this, but was trying to play it safe and save face...

After many deaths and loops, Subaru & co finally brings an end to this bloody conflict, with the best possible outcome... or so it seemed.

Rem was the heroine of the entire 80+-chapter arc but after all was said and done, it was revealed she was "eaten" by the Grand Bishop of Gluttony. Her physical body remains in a coma, but her existence is erased from the world. Meaning, no one but Subaru remembers her. Not even her beloved sister. And this happened BEFORE the new "loop point" was established, making it impossible for Subaru to reset. He even committed multiple suicides in attempt to reset this tragedy.

Rem was the only person that stayed at his side with unwavering trust and devotion, so this devastates Subaru who had just managed to recover from so much averted tragedies.

She remains in coma even now, 200 chapters later in arc 5. But the Grand Bishop of Gluttony is one of the enemies in this arc, and Rem's spirit seems to be part of him, so we may finally see her restored.

And what broke my heart was that even after everything Rem has gone through, and the last person that was on her mind throughout the whole ordeal was Subaru...and it hurts because that was like a middle finger to everyone who loves this show.

here's what happened...

Rem: I am only someone who is beloved by the person she loves. Companion of the Hero, the one I love the most in all the world, no matter what. Natsuki Subaru’s companion, Rem

A pristine white horn emerged from her forehead, an immense surge of mana flew into her body from the atmosphere.

Her body drinking in new strength, the chain of her morning star writhing, rattling, the ice spears around her ringing in anticipation.

She opened her eyes, taking in the world and the feeling of the atmosphere. In her mind, she was seeing his face.

Rem: Prepare yourselves, Sin Archbishops. Rem’s hero shall bring punishment upon you!

Raising her morning star, the same instant the ice spears flew, Rem’s body shot forth.

As if in reply, Batenkaitos’ mouth stretched wide open, full of fangs.

Ley: How wonderful!! —-Ah such PASSION! LET’S EAT!!

Clash met clash, and in that instant she thought—

Rem: I wish when he realizes I am gone, it could cause a small ripple in his heart.

This alone, was what Rem wished for in her final moment.

How fucking disgusting that we never got to see that in the Anime...and how fucking dare the writer cut this part out of the Anime when it was one of the most important scenes of the whole series...What?...Did he think he could get away with it?...Fuck him the piece of shit scumbag...Rem sacrificed her own Love for Subaru just so he can have his...this girl who would do stupid things out of Love for the person she Loves with everything she has, and yet get's this kind of treatment given to her.

I really do hope that Rem comes back and is revived fully because the only person that helped Subaru in his time of need was her, she was his support, backbone and companion...she never betrayed him or neglected him, she nursed him back to health and healed his broken soul and damaged heart...after Emila future Satela rejected him and banished him after Subaru was trying to honour her and fight for her respect, so everyone can show some respect for her...what did she do? She was embarrassed and felt awkward that the one person who loved her and fought for her honour to be accepted, cast him out like a leper never to speak to him again...and yet people still love her for her goddess like nature because she can't do no wrong...she's perfect...fuck the insecure low self esteem half elf...I hope she does become Satela because they're both one and the same...Elves and even Half-Elves don't age...But what pissed me off was Subaru used the exact same words that Rem used on him to charm Emilia...How cheap is that?

Rem deserves better...what she accomplished in one scene eclipsed everything and anything any other character will ever accomplish.

Last edited by a moderator:

YbKWzNEb

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Wow that sort of makes me mad. It was all Pucks fault. If he had warned Emilia about the Witch Cult most of this could have been avoided....
It was only Subaru telling Puck she could die that got him to act in the end...
Even if pack knew he can't and will not stop it because of his contract with Echidna to not stop Emilia's ordeal. That was revealed in arc 4 at his first death after the white whale battle in the WN which was cut in the LN .
BTW, the author plans to end this series in the next 4 years according to his twitter

とにかく、半年間アニメお付き合いありがとう! ウェブからいる人たちはリゼロに四年以上ありがとう! 書籍からでもすでに二年半以上だ、ありがとう! 四年前から言ってるけど、あと四年ぐらいで終わらすわ!!!

TL - Anyway, thank you for the acquaintances throughout this half a year! Thank you to the people from the web who have been with Re:Zero for over four years! It’s already been over two years and a half for the light novel, thanks! I said this four years ago, but it’ll be about another four years before it ends!!!

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Even if pack knew he can't and will not stop it because of his contract with Echidna to not stop Emilia's ordeal. That was revealed in arc 4 at his first death after the white whale battle in the WN which was cut in the LN .
BTW, the author plans to end this series in the next 4 years according to his twitter
This series is already pretty long honestly. He's got a lot of writing ahead of him
--- Double Post Merged, ---
The next chapter of the Web Novel translation by Holychicken is up!
Re: Zero Arc 4 Chapter 1: The Place they Returned to (1)
https://translationchicken.com/2016/09/26/rezero-arc-4-chapter-1-the-place-they-returned-to1/

YbKWzNEb

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
tynkerd is already doing chapter 2 and plans to released it after chicken finishes chapter 1 ;)

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
tynkerd is already doing chapter 2 and plans to released it after chicken finishes chapter 1 ;)
Who's tynkerd? Also I'm fairly happy with chickens translations but if that other guy does it in English I'll check it out

YbKWzNEb

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Who's tynkerd? Also I'm fairly happy with chickens translations but if that other guy does it in English I'll check it out
just one of the redditor's that translate in the re:zero subreddit. here's a snapshot of his translation of chapter 2 btw

Volume 10 sample illustrations